Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

R&B Singer Raz B Reportedly on Life Support After Nightclub Fight

Raz B, who rose to fame as a member of the chart-topping group B2K, was on life support Saturday after an attack on the singer at a nightclub Thursday in China, TMZ reported.

‘He is in a coma and needs as many prayers as possible,’ Raz’s publicist Toy Jones told TMZ.

Raz B, whose birth name is De’Mario Monte Thornton, was smashed across the face with a glass bottle during a concert on Thursday, where he was set to perform.

The incident happened when the 28-year-old stepped in to break up a fight, TMZ reported.

He was initially arrested in connection with the brawl, but police realized the singer had nothing to do with the fight and released him for medical treatment.

He was hospitalized and treated for what was believed to be a minor injury before being discharged later that day.

But the next morning, Raz didn’t wake up.

He remained unconscious while backup dancers rushed him to the hospital, where doctors confirmed he had brain activity but was comatose, TMZ reported.

The singer was said to be breathing through a ventilator.

Born in Cleveland, Raz B was a member of the boy band B2K along with Omarion, Lil’ Fizz and J-Boog.

The group met in 1998 and was managed by music producer Chris Stoke.

Their name B2K (Boys of the New Millennium) was meant to represent the fact that they got together at the beginning of the new millennium.

The group released their self-titled debut album in 2002. It peaked at #2 on the Billboard 200 and #1 on the U.S. Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs albums chart.

B2K was known for the hit singles “Bump, Bump, Bump,” “Girlfriend” and “Why I Love You,” but split in 2003 after they starred in the movie “You Got Served.”

According to his official website, Raz B recently released new mixtape called “Panic.”

by Anonymousreply 2508/26/2013

Was he the one who made gay claims about his band members?

by Anonymousreply 108/17/2013

Yes r1.

by Anonymousreply 208/17/2013

B2K ???

by Anonymousreply 308/17/2013

Bizarre story but nothing surprises me with Raz B. As crazy as he is, I don't doubt the stories he told exposing the handlers of B2K.

by Anonymousreply 408/17/2013

How strange that he was performing in China. I know Japan goes mad for cheesy teen pop, but China...

by Anonymousreply 508/17/2013

R5 he's going anywhere that will have him. Omarion was the only B2K member to have any sort of success. Raz B's name is burnt in the industry after opening his mouth about what he and some other B2K members went through regarding molestation etc...

by Anonymousreply 608/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 708/17/2013

No one fucking cares

by Anonymousreply 808/17/2013

R7 we get it-you're white and don't follow anyone any non-superstar black entertainers. Raz B was part of the briefly popular and now disbanded r&b boy band B2K in the early 2000s. For about 3 years they were huge.

by Anonymousreply 908/17/2013

he was silenced for his comments about being molested.

by Anonymousreply 1008/17/2013

Briefly popular / now disbanded.

by Anonymousreply 1108/17/2013

r4, I believed him as well...I remember when Omarion kicked their asses to curb in 2004, Raz-b was totally sincere about the allegations. It wasnt until a couple of years ago that he resurfaced and lost his mind about it.

I feel sorry for him, this happens to quite a few child stars that hit it big and have no one protect them from evil people in the entertainment industry.

Anyway, I will save my vulgar comments about his lips and his other well endowed body parts for another time.

by Anonymousreply 1208/17/2013

He's cute.

by Anonymousreply 1308/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 1408/17/2013

That would be a sad way to go...hopefully he can recover.

by Anonymousreply 1508/18/2013

r12 I agree he lost his mind, but being desperate doesn't make him wrong.

Sad story. I hope he can be stabilized and recover back home.

by Anonymousreply 1608/18/2013

i hope he'll make it. its usually best to never get involved when others are having a dispute. he's in my thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 1708/18/2013

Is he bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 1808/18/2013

He's out of his coma, smiling and responsive! Good news.

by Anonymousreply 1908/18/2013

This is important for me to know about because?

by Anonymousreply 2008/18/2013

Me either, r4. They ring true to me, as well. Especially having knowledge of these types of things..what's said, what's on said, how they responded. He was telling the truth, bipolar or not. I hope he recovers.

by Anonymousreply 2108/18/2013

[quote] Cops quickly released Raz after determining he did nothing wrong. Raz's rep says cops made the bottle thrower fork over roughly $5,000 to pay for Raz's medical expenses.

How do the cops get money from someone? Take them to an ATM while holding a gun to their heads?

by Anonymousreply 2208/18/2013

It happened in China, R22. Use your imagination.

by Anonymousreply 2308/18/2013

Praise God! I am glad he is doing better and hope he is on his feet soon.

by Anonymousreply 2408/18/2013

Raz B was never in a coma. It was allegedly a hoax.

by Anonymousreply 2508/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!