Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sons of John Mellencamp face charges.

The teenage sons of John Mellencamp are in hot water with the law. They are named Speck and Hud.

Speck and Hud!

by Anonymousreply 10906/04/2014

With names like that, what can you expect?

by Anonymousreply 108/16/2013

I won't know what to think until I can see pictures of them.

by Anonymousreply 208/16/2013

Those names are downright trashy stupid.

Then again their daddy has never struck me as an American aristocrat.

by Anonymousreply 308/16/2013

retarded names

by Anonymousreply 408/16/2013

If I had given my dad a black eye in anger, and I was still on his dime in any possible way, that would have been the moment before the end of my existence.

"I brought into this world and I can take you out of it, too."

by Anonymousreply 508/16/2013

My father and I had our disagreements, but I cannot even imagine ever hitting him no matter how angry he sometimes made me. That would have been unthinkable. What a couple of loser punk-ass bitches those kids are.

by Anonymousreply 608/16/2013

...face the Sons Of Katie Elder.

by Anonymousreply 708/16/2013

To be fair, there's not much to do in Bloomington except ride around the square and get drunk and get into fights.

by Anonymousreply 808/16/2013

Is Speck named after Richard Speck?

by Anonymousreply 908/16/2013

PeeWee Herman's dog was named "Speck" in "PeeWee's Big Adventure."

by Anonymousreply 1008/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 1108/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 1208/17/2013

No doubt the DL will blame poor parenting after seeing r11 & r12.

They look like mean white trash.

by Anonymousreply 1308/17/2013

Wouldn't you want to punch someone who called you "Speck"?

by Anonymousreply 1408/17/2013

You do know their mother is the former supermodel Elaine Irwin? Now his ex-wife. Hope Meg Ryan is walking into that family with eyes open.

by Anonymousreply 1508/17/2013

Meg Ryan's stepsons

by Anonymousreply 1608/17/2013

They look like trailer trash.

by Anonymousreply 1708/17/2013

I am surprised to see that Hud is 5'11", he obviously got that height from his mother's side of the family.

I read that Speck is a long time family name for the Mellencamp crew.

by Anonymousreply 1808/17/2013

well they aren't really that cute and those names... yuck.

they should change them to josh and steve.

by Anonymousreply 1908/17/2013

Dick sizes? Cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 2008/17/2013

JM has admirable political beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 2108/17/2013

His first name is really Richard. Speck is his middle name.

by Anonymousreply 2208/17/2013

He wanted to name them Spic and Span at first.

by Anonymousreply 2308/17/2013

I blew Richard Speck!

by Anonymousreply 2408/17/2013

John Mellencamp has been living in New York City for about 3 or 4 years living with Meg Ryan.

Maybe his two teenage sons felt that their father deserted them.

On the other hand, maybe John Mellencamp visits the sons. (but perhaps visiting the sons is not the same amount of emotional support as living with them)

No telling what Elaine Irwin is doing these days since John Mellencamp left her several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2508/17/2013

R16, Hud and Speck are NOT Meg Ryan's step-sons.

Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp are NOT married.

And there have been no articles saying they intend to or wish to get married.

by Anonymousreply 2608/17/2013

JM might have "admirable politics" but he's still a total 100% fucked up asshole. He kept trading in his older wives for younger ones - having affairs on them & fucking them up. Ugh.

He's about as "admirable" as Alec Baldwin IOW, a total fucking jerk.

by Anonymousreply 2708/17/2013

On the other hand, maybe Meg is very attentive to a boy's needs.

by Anonymousreply 2808/17/2013

I heard he had a daughter named "Butch."

by Anonymousreply 2908/17/2013

R27, I completely disagree with your assessment of John Mellencamp pertaining to his marriages and pertaining to being an "asshole" or "jerk".

For one thing, his first marriage was when he was very young and there is no reason that marriage should not have broken up.

And you have no idea in hell as to why his marriages broke up.

