Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Family Issues

Anyone know of good self-help book to deal with family issues (emotional and physical abuse - sexual abuse [not me, my sister])

It's a long a complex story, but I need to come to grips I'm left out of everything.

by Anonymousreply 808/17/2013

"Bad Childhood, Good Life," by L.Schlessinger.

by Anonymousreply 108/17/2013

[all posts by flame bait troll (hates:men,women,muslims,gays,lesbians,jews and Obama, loves posting about stabbing women, bashing gays, killing jews etc.) #10 removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 208/17/2013

R2, I doubt that that's a serious answer. The bible as plenty of condemnation, plenty of examples of the abused being counted as guilty, discrimination against the disabled, incestuous marriage and bigamy. Not much for soeone grappling with real problems.

by Anonymousreply 308/17/2013

The Bible? The book that says Lot's virgin teenaged daughters raped HIM after their city was destroyed and their mother died?

No, as a guide to dealing with this particular issue, you could hardly do worse than the bible.

by Anonymousreply 408/17/2013

Keep busy, make tons of money. Read Alice Miller's work, go to 12 step meetings to vent about it, and if you don't have the usual issues of 12 step meetings - (food, drugs, sex, alc) you can attend co-dependents anon. Good luck my friend.

The ULTIMATE fuck you to them is to make tons of money. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 508/17/2013

R5's advice is exactly what I'm following -- trying to build a business and make tons of money.

by Anonymousreply 608/17/2013

R6,May I know what kind of business you are building? how much did you start out with? I've been wanting to start something myself but I am saving up more money.

Good luck to you and OP.

by Anonymousreply 708/17/2013

R7, sorry, I wasn't clear -- I'm trying to come up with an idea for a venture that I'll actually want to work on. I'm in business school now, and learning about business plans, etc., though I'm not sure just how useful what I'm learning is going to be in building my own business.

by Anonymousreply 808/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!