Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have any of you quit drinking using that My Way Out system?

Is it a pyramid scheme? I'm leery of people selling supplements.

by Anonymousreply 1408/18/2013

Amy Winehouse owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 108/17/2013

This is bullshit. Is based around hypnosis and kudzu.

Get medical help for detoxing . Then look up SMART Recovery. It works, it's not a cult like AA.

by Anonymousreply 308/17/2013

Kudzu is actually good at fighting cravings.

by Anonymousreply 408/17/2013

[quote]Kudzu is actually good at fighting cravings.

Especially for kudzu.

by Anonymousreply 508/17/2013

Please don't "just stop," especially if you've been on a long binge. Alcohol withdrawal is not just diffcult, but it can also be extremely dangerous. It's not worth the risk, so please seek professional detox help. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 608/17/2013

I'm on day 5. Just reading around recovery sites and dealing with friends who say, yeah just switch to weed or xanax. Wasnt there a good alcoholism thread on DL? I didnt want to hear it at the time. Can someone please bump it?

by Anonymousreply 708/18/2013

I quit drinking almost overnight in 2009. I didn't drink a lot, but I drank nearly everyday, and mostly to go to sleep. My sleep has become horrible since, and my life very boring, but at least I look young for my age. And I've become much better at holding on to a job (which was the reason why I quit).

by Anonymousreply 808/18/2013

Should add that I still drink about once a month (a drink or two), but I don't like it and it's lost all its allure compared to before.

My drinking buddies have since moved on to cocaine. These were great friends I really loved, and I hardly ever see them anymore. I can't imagine doing drugs.

by Anonymousreply 908/18/2013

I went to rehab for 30 days.

by Anonymousreply 1008/18/2013

You *did* a drug, R8/R9. Not so much of a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 1108/18/2013

R8/9 is such a douche. I bet he's the type who even realizes how "thoughtless" he's being and revels in being a dick. Seriously, anyone got a link to that thread or do I need to start another?

by Anonymousreply 1208/18/2013

It is a blessing op, not an excuse to participate in pyramid schemes.

by Anonymousreply 1408/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.