Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are We Sharing Too Much Online?

Thoughtprovoking article about the topic.

This summer I've become increasingly turned off by Facebook because I don't want to read some friends excruciating minutiae. One co-worker writes every sentence ending with 2 or 3 exclamation marks. It's actually made me come to dislike her.

I guess I value my privacy and admire others who do as well.

by Anonymousreply 908/17/2013

I can't say.

by Anonymousreply 108/17/2013

I would answer OP but my roommate caught me masterbating and now he is sexually harassing me so it makes it a little hard to respond.

Besides Grand Hotel is on TCM right now!

by Anonymousreply 208/17/2013

So you are saying you prefer to deal with your idealized version of your co-worker than her true self?

This "minutiae", of which you speak, gives us true insight to the shallowness of the people around us and acts as warning sign. Would you rather live a life of false veneers and be upset later at the true-ness of their personalities? Better to be disgusted now than wait and be disappointed at their "frau-ness"!

by Anonymousreply 308/17/2013

[quote]One co-worker writes every sentence ending with 2 or 3 exclamation marks. It's actually made me come to dislike her.

Don't you see that co-worker five days a week, OP? Why would you want someone like that to be part of your life in evenings and on weekends? You're the one with the screw loose if you are so desperate to have FB "friends" in order to impress others.

by Anonymousreply 408/17/2013

She friended me R4. I thought it would be rude not to accept her request.

by Anonymousreply 508/17/2013

MYOB, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 608/17/2013

I'm not on Facebook. Apparently a number of people at work are on it and "friends" who don't even know each other that well. I value my privacy and have no interest in sharing details.

by Anonymousreply 708/17/2013

No! Shut the fuck up! Whateva! Whateva! I do what I waaaannnttt....

And stop fucking calling me, Brian Williams. I told you I'm not doing news interviews. Shit, I needs mys privacy, bitches!!

by Anonymousreply 808/17/2013

[quote]Are We Sharing Too Much Online?

Not, "We," OP. You!!!!! If you have to ask such a question, there's no doubt you don't know how to keep anything to yourself. Futher, you don't even have the smarts to deny friending someone you don't want to friend. Do you have any control over any part of your life? Do you anticipate your birthday for weeks, wondering how many greetings you'll got on your facebook page?

by Anonymousreply 908/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.