Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Robin Quivers health

Any updates on how she is doing?

by Anonymousreply 1109/09/2013

Or Ryan Buell, the ghost hunter. How is his cancer battle going?

by Anonymousreply 108/16/2013

Ryan is sick too. Oy. Best wishes to all

by Anonymousreply 208/16/2013

She's doing some local book signings...

Robin Quivers, Howard Stern's sidekick, signing copies of The Vegucation of Robin

10/9/13 7:00 PM at Barnes & Noble - Union Square. New York, NY.

10/12/13 1:00 PM at Barnes & Noble - Route 3 East. Clifton, NJ.

by Anonymousreply 308/16/2013

That's good. Hope she is able to make her commitments

by Anonymousreply 408/16/2013

She sounds great on the show-- as good as ever.

by Anonymousreply 508/16/2013

I don't believe the cancer rumors. Isn't Robin back in her glass box?

by Anonymousreply 608/16/2013

I've loved her for thirty years, and only wish her the best.

by Anonymousreply 708/16/2013

I think it might be worse than cancer. The whole thing happened when she went to an out-of-state wedding and went to the hospital because she couldn't pee. No word on what led up to that, but she went to the best doctors in NYC and had emergency surgery to remove a large tumor that was either next to or attached to her bladder.

She never came back to work in person, but participates in the show via an ISDN line. She went to Howard's huge company X-mas party but there was a complete lockdown on any pictures of her or descriptions of how she looked.

I'm thinking she may be waiting on an organ transplant? Gary said "of course Robin will come back when she's ready". But who knows when that is..

I think the book release and tour were scheduled for last fall, but they pushed it back a year without much comment. Who knows if it will happen this time...

by Anonymousreply 808/16/2013

I wish her a full and speedy recovery! Get well soon Robin!!

by Anonymousreply 908/16/2013

She sounds fine on the radio, but she never returned to the studio. If her book is finally coming out and she is going to be doing publicity then I suspect she is recovered and is keeping details about her health secret until book release/publicity time.

by Anonymousreply 1008/16/2013

Robin came clean today about her health, her surgery and about her 18 month absence from the studio.

Robin revealed her how she couldn't urinate and she was found to have a large mass in her pelvis, how the doctors told her that if they found the cancer had spread too far, that they would just close her up and let her live whatever time she had left. Her operation took about 8 hours cause the tumor was all wrapped around various organs. Part of her colon was removed so they gave Robin an ileostomy (sp?), which required her having a temporary colostomy bag. The surgeon told her that they would make her comfortable, but she was basically walking dead.

Robin says she went to Sloan Kettering and got a second opinion. Her new doctors had seen cases like hers before and were optimistic. Robin had radiation and chemo for about a year - she lost her hair. However, she said she was never in pain that usually accompanies these procedures. The ileostomy was reversed, so Robin no longer has the bag. Her surgeon recently told Robin that she is totally - not in remission, but actually totally cured.

Robin said she kept silent all this time because she didn't want to deal with fans calling in with well wishes, giving random advice. All this would distrupt the show and she wanted to just concentrate on working and getting better, not fielding medical advice from nudnick callers.

Robin's hair has grown back, but is still short. However, she never answered the question that initiated this revelation - when will she be back in the studio.

by Anonymousreply 1109/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!