Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lady Gaga's Collapse is complete

Her single is coming in a distant second while Katy Perry is breaking records again with 'Roar'.

What went wrong?

by Anonymousreply 21608/23/2013

I am a Gaga fan and I requested this thread. Why? The fan base has hurt her a lot and turned people against her. Everyone hates her, the gays hate her due to the Madonna comparisons, the others hate her for the gay advocacy. She may not be the second coming but she is talented and it's sad that something as silly as Roar is eating her up for breakfast. I think the hate on her has gotten too much, the people don't want her. Also, many self-declared monsters pirate her music and are outside the US, the most important music market. She can do something really great but no one wants her anymore.

As a genuine fan, this makes me sad, because ultimately she is a pop artist.

by Anonymousreply 108/17/2013

And it's not a distant second. On iTunes Robin Thicke is second while some country singer is third. Gaga is slipping fast. She's going the way of Cyndi Lauper and Christina Aguilera. Public doesn't want her, even those who like her song are ashamed to buy her music and listen to it, Radio does not want to play "uncool" Gaga. She's over as a pop star. But she may continue making music just to her diminishing fan base.

by Anonymousreply 208/17/2013

"the ELDER.gays hate her due to the Madonna comparisons"

by Anonymousreply 308/17/2013

Madonna called her and demanded her career back...And she had nothing left

by Anonymousreply 408/17/2013

Bitch has millions in the bank. She is not suffering. Typical hysterical queens overreacting over one song.

by Anonymousreply 508/17/2013

Then only the baby gays can like her. Some of them naturally don't, while the others are a little bit unbalanced, even as a fan I can admit that. Basically, she has no support and she'll drop like a rock. Strange when a few years ago she could do no wrong. When she tried more 80s sounding music she was torn apart and now that she's getting back to her roots with Applause they still hate her. it must be the fan base and definitely not the reason haters have been throwing around that she's pretentious. She has always been pretentious but can back that up with some talent and a real love of art. It has to be her idiotic fans who push her down the throat of everyone they meet and their mother.

by Anonymousreply 608/17/2013

It's her lead single after 3 years, though, R5. People don't seem to want to buy her music anymore.

by Anonymousreply 708/17/2013

She needs some great videos! Last time Katy blew her out of the water in that department. Would Blurred Lines be a hit if an almost 40 year old man bragging about a big dick and had 18 year old super models showing boobies in his video?

by Anonymousreply 808/17/2013

R1, you have a lot of good points, especially about her obnoxious fans, who really are terrible. Boy George made an innocent little joke about Gaga (who he's friends with), on twitter, and the little monsters not only swarmed him with attacks, many of the were homophobic. So Gaga's gay advocacy seems to be falling on deaf ears with her own fans. And Gaga could've scolded them over the Boy George incident for example, but refuses to.

The main problem is the new song is weak though, it doesn't deserve to be a big hit. I don't think we'll ever know if she started to fade because of a backlash, or failure to deliver good music.

by Anonymousreply 908/17/2013

She makes great albums. Maybe everyone is waiting for entire selection...

by Anonymousreply 1008/17/2013

Exactly, R9. Although I'd say it's the backlash because weak music can still be a major hit. As a fan I don't think Applause is weak but let's for the sake of the conversation say it's weak. That doesn't stop it from smashing. I mean look at Roar (Brave 2.0) it's going to sell loads and be a big hit. Applause is objectively better than that train-wreck.

The think with Boy George was disgusting. She does sometimes try to rein her fans in if you follow her on twitter and her social network. But they're too defensive.

A little more than a week ago Deadmau5 criticised Gaga doing the Abramovic Method and he got a lot of death threats from monsters. Makes me ashamed to form part of the fan base to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 1108/17/2013

She was at 10 on the Australian iTunes chart 5 minutes ago... now she's at 11. Beaten by a remix of Summertime Sadness (Lana Del Rey).

by Anonymousreply 1208/17/2013

I'm more baffled by Katy Perry's success than Gaga's failure.

525,000 copies of Roar? That song sucks.

by Anonymousreply 1308/17/2013

r13 I completely agree. I'm no Gaga fan, but I fucking hate Katy Perry with a passion... talent-less cunt that she is!

by Anonymousreply 1408/17/2013

Robin Thicke, Katy Perry, Lana del Rey, Avicii, Miley Cyrus, Ellie Goulding... All these are beating Gaga in countries around the world. It's unfathomable.

by Anonymousreply 1508/17/2013

Not a huge fan. Followed her career from a distance. I enjoyed the music on Fame, simple catchy, cleverly written pop songs. Then she tried too hard too fast - calling herself an icon way too hard too fast. She wore most people out. By the time she had evolved to dressing like a man at the MTV awards I think people were done with.

Oh, and her music really isn't that good now. You can either consistently deliver mediocre (Katy perry) or grow as a pop star in your sound (Rihanna) but you can't deliver good music in the beginning then get worse an expect people to stick around.

by Anonymousreply 1608/17/2013

R15 Born This Way was a thousand times better than that filler album The Fame. Even critically BTW was better received.

by Anonymousreply 1708/17/2013

Lady Gaga is played out.

by Anonymousreply 1808/17/2013

True r17, but The Fame singles were better which is all that matters in the end. Those were some ruthlessly catchy singles.

And she wasn't like Madonna then, which kinda what started the backlash. The moment the old hag got out her thesaurus and spoke out herself was a turning point.

I'm not a fan but the level of hate toward her by other Madonna fans is unbelievable. If you went to a Madonna forum from 2009 on it was insane and they really became Gaga forums, with fans and haters alike. It coincided with Vadge's hiatus.

This was someone they couldn't automatically dismiss like a Britney, cause Gags had talent. "Bad Romance" cemented her amazing year, great song with better production and a great video.

One of the problems with Gaga is like Mariah she's obsessed with chart stats. Unlike Mariah, hers weren't legit - she kept saying she had 5 #1s when they were only Pop Song #1s or something, not the real Hot 100 chart.

by Anonymousreply 1908/17/2013

R3 nailed it. There does seem to be a lot of resentment over the fact that she was being touted as another Madonna. I'm not a big Gaga fan by any means, but I found it sad that people couldn't appreciate a song like "Born this way" instead of turning it into some ridiculous hypocritical argument about a song allegedly being copied. Madonna has really shown her insecurity when talking about her.

