Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jennifer Lawrence has people who writes her jokes for her

It was from the industry secrets thread. I knew she was a phony. If this was right, it goes to prove that the girl-next-door, the angelic down-to-earth girl is nothing more than a fake swindler.

by Anonymousreply 5503/22/2014

Wow, really, OP, you mean such witty bon mots like "God, I could really eat some cheesy fries right now" and "I lie around in my sweatpants all day" and "I just brain-farted"? Bet they needed to have a real brain trust to come up with those.

Part of her "aw shucks" appeal is to spew out stuff any vapid teenage girl her age would say. The self-deprecating "down-to-earth" image is all orchestrated and carefully managed PR, sure, but I think it's a bit silly to claim she needs a professional joke writer to say shit that could come out of any teen's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 108/16/2013

Give it a REST, Op.

by Anonymousreply 208/16/2013

A friend worked closely with her on Winter's Bone.

What you see is what you get.

by Anonymousreply 308/16/2013

If I had a joke writer, I'd win the Oscar too. I'd probably win SEVEN of them.

by Anonymousreply 408/16/2013

Did she ever admit how she had wanted to do a film with Heath Ledger?

by Anonymousreply 508/17/2013

R4 isn't me, guys.

by Anonymousreply 608/17/2013

Anthony Recker has a better ass than Jennifer Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 708/17/2013

R7 - Maybe but Jennifer Lawrence has an ass to fight wars over.

by Anonymousreply 808/17/2013

R8, that OP wasn't written by me.

by Anonymousreply 908/17/2013

Sure, an ordinary, good-natured, unambitious, regular girl can claw her way to the top of the Hollywood heap without losing any of her youthful innocence. That's the way it works, right?

Of course it isn't!

Look, nobody has a career like hers unless they're ambitious, driven, and able to manipulate the media like a master. I don't know what she's really like, but she can't be the girl-next-door the fans think she is.

by Anonymousreply 1008/17/2013

OP, her banter with Jack Nicholson after the Oscars, while being interviewed on live tv by George Stephanopoulos was spontaneous and delightful.

So you are mistaken, once again.

by Anonymousreply 1108/17/2013

She's the Anti-Christ. God only knows how many Christian babies she's violently sacrificed on the altar of her fame.

by Anonymousreply 1208/17/2013

Go away, Lindsay. No matter how much you bash JLaw, you're still over.

by Anonymousreply 1308/17/2013

R10 is right.

by Anonymousreply 1408/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 1508/17/2013

I was watching the Oscars, and I saw Jennifer Lawrence [fall] on the steps, and I thought: That was the perfect acceptance speech. How do you avoid the envy and appearing arrogant? How do you say the perfect thing, now that you're not an underdog anymore? I don't think she did it on purpose, but you see that and see how she behaves, and you're like, it could not go any better than that. If I was writing an acceptance speech, I would have it start with someone falling off the steps.

- quote by Mad Men creator, Matt Weiner

It wouldn't surprise me if she has some of her jokes written. But they do that for a lot of actors. Shes at least good at her delivery and is a decent enough actress to make it believable. Some on the other hand are not. Case in point Kellan Lutz. Theres an interview he did on Conan where it was sooo obvious someone had written his schtick. And all these talk show hosts know (Letterman is the most willing to play ball with you and follow your script), Conan went along with it for awhile but Lutz being the putz he is kept failing to land his jokes and Conan eventually made Lutz the joke.

by Anonymousreply 1608/17/2013

She also has had a nose jon and a boob job.

by Anonymousreply 1708/17/2013

If I were a starlet, I would definitely have someone write a few jokes I could toss off in a variety of situations. I see nothing wrong with this, if it's true. Because, when Jennifer Lawrence is being candid, she seems extremely likeable.

I believe she is genuine because I can compare her to other actors and see where their apparent friendliness and kindness is all fake.

Julia Roberts tries to be girl next door, down to earth. She's not. It's obvious. Ann Hathaway. Gweneth Paltrow. Jennifer Lopez. All actresses who are trying too hard.

Nice, genuine people (or so it seems): Kathy bates, Meryl Streep, Sandra bullock, Jennifer Lawrence. Get it, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1808/17/2013

What's with people taking anonymous posts on the internet and trying to pass them off as facts? The same thing with that closeted Reddit actor thread. It's probably the same troll.

by Anonymousreply 1908/17/2013

The OP at r9 wasn't me.

by Anonymousreply 2008/17/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2108/17/2013

The OP at R20 wasn't me.

by Anonymousreply 2208/17/2013

Wait, STOP IT! The OP at R22 wasn't me.

by Anonymousreply 2308/17/2013

R10 is too right.

by Anonymousreply 2408/17/2013

R7, why are you comparing Recker's ass to Lawrence's if they are different sexes?

by Anonymousreply 2508/17/2013

The OP at OP wasn't me! One of Jennifer Lawrence's writers wrote that post!

by Anonymousreply 2608/17/2013

Alright, OP...I believe you. But, this is what happens when you start a thread dissing Jennifer Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 2708/17/2013

OP, first of all, Lawrence is an actress, not a comedienne.

