Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Hillary"'s collapse is complete!

NBC cried uncle on controversial miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 3608/17/2013

Maybe a cable channel will pick it up. This happened exactly 10 years ago with the Reagan miniseries starring James Brolin and Judy Davis. Republicans raised a shitfit, and CBS dropped it so it was picked up by Showtime.

by Anonymousreply 108/16/2013

Yeah!

by Anonymousreply 208/16/2013

ooops never mind.

by Anonymousreply 308/16/2013

Rethugs get whatever they want from the "liberal" media. Fuck Andrea Mitchell and Chuck Todd.

by Anonymousreply 408/16/2013

I had a mini-series and a running character on SNL and both the actresses won Emmys!

by Anonymousreply 508/16/2013

Trust me, this is good news for the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 608/16/2013

NBC will be a big Lohmans by 2016.

by Anonymousreply 708/16/2013

Isn't it pretty telling the RNC is so freaked out? Hilary hasn't even announced yet or anything. They scared.

by Anonymousreply 808/16/2013

Why was it ever an idea in the first place? They knew she was considering running.

They can make it later once she wins and the Republipoopies are licking their wounds.

by Anonymousreply 908/16/2013

Patty was better in the role of Patty than Natasha Richardson was....I always thought Richardson was great then I heard Patty herself read the letters herself. She really brought a lot to them.

I see why John Waters cast her!!

by Anonymousreply 1008/16/2013

Any miniseries on network television is a bad idea. The miniseries is now the province of cable (westerns and Bible stories on basic cable, prestige projects loaded with Oscar winners on HBO).

Plus, I doubt even avowed Hillary supporters (and I count myself as one of them) had much interest in the project. After "Primary Colors," "The Special Relationship," "Political Animals" and assorted other fictionalized takes on Hillary, does anyone need another look into her life, especially since we know she'll dominate the news when she starts running in 2015?

Lack of interest, not RNC bitching, is probably what doomed the project.

by Anonymousreply 1108/16/2013

Wrong thread!^^^^

by Anonymousreply 1208/16/2013

CNN will back down next, they're all terrified of teabaggers.

by Anonymousreply 1308/16/2013

It is stunning how uneducated people are about the entertainment business. NBC only announced that they were developing this miniseries. There was no script. No director. No production company. No airdate. It was something that had thrown into the development process.

The RNC and the media made it sound like it was going into production next month. So NBC didn't cave on anything. They are just stating the same facts as they did before. It's a project in development. Some of those get made. Some don't.

by Anonymousreply 1508/17/2013

yeah r15 ....but this one seems to have folded to pressure

by Anonymousreply 1608/17/2013

Hillary didn't want this, and I wasn't crazy about the idea either. They can save their Clintons miniseries until after she leaves office.

by Anonymousreply 1708/17/2013

We won't though, r14. I'm pinning my hopes on her being more liberal than she seems, just like he was less liberal than he seemed.

by Anonymousreply 1808/17/2013

[quote]HRC is a neoliberal sellout, just like Obama. We can do better. We have to do better.

Oh, shut up, Nader. We had enough of your shit. No president is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 1908/17/2013

Good. The Clinton thing was a really poorly planned idea even on paper. As long as it doesn't wind up on some shit network with Lilo. Would that surprise you?

by Anonymousreply 2008/17/2013

No doubt, Hillary prefers that this project just goes away.

by Anonymousreply 2108/17/2013

Smooth move, Reince. I wouldn't want anyone in America to see these Ted Cruz - Rick Perry wackfests either.

by Anonymousreply 2208/17/2013

Does anyone not see this is the PERFECT piece of orchestrated PR on the part of Team Hillary?

Why WOULD they want a documentary or mini-series made that would be sure to highlight the failure of her marriage and her failure to get Health Care passed? I have an idea! Let's create a faux controversy about the making of a propaganda piece! We'll have both the liberal AND the far right come out against the idea -- and in the end, NO ONE will make it.

WIN-WIN.

by Anonymousreply 2308/17/2013

I agree with R23. It was a trial balloon.

by Anonymousreply 2408/17/2013

R16, they didn't announce that the project was over - just that it wasn't about to get made. I'm sure their news division is flipping out about it but I don't think that would prevent NBC from going forward. The RNC is ridiculous and the statement was meant to remind people of their overreaction.

by Anonymousreply 2508/17/2013

Donna Brazile, her last campaign manager, said Hillary will be coronated (which my spell check reprints as "corrugated") once she is the nominee. I do not think the American people will want her after 8 years of BHO.

by Anonymousreply 2608/17/2013

R14, the Democrat you long for cannot win.

"Isn't it pretty telling the RNC is so freaked out? Hilary hasn't even announced yet or anything. They scared."

No, they're just using this bio-pic to demonize the liberal media. NBC gave this to them and they're using it to get all of ignorants riled up. Thanks, NBC.

by Anonymousreply 2708/17/2013

Donna Brazile has never been Hillary's campaign manager.

by Anonymousreply 2808/17/2013

[quote]Why WOULD they want a documentary or mini-series made that would be sure to highlight the failure of her marriage and her failure to get Health Care passed?

I'm going to be polite and use the word specious for both of these notions.

by Anonymousreply 2908/17/2013

Oh Maggie that's right. You are the one responsible for that disaster. Donna screwed up Gore's campaign.

by Anonymousreply 3008/17/2013

R30, Maggie Williams was brought in to SAVE the campaign. You're really screwed up, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 3108/17/2013

If her efforts saved the campaign why isn't Hillary Pres?

by Anonymousreply 3208/17/2013

Did Donna Brazile actually use the word "coronated"

by Anonymousreply 3308/17/2013

[quote] Did Donna Brazile actually use the word "coronated"

Extra value is what you get when you buy coronate.

by Anonymousreply 3408/17/2013

Brazi if Hillary Clinton gets into the race, there will be a coronation of her, because there are so many Democrats who last time around supported her, who I think are anxious to see her back out there again

by Anonymousreply 3508/17/2013

The only reason these punks like Chris Matthews want Hillary to run in 2016 Is because they know she CAN WIN. That's it. That's why they didn't want her in 2008. Period.

by Anonymousreply 3608/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.