Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Most eerie/scary true crime murders that haunt you

The EAR ONS case in Northern California/Sacramento fascinates me and frightens me. Never caught and not much public attention despite his horrifying MO.

Polly Klaas still gives me shivers.

So, too, does the case of Cary Stayner (Yosemite) and his brother.

by Anonymousreply 60012/08/2014

The Fox Hollow Farm killings (and subsequent haunting).

by Anonymousreply 108/16/2013

Jamie Bulger

The Moors Murders

The Zodiac Killer

by Anonymousreply 308/16/2013

I think there is something to the the "Smiley Face" killings.

by Anonymousreply 408/16/2013

You got that right, R4! It turns out the killer was actually a WEREWOLF. Stay away from the Colony.

by Anonymousreply 508/16/2013

I can't read about that home invasion case in Connecticut where the daughters and wife were raped and burned to death. There's a documentary about the case on HBO but there's no way I could watch it. Too disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 608/16/2013

The Elissa Lam case (though officially considered closed) is still very creepy.

by Anonymousreply 708/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 908/16/2013

R4, please elaborate on the Smiley Face Killer. I've only half-heard about this case, but the coincidences seemed striking:

Midwestern college-aged young white guys mysteriously drowned in rivers and lakes, their corpses found near a smiley-face graffitied onto a nearby rock or wall.

by Anonymousreply 1008/16/2013

R10, Read the description below the youtube audio for a longer synopsis. The suspicion is that is the doings of a cult.

As recently as 2008, Gannon and Duarte were examining evidence going back to the late 1990s that they believe connects the deaths of 40 or more college-age males, whose dead bodies were found in water in 11 states, often after leaving parties or bars where they were drinking. The men, according to the former detectives, often fit a profile of being popular, athletic, and good students, and most were white.

Gannon and Duarte have theorized that the young men were all murdered, either by an individual or by an organized group of killers. The term smiley face became connected to the alleged murders when it was made public that Gannon and Duarte had discovered graffiti depicting a smiley face near locations where they think the killer dumped the bodies in at least a dozen of the cases.

by Anonymousreply 1108/16/2013

R11, the most bizarre thing is how quickly law enforcement was to shut down the "smiley face" theory.

Yes, young drunken college-aged men are likely to do stupid things, but swimming (and drowning) in frozen lakes and rivers seems too bizarre to be a trend.

by Anonymousreply 1208/16/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1308/16/2013

R13, very creepy!

by Anonymousreply 1508/16/2013

R5, I love you!

by Anonymousreply 1608/16/2013

R13, he didn't kidnap her. What makes that case all the more disturbing is that he befriended the family and made up a story about a niece having a birthday party and convinced the parents to let them take their daughter to it. He then killed her and turned her into stew.

As for my contribution, I would say the Chicken Coop Murders, which was the basis for the Angelina Jolie film CHANGELING. Some guy kidnapped young boys and kept them in a chicken coop, where he terrorized them for days. He then had his teenage nephew hack them to death with an ax. That scene in the movie disturbed me for days. I can't imagine the terror those boys faced.

by Anonymousreply 1708/16/2013

Ok, R7 earns the crown for thee most creepy! My Gosh! I watched the video of the victim in the elevator, which beyond weird! BTW, were those ghosts in the elevator after she left? Check out the link if you dare and watch the whole video, just WOW!

by Anonymousreply 1808/16/2013

I used to read true crime books by the likes of Ann Rule and others.

The one serial killer I can't shake is Robert Hansen, the Alaskan serial killer that hunted prostitutes and flew them away in his airplane.

by Anonymousreply 1908/16/2013

This one gave the creeps for weeks after I read about it online. I heard a DJ on the radio saying that the movie "The Strangers" was partly based on it.