Madonna has better songs but there's no way she would have been as huge had she started now. She was lucky to have come upon the scene during the conservative Reagan years. She was the perfect poster child for those who wanted to give a finger to Ronnie and everything he represented. But that routine had worn out its welcome during the Clinton years, hence why she became more conservative in her approach for a while. There was also no internet so it wasn't as easy to track the "inspirations" as it is now. I remember another poster saying that Madonna always knew who to steal from and they were right.

I think had Gaga hit it big in the early 2000's she would have been better accepted.

by Anonymousreply 2008/17/2013

What went wrong? She's NOT me!

by Anonymousreply 2208/17/2013

Gaga's miasma of desperation has always stunk up the room and that kind of Sahara-level thirst is never attractive.

by Anonymousreply 2308/17/2013

I think the issue is that people are sick of Gaga singing songs about fame and the need for fame. It's a weird subject that almost no one can identify with. Gaga's song "Dance in the Dark" is masterful pop. It's like she de-evolved in a major way.

by Anonymousreply 2408/17/2013

You're so right about the boring fame-obsessed lyrics, but that just compounds the problem of it not being very interesting musically either. It starts out ok, then her voice gets lost in the mix and the rest of the song is boring.

by Anonymousreply 2508/17/2013

Her perfume is on sale at Duane Reade. It smells really cheap. I recall all the press about blood and semen and how it was radically black. Well, it smells cut-rate.

by Anonymousreply 2608/17/2013

R26 - are you serious? It was supposed to be super luxe, hard to get, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2708/17/2013

I thought I was smelling a very familiar scent...

by Anonymousreply 2808/17/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2908/17/2013

Katy Perry is doing better because she has more pre-teen and teen girl fans. That's what it is. A lot of them want to be like pop tart Perry. They like her campy and simple gimmicks while Gaga is a bit "too weird" for them now.

I don't think Gaga is finished. I'm sure she has 1 amazing single coming up that will win over the public again.

by Anonymousreply 3008/17/2013

I feel she just "tries too hard" with the theatrics and the forced weirdness, and it has become transparent to everyone out there. Her singing voice and piano skills are amazing. If she released an acoustic album as Stephanie Germanotta (sp?), I bet it would sell like gangbusters.

by Anonymousreply 3108/17/2013

Gaga was too big, too quick.

Hell even copying Madge didn't pay off since he used up 10 years of Madge theatrics in ONE YEAR.

And I like her.

by Anonymousreply 3208/17/2013

The new breed of pop stars aren't in charge of their careers. They're a marketing commodity owned by corporations. Gaga may be a more talented musician - but she's no Madonna business wise. The industry is not the same as it was even 10 years ago and that's where Madonna has the edge. She's had the benefit of laying down the groundwork for thirty years. Gaga et all are replaceable with the next gimmick. Gaga is no longer the flavour of the month, and her latest musical offering is no longer the flavour of commercial pop stations. Gaga's belief that she's anything more than that will be her undoing. Katy on the otherhand is clearcut about what she delivers to her audience - like it or hate it. She's not trying to be 'arty' or 'revolutionary'.

by Anonymousreply 3308/17/2013

But R30 Gaga has just released a single meant to win over the public. It still has the quirky lyrics typical of Gaga but it's pop through and through.

by Anonymousreply 3408/17/2013

perfect post r33.

Say what you want about the old broad, but SHE and her team REDEFINE the music industry.

Concerts. Big theatrics.

Recognizing album sales are over, so switch it up.

MDNA tour proves it.

She also owns most of herself whereas the others are whored out piece by piece to different entities.

by Anonymousreply 3508/17/2013

I agree with R33 - Good points.

by Anonymousreply 3608/17/2013

It is very simple: Gaga isn't considered beautiful.

End of story.

by Anonymousreply 3708/17/2013

The fan base hurts her. The monsters are just fucking weird, and I say that as a fan. I like that the music is fun and that she attempts to make artistic statements. I also think her gay advocacy comes from a genuine place and she doesn't see us as just a marketing demographic.

Katy Perry sucks. I mean I just don't understand how she is so big. She is purely a record company creation. Her deal with clear channel for spins is just another form of payola.

But Gaga was fucking enormous very quickly. She's the first real superstar of the YouTube era I think. Even though she's only been around for 5 years it seems like it's been forever because stars are always in our faces now. The Born This Way era was awful. Dark, depressing visuals combined with some 80's hair rock concept album. What on earth were they thinking?

And if you get into her timeline on twitter you'll see some of the freaks who are obsessed with her. I saw some little chubster who did the applause single cover makeup on his face as his profile pic. It was fucking creepy.

by Anonymousreply 4008/17/2013

The limp performance of Applause caused Gaga to leak the Cher duet which Cher hated and did not want released. She did it to drum up attention to applause.

I don't predict applause will be a flop but it won't be big. Look for Perez Hilton to start claiming he ruined her career because she dropped him as a friend.

by Anonymousreply 4108/17/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 4208/17/2013

The Greatest Thing leaked R42 you can search for it on the web. It's not polished in its demo version but there's also an acoustic version going around which is pretty great.

I hope this fan base hasn't fucked Gaga's success up because I really like her and want her to continue making music and expensive videos and large concerts.

by Anonymousreply 4308/17/2013

" I also think her gay advocacy comes from a genuine place and she doesn't see us as just a marketing demographic".

She has built her whole career around pandering and exploiting gay males. She ignores lesbians because gay men are more gullible to her gimmicks.

by Anonymousreply 4408/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 4508/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 4608/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 4708/17/2013

I don't know, r44, she did the bi angle.

I did cringe at her gay pandering, the most blatant and shameless since Kylie. But I suppose one can't discount Born This Way being #1.

Music aside, was there anything wrong with the message of Born This Way? Some gays complained about it, but I think it's effectiv and cuts to the core of what the fundie phobes hate: that you're born like that. If it's good enough for Carl Bean...

by Anonymousreply 4808/17/2013

I'm not a fan of either Roar or Applause, but Roar at least has lyrics people can relate to and what sound like some real instruments in the mix. The success of songs like Blurred Lines and Get Lucky show the market is changing its tastes and want some instrumentation with the mechanized dance beats. Applause is saddled with a dance music production that sounds slightly out of date and more fame obsessed lyrics from Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 4908/17/2013

She relied too heavily on artifice...wild costumes and such. And her music didn't live up to the hype.

by Anonymousreply 5008/17/2013

I agree 49 Perry's Roar is geared for that young girl empowerment fan base and is positive and uplifting for them so naturally they will eat this up.