You seem stupid, R27.

by Anonymousreply 3008/17/2013

Hud is/was a boxing champion, so that gives you an idea of his temperament and perhaps his disposition.

by Anonymousreply 3108/17/2013

Hud is the boxer... so Speck is the bottom bitch?

by Anonymousreply 3208/17/2013

r30 - since I read the gossip rags, and this is a gossip site (oh and BTW sorry I OFFENDED your delicate flower sensibiliities), he did cheat on every single woman he was with, including Elaine Irwin (the last wife). You should read about his history cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3308/17/2013

R33, I know all about John Mellencamp having affairs. It is not new news to me. I have known about it for many years.

I just completely disagree with your assessment of Mellencamp as being an "asshole" because of it.

I know about his affairs, and I do NOT consider him to be an asshole or a jerk at all.

I disagree with your assessment that affairs equall "asshole".

Get it, pea brain R33?

by Anonymousreply 3408/17/2013

equal, not equall

by Anonymousreply 3508/17/2013

R27, I don't think you know anything at all about marriage nor relationships.

To call someone "a total 100 percent fucked-up asshole" because his marriages ended shows you to be absurdly stupid.

Marriages often end, you dimwit.

by Anonymousreply 3608/17/2013

Holy shit. Did I just run into John Mellencamp???

R25 /26/30/31/34/34/36 has posted 7x in this thread!!! & seems to know a shitload about him!

Well, JM, screw you, yes it's YOUR FAULT for fucking up their fucked up mothers and leaving them to pursue other pussy. Fuck off, you've damaged enough people including your sons!

by Anonymousreply 3708/17/2013

Hud and Speck have the same mother, Elaine Irwin.

Elaine and John were together about 20 years.

A 16 year marriage is successful.

And there is no reason why a 16 year marriage should not break up. People grow in different directions or become incompatible and sometimes no longer love each other.

You are an imbecilic cretin, R37.

by Anonymousreply 3808/17/2013

"And there is no reason why a 16 year marriage should not break up. People grow in different directions or become incompatible and sometimes no longer love each other."

And sometimes one partner is out there fucking anything that will hold still, especially if they spend a lot of the year touring and have nothing better to do during all those nights in strange hotels. I don't know why you refuse to believe that a traveling musician might cheat on their spouse.

I hope the wife got some while he was away.

by Anonymousreply 3908/17/2013

I do not "refuse to believe that a traveling musician might cheat on their spouse".

You seem to have a severe lack of reading comprehension, R39.

In fact, I said I know about Mellencamp's marriages ending and have known for many years

I never said Mellencamp did not cheat.

His marriages ending do not make him a "total 100 percent fucking asshole" at all.

Marriages often run their course just as relationships do. They are often not made to last forever.

by Anonymousreply 4008/17/2013

R39, you seem stupid too. I said at R34 that I know about Mellencamp's affairs and have known for many years.

So why did you say, R39, that "I refuse to believe that he cheated on his wives" - that is, if you can read, R39.

by Anonymousreply 4108/17/2013

If he was not ready to settle down why the fuck did he have all those kids?

5 children

3 Baby Mamas

If a BW did the same thing she'd get so much shit on this board. He IS an asshole. Don't have children if you're not ready to settle down and you are still fucking everything that moves.

by Anonymousreply 4208/17/2013

1) you have no idea in hell whether he was "fucking everything that moves".

2) you make vast exaggerations saying that

3) settle down? being married for 16 years is "settling down"

4) many of his kids are quite old - in their 40's - he had kids young

5) R42, you are a imbecilic cretin

6) who cares what gets "shit" on this board - use common sense

by Anonymousreply 4308/17/2013

r43 time for your naptime dear. You've now posted 10x on this thread & have been namecalling. I'm sure you have never been here before this, you googled JM's name and this site came up. If anyone is the "cretin" it is you, you're not wanted here, you literally sound insane. Seriously, get help.

You sound like the other idiotic fangurls that have come here, like the cunts on the soap thread, the ponies, the current crop on the KW thread, the Claymates, the Brangeloonatics.