The Keddie Murders is an unsolved 1981 American quadruple murder that took place in Keddie, a former resort town in the foothills of Northern California's Sierra Nevada mountains. The murders took place in cabin 28, during the late evening of April 11, 1981 and/or early morning of the 12th. The victims were Glenna Sharp, known as Sue (age 36), her daughter Tina (age 12), her son John (age 15), and his friend, Dana Wingate (age 17).[1][2] Tina was determined to be missing after the crime was first discovered. Her skull and several other bones were recovered in 1984 near Camp Eighteen, California, in Butte County.[3] Sue's oldest daughter, Sheila, had stayed with next-door neighbors in cabin 27 that night and discovered the murders the morning of April 12.[4] Sue's two youngest sons and their friend, who were having a sleep-over at cabin 28 that night, were found, uninjured, in the boys' bedroom that morning.

by Anonymousreply 2008/17/2013

I don't understand the 'weirdness' of that Elisa Lam video.

Clearly, the elevator isn't working ... she pushes a button, doesn't move, doors don't close, she goes out to see if there's anyone around ( tall ??). She doesn't seem overly concerned.

The oddest thing is that she kind of hides in the corner for a bit .... why, I have no idea ... but she doesn't look at that frightened or concerned ..... hiding in an elevator that has an open door .... uh, yea ... good idea. Maybe, I don't know ... RUN ??

by Anonymousreply 2108/17/2013

A commenter on the video says that the reason she pushed so many buttons when she got on the elevator is that she was expecting someone to get on the elevator with her and didn't want them to know which floor she was getting off on. Smart move --- unless they're smarter and push an even higher floor than you just did.

by Anonymousreply 2208/17/2013

What about that college instructor who murdered and dismembered his longtime girlfriend, and then hid her body in a steamer trunk in his house. This guy ran off to Europe, then came back here, and even though everyone knows he killed her he never served time in Prison? Or if he did, it was for a lesser charge, and he got out. I think his name was Ira Einhorn or something similar? I saw a movie abut it and the actor who played him, made my skin crawl.

by Anonymousreply 2308/17/2013

Another one that really creeped me out was the Railroad or Railway Killer. His name is Angel Maturino Reséndiz and he would ride the rails and randomly kill people in houses along the railroad tracks.

by Anonymousreply 2508/17/2013

I find the genre really interesting, but feel like it's been a long time since I read something new that grabbed my interest.

Any new recommendations ?? Seems everything written nowadays is typical husband kills wife, wife kills husband, friend kills friend ..... Those hold a little bit of interest because I'm always amazed by the people who think they'll get away with it, but ....

by Anonymousreply 2608/17/2013

I've always known about the Charles Ng/Leonard Lake case, but it is a creepy one. They kidnapped people (men, women, infants .... entire three party families) .......quickly killed the men and infants and then kept the women for awhile as sex slaves.

They were captured when Ng shoplifted something Ng ran, Lake was taken into custody and immediately took a pill .... cyanide, which killed him.

The authorities go to the house they lived in .... find video recordings of their activities ..... and lots and lots of bones.

Ng escaped the country for a while, but was extradited back.

Some of their victims were obtained through scams like saying they wanted to buy the family's car or camera equipment, etc ... one woman was convinced to come with them because her injured boyfriend was with them (they'd already killed the boyfriend before luring her)

by Anonymousreply 2708/17/2013

The Clutter family murders in 1959 in Truman Capote's book "In Cold Blood". I was just entering my teens when I read that book and the idea and visualization of how it all occurred left me feeling trapped and fearful. I couldn't believe that human beings could be so deviant and evil. That was a landmark awakening for me.

by Anonymousreply 2808/17/2013

I totally agree with you R27. That was one of thee most disturbing crimes that I have heard, read about ,and observed. They were torturing and murdering people for years. I never heard of them murdering children. Also, they not only raped and tortured women ,but also they tortured and raped the men as well. They video tape all of their victims being tortured and murdered ,and they showed a bit of one of the video tapes on TV. This woman was bound in a chair as Ng was slowly tarring off her clothes. The look on her face was something you had to see in order to really grasp at the horror on the woman's face. They buried countless bodies all around their home.

by Anonymousreply 2908/17/2013

[quote]For 19 days hotel guests had bathed, brushed their teeth and drank of the water despite its “funny, sweet, disgusting taste.”