Gaga's Applause is tired and geared for a limited audience. I am not a fan but I like Gaga. She needs to change her schtick. She has lots of talent she deserves to be around awhile.

by Anonymousreply 5108/17/2013

The meat dress was the beginning of the end.

by Anonymousreply 5208/17/2013

Rankings and #1 status only matters to corporatists not artists. Lady Gaga is a better and more genuine singer and performer than Katy Pery. It's nice to have one voice in the crowd that's not some super repetitive auto-tuned wail. Case Closed.

by Anonymousreply 5308/17/2013

Meat dress was great. Everything she does spectaclewise is great. Problem is living in a country where most find that kind of thing pretentious. She has an artistic New York sensibility. The sensibility of a performance artist. That's not going to work long term.

I think she should step out of the spotlight. Write some stuff for other people until she finds that sweet spot between the stupid shit most people like and what she really wants to express.

by Anonymousreply 5408/17/2013

[quote]It's nice to have one voice in the crowd that's not some super repetitive auto-tuned wail.

And yet that's how she chooses to present herself, with tinny Eurotrash beats and generic electro, the same as everyone else. She should do something that showcases, rather than drowns out, her voice like the Tony Bennett duet.

Roar is just as processed and I think this sound has been worn out. I imagine pure r&b is on its way back, expect lots of Blurred Lines clones.

by Anonymousreply 5508/17/2013

R33 is right.

I think another factor in her devolution is that she's no longer with Rob Fusari and Red One. As a writing partner, Fusari gave her focus and molded her. Part of her artiste shtick is an obvious self loathing of being such a corporate pop star.

As for Perry, you can hate her all you want but she does cowrite the bulk of her material so I don't see her going away soon. Plus, she has a voice better suited for pop rock and a background as an acoustic singer/songwriter so I can easily see her dropping a massive hit album on par with Jagged Little Pill. It may come with Prism, it may be later but she still has tricks up her sleeve and knows when to reveal them.

by Anonymousreply 5608/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 5708/17/2013

Stefani was an upper middle class uptown girl who first wanted to be a indie rock chick and was hanging out on the LES. Failing, she hooked up with some Jersey B&T producers, and suddenly decided she would be part of downtown gay underground history without every having been seen in the scene. A wannabe fraud for even bigger wannabe losers. At least Scissor Sisters played electroclash sex parties before they went to London.

Her schtick, to her credit, was not truly original, transgressive, or authentic - so the flyover kids bought it because the music was easily digestible. But then she decided she really was an artiste and now is making derivative, navel-gazing meta-bullshit that people have outgrown, caught on to, or realize that it's just nonsense. No production values, no musicianship, just crap.

May her collapse be permanent.

by Anonymousreply 5808/17/2013

This whole thread is like watching flies fight over the biggest chunks of vomit. Leave your good taste at the door.

by Anonymousreply 5908/17/2013

Can't stand her pretentious attitude like she's some revolutionary artist and not just another generic pop singer. She's tries way too hard to be bizarre like her defense of wearing fur.

Applause sounds like a album filler song.

by Anonymousreply 6008/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 6108/17/2013

[quote]As for Perry, you can hate her all you want but she does cowrite the bulk of her material so I don't see her going away soon. Plus, she has a voice better suited for pop rock and a background as an acoustic singer/songwriter so I can easily see her dropping a massive hit album on par with Jagged Little Pill. It may come with Prism, it may be later but she still has tricks up her sleeve and knows when to reveal them.

Dr. Luke and Max Martin are responsible for Katy Perry. She's not the main vision behind her songs, writing credits or not. She may add a lyric here or there but that's about it.

And have you heard her sing live? It ain't cute. No acoustic career for her and her retarded fangurls would never go for it anyway. That's why her new album will sound exactly like the previous two. Because if she stepped away from the formula one iota, the teens would abandon her.

by Anonymousreply 6208/17/2013

Born this way was terrible, and it came at the worst time. It was a blunt rip-off and it killed off the hype around her. She needs to produce better music to become relevant again.

Perry’s songs are good pop songs and she never pretended to be anything else than a pop singer, as R33 rightly said. There are fun to listen to without the added bag of being edgy or artsy.

I don’t get the constant compression between the two, who are very different, and the hate towards Perry. As far as I know she has never said anything bad about gays, why the hate?

by Anonymousreply 6308/17/2013

"She has built her whole career around pandering and exploiting gay males. She ignores lesbians because gay men are more gullible to her gimmicks."

Is this supposed to be about Gaga or Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 6408/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 6508/17/2013

[quote]I don’t get the constant compression between the two, who are very different, and the hate towards Perry. As far as I know she has never said anything bad about gays, why the hate?

She's a fundie asshole. Listen a little song she wrote called 'Ur So Gay'.

by Anonymousreply 6608/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 6708/17/2013

Fuck you, R40.

by Anonymousreply 6808/17/2013

But I also kind of agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 6908/17/2013

There is something so desperate about her, a quality she never had with her earlier work and probably up until right after "Bad Romance." When she first went from the "Pop Star from Outer Space" persona to the "Dirty Goth Artiste", it all went downhill and she is seemingly keeping this persona into this next era too. She's over.

by Anonymousreply 7008/17/2013

It would be a huge mistake to count Gaga out.

by Anonymousreply 7208/17/2013

[quote]dropping a massive hit album on par with Jagged Little Pill

Speaking of which, what the hell ever happened to Alanis? For a good five minutes, she was the biggest thing on the planet, too.

by Anonymousreply 7308/17/2013

Lady Gaga is over now its the death throes.

by Anonymousreply 7408/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 7508/17/2013

Oh boy, another Gaga thread.

Seriously, whoever you are, you really do need help - and in this place, that's saying something.

Sure, we've all leveled the mental illness charge, but bitch you are fucking CRAZY with this shit.

They're both just singers. They make money, and often one of them makes more. This constant talk of who ripped off whom - they both did. From everybody.

Please shut up. Please just shut the fuck up and fucking fuck off for good.

by Anonymousreply 7608/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 7708/17/2013

Only two things wrong with her: her face!

by Anonymousreply 7808/17/2013

"Applause" sucks!!! It sounds like whale vomit and over the top mid 1980's production.

by Anonymousreply 7908/17/2013

[quote]Speaking of which, what the hell ever happened to Alanis? For a good five minutes, she was the biggest thing on the planet, too.

