Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What, in your opinion, is the relationship between how promiscuous a person is and his status in life?

My mother was just discussing this with me. And she said that the richer someone is, the more likely they are to have more sex partners.

I disagreed with her; in my experience, it's those with a low station in life that tend to be more promiscuous. I mean they have nothing better to do.

But then I know she's not completely wrong, I mean Bill Clinton and Tiger Woods are good examples. But then I thought Tiger Woods is an athlete, and we all know people from this line of work tend to be less for Bill Clinton...he's most likely an outlier. The general trend is the higher up you are, the less likely you are to cheat...actually...the less likely you are to do anything but work (that's how you got rich, after all).

What is your take on this issue?

by Anonymousreply 2108/18/2013

Why do you care?

Concerning oneself with another's "promiscuity" is the domain of fraus and small town busybodies.

by Anonymousreply 108/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 208/17/2013

You're a whore, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 308/17/2013

You're typing this shit on datalounge while your boyfriend is getting cornholed by Gore Vidal on some bathroom floor.

by Anonymousreply 408/18/2013

No relationship whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 508/18/2013

OP is one of those health workers who stalk the bookstores, bath houses, and online sites. They never anything with anybody. They just watch everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 608/18/2013

while fingering their 2 inch limp pecker.

by Anonymousreply 708/18/2013

Why the hell are people attacking OP?

I think that wealthy people might have a more active sex life with multiple partners but not numerous parters. Perhaps a spouse and a lover/mistress or two.

Pro athletes might have dozens of lovers, any profession with groupies actually.

Poor people would probably have to pay whores for sex and can only get the amount they could afford. Keep in mind someone making 35k a year is poor but could probably afford a blow job every week or so. So I say poor people are more promiscuous.

by Anonymousreply 808/18/2013

Actually, in the upper classes, a spouse is almost definitely going to cheat. I don't think economic status has anything at all to do with promiscuity - and you might want to define promiscuity, you're on DL after all.

by Anonymousreply 908/18/2013

Answer: No direct relationship

Here are the causal relationships that you're looking for:

1. Hormone Balance This is obvious: only people with certain hormones will crave lots of sex or lots of partners. Asexuals or similar people, whether rich, poor, or middling, don't have promiscuous sex.

2. Values People with high sex drives who think it's wrong to cheat will find other outlets.

3. Amount of free time

That's basically it.

by Anonymousreply 1008/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 1108/18/2013

The OP is a complete moron. So is r8.

The wealthy have always been the most promiscuous precisely BECAUSE they have the wherewithal.

by Anonymousreply 1208/18/2013

OP and his mother are both right. The most promiscuous people are sociopaths, and sociopaths are found at the top and bottom of the economic spectrum in higher quantities than the middle.

by Anonymousreply 1308/18/2013

It depends. Does the rich person have ADHD? The most promiscuous people I've met in life have been dirt poor.

by Anonymousreply 1408/18/2013

[quote]'s those with a low station in life that tend to be more promiscuous. I mean they have nothing better to do.

Pity the working classes.

It's the idle rich and the idle poor who have time on their hands to spend their days and nights fucking -- and who are the best at it by way of practice. The worker bees are lucky enough to pump out a couple of kids and then have an occasional and unsatisfactory birthday or anniversary hump.

This has always been so.

by Anonymousreply 1508/18/2013

Pro athletes are less disciplined? MARY, get off that couch and go exercise!

by Anonymousreply 1608/18/2013

Your mother is right, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1708/18/2013

[quote]Pro athletes are less disciplined? MARY, get off that couch and go exercise!

I didn't say they were less disciplined but more promiscuous. I've seen numerous articles where pro athletes have bragged about the THOUSANDS of women they have slept with.

Magic Johnson said he slept with over 300 per year. Wilt Chamberlain said he slept with over 20,000 in his entire life. I'm quite sure they are disciplined.

by Anonymousreply 1808/18/2013

Joe Namath and Babe Ruth have bragged about their number of partners too.

by Anonymousreply 1908/18/2013

Pro athletes are famous, fit and away from home a lot. That gives those who want to be promiscuous a lot of opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 2008/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 2108/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!