There's not enough therapy sessions in the world that would help me deal with the fact that I'd swallowed some Elisa Lam juice if I'd been staying there when it happened.

by Anonymousreply 3008/17/2013

Ira Einhorn lived as a fugitive in Europe for almost 20 yrs., then was finally extradited back to the USA where he had been tried and convicted of murder in absentia. He had to be retried, was convicted, was finally sentenced to life in prison and he is still in prison. That case was known as The Unicorn Killer because his name meant Unicorn" in German. I wiki'd it. I wasn't certain of his name but Einhorn was the correct name.

by Anonymousreply 3108/17/2013

[quote]The Clutter family murders in 1959 in Truman Capote's book "In Cold Blood". I was just entering my teens when I read that book and the idea and visualization of how it all occurred left me feeling trapped and fearful. I couldn't believe that human beings could be so deviant and evil. That was a landmark awakening for me.

Felt the same way, after seeing the movie.

by Anonymousreply 3208/17/2013

How could they retry him, R23? Would that be double jeopardy?

by Anonymousreply 3308/17/2013

Well, R33, according to Wiki, he was first tried in absentia and convicted, but then I think the State of PA passed some law saying that you couldn't do that, so he was retried in person when they finally extradited him from France. He fought extradition for years.

by Anonymousreply 3408/17/2013

The John Wayne Gacy murders. You hook up with someone suck their dick then they handcuff you so you can't escape. Your reward for the hookup is death. I should imagine that is the ultimate nightmare for any gay male.

by Anonymousreply 3508/17/2013

Does anyone remember the guy who had a wife and family, as I recall they were affluent, and his wife or someone discovered all these bodies buried on their land? He was a serial killer?

by Anonymousreply 3608/17/2013

Richard Speck.

The Moors Murders.

And Bundy. Above all, Bundy.

by Anonymousreply 3708/17/2013

The Original Night Stalker/ East Side Rapist.

Started out raping women and then calling them up afterwards and leaving these voicemails. The picture on the video is an actual composite drawing of the psycho from one of the rape victims.

He went on to stalk couples who lived near woods in comfortable suburban homes and then went in and did unimaginable horror to the couples before killing them.

Never been caught. He's still out there.

by Anonymousreply 3808/17/2013

I know that case R36 but can't remember his name. He was a flaming queen too and his wife seemed oddly naive about it. How anyone could take him as straight is incomprehensible. They were very active in their church.

by Anonymousreply 3908/17/2013

Yes. That old A&E crime show did an episode about it.

by Anonymousreply 4008/17/2013

The Springfield Three has always haunted me. Three women - Sherrill Levitt, her teenage daughter Suzie Streeter and Streeter's friend Stacy McCall vanished from Levitt's home in the early morning hours the night after Suzie and Stacy graduated from high school in Springfield, Missouri back in June 1992. Nothing has ever been found, and the house was completely undisturbed, with the three womens' purses, keys, money etc. still there. It's like they just vanished into thin air. Very creepy and disturbing. The women are certainly dead, but I would still love to know exactly what happened.

I have family in Missouri and this case is still discussed in the area. Everybody who lives there is familiar with it.

by Anonymousreply 4108/17/2013

Herbert Baumeister was his name and the Fox Hollow Farm murders referenced upthread is him.

by Anonymousreply 4208/17/2013

The Springfield Three is creepy because it's as if they just vanished into thin air.

Didn't they suspect a neighbor at one point and then there was a mysterious van seen in the area around the day they disappeared. I think someone saw the two young girls out and about and followed them home.

by Anonymousreply 4408/17/2013

Yes, r36 is thinking of Herb Baumeister. A well-off family man who lived in a big house in a well-off neighborhood outside of Indianapolis. He was clearly gay, I don't know how his wife could have been so clueless. When the wife and kids were out of town, he went to gay bars in Indianapolis, brought guys back to his big, isolated house, killed them and buried them in the backyard. He killed himself when the cops finally caught up with him. Very disturbing case. It took years before law enforcement got involved because the missing men were all gay and at first they couldn't be bothered.