That's because "Jagged Little Pill" sold 33 million copies worldwide. 5 Grammys including "Album of the Year".

She'll never be able to do it again, though she keeps trying.

Adele can now look forward to this with all her future albums.

by Anonymousreply 8008/17/2013

Shop and Compare!

by Anonymousreply 8108/17/2013

Gaga is a fraud and it came out into the open.

She stole from too --------> many people.

by Anonymousreply 8208/17/2013

r58 you left out she is only 1% better than Lana Del Rey.

Another Richie fraud they keep trying to make happen.

by Anonymousreply 8308/17/2013

Don't compare Perry to Alanis. Alanis is not the best singer but she can sing. Perry is a weak singer. Alanis also worked that 90s singer-songwriter angst thing while Perry is very sugary and superficial while occasionally being "naughty". Perry is very reminiscent of 80s Vadge.

Not every song is going to go to #1 so I wouldn't say Gaga is "over". I'm sure she has better songs coming up.

Applause is mediocre but much better than Roar.

by Anonymousreply 8408/17/2013

Before Katy hit it big as a pop tart she tried to go the singer/song writer route, even working with Glen Ballard. But nobody cared and her music sucked.

It wasn't until she revamped her image and hooked up with Dr. Luke and Max Martin, who write all of her hits, did she finally make a name for herself.

She'd never be able to have an Alanis type career.

She's a pair of tits with autotune.

by Anonymousreply 8508/17/2013

[quote]That's because "Jagged Little Pill" sold 33 million copies worldwide. 5 Grammys including "Album of the Year". Adele can now look forward to this with all her future albums.

Adull is less gimmicky than Alanis and her safe MOR will sell regardless, if not in 21 numbers.

Both albums struck a chord, Someone Like You was the one that sent 21 supernova though it already had Rolling in the Deep. Alanis was/seemed very new at the time and she was a real cultural zeitgeist thing bringing about other angry females.

But Alanis went 360 with the next album and even though "Thank U" was a powerful first single that bettered anything on JLP, she didn't want to be a star and couldn't churn out the vengeful angst shit as she wasn't a teen anymore and moved beyond that. Adele was similar in a way with her break up album and is now a totally different person, so who knows where she'll go. But musically soul style-torch songs are the safer bet over angry female grunge.

by Anonymousreply 8608/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 8708/17/2013

Are posts like R87 really sincere or are they persons pretending to be glassy eyed non blinking Lady Gaga fanatics aka Little Monsters?

by Anonymousreply 8808/17/2013

Katy's "Wide Awake" is a great song. Her whole team work and work and work on songs until they consider them perfect. Gaga is a fan of writing 100s of songs and choosing the one that sounds the best. They're very different in their methods of working.

by Anonymousreply 8908/17/2013

The truth is most people knew that Gaga was over after her last album. People have grown tired of her. The costumes and gimmicks are boring and redundant. She tries too hard and everybody is over her. I don't know how anyone thought she'd have any longevity. Children grow up and their tastes change. The success of Perry's "Roar" is sending a clear message to Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 9008/17/2013

"Wide Awake is a great song". Lol, please don't make us laugh. Katy's uptempo songs all sound the same, while her ballads all sound the same. But Wide Awake is one of her worst songs, and of course, one of her more successful ones. Such a shame to see Gaga being driven to irrelevance due to the vehement hate while the talentless hack Perry who would be nothing without Dr Luke is going to become the Queen of Pop. I hope everyone enjoys the new "Best Pop Artist". At least Gaga was interesting with good vocals and actual musical talent.

P.S. if people think monsters are delusional they really should see the Katy fangirls. They call her the new MJ, the female MJ, and they have .gif pictures of Michael's face transforming into Katy's. It's ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 9108/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 9208/17/2013

Katy Perry sounds like a cartoon vagina - whiny and unkempt.

by Anonymousreply 9308/17/2013

I also thought that the success of Adele's 21 was a very bad sign for Gaga. It meant that music buyers were tired of the costumes and gimmicks. I remember the year Adele received her multiple Grammy awards, they kept putting the camera on Gaga sitting in the audience (where she stayed all night) with a cage over her face while Adele went up to the stage to collect her award in a simple black evening gown. Gaga is done.

by Anonymousreply 9408/17/2013

R80, it's pretty clear that Alanis has never thought she could duplicate that success and certainly hasn't tried to. Her discomfort around being mega-famous was pretty apparent, and she's much happier now than she was when JLP was the biggest album on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 9508/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 9608/17/2013

R86, this was just an unnecessarily bitchy thing to write and I just so completely loved it.

by Anonymousreply 9708/17/2013

I loved her first two albums and liked Judas but the last album and this song SUCK. I'm so over her.

by Anonymousreply 9808/17/2013

A friend of mine told me that when she was sharing a house in the late 90s with four other college students, they discovered they had a total of 7 copies of Jagged Little Pill in the house.

by Anonymousreply 9908/17/2013

I always said that if Lady GaGa went too far with the pretentious "artistic" weirdness that she would loss potential fans. It is obvious that she is trying to "push buttons" just like Madonna did back in the day, & it makes her seem like a copycat. She has a lot of talent & she should let her music be her artistic expression instead of all of the gimmicky bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 10008/17/2013

She made herself too accessible to her fans via social media outlets. Now they've become part of her persona and alienated casual fans who may have been apt to purchase her music simply based on liking it. It was a clever scheme during the BTW phase of her career but now it's hindering her from moving beyond that and forward with her career. She made the fringe feel a part of her and now they've become too posessive. Who needs that kind of drama?

by Anonymousreply 10108/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 10208/17/2013

r102, that's why I hate Youtube views counting toward the Hot 100 position. Just by clicking on your link, I'm adding to the total views. It doesn't mean I like it or watching it all.

by Anonymousreply 10308/17/2013

How could Lady Gaga be the Queen of Pop when her career is fizzling out after only 5 years? Queen of Flop, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 10408/17/2013

A decent pop career only lasts 5 years. She had her run.

by Anonymousreply 10508/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 10608/17/2013

Too bad Gaga didn't team up with Jay Z like Justin Timberland did. You've got to have the"urban" radio outlets behind you today to sell a pop song.

by Anonymousreply 10708/18/2013

Lady Gaga isn't flopping. At least not yet. Her song was released a week ahead of schedule due to leaks. There was a strategy in place that got ditched. Katy was suppose to win last week, Gaga this week. Katy's purchased radio play went into effect last week. Gaga's starts this week. Yes, I said purchased. Gaga's label, Interscope, did the same thing with Madonna's godawful first single after the Super Bowl. They still only managed to get it to #10.

