Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Thermostat mysteries. It's warm in the house even though it's cool outside.

My partner and I have this argument all the time.

We normally keep the thermostat at 73º over night.

Tonight It's 68º outside so the windows are open. Yet the thermostat currently reads 78º and it still feels warm [italic] inside [/italic] the house.

When I say, "It feels warm- let's turn on the air to sleep", my partner snaps at me,[italic] "It is 60º outside!" [/italic]

Ok yeah, but no. It is 65º, actually. The point is moot, however, because we have no cross breeze and it is still warm [italic]inside[/italic]. The thermostat is still reading 78º. I can see it from here. But that doesn't matter, apparently, because [italic]outside [/italic] it is nice.

So why don't we have the air on?

by Anonymousreply 2508/18/2013

Y'all need to buy one of these, OP.

Air King makes a good and powerful one. Put in any window and raise the windows in your bedroom.

I have one and I use it extensively in the spring and fall. It is heaven sleeping with the windows open with no air conditioning and the cool breeze flowing through the house.

by Anonymousreply 108/17/2013

Turn on the FAN option.

Kevin Spacey will come and wave a fan at you while he ties up your husband and molests him.

Turn off A/C and move it to FAN only. It will move the hot inside air outside.

by Anonymousreply 208/17/2013

Yes, I find that watching the music video for "Pop Musik" instantly makes it cooler inside.

by Anonymousreply 308/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 408/17/2013

If he doesn't want the A/C on, at east turn on the fan, maybe it will bring the cool air in.

If it's humid, turn on the air for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 608/17/2013

Your building has retained heat from previous hot days. Your bodies create heat.

Leaving the window open will not lower the temperature by much more than a degree or two by morning.

by Anonymousreply 708/17/2013

You're in Georgia or Florida aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 808/17/2013

If you have an attic, I'd recommend an attic fan on a thermostat. Since putting one in, we've found our house gets cooler much more quickly in the evening.

by Anonymousreply 908/17/2013

OP - so turn the A/C on. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 1008/17/2013

To start with, ditch that thin-blooded fool. It's impossible to sleep in a hot room.

by Anonymousreply 1108/17/2013

Last time I had my AC worked on, the tech (who provided jerk-off material for weeks) told me not to run it when it dropped below 70 outside. Bad for the motor or something. I tuned out early in the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 1208/17/2013

Fuck him. Turn the AC on.

by Anonymousreply 1308/17/2013

You have really strong insulation.

by Anonymousreply 1408/17/2013

Camp in the backyard, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1508/17/2013

The heat's coming from *inside* the house!

by Anonymousreply 1608/17/2013

Put at least one fan in a window to circulate the air better when you open the windows at night. You'd love the white fan noise and cool breeze in your bedroom, perfect sleeping conditions.

by Anonymousreply 1708/17/2013

Use one of these when it's cooler outside than it is inside.

Why pay $$ to cool your bedroom with air conditioning when a window fan will do the same job at 1/10th the cost?

by Anonymousreply 1808/17/2013

Bought 2 cheap window fans at KMart. They work wonders.

by Anonymousreply 1908/17/2013

Lowes tells you how to do it in the video linked.

I recommend installing your fan in a unused room's window the farthest from your sleeping chamber.

by Anonymousreply 2008/17/2013

Slept with my windows open last night due to the freak August cold front we've been enjoying for the past few days.

I used my window fan to pull in the cool night time air.

Slept great.

by Anonymousreply 2108/18/2013

Greenhouse effect. Heat can get in through the window but can't get out. Just like global warming.

by Anonymousreply 2208/18/2013

It got to a balmy 88 degrees last night

by Anonymousreply 2308/18/2013

Paging Jessica Fletcher. She'll track down the issue. My theory; the heat from all those decomposing bodies in the basement are raising the temp.

by Anonymousreply 2408/18/2013

Here, OP, read this:

by Anonymousreply 2508/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!