Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

LEAKED AUDIO: Texas GOP councilwoman and her staff caught comparing homosexuality to incest, pedophilia

A secret recording was leaked to the press this Thursday revealing a conversation between a San Antonio Texas GOP councilwoman and her staff — in which the discussion deteriorated into a chorus of harsh anti-gay rhetoric. James Stevens, who is an aide to San Antonio District 9 Council Woman Elisa Chan, leaked the audio to the San Antonio Express-News, which he secretly recorded during a May 21 meeting in Chan’s office to discuss an approaching non-discrimination ordinance. However, the nearly 16-minute audio reveals a discussion where staffers compare homosexuality to incest and pedophilia, with Chan stating her opinion that gays are “disgusting to even think about.” In addition to her revulsion towards the LGBT community, Chan can be heard saying that she believes being gay is a choice and that gay people should not adopt children. “My decision to record in the first place was that, during staff meetings, we weren’t really discussing the ordinance itself,” Stevens said to the San Antonio Express. “We were really just talking about ways to appeal to the [voting] base and to get them fired up as opposed to analyzing the ordinance.” “[Chan] is only focused on her political future,” Stevens continued. “She’s not focused on the policy itself and how it’s really going to affect the city. We spent 80 percent of the meeting talking about how disgusting homosexuality is.” At the outset of the recording, an unidentified staffer drives the conversation, lamenting liberal and “pro-gay folks” for legitimizing homosexual behavior. “Anything goes,” the staffer says. “No morals and values. And pretty soon what’s going to happen, you know, like a lot of liberals and, like, the pro-gay folks, they say ‘as long as it’s between two consenting adults’ — you know, that’s pretty wide. That can go for incest — let’s say it’s an adult, an adult man and his adult daughter, okay, they’re consenting adults, you know, brother and sister, as long as they’re over 18, they’re consenting adults.” “It’s against the law,” another staffer only identified as “Jackie” interrupts, referring to the incest reference. “Yeah, and homosexual relationships used to be against the law, Jackie,” the staffer replies. Later on in the audio, Chan can be heard slamming gay adoption. “I don’t think homosexual people should do adoption,” she says. “They should be banned by adoption. You’re gonna confuse those kids. They should be banned. If you wanted to choose that lifestyle, we don’t want to discriminate you, but it shouldn’t affect the young people. How terrible that we actually allow them to adopt?”

by Anonymousreply 1208/17/2013

"They should be banned by adoption."

Who taught this cunt English? She should be banned by planet earth.

Good for the aide for leaking this. Did he finally get fed up with his moronic boss, or was it more personal? He should have leaked the staffers' names too.

by Anonymousreply 108/16/2013

Breaking: Texas Republican is homophobe! Shocked nation reels. Stunned Obama to address nation tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 208/16/2013

I bet this homophobic twat voted for Miss Rick Perry.

by Anonymousreply 308/16/2013

The whole of Texas and nearby states should be sold back to Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 408/16/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 508/17/2013

Since all men are brothers, this is obviously true.

by Anonymousreply 608/17/2013

Who is the loud mouth guy at the beginning of the tape? Is that Jeff Bazan? Read down past the article, someone pasted text from Councilman Ron Nirenberg.

"The tape recording made of Councilwoman Elisa Chan's staff meeting revealed some very ignorant and disturbing comments, some of them made by Jeff Bazan, who has since become a member of my staff. I have spoken with Jeff, and he has apologized for those statements, which he says do not reflect his personal feelings. I believe him to be sincere."

How can councilman Ron Nirenberg believe someone who is apologizing when caught after hearing what he says behind closed doors? Fire his fucking ass. This is so lame.

by Anonymousreply 708/17/2013

https://www.facebook.com/pages/City-Councilwoman-Elisa-Chan-District-9/168229566527908

by Anonymousreply 808/17/2013

Email for Councilman Ron Nirenberg

district8@sanantonio.gov

This is what I sent:

Dear Councilman Ron Nirenberg,

I am really offended by your statement:

“The tape recording made of Councilwoman Elisa Chan's staff meeting revealed some very ignorant and disturbing comments, some of them made by Jeff Bazan, who has since become a member of my staff. I have spoken with Jeff, and he has apologized for those statements, which he says do not reflect his personal feelings. I believe him to be sincere.”

Do you really expect us to believe the remarks made behind closed doors do not reflect Jeff's personal feelings? This statement is almost as offensive as the homophobic remarks made during the meeting.

by Anonymousreply 908/17/2013

With San Antonio District 9 Council Woman Elisa Chan going on a rant about incest we have to wonder if this is akin to the people like Ted Haggard, Bishop Eddie Long, and George Reckers, gay people who preached against gays. Somebody needs to take a closer look at Elisa Chan.

by Anonymousreply 1008/17/2013

[quote]"The tape recording made of Councilwoman Elisa Chan's staff meeting revealed some very ignorant and disturbing comments, some of them made by Jeff Bazan, who has since become a member of my staff. I have spoken with Jeff, and he has apologized for those statements, which he says do not reflect his personal feelings. I believe him to be sincere."

What bullshit. He's an ignorant bigot. Listen to the tape. He makes stuff up that might be somewhat laughable if it were not so hateful and hurtful. Glad that the bastard has been exposed.

I loathe Rethuglicans.

by Anonymousreply 1108/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.