It took a lesbian police detective to take the disappearances seriously, and crack the case. If if hadn't been for her, Baumeister would have continued his murders for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 4508/17/2013

Baumeister also filled his barren, creepy mansion with mannequins while his family was away. He told his pick ups that they kept him company.

by Anonymousreply 4608/17/2013

Diane Schuler killing 7 people and herself on a lovely Sunday afternoon is scary. Whether it was murder/suicide or just an unfortunate closet alkie accident, scary as hell.

by Anonymousreply 4708/17/2013

I remember a tv interview with his wife and she was indeed kind of clueless but I think it was because of her extreme "churchy" upbringing. It never even occurred to her that he could be gay because she seemed really naive and sheltered. She may not have even realized such things existed. Either that or she was very deep in denial.

by Anonymousreply 4808/17/2013

Couples that kill together, like Fred & Rosemary West and Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo. It's creepy enough to think about encountering one sadistic psychopath but the fact that these sick fucks found each other is another level of disturbing.

The Villisca Axe Murders took place over a century ago, but nobody was ever arrested for them. 8 people brutally murdered in their beds in a small farm town.

by Anonymousreply 5008/17/2013

Mrs. Baumeister's story was covered on Oprah at the time and she joined by live video and the audience just could not understand how she was so naive. She never really gave a plausible explanation as to why she remained so clueless, even after admitting that her husband had never been fully naked around her (ever) and they had more "family love" than romantic love.

Oprah's show also revealed that his suicide note was a scathing, bitter tirade directly aimed at her and blamed her for his life. He never mentioned anything about the murders: it was all just a hate-fueled cathartic rant against his wife in general. He especially resented that she kept a fully decorated Christmas tree up year round in the house.

by Anonymousreply 5108/17/2013

[R49] I thought they did a DNA test recently and proved conclusively that he did it? No?

by Anonymousreply 5208/17/2013

Okay, R51, she might have just been a low-IQ woman. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 5308/17/2013

Here's the A&E show about Baumeister, his clueless wife is interviewed in it.

by Anonymousreply 5408/17/2013

And unbelievably, Jeffrey Macdonald has found a new wife, correct?

Where do the psycho woman come from who want to marry these turds?

by Anonymousreply 5508/17/2013

She was definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer R53.

A fully decorated Christmas tree year round? I can kind of understand his resentment.

by Anonymousreply 5608/17/2013

"Yes, young drunken college-aged men are likely to do stupid things, but swimming (and drowning) in frozen lakes and rivers seems too bizarre to be a trend."

How many serial killers go around drowning young men? None that anyone knows about. Serial killers don't follow that pattern.

"Okay, R51, she might have just been a low-IQ woman. It happens."

She's just a religious woman who did not want to believe the worst about her husband. There are lots of women like that out there. Christian women are raised to be obedient to their husbands.

"It's not normal for men to be overly religious. For women, religion is a source of comfort, but for most normal men, the there is too much impracticality and superstition to bother with."

You think men can't be impractical and superstitious....uh, okay. Most men in America belong to a church.

"Where do the psycho woman come from who want to marry these turds?"

She's not a psycho - just a woman who incorrectly believes that he is innocent. Plenty of people - men and women - think he was framed but I believe they are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 5708/17/2013

"Couples that kill together, like Fred & Rosemary West and Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo. It's creepy enough to think about encountering one sadistic psychopath but the fact that these sick fucks found each other is another level of disturbing."

I guess you have never heard the phrase "folie a deux"

by Anonymousreply 5808/17/2013

What do you all think of people who are obsessed with serial killers? I mean to the point where they write letters to them and go meet them in prison or collect killer memorabilia. There are websites dedicated to serial killer memorabilia. Some imprisoned killers even contribute stuff to it or work out correspondence arrangements with "fans."

I knew a guy who did this. He said it was because he had suffered a head injury that kept him from controlling his impulses, and he was trying to learn what made him different from serial killers. I always thought it was because he wanted to kill people. Dude was obsessed. He always made me feel really creepy. Needless to say, I only had limited contact with him.

So are serial killer fans just wannabe killers?

by Anonymousreply 5908/17/2013

"You think men can't be impractical and superstitious....uh, okay. Most men in America belong to a church."

Don't prevaricate. He was clearly referring to the religiosity of men, not their propensity to attend church. The very religious men are always trying to escape something.

by Anonymousreply 6008/17/2013

"So are serial killer fans just wannabe killers?"

