Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

City Councilwoman Elisa Chan On LGBT People: “So Disgusting!”

Oh this one's a piece of work. Caught on tape, in you guessed it, TEXAS!

by Anonymousreply 4208/24/2013

Yes, Texas has homophobes. So does New York, though.

Both Castro brothers have come out forcefully against Chan. San Antonio, like Houston, Austin, and El Paso, is a liberal city.

by Anonymousreply 108/17/2013

Wait until we put her in a sling and fist her!

by Anonymousreply 308/17/2013

I think she will eventually say that it was a misunderstanding, that she "make joke." And then she will proceed to make pee-pee in your Coke.

by Anonymousreply 408/17/2013

r5, if you listen to the recording it goes on and on. It was not one comment. There is no way she can say she was misunderstood.

Someone remarked that she had been planning a run for mayor. Oops.

There is another thread on this on DL:

by Anonymousreply 508/17/2013

Is she married to a gay man?

by Anonymousreply 808/17/2013

I thought asians are supposed to be educated? Anyway--off with her head. She's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 908/17/2013

[quote]Straight men have always been much more supportive, believe it or not.

by Anonymousreply 1008/17/2013

I will never understand how minorities can behave like this. It really is quite illogical and confounding, especially when the same type of bigotry can be hurled against them.

by Anonymousreply 1108/18/2013

The remarks Jeff Bazan made were by far worse that Elisa Chan's remarks. That guy is really, really ignorant, and a big mouth as well. I hope he gets his ass handed to him. Unfortunately, his boss is making excuses for him.

Please, listen to the tape, get pissed and start emailing.

by Anonymousreply 1208/18/2013

R5 will now make pee-pee in r6 Coke. Hee hee.

by Anonymousreply 1308/18/2013

R12, it seems that every group seems to put down other groups because , in that way, they are not at the bottom of the heap. By discriminating against others, they can male themselves feel better that someone is beneath them.

by Anonymousreply 1408/18/2013

R8, you are full of shit. Your entire post is laughable from beginning to end. Straight men more supportive? Maybe in your fantasies. That has not been my experience in the locker rooms, dormitories, all-male workplaces and straight bars that I've been the real world. Take your obsessive woman-hating elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 1508/18/2013

Funny, that's how I feel about Orientals.

by Anonymousreply 1608/18/2013

The only time san ntonio is discussed and its this crap...

by Anonymousreply 1808/18/2013

I wish the press had paid more attention to Jeff Bazan's remarks. His ass needs to be fired, but I have a sick feeling he won't be. I couldn't believe the crap coming out of his loud ass mouth.

This recording really got to me for many different reasons.

by Anonymousreply 1908/18/2013

Fantastic that this got leaked. She's entitled to her opinion, of course, but hey, you cannot hold public office with that opinion. Tough luck for her.

Bye bye, honey!

by Anonymousreply 2008/18/2013

TX Councilwoman Elisa Chan Has No Apologies For Homophobic Remarks

San Antonio Councilwoman Elisa Chan released the following statement today in response to last week's leaked recordings, in which she described gays as "disgusting," said homosexuality is a choice, and denounced gay adoption (among other things).

Chan says:

"The comments from the staff meeting on May 21st were and are my personal opinions and thoughts as guaranteed to me by the 1st amendment to the U.S. Constitution. It is unfortunate that a former member of my D9 Council team betrayed the trust of my staff members and me. I will fight, I will always fight for our freedom of speech, especially in a private setting."

by Anonymousreply 2108/22/2013

Oh look, another Asian homophobe. Join the other 2 billion, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2208/22/2013

What a horrid person, and a public servant! Get her out, she has no business representing people.

by Anonymousreply 2308/22/2013

Sure you have the right to say that shit, Chan, but we have every right to criticize you for it and to get you voted out of office.

by Anonymousreply 2408/22/2013

Quelle cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2508/22/2013

[quote] Straight men have always been much more supportive, believe it or not.

Extreme masochists in the gay BDSM scene agree!

by Anonymousreply 2608/22/2013

I've never liked her on Big Brother. I don't know what Maury sees in her.

by Anonymousreply 2708/22/2013

Why is Elisa such a popular name with Asians?

by Anonymousreply 2808/22/2013

There were a LOT of people saying a lot of disgusting things.

She shouldn't have said what she said, but it's not like she started the argument - it's like she was agreeing with the consensus in the room and adding her personal opinions to fit in.

Horrible person to be sure, but almost ALL of the speakers were uneducated fucks.

by Anonymousreply 2908/22/2013

Because there can only be so many Helens, r30.

by Anonymousreply 3008/22/2013

My god, the people on that recording are ignorant. Unreal.

by Anonymousreply 3208/23/2013

Miss Ching Chong should go back to Asia and take her 18th century beliefs with her.

by Anonymousreply 3308/23/2013

Christian missionaries haven't done the world a whole lot of good.

by Anonymousreply 3408/23/2013

I hate the people on this thread stooping to her level and hurling Asian slurs. STFU. You're not helping.

by Anonymousreply 3508/23/2013

R18 How do you feel about Oriental fags?

by Anonymousreply 3608/24/2013

what a cunt! but people should know homophobes come in any size or any race, just like the racists also include gays like R7, R17, R33 and R36.

by Anonymousreply 3708/24/2013

R39 lol, being gay doesn't mean you can't be a racist, you let those people talk long enough, they will show you who they really are, gay or not, they can't hide it.

by Anonymousreply 3808/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!