Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Elysium a good film for those who have watched it??

No spoilers please.

I heard that it was a really bad film. Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 808/18/2013

Try the search function OP. And no, most people who posted in the thread didn't especially like it.

by Anonymousreply 108/18/2013

I hate it when you think she's dead and she's not, and when you think he's going to survive and doesn't. Such a shock.

Oh, sorry, OP.

by Anonymousreply 208/18/2013

Visually it's very interesting, but if you've seen the director's previous film DIstrict 9, you've seen the visual effects already.

The plot is nonsense, and apart from Matt Damon, who is bad-movie-proof, everyone's performance is ridiculous.

Diego Luna is adorable, though.

by Anonymousreply 308/18/2013

It was pretty bad. Not offensively bad, because as noted above it is visually stunning, but the script isn't going to set the world on fire.

The actors fail to rise about the weak script.

The public is rejecting it and it will go down as another huge bomb of the summer.

by Anonymousreply 408/18/2013

When the film editor resorts to extreme close-ups and fast cuts in action or fight scenes so that you can't see what's happening, you know that the scene was not very convincing as it was shot. It's not true that a creative editor can save a crap movie.

by Anonymousreply 508/18/2013

No, OP, it's only a good film for those who have not watched it.

by Anonymousreply 608/18/2013

i am not a grammar troll, but OP's title makes me weep.

by Anonymousreply 708/18/2013

It wasn't a bad movie but it could have been an above-average movie if several changes had been made, but since OP doesn't want spoilers I won't explain exactly what could have been done better. The visuals of Elysium were stunning, and the robots were very cool.

by Anonymousreply 808/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.