My theory on that is that some people just like getting to communicate with someone who is famous (or infamous). It's a hell of a lot easier to get an incarcerated person to chat with you than it is to contact, say, a movie star. If you write a letter to Brad Pitt, he'll probably never write back but if you write to an infamous criminal he/she will probably respond. Criminals have nothing to do all day except sit in their cells. There are also people who want to get a letter from a famous criminal so they can sell it on ebay or to some media outlet. Various media outlets have published letters from Jerry Sandusky and Aaron Hernandez that they wrote in prison.

by Anonymousreply 6108/17/2013

"Don't prevaricate."

You're the one prevaricating. Most Americans (male and female) are religious. People think I'm weird because I'm an atheist who has never been to church.

by Anonymousreply 6208/17/2013

[quote]It took a lesbian police detective to take the disappearances seriously, and crack the case.

Doesn't it always? I think there should be a TV crime drama called "It Takes a Lesbian," starring Wanda Sykes and Kelly McGillis.

by Anonymousreply 6308/17/2013

I forgot:

John List, Family Murderer.

by Anonymousreply 6408/17/2013

Yes, they attend church, but are they fervent believers? That's what I meant, and you know that.

by Anonymousreply 6508/17/2013

I have a friend like that, r59.

He was obsessed with Luka Magnotta. At first I expressed a passing interest in whatever this friend uncovered but soon it became all he talked about. Apparently he has found a small group of like-minded online friends.

by Anonymousreply 6608/17/2013

No, R62, you know what he's saying. There's a difference between devout people and people just going through the motions. Most Americans are 'religious', but only a subset of the 'religious' are obsessed with their fantasy world. Very devout males are weird.

by Anonymousreply 6708/17/2013

I question any man who talks religion in social gatherings.

Not normal!

by Anonymousreply 6808/17/2013

Taman Shud is also very creepy and strange--it happened in Adelaide, Australia, which as it turns out is the creepy unexplained murder capital of the universe.

by Anonymousreply 6908/17/2013

"Very devout males are weird."

But not devout females? Who are you to say what's weird or what's not? Atheists like me are a small minority in America - does that mean atheists are weird? The number of devoutly religious people is probably higher than the number of atheists. There is also a very misogynist tone to your posts - it's okay for women to be religious but men are PRACTICAL. You know that men are statistically more likely to vote Republican and be against gay rights than women...right?

by Anonymousreply 7008/17/2013

"But not devout females?"

Did I say that? Did I explicitly say that? Moron.

Keep your odd hang-ups out of this thread, R70. We're all saying that devout males are suspicious, in the serial killer way. Look at all the anecdotes shared thus far, and you'll see why.

by Anonymousreply 7108/17/2013

"Did I say that? Did I explicitly say that? Moron"

Actually, you did say that. MORON.

"We're all saying that devout males are suspicious, in the serial killer way. Look at all the anecdotes shared thus far, and you'll see why."

Because anecdotal evidence is the same thing as statistical evidence. There are a lot of "devout" men in America and 99.999999% aren't serial killers.

"Oh, shut the fuck up, R70. Nobody cares about women's studies in this thread."

Oh shut the fuck up, r72. No one cares about your Rush Limbaugh whining in this thread. Limbaugh fans love to whine about "women's studies"

by Anonymousreply 7308/17/2013

r71, here's what you posted:

"It's not normal for men to be overly religious. For women, religion is a source of comfort, but for most normal men, the there is too much impracticality and superstition to bother with."

by Anonymousreply 7408/17/2013

[quote]Never been caught. He's still out there.

Probably not, actually. Serial killers rarely go into dormancy (although there are rare exceptions to this, like the BTK Killer). Much more often they keep killing until they are arrested or they are killed.

The odds are the Original Night Stalker either died or was incarcerated for another crime, and no one has tied him to the ONS killings.

by Anonymousreply 7508/17/2013

Soooooo, getting back to the topic.

OP, I never understood why the Zodiac Killer received so much attention while the EAR/ONS remains under the radar.

Herbert Baumeister is also suspected of being the I-70 killer.

by Anonymousreply 7808/17/2013

Christ on a stick, girls, could we please get back on topic and quit bickering?

by Anonymousreply 8108/17/2013

Uh, R43 and R71 are not the same poster...

by Anonymousreply 8208/17/2013

Trolldar R74 and you'll see we have a potential serial killer right here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 8308/17/2013

Son of Sam.