This is NOT, I repeat, NOT a fanboard, so scoot you little cuntfrau!

by Anonymousreply 4408/17/2013

Wow. The Mellencamp Fanboy is so verbose and defensive that I suspect Mellencamp himself is posting here.

Or maybe it's Meg Ryan, who can't have anything better to do. Hi, Meg!

by Anonymousreply 4508/17/2013

Speck is some kind of fatty pork.

by Anonymousreply 4608/17/2013

[quote]John Mellencamp has been living in New York City for about 3 or 4 years living with Meg Ryan. Maybe his two teenage sons felt that their father deserted them.

I'm not sure who left whom, but Elaine Irwin was a NYC resident before she married Mellencamp. I saw their wedding video when I was a grad student at IU. Our department AV guy ran a small business on the side and he taped and edited their wedding. The guys had a Kennedy in Hyannis style football game as the new bride got pissed about the groom getting covered in mud. I couldn't help but wonder she wasn't going to be terribly thrilled living around Bloomingtong/Belmont or Seymour. I'm pretty sure she'd head back to NYC after the split, so the desertion thing might be exacerbated if both parents left Bloomington. Going to NYC from Bloomington can leave even the wealthiest feeling out of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 4708/17/2013

Have Jack and Diane weighed in on this controversy?

by Anonymousreply 4808/17/2013

Irwin I believe is currently pregnant by Jay Penske of the Penske family, who now owns Variety and the Hollywood Reporter and is possibly LA based. I don't think she's been spending a ton of time in Indiana lately either. The boys have probably been on their own now that they're out of high school.

Mellencamp has grandkids older than these two boys and may even be a great-grandfather by now.

by Anonymousreply 4908/17/2013

Isn't Speck like the German version of prosciutto?

by Anonymousreply 5008/17/2013

FWIW, I've always liked Elaine Irwin. She was literally half his age and then-some when he met her, she's involved with lots of charities, seems very involved with her children, this is all JCM's fucked up shit, not EI's I'm sure of it.

by Anonymousreply 5108/17/2013

Yes, Speck is a cured pork product that's very much like prosciutto.

And a well-known serial killer and Pee Wee Herman's dog, which makes it a really unfortunate name for an innocent child.

by Anonymousreply 5208/17/2013

Elaine Irwin's new companion Jay Penske is 9 years younger than she is and seems to be fucked up. Last year he broke into the Nantucket Yacht Club and pissed on a woman's shoes!He also assaulted two women in the club's parking lot at 2 in the morning. He has a serious case of gayface and he looks possessed as well. Yes he did knock Elaine up and it looks like Pud and Prosciutto(speck is like a German version of it)will have a new step daddy who will join them in some uncertain mischief.

by Anonymousreply 5308/17/2013

See, this is what happens when you marry an LA doll and bring her to this small town

by Anonymousreply 5408/17/2013

photos of Elain Irwin and her current boyfriend by whom she is pregnant

(he is 9 or 10 years younger than she)

Elaine Irwin and Mellencamp were married for 20 years.

R51, you call him JCM - he has not gone by the name John Cougar Mellencamp for many decades which shows you know nothing about him

by Anonymousreply 5508/17/2013

That's right r53 forgot about that story about Penske. Irwin likes them troublesome I guess.

by Anonymousreply 5608/17/2013

Just two young kids growing up

In the heartland.

by Anonymousreply 5708/17/2013

R53, see story at R55 - the assault in the parking lot was turning around and pissing on a women's shoes as he was pissing in the parking lot and two women came up to him

by Anonymousreply 5808/17/2013

Irwin and JCM were always an odd pairing and not just b/c of the age difference. She's an Israeli supermodel born in Haifa, he's a hellraiser from southern Indiana. They met on one of his video shoots and married something like a few months later, it was that quick.

Twenty years of marriage, esp to him, is no small achievement.

by Anonymousreply 5908/17/2013

John Mellencamp and now a young heir. Wow, her cunt must know some special tricks.

by Anonymousreply 6008/17/2013

So one's named after a serial killer & the other's named after a Paul Newman film? (In which, of course, Paul Newman dies in prison).