Gaga's song is not yet part of any radio playlist. That comes next week when it's officially added to stations. In order for it to be rotated now, it has to be personally requested by listeners.

While "Roar" is not only a rip-off, but also bland as hell, Katy is coming off a massive era, just as Gaga was with "The Fame Monster." No matter what she turned out after that era, it was going to be gold. That's where Perry is at currently. She will never beat Gaga in terms of album sales though. All of this charting is a load of rubbish. They re-released Perry's last album to break the record for most top 5 hits from one album. By re-releasing, they were essentially cheating, or at least fudging reality. Albums and singles make hardly any money. They are promotional items. HOWEVER, labels still want everything to look good on paper, so they come up with a bunch of marketing gimmicks.

Gaga's album is going to be released in 3 different ways. She was a bit screwed by not selling her new single separate from he pre-release order on iTunes. Nevertheless, people would kill to sell the amount she sold just last week.

Gaga did go and pull a 'Mariah Carey' last week, trying everything to get fans to download the song. That's just sad, but that is how the industry works. They need that #1 on paper. Gaga's album will be #1 no matter what she does. You don't want flop singles though.

Next week, it's officially Gaga's turn. She's going to be on every television show, she's releasing her music video for the first single on "Good Morning America," and then she's doing a huge performance at the VMAs. This was the original strategy, and it will pay off.

The industry has changed, especially with charting. Vevo/Youtube clicks are now tallied along with Spotify, and iTunes. This is why a song like "Gangham Style" can hit the top of the charts: Youtube views. One of Rihanna's last single went up nearly 70 spots overnight because of Youtube plays. There's one positive aspect to all this: music videos are more important than ever. MTV may be dead, but Vevo and Youtube has taken its place, and it's on-demand. You want views, you better make a damn good music video!

Now, about this Perez Hilton thing. Perez is a has-been, but has managed to get himself back in the headlines for slamming Gaga repeatedly. The guy is truly sick in the head, and now he has a kid, which is even more frightening. Billboard went after him for spreading falsehoods about how her album was being released. He runs a Tumblr account called "Paws Down Little Monsters." This is the same guy who called "Will.I.Am." a faggot, and then got punched in the face, and then cried about it on video like a child.

by Anonymousreply 10808/18/2013

Lady Gaga has plenty of time on her side. Just because the song didn't go to #1 instantly doesn't mean it flopped.

by Anonymousreply 10908/18/2013

Oh, I wanted to added something else: there is something good about the iTunes/Vevo/Youtube generation -- you don't have to rely on radio programming, a industry made up of people playing favoritism. It's in the consumers hands now, thus giving a better indication of what the public is actually listening to. The artist can also promote themselves without anyone's help.

We have to keep in mind though, that artists of years past didn't have what we have now. They had it more difficult to chart, so we shouldn't compare artists today with them in terms of success. Even Madonna had an advantage with the advent of the music video. It's like Babe Ruth breaking records, but the game was segregated. Things need to be put in perspective.

Have you noticed "Lyric videos"? That's another gimmick that gets clicks. Cher did it too.

by Anonymousreply 11008/18/2013

Since Gaga's album comes out November, there will be another single before then.

by Anonymousreply 11108/18/2013

Gaga's app sounds really amazing. It's a step further than Bjork's. Jay Z did an app album earlier this year. Gaga will be the third artist to do one. That's a really interesting concept. Gaga's is going to be a dj set, and you can share with a mass social network app. It has an entire art application too.

This things should always be an adjunct though. I hate artists that make the public do the work for them as a marketing gig. It's like when Janet Jackson had her fans design her album covers and crap. Bjork did something similar. Do your own homework, THEN let us fool around with it.

by Anonymousreply 11208/18/2013

[quote]Have you noticed "Lyric videos"?

This is where Katy Perry's team really excelled. The WhatsApp video is very smart.

by Anonymousreply 11308/18/2013

Applause is a fucking mess, terrible song by anyone's standards.

by Anonymousreply 11408/18/2013

I feel bad for the millenials. Older generations actually witnessed original greatness art their prime. Even the 80s had originality. I wished I grew up in the 70s because the musical talent was amazing and there were so many artists to choose from. Now we have derivivative hacks/brands that take something great from 20-30 years ago and "make it their own". (Robin Ticke hacking Marvin Gaye, Blurred Lines/Got to Give it Up) Also there are only 2-3 prominent singers at a time, there is no breadth or depth, many artists are signed by labels so they can tank their careers and stop them from competiting against the star du jour (Rihanna).

by Anonymousreply 11508/18/2013

GaGa simply needs to return to her roots...a meat dress. Didn't she look fab in that meat dress? What a talented lass.

by Anonymousreply 11608/18/2013

She is returning to her roots with a simple pop song, R116. Even in public she's not wearing so much crazy stuff. I am certain that the monsters are the ones who ruined her. Fucking idiot children. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have to suffer Katy Perry being the top pop star.

by Anonymousreply 11708/18/2013

r41 and I called it - GAGA former BFF in twitter war with Gaga - Perez Hilton has been tweeting some nasty things about Gaga. Guess he did not like being dropped as a friend. Apparently when she was in her wheel chair, perez texted a picture of Gaga in a wheel chair with the word KARMA across it and Madaonna pointing a gun at her...nice. I thought she was his

by Anonymousreply 11808/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 11908/18/2013

An amazing voice is not stopping her lead single from a highly anticipated album from flopping and being dragged by Katy Perry and Robin Thicke. Her career as a pop star is over. She'll probably find a small niche and work on that. It would be nice but there won't be any expensive nice music videos and large budget concerts.

by Anonymousreply 12008/18/2013

Lady Gaga is a very good singer and yet, she keep releasing crap like "Applause", which could be sung by anyone off the street.

I think she is too busy chasing the latest trend instead of creating something different. Madonna was unique in the way she kept reinventing herself over many years and that's something these new stars haven't successfully done yet.

by Anonymousreply 12108/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 12208/18/2013

Bump so people use this thread to discuss the flopping of Applause and Gaga instead of the other two threads. Thank you for your consideration.

by Anonymousreply 12308/18/2013

[quote]The industry has changed, especially with charting. Vevo/Youtube clicks are now tallied along with Spotify, and iTunes.