Fucking scared the bejeebus out of everyone - even those of us in flyover land. Nobody knew WHY he killed - it seemed so random and bizarre.

BTK - because he would just attack entire families and was utterly insane. No reason what so ever behind his attacks - just normal people/families being slaughtered in their own homes.

Most of us like to believe we don't often engage in "high risk" behaviors and so we're less likely to be butchered in our sleep. Son of Sam and BTK made anyone a potential victim.

by Anonymousreply 8408/17/2013

The number of gay serial killers was pretty surprising. And so many at the same time in the same area. Maybe it's just because of the way they were publicized, but it seemed like there were more of them (more than the generally accepted 10 % of the total population) and it seemed their victim counts were also higher than a lot of their straight counterpoints.

by Anonymousreply 8508/17/2013

I read a book recently about the BTK killer, and really the thought that people around us everyday harbor evil thoughts like that is just terrifying.

I followed the links in the first 1-2 pages of this thread and read about Elisa Lam---the guy who is drawing correlations to a TB outbreak, and the "Lam Elisa" TB test freaked me out a little.

I lived in Tallahassee when Ted Bundy killed the Chi Omega sisters. He also tried to kill a ballerina who lived in a nearby rental house. I was a young child but I remember how scary it was.

by Anonymousreply 8608/17/2013

Also, regarding the Elisa Lam video, I have a friend who used to work at the Garden City Hotel and he said that viewing footage from the elevator and hallway cams was a regular thing for the staff. They often saw drunken nudity and other inappropriate behavior.

So beware, you are being watched in the hotels....

by Anonymousreply 8708/17/2013

The Ted Bundy case has always freaked me out because it went on for so long because he was so smart--he figured put a way that in those ways to guarantee very little suspicion of a serial killer even though his targets were pretty middle class girls with long hair (and not prostitutes). it took forever for the cops searching for the killer of the various dead girls to figure out that they were after the same guy. He also preyed on the girls' own most generous impulses by pretending to be injured so he could snatch them and then torture and rape and kill them--they were hideously punished for being helpful, you might say.

Also, his ego was so monstrously large that many times he might have gotten off without much punishment but he never could bear to admit he was guilty or that the state was smarter than he was.

by Anonymousreply 8808/17/2013

Those ones Mitt did when he was younger while in his state police officer costume.

by Anonymousreply 9008/17/2013

Probably not a murder, but that family of kids who were burned alive in their house on Christmas Eve- think it was in the 1950s. Their parents continued to believe they were alive and had been been abducted or somehow disappeared, and would one day return to them. It's the creepiest, saddest thing I've ever heard about.

by Anonymousreply 9108/17/2013

Why did those people kill Channon and Christopher? I didn't see any motive in the Wiki link. Just for the hell of it?

WTF is wrong with people?

by Anonymousreply 9508/17/2013

There was a gay guy in the Houston area who killed dozens of guys. I think he picked up a lot of his victims on the highway. He got away with it for a long time because the victims were gay and the police didn't care.

What's scary is how many people are killed by serial killers on our nation's highways. That seems to be the top place where they find their victims. It makes you think twice about going on long road trips by yourself.

by Anonymousreply 9608/17/2013

You're thinking of Dean Corll in Houston. Very like Gacy or the freeway killer in Southern California.

by Anonymousreply 9708/17/2013

OP, the EAR / ONS committed his rapes in Sacramento, but his killings were all in southern California - Santa Barbara, Ventura, Irvine.

by Anonymousreply 9808/17/2013

I read a book called Charmer, about George Russell Jr., a serial killer/necrophiliac. He would pose the women after killing them with sex toys or other objects, such as a rifle shoved in the vag, and he would make patterns of small stab wounds on their bodies. He wasn't the most prolific killer, but creepy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 9908/17/2013

I have to say the scariest ones for me were, first of all, The Richard Speck murders. I was very young and I remember my grandmother and my aunts talking about how he snuck into the house and murdered 8 women. Then the John Wayne Gacy killings, and finally Dahmer. Jeffrey Dahmer to this day it makes my blood run cold.