Talk about programming for failure.

by Anonymousreply 6108/17/2013

How is Elaine Irwin an Israeli supermodel? I think you're thinking of Bar Rafaeli.

EI was born in PA and left home for NYC @16 to be a model.

by Anonymousreply 6208/17/2013

R59, Israeli and Haifa born?

Elaine Irwin was born in Pennsylvania.

'Elaine Irwin was born in Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania. At 16 she left home to pursue a modeling career. After her photo appeared in Seventeen in 1985, the Boyertown honor student and varsity letter-winner in track and cross country was a much sought-after face for magazine covers, advertisements and commercials.'

by Anonymousreply 6308/17/2013

well my bad so she was. Not sure where I got that, could have sworn I read a long time ago she was born in Israel. Wasn't confusing her w/Rafaeli maybe with someone else from the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 6408/17/2013

John Mellencamp has been married his whole life up until 2011.

And his marriage record is not unusual at all.

Elaine Irwin (5 September 1992 - 12 August 2011) (divorced) 2 children

Victoria L. Granucci (23 May 1981 - 7 July 1989) (divorced) 2 children

Priscilla Esterline (1969 - 1981) (divorced) 1 child

by Anonymousreply 6508/17/2013

Hud and Speck's mother, Elaine Irwin, sounds like she might be a bit flakey.

Having a 34 year old boyfriend by whom she is having a baby at age 43.

And the 34 year old boyfriend exhibits adolescent behavior.

by Anonymousreply 6608/17/2013

"So one's named after a serial killer & the other's named after a Paul Newman film? (In which, of course, Paul Newman dies in prison)."

Actually, the one where Newman dies in prison is "Cool Hand Luke." Hud comes from the film of the same name; in that one, Newman plays a charming sociopath. So Mellencamp named BOTH his songs after sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 6708/17/2013

About John Mellencamp:

He started out as a glitter rocker! Yes, when he was named "Johnny Cougar" he went that route, because it was all the rage at the time. That image flopped, so he reinvented himself as John Mellencamp, a good ol' boy everyman. He started singing songs about small towns and loser kids sucking on chili dogs at the Tasty Freeze...and he found his audience!

In their memoir "Kicking and Dreaming", Ann and Nancy Wilson describe him as an egotistical asshole.

A very long time ago I heard he had a daughter...named Butch! I guess he just likes stupid names.

by Anonymousreply 6808/17/2013

John does not have a daughter named Butch.

Here are the names of his children:

Children: Hud Mellencamp, Speck Mellencamp, Teddi Jo Mellencamp, Michelle Mellencamp, Justice Mellencamp

by Anonymousreply 6908/17/2013

John Mellencamp was a good ole boy from the heartland.

He was born in and grew up in Seymour,Indiana.

And he lived his whole adult life in Bloomington, Indiana.

His residence was Bloominton, IN the all the decades he has been a successful musician.

He was everyman and from the heartland.

(until the last 3 yrs or so where he seems to maybe live part-time with Meg Ryan in New York City and in her summer home)

by Anonymousreply 7008/17/2013

HUD? Really? Iran wtf that's not any kind of least speck is something.

by Anonymousreply 7108/17/2013

OK so we agree he has poor taste in naming children.

Is it that much worse than a common whore, named after the Virgin Mary, calling her daughter Lourdes....a sacred shrine in the Catholic church?

It's all bad taste.

by Anonymousreply 7208/17/2013

Meg Ryan has plenty to do - she does LSD and stares at her face in the mirror. It melts and moves around randomly.

by Anonymousreply 7308/17/2013

They sound like thoughtless little pigs.

by Anonymousreply 7408/17/2013

This thread is too funny!

by Anonymousreply 7508/18/2013

Those are serial killer names.

by Anonymousreply 7608/18/2013

Pix of the victim, sheesh. The sons sound like assholes, just like JCM.