Can't youtube views be faked though? How on earth do they tally that? This will bring cheating to a whole new level, just as well Mariah isn't popular now.

I was interested to see that "streaming" counted toward the chart, the first thing I thought of when I saw streaming was youtube. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, it should be about the consumer and sales as you said. Radio was all payola anyway, so nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 12408/18/2013

Stephanie Germonatta needs to release an acoustic piano album. She needs to drop the Lady Gaga persona. The public knows about Lady Gaga but they don't know Stephanie Germonatta.

by Anonymousreply 12508/18/2013

Can any old song make it to Billboard then if there are enough streams?

by Anonymousreply 12608/18/2013

Not really a fan of either but I think it's interesting that Gaga's Applause can be laid over Madonna's Girl Gone Wild Track.

by Anonymousreply 12708/18/2013

[quote]Stephanie Germonatta needs to release an acoustic piano album. She needs to drop the Lady Gaga persona. The public knows about Lady Gaga but they don't know Stephanie Germonatta.

Like this...

by Anonymousreply 12808/18/2013

Total no-talent Katy Perry outsells Lady Gaga 2-to-1 in first week.

by Anonymousreply 12908/18/2013

Don't worry, OP. The song doesn't officially impact radio until tomorrow. Gaga will also be performing on GMA tomorrow and her video will be premiering there as well, which will likely boost the single back up to #1 on iTunes. She's also set to open the VMAs in the coming days.

by Anonymousreply 13008/18/2013

I'm liking the new song—more so with each listen.

by Anonymousreply 13108/18/2013

She is taking her disappointment out on Perez Hilton.

She tweeted that the day she had an accicent and was in a wheelchair, he sent her a photo with Madonna pointing a gun at her with the words "KARMA"

by Anonymousreply 13208/18/2013

Applause debuts at no. 5 in the UK. Apparently, it's not that much if a flop.

In other news, Perez Hilton was caught trying to stalk her in her apartment building and security escorted him out.

by Anonymousreply 13308/18/2013

Gaga is currently having a meltdown on Twitter over Perez and subsequently drawing in all of her rabid fans (threatening to kidnap Perez' son, threats to kill him for her, etc)

by Anonymousreply 13408/18/2013

Well, Perez went to her apartment and security forced him out. I think she's justified this one. Not the fans though, they're horrid.

by Anonymousreply 13508/18/2013

Good grief, she's STILL going on about Perez. I know she was tweeting about him a couple of days ago but apparently she posted this less than an hour ago today:

Stop shouting, Gags.

by Anonymousreply 13608/18/2013

It's funny that it's only too far when it happens to her. When her rabid fans are out there harassing other people, she sits there quietly and doesn't say a word.

And where's the link to reports that Perez tried to enter her apartment building?

by Anonymousreply 13708/18/2013

Paranoia caused by cocaine abuse?:

Look, I hate Perez like most of the known universe, however him renting an apartment in the same building as Gags does NOT equal stalking. She doesn't know what his intentions in renting are. Unless she thinks she can read is mine, which is possible if she's high.

by Anonymousreply 13808/18/2013

If one of her insane loons offs Perez then that's one thing the little monsters will be good for.

It's nothing new, Jacko loons threatened Jordy Chandler, some even went to his house.

by Anonymousreply 13908/18/2013

It almost sounds like she's become a little bit unhinged, kind of like Brittney Spears did a few years ago. Never thought she'd unravel this way.

by Anonymousreply 14008/18/2013

"Her singing voice and piano skills are amazing."

Actually, no. They're really just okay. Her musicianship is certainly "amazing" compared to Alicia Keys, but her biggest problem is a fanbase that alienates potential listeners by building her up into the second coming of Mozart instead of a reasonably competent pop singer making likable, disposable pop music.

by Anonymousreply 14108/18/2013

How long until Gags makes a porno?

by Anonymousreply 14208/18/2013

[quote]It almost sounds like she's become a little bit unhinged, kind of like Brittney Spears did a few years ago. Never thought she'd unravel this way.

You have a good point there. Figures. She can't come up with anything original so she just goes through Pop History 101 and recycles.

by Anonymousreply 14308/18/2013

R139, nobody went to Jordan Chandler's house, don't make stuff up.

R141 makes a great point

by Anonymousreply 14408/18/2013

[quote] nobody went to Jordan Chandler's house

Miss Michael Jackson did, you silly doo-doo apple head!

Drink the Jesus Juice, Shelby!

by Anonymousreply 14508/18/2013

[quote]Lady Gaga is the number one female artist on the planet. Perez who??

Really? That's funny because I couldn't find her on any list which ranks top selling artists.

In fact, according to this, the top female artist starts with an M.

R146 where are you getting your data from?

by Anonymousreply 14708/18/2013

Madonna acknowledging Pigez was one of the worst things she did. Gaga being bffs with him was even more clueless.

by Anonymousreply 14808/18/2013

Not trying to stick up for Perez but I did find it odd that she automatically jumped to the conclusion she was being stalked. I mean it is an apartment building, maybe he went to visit someone else?

by Anonymousreply 14908/18/2013

is anyone sure this isn't a scam cooked up by both of them?

by Anonymousreply 15008/18/2013

She's a drama queen and trying anything she can to deflect from her poor singles sales and reception.

by Anonymousreply 15108/18/2013

Perez and Gaga have history.

He pretty much thinks he "made" her.

When she got much bigger than him (which became increasingly easy), she didn't need him anymore. So she wasn't as available.

He got angry. They had a nasty falling out.

Madonna, ever the opportunist, saw an opening and suddenly became available to Perez.

Unfortunately for Madonna, Perez was no longer as influential as when he had helped Gaga, so Madonna did not get any boast to her sagging career.

Perez no longer had much of any influence so Gaga can only blame this flop on herself.

by Anonymousreply 15208/18/2013

I always secretly thought that Perez was actually straight. I wouldn't be surprised if he and Gaga had dated, it went sour, and now he's stalking her.

by Anonymousreply 15308/18/2013

And where is the proof that he was escorted out of the building by security? I haven't seen a reliable source actually say that he was.

She keeps saying stuff like people will only get it when she's shot in the head and killed.

My guess is that it's some elaborate attention whoring scheme that she'll label as "art."

She'll make the "Lady Gaga Persona" be "killed" on stage at the VMAs and there will be some sort of "rebirth" after and she'll revert back to her "real" identity.