Obviously, there's a public fascination with murderers, because true crime books sell, and movies, and news coverage bears it out. I think it's like the bogey man when you're little, or ghost stories or the monsters in our closets when were six yr. olds.

We like to scare ourselves, and we like to be reassured that the bad guys are captured or killed. We want to know how and why and where. In an odd way it both scares us, and makes us feel safe.

I don't think the average person who's fascinated by these modern day true life horror stories is abnormal. But I think a preoccupation with it, collecting memorabilia, and obsessing is very odd in the extreme. I just love mysteries. I love good whodunits and scary movies.

by Anonymousreply 10008/17/2013

This is a digression, but one of my favorite movies is an oldie with Ben Kingsley and the lovely Aaron Eckhart called Suspect Zero, about serial killers. It was chilling.

It was fiction, but the basic point is, apparently there are a lot of missing people out here, and a lot of serial killers wandering out highways.

The semi-rural areas of the heartland are where they're most often found. I think it's because semi-rural areas don't have the police resources that big cities do.

by Anonymousreply 10108/17/2013

[quote]Another one that really creeped me out was the Railroad or Railway Killer. His name is Angel Maturino Reséndiz and he would ride the rails and randomly kill people in houses along the railroad tracks.

I'd never heard of this one until I saw a show on I.D. Channel that covered it. The reenactment of one of his murders was terrifying - he seemed to just appear out of nowhere to attack this couple and was horrifically brutal in his killings.

by Anonymousreply 10208/17/2013

R37 "Tate/LaBiana" For me, that remains as one of the most haunting true crime murders. Unlike most of the others, Charles Manson didn't commit the murders himself, but used manipulation and a cult mindset to get his followers to do them. And cutting out the unborn baby from Sharon Tate? That alone creeps me out all these decades later. As R50 said, when more than one person works together to murder others -- it's even more haunting.

by Anonymousreply 10408/17/2013

I wasn't around for Son of Sam, but I know people who were around back then and NYers were petrified. The killings were completely random and across several boroughs - chilling.

I'm friends with a woman who grew up in Forest Hills, Queens where one or two of the killings took place. She was in high school at the time and fit the profile of the female victims - young, thin, and with long brunette hair. She and her parents were absolutely terrified, and her parents forbid her to leave the house after dark. She's told me someone who didn't live thorugh that time really can't know what it was like.

by Anonymousreply 10508/17/2013

[quote]She's told me someone who didn't live thorugh that time really can't know what it was like.

Isn't that just typical of a New Yorker? "Only *we* know what it was like to live through this--other people afraid of serial killers elsewhere don't matter, because it wasn't New York.."

by Anonymousreply 10608/17/2013

R104, I never heard they cut out the baby.

by Anonymousreply 10708/17/2013

R104 They didn't cut out Sharon's unborn baby. Sadie told a woman in prison later that she wished they had time to do that, but they did not.

Still gruesome and horrible, however.

I watched Summer of Sam when I lived on Long Island, without central A/C. The summer was beastly hot, so I went to the movies on a Saturday afternoon to enjoy the cold atmosphere.

Due to the high electrical usage (I guess) the lights blacked out in the middle of the movie. People screamed, they were so scared.

by Anonymousreply 10808/17/2013

Lately, I've been thinking about the common thread of not just sadist brutality in psychopath murderers, but also in their unreasonableness that typically stands out in the form of a complete lack of logic mixed with narcissim. (spell?)

For example, the murderer who had major problems with his wife leaving a decorated Christmas tree up all year round when he had many dressed up mannequins around the house as "company."

by Anonymousreply 10908/17/2013

"OP, I never understood why the Zodiac Killer received so much attention while the EAR/ONS remains under the radar. "

The Zodiac deliberately created media attention - he sent letters to the SF Chronicle, the largest local newspaper, and demanded that his letters, ciphers, and threats be put on the front page. And of course the national media picked it all up, the guy became world famous.

by Anonymousreply 11008/17/2013

If you're from the Bay Area, the Zodiac Killer story is pretty scary. Plus the fact that they never caught him...

by Anonymousreply 11108/17/2013

Also, the terrifying costume he Zodiac used in the one attack ensured he would be a big deal. Not many serial killers dress up like Spanish Catholic supervillains.

by Anonymousreply 11208/17/2013

Villisca Ax Murders, just because he hid in an attic crawlspace for hours making sure that everyone was asleep before coming out to kill the whole family.

If some of the rumors around the DeFeo / Amityville murders were true, then they're pretty creepy, putting aside the haunting hoax. Like all of the family was asleep on their stomachs. None of them woke to the gunfire. Yet no drugs were found in their systems.

I know this was part of the 'Part 2' movie, but it was also apparently an unproven suspicion at the time, that the eldest daughter might have been in on it. The father was a horrible person, and there were indications that he might have taken too much of a liking to her. There's still a theory that she killed him first over that, then took the gun to Ronald, which later became his 'a demon brought me the gun and told me what to do' story.

by Anonymousreply 11308/17/2013

Wow. Re, the story at R92

Check this shit out. What motherFUCKING assholes.

[italic]“Privileged whites deserve to feel and know our experiences and values firsthand and not just from word of mouth or by books and movies. Their families need and deserve to have terrible memories & experiences with blacks.”[/italic]

More at link.

by Anonymousreply 11408/17/2013

Here's a great thread on Reddit for crime and unsolved mysteries.

by Anonymousreply 11608/17/2013

Jack the Ripper and The Boston Strangler still scare me...

by Anonymousreply 11708/17/2013

[italic]“The animals pictured below raped Christopher Newsom, cut off his penis, then set him on fire and fatally shot him several times while they forced his girlfriend, Channon Christian, to watch. An even more cruel fate awaited her!

“Channon Christian, was beaten and gang-raped in many ways for four days by all of them, while they took turns urinating on her. Then they cut off her breast and put chemicals in her mouth … and then murdered her.”[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 11808/17/2013

Why did the Knoxville 4 do such horrific things to this particular couple? I've looked at the websites and haven't seen much of a backstory for it.

by Anonymousreply 11908/17/2013

R119 see italics and link at R114

by Anonymousreply 12008/17/2013

I can't put any store by that, r120. That's just hatespeech and it's unauthenticated. Anyone could have written it.

by Anonymousreply 12108/17/2013

[quote]Not many serial killers dress up like Spanish Catholic supervillains.

Because nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

by Anonymousreply 12208/17/2013

I don't see how those people could be "rehabilitated".

To me, that is what the death penalty is for. That fate might even be too good for them, as they are fed a last meal, get to see a spiritual counselor, and are put to death rather quickly.

The last happy moment for either of those kids was him leaning in her car window to kiss her before leaving for the party.

Then unspeakable hell.

I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 12308/17/2013

[quote]I'm scared.

Hold me, David.

by Anonymousreply 12408/17/2013

Thanks for the correction R108 and R107 as I thought (mistakenly( that they had. I guess they just planned on cutting out the unborn baby, but didn't have time. To still later say they wished they would have done that -- to regret not doing that -- further adds to the high creep factor anyway.

by Anonymousreply 12508/17/2013

Zodiac was such an amazing, well-made movie.

The character that Charles Fleischer plays is intriguing. He was the creepy projectionist who wrote the movie posters which were a handwriting match with the Zodiac letters, according to a handwriting expert. I think he was working with Arthur Leigh Allen as an accomplice.

by Anonymousreply 12608/17/2013

R116 thanks for that Reddit link. I will now be doing nothing else for the next 2 hours.

by Anonymousreply 12708/17/2013

R105 Yes, I agree about the fear and living in the time and location of one of these psychos. I'm from Vancouver Canada and was a young teen in the 70s right when they were trying to catch serial killer Clifford Olson who preyed on children. My mother was absolutely terrified as there had been several of his suspected killings in our suburb and I wasn't allowed out much either. As it turned out, after Olson was caught, my uncle, a psychiatrist, was one of the shrinks on his case. He interviewed him and concluded that Olson wasn't mentally ill -- just evil.

by Anonymousreply 12808/17/2013

re: Zodiac / R112t

So Little Debbie was in on the killings?

by Anonymousreply 12908/