I wonder if they have daddy-issues?

by Anonymousreply 7708/18/2013

That's bullshit r73. Everybody knows Meg Ryan doesn't need LSD to get her face melting.

by Anonymousreply 7808/18/2013

I'm SHOCKED that in all the pages of this thread, no one has pointed out that Speck Mellancamp's middle name is Wildhorse.

by Anonymousreply 7908/18/2013

Shirtless Hud

by Anonymousreply 8008/18/2013

Hud is a biblical name. Speck and Butch I'm not so sure about.

by Anonymousreply 8108/18/2013

I wonder how much this episode is going to cost dad? Between lawyers costs and the settlement, a couple hundred thousand?

by Anonymousreply 8208/18/2013

We're there to offer help and guidance.

by Anonymousreply 8308/18/2013

Don't forget Trig and Track, the other Palin boys besides Trip.

by Anonymousreply 8408/18/2013

And me, Trots, one of the Hershey twins!

by Anonymousreply 8508/18/2013

"Sons of Mellencamp" sounds like an SCTV show that comes on before the Sammy Maudlin show

by Anonymousreply 8608/18/2013

"He was everyman and from the heartland.'

The "everyman from the heartland" is an asshole who tried to be a glitter rocker with the name Johnny Cougar. When that failed, he took a different approach that appealed to a certain audience. He's a fucking creep.

And by the way "Jack and Diane" is one of the worst fucking songs EVER. "Hold onto sixteen as long as you can"...only pathetic morons try to stay sixteen when they're thirty. I guess the people who bought that shitty record were the equivalent of Jack and Diane, two dumbfuck teenagers sucking on chili dogs at the Tasty Freeze.

by Anonymousreply 8708/18/2013

To be fair, he did evolve as a musician. Jack and Diane was typical top 40 stuff, but Pink Houses, Paper in Fire, and Jackie Brown are fantastic songs.

by Anonymousreply 8808/18/2013

I can't stand JCM- he is such an egotistical twat. He stipulates that his crew cannot talk or engage with him in any manner. I don't know if he still does this but he did it back in the 1990's.

I knew this woman from Cleveland who would always brag about how she attended JCM's 2nd wedding. Her husband was friends with him from back in the day.

The Backstreet Boys were going to get their big break when Mercury records was about to sign them. JCM threw a hissy fit and told Mercury he would leave them if they signed the BSBs. So they backed out of the deal with the BSBs at the last minutes. JCM didn't want to be associated with a record label that signed boy bands. This is rich coming from a guy who wore pink lip gloss on his first album cover.

JCM looks like an old perv.

by Anonymousreply 8908/18/2013

You're the mentally disturbed unbalanced fucking creep, R87, not John Mellencamp.

by Anonymousreply 9008/18/2013

I remember all of them:

Johnny Cougar

John Cougar

John Cougar Mellencamp

John Mellencamp

I also remember reading an interview with JM and Elaine Irwin sometime in the mid-90s where Elaine admitted her sons were a handful to raise and predicted they'd be hellions when they got older. The accompanying picture showed the two boys jumping on a trampoline with Elaine off to the side. Can't remember what the magazine was.

by Anonymousreply 9108/18/2013

I feel bad for Mellencamp, because he seems like a genuinely nice guy.

That said, his hellions are the hellions he raised. You know a lot of parents will encourage the hell out of anything like boxing and guns minus any kind of control, with "boys will be boys" pride.

Then the little bastard grows taller than you, gives you a black eye, etc...

by Anonymousreply 9208/18/2013

Give these poor boys a break, won't you? It is very difficult growing up in the heartland with a powerful, famous father.

I myself grew up during the 1970s in WI where my father was the aluminum siding king. People taunted me so - inviting me to their brick homes or little pink houses wrapped in vinyl siding. Of course I had to beat the hell out of some of them - especially after my father left my mother to go live with actress from the Fireside Dinner Theatre in Fort Atkinson.

by Anonymousreply 9308/18/2013

"You're the mentally disturbed unbalanced fucking creep, not John Mellencamp."