Secondly, this may come as a huge surprise for you, but even comics, Leno, O'Brian, Letterman, Carson, Seinfeld - have/had teams writing jokes for them.

So, why don't you go back to the drawing board and come up with more brilliant accusations to throw out at a talented young actress seeing as you have nothing more interesting to do.

by Anonymousreply 2808/17/2013

The OP at R23 isn't me either, assholes.

by Anonymousreply 2908/17/2013

"What's with people taking anonymous posts on the internet and trying to pass them off as facts?"

I know! The 'tards who post Entertainment Lawyer blind items do the same thing.

I just don't get the hatred of Jennifer Lawrence on this board. It's not like she's a violent bigot like Chris Brown or Mel Gibson.

by Anonymousreply 3008/17/2013

R30 Jennifer is violent. She fingered my ass a couple of times because she enjoys giving pain. Fucking bitch, i'll tell the press one day about her kinky side.

by Anonymousreply 3108/17/2013

R28 is correct. Watch "Get Bruce!" - the Bruce Villanche documentary, all about how he writes jokes for virtually everyone.

by Anonymousreply 3208/17/2013

I am the original OP.

by Anonymousreply 3308/17/2013

Much of the "hate" is aimed at the morons who can't stop posting threads about Jennifer Lawrence. It's not the actress who is the bother, it's the six morons who won't stop posting about her, pro or con.

by Anonymousreply 3408/17/2013

The Ron Howard at r33 is NOT me.

by Anonymousreply 3508/17/2013

I am no longer certain of who I am anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3608/17/2013

i am a seagull!

by Anonymousreply 3708/17/2013

Can anyone answer for me why comics like r28 mentioned don't write their own material? They are comics who do/did stand up right?

by Anonymousreply 3808/17/2013

[quote]Can anyone answer for me why comics like R28 mentioned don't write their own material? They are comics who do/did stand up right?

They can afford to have someone else do the work.

If someone's house needs to be painted, the home owner can paint it. When they can afford to have someone else do the work, that's what happens.

Why do the work when you have the money to pay someone to work for you?

by Anonymousreply 3908/17/2013

It's also a time issue. Late show hosts have to have hours and hours of original material every year that will only be performed once. Regular stand-ups have one hour-long set that they hone over dozens if not hundreds of performances.

by Anonymousreply 4008/17/2013

"I know! The 'tards who post Entertainment Lawyer blind items do the same thing."

by Anonymousreply 4108/17/2013

Even I'm impressed by the tenacity of the Jennifer Lawrence troll.

by Anonymousreply 4208/17/2013

Jennifer's cheek implants make me go yuck that and the fake nose and fake tits oh yeh shes just a regular girl.

by Anonymousreply 4308/17/2013

I love you, R33.

by Anonymousreply 4408/17/2013

She did not have a boob job.

by Anonymousreply 4508/17/2013

I dread to think what it'll be like here in a couple of months when Hunger Games fever kicks in.

by Anonymousreply 4608/17/2013

Is the Jennifer Lawrence troll some obsessed lesbian?

I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 4708/17/2013

Jennifer Lawrence is eating a meatball sandwich right out in class and she's been passing notes!

by Anonymousreply 4808/17/2013

Good R48, she's been looking a little skinny.

by Anonymousreply 4908/17/2013

I prefer Jennifer Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 5003/22/2014

Are you saying an ACTRESS has a crafted persona for her public appearances?

What's next? Charlie Sheen on drugs?

A truly great actress, which she is, loses her personality for real, to prevent it from getting in the way of being what the audience wants her to be. What she has is no personality, not a fake one, and that's the pinnacle of acting.

If you want to talk to real people, go to the mall.

An astute audience should be able to see through to the real person anyway, as it is still on display, even if it's attempting to cloak itself.

by Anonymousreply 5103/22/2014

[quote]A truly great actress, which she is

Meryl Streep is a truly great actress. Lawrence isn't.

by Anonymousreply 5203/22/2014

I really don't like 'J Law'.

by Anonymousreply 5303/22/2014

Pay no attention to the little girl behind the curtain. It's attempting to cloak itself, and is dangerous if provoked!

by Anonymousreply 5403/22/2014

And whom write headline for OP?

by Anonymousreply 5503/22/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!