In other words, she knows she's played out the Lady Gaga angle and even she's sick of her "monsters."

by Anonymousreply 15408/18/2013

[quote]I always secretly thought that Perez was actually straight

Honey, you should have kept that one a secret.

by Anonymousreply 15508/18/2013

Why not add they're both space aliens too, r153? It wouldn't be any less plausible.

by Anonymousreply 15608/18/2013

I think Gaga and her team bought into their own hype. This was around the time she showed up to the Grammys in a huge, novelty egg. Hyping up Born This Way as the "album of our generation!" Instead of letting the music speak for itself. That's why Adele crushed her in 2011/ gimmicks. And I actually love the BTW album minus the title track and Edge of Glory.

by Anonymousreply 15708/18/2013

Perez had zero influence on Gaga becoming famous. He has pushed people before her and after her (smiley anyone? or his boy band he put together that died on the vine?) - He gave her attention early in her career and she hit it big which Perez parlayed into "look what I did for you." Gaga was nice enough to maintain a friendship, enduring the "wifey" comments and even appearing on his crappy TV show for an at home interview. She realized he was just a needly klingon so when his demands for attention kept coming she weened off him and he got mad. He insisted he made her, and she replied "well no, I made me, you got more famous because of your access to me." And the war started.

by Anonymousreply 15908/18/2013

I actually like some of Gaga's music but I can't stomach her antics.

by Anonymousreply 16008/18/2013

We love lady Gaga and we would love if she came to perform in our country wearing that meat dress.

by Anonymousreply 16108/18/2013

I like Gaga more often than not but she's VERY insecure. 1 example is she HATES on Fashion Police when they make fun of her and said something like "they treat us like circus animals instead of humans". Gaga needs to lighten up.

by Anonymousreply 16208/18/2013

It just keeps getting worse for Gags and her cult of Little Monsters.

Music video director Joseph Kahn posted the following on his Twitter yesterday after being barraged with racist, homophobic and violent tweets from Little Monsters (simply because he praised Katy Perry's Roar):

"I am over Gaga's fan base behavior. Race insults, death threats, homophobic slurs. I've never seen such awfulness on behalf of any singer."

You can see the horrible things the Little Ghouls tweeted to Kahn at the link:

by Anonymousreply 16308/18/2013

I thought those tweets would be from 13 year old girls. I thought her male fanbase was mostly gay, truly shocked that the worse tweets were from men.

by Anonymousreply 16408/18/2013

I also am surprised about Perez and Gaga fueding. He really promoted the hell out of her, and was definitely responsible for getting her tracks to be popular. It seems very ungrateful for her not be thankful to him, especially since we know it is not like he is trying to get in her pants.

by Anonymousreply 16508/18/2013

Hey Gaga...

Your career will thank you for it.

by Anonymousreply 16608/18/2013

Perez has been shading and digging into her all week, I'm happy she finally fired back.

by Anonymousreply 16708/18/2013

The monsters are known for those antics at R163. They're probably the most hated fans. They're a bunch of misfits who have no problem using offensive slurs in the name of Lady Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 16808/18/2013

You know someone is a sad social outcast loser if their self esteem and sense of self worth is tied to chart position, sales, you tube views, twitter followers, ticket sales and titles such as "Queen of Pop" for their favorite pop stars. Though annoying as well, I prefer fans of indie artists who get upset when their favorite indie act scores a hit.

by Anonymousreply 16908/18/2013

Yeah, but she's the one that looks crazy. Not him.

Both of the are worthless and I really wouldn't be surprised if the two of them concocted this whole thing for publicity together.

It's interesting that he hasn't said a word of it on his own site.

Someone else in a different forum commented that it seemed fishy because out of the thousands of tweets Gaga must get a day, she happens to read the one from someone claiming Perez is in her building? I can see their point.

by Anonymousreply 17008/18/2013

I think he's Cuban.

by Anonymousreply 17208/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 17308/18/2013

I don't know how I feel about the Gaga/Perez feud. On the one hand, I think Perez is a repulsive, opportunistic, infinitely shady, fame whore, who trolls Grindr for bareback sex on regular basis. On the other hand, Lady Gaga is a pretentious cunt who self aggrandizes her minimal talent and who leads a fan base of mentally unstable losers with IQ's less than 50 (in other words, people not unlike Perez himself).

I know. Fuck them both.

by Anonymousreply 17408/18/2013

Serious question here.

Has Gaga ever told her little monsters to stop? With all their bullying, taunting, and hate speech towards others, has Gaga actually ever addressed it and said to them, "Look guys, this is not cool This goes against everything I've ever stood for and preached to you all?"

Or has she just literally sat back and enjoyed every minute of it until it gets turned on her?

by Anonymousreply 17508/18/2013

R175 - Sharon Osbourne accused Gaga of getting her team to attack other pop acts like Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Katy Perry, etc. I think Kelly Osbourne wrote a public letter to Gaga asking her to get her fans under control. I think Gaga and White Shadow are FBs and White Shadow will occasionally attack someone on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 17608/18/2013

I enjoy most of Gaga's music, but I can't stand to listen to her be interviewed, or read her interviews. She tries SO hard to be meaningful and deep, and it reeks of insecurity and desperation. Which oddly enough is coinciding with Madonna - who, as she gets older, seems to act more and more pathetic trying to hold onto her reputation of being edgy, and she just isn't anymore.

they both have desperation in common.

by Anonymousreply 17708/18/2013

Gaga just tweeted and told her fans to stop sending anything negative and that she could fight her own battles.

by Anonymousreply 17808/18/2013

Nope, R175. It's only a problem for her when she's on the receiving end.

by Anonymousreply 17908/18/2013

Too little, too late, r178, this has been going on for years without a peep from her,

by Anonymousreply 18008/18/2013

[quote]Sharon Osbourne accused Gaga of getting her team to attack other pop acts

The only worthless fame whore worse than Perez Hilton, other than any Kardashian, is fucking Sharon Osbourne.

I hate that fucking cunt.

And while I think Gaga has talent, she is a stupid stunt queen to pull this twitter nonsense because she's freaking out about having a flop.

by Anonymousreply 18108/18/2013

Fuck these tired whores: Gaga, Perry,Rihanna et al...BONNIE MCKEE is the newest,freshest,fiercest bitch on the market and she has THE summer banger of 2013.

And she WROTE most of cunty Katy's biggest smashes as well as a host of others so she has the curriculum vitae to back up the bangin' ass.