Honey, you are pathetic. A John Mellencamp fangurl...pathetic. And by the way, it's not just my opinion that the former Johnny Cougar is a asshole of major proportions. People who've worked with him know what a cunt he is. Now go on down to the Tasty Freeze and suck on a chili dog while holding on to sixteen as long as you can.

by Anonymousreply 9408/18/2013

Holy Shit - I knew these kids would explode when I saw JCM on Letterman with Stephen King in early June - he sported a black eye which he said came from a punch from his son.

Now this incident in July.

JCM has always been one of my faves, I saw him perform spectacularly at Madison Square Garden now almost 30 years ago, but when he was on Letterman, he gave off such a scary vibe he made Stephen King seem amiable and normal.

by Anonymousreply 9508/18/2013

It's a bit scary if you trolldar R77. Wow, nothing like a scorned frau in a lather about a cheating man!!

I'll bet she's been posting in the "Thomas Gibson was catfished" thread too.

by Anonymousreply 9608/18/2013

Did he describe how the punching incident happened? The son's a boxer. Any chance he was sparring with the old man?

I wonder if Mellencamp has finally stopped smoking. He's already had a heart attack [italic]as a young man[/italic] and he didn't quit. His habit was nuts. He described waking up in the middle of the night to smoke pre-attack.

by Anonymousreply 9708/18/2013

What R77 doesn't seem to understand that rock stars cheat on their spouses. It's par for the course. That's why some of these guys become musicians. Some of them marry their groupies. Like NHL or NBA players. Duh. Or that extra-marital affairs are also part of the culture of royalty or the very upper classes. Do wives really walk into marriages in those spheres so uninformed?

by Anonymousreply 9808/18/2013

Verificatia of size meat on any Cougars or Mellancamps?

by Anonymousreply 9908/18/2013

One of the sons, either Hud or Speck, plays guitar in John Mellencamp's band.

You would think that would help to keep the son out of trouble.

Hud and Speck might be reacting poorly to their mother's flakey perhaps ill-advised decision to have a baby at age 43 with her 34 year old boyfriend who gets into adolescent immature legal trouble.

Hud and Speck's mother, Elaine Irwin, seems to be living on the west coast with her 34 yr old boyfriend while Hud and Speck still live in Bloomington, Indiana where their father lived all his adult life.

by Anonymousreply 10008/18/2013

Do either of them go to school ie. college? why am I suddenly recalling one of them playing college football someplace? Or is that some other celeb's kid/s? (of course I also though Irwin was born in Israel so what do I know. Memory very faulty).

by Anonymousreply 10108/18/2013

And I just Googled to answer my own question and voila, Hud was a walk-on at Duke. Duke - is he really that bright?

Oh and Is Duke ncaa division 1A or lower?

by Anonymousreply 10208/18/2013

Duke is a Division IA, but they're hardly a football powerhouse. They suck. Anyway, if he was a walk on, then he must have gotten in on academic merit. Or his dad offered a nice endowment. Regardless, it showed initiative.

by Anonymousreply 10308/18/2013

100 plus posts in this thread. I've learned more than I ever thought I needed about this guy, his wild kids and his marriages. But please tell me more.

by Anonymousreply 10408/18/2013

Hud is hot but stupid, and Speck's just a fugly moron. I can't believe any girls were fighting over him, what losers.

by Anonymousreply 10508/18/2013

anon#19: almost died laughing:D "and those names.... yuck! they should change them to josh and steve!" i love how you just choose 2 arbitrary [but very nice] guy names & decide those should be their new names! hey, maybe they'd behave better if they had normal names {& normal parents}. if john hadn't gotten his high-school chick in the family way, he might have sown his wild oats with protection, & not have had to put his offspring through so bloody many step-moms.

by Anonymousreply 10606/04/2014

i'm behind the times; don't keep up w/ celeb news so this is news to me now. posted replies #s 83, 84, 85, 86, & 93: are you guys all professional comedians?? you kill me!! :D

by Anonymousreply 10706/04/2014

Where did he meet Meg Ryan? That's a weird coupling.

Nothing weird about a musician and supermodel. But Meg Ryan post plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 10806/04/2014

better pics

by Anonymousreply 10906/04/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!