Watch the skies for this one.

by Anonymousreply 18208/18/2013

Lets be honest does anyone actually give a shit about Perez Hilton anymore? I forgot he existed until this twitter war thing. I get all my info from dlisted.

by Anonymousreply 18308/18/2013

[quote]does anyone actually give a shit about Perez Hilton anymore?

Apparently Gaga does.

They both seem like ridiculous, bitchy, 7th grade girls.

by Anonymousreply 18408/18/2013

At this point, Lady GaGa to me, seems to have turned into a character from a John Water's film..........any real talent is so obscured by the crazy character she has become...and I don't feel sorry for her because she has created this mess will be interesting to watch this one play out this year......she was able to grab the world's attention and make people take a look a few years back but it seems like people didn't like what they saw and have moved on.......she will be successful in relative terms but will unlikely ever be what she was when the MONSTER BALL/FAME MONSTER machine was in full swing......

by Anonymousreply 18508/18/2013

Another independent eye on the collapse. Says she is rushing out another single to minimize PR damage.

by Anonymousreply 18608/18/2013

R175, she does try to call off her Little Monsters but she's very selective and hypocritical in doing so. Just recently she tweeted about Perez texting her vile and graphic manips but then turned around and said 'oh don't worry little monsters, Perez threatened me but I can handle myself'. She's just inciting drama at this point.

by Anonymousreply 18708/18/2013

Check out the funny animated GIF in this review!

by Anonymousreply 18808/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 18908/19/2013

Well, at least Gaga still has her looks.

by Anonymousreply 19008/19/2013

The throngs of fans were going wild for her inside and outside of the GMA studios in NYC this morning. I love her homage to Janet in the new video...

by Anonymousreply 19108/19/2013

Fat people always stick together.

by Anonymousreply 19208/19/2013

[quote]Fat people always stick together.

So, I take it you and Delta Burke are thick as thieves?

by Anonymousreply 19308/19/2013

God forbid the Queen of England scratches her tit. Demented JANBOT at R191 needs to proclaim it as an homage to Janet Fucking Jackson. You are beyond pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 19408/19/2013

I'm LOLing at how the MANdonna loon at R194 has her panties bunched up in her diseased crack because Gaga paid homage to Queen Janet in her new video. She's done it before, sweetie. And it probably won't be the last time. Now get back to scrubbing those floors, bitch. You are the very DEFINITION of a...

by Anonymousreply 19508/19/2013

R193= a gloomy fat person. Go eat your entire body weight worth of feelings and become the jolly roly-poly you've always dreamed of being.

by Anonymousreply 19608/19/2013

That was a lame retort, R196. I expected better from you. Wait, on second I didn't.

by Anonymousreply 19708/19/2013

R195, what decade are you living in?

Who says "LOLing"? Who still makes "panties in a bunch" remarks? Are you in a gay nursing home?

by Anonymousreply 19808/19/2013

R196 must be the Janbot who always comes here and makes a fool out of herself with her multi-decade old phrases and such.

by Anonymousreply 19908/19/2013

R197, if you can find someone on DL to fight with for just 30 minutes a day 5 days a week you too could be thin someday,my dear.

by Anonymousreply 20008/19/2013

[quote]R196 must be the Janbot...

No, my dear. I am R191, R195, etc., etc.

[quote]who always comes here and makes a fool out of herself

I think you've got that base covered.

by Anonymousreply 20108/19/2013

R200 is so zaftig that I can smell her.

by Anonymousreply 20208/19/2013

HaHaHaHaHa @200! I am over the moon with laughter! I am ....LOL'ing!

by Anonymousreply 20308/19/2013

Here's the thing, Gaga's only fanbase is her Monsters, and they are fast becoming a liability for her, alienating the rest of what's left of her normal fans. Eventually (as is already happening) even her monsters will out grow her, except for the mentally ill ones who will continue to post on DL how Gaga is the Meryl Streep of pop music.

by Anonymousreply 20408/21/2013

You're all fucking insane.

I like Madonna. I like Gaga. I buy both of their albums. I could not give a lesser shit who is more anything than the other.

by Anonymousreply 20508/21/2013

[quote]she does try to call off her Little Monsters but she's very selective and hypocritical in doing so. Just recently she tweeted about Perez texting her vile and graphic manips but then turned around and said 'oh don't worry little monsters, Perez threatened me but I can handle myself'. She's just inciting drama at this point.

Too little too late. She let this stuff go on and on for years thinking it was raising her to the status she wanted. She thought having all these little "minions" out there promoting her by attacking everyone else was going to put her at the top.

Nope, it's backfiring now that more and more people are getting fed up with it and calling her out on her fans threatening to kill them and kidnap their children. (I mean, what kind of person does that?)

The head of Billboard also just called her and her fans out for trying to cheat the system and then for sending him death threats.

by Anonymousreply 20608/21/2013

Gaga and Perez schemed to destroy Christina Aguilera during the "Bionic" era. This is karma.

by Anonymousreply 20708/21/2013

How did they do that, R207?

by Anonymousreply 20808/21/2013

[quote]Gaga and Perez schemed to destroy Christina Aguilera during the "Bionic" era. This is karma.

No, the karma was when BIONIC flopped. X-Tina was blatantly nasty and shady towards Lady Gaga when Gaga first hit the scene.

by Anonymousreply 20908/21/2013

Gaga was over the minute the hetero-supremacists realized she was a performer with a very gay affinity,gay brand message and gay fan base.

by Anonymousreply 21008/22/2013

It's true, R210 hit the nail. GaGa's fan base is nearly 100% gay, and her fraction of the entire gay population is not very big.

by Anonymousreply 21108/22/2013

"Gaga was over the minute the hetero-supremacists realized she was a performer with a very gay affinity,gay brand message and gay fan base."

And that's just happening now? Does your vast victimization complex know any bounds?

by Anonymousreply 21208/22/2013

R 212.

I don't know if you're straight or not but you can drop the whole bullshit "victimization" narrative you're trying to establish because bitch I'm telling you the truth.

I have no intention of playing victim for anyone....somebody comes at me for being queer and I'll kick their fucking teeth in.

by Anonymousreply 21308/22/2013

It looks like Gags and Katy P have something planned for the VMAs. They are sitting side by side!

by Anonymousreply 21408/23/2013

Lady Gaga's collapse is complete...She'll NEVER be Queen of Pop!

by Anonymousreply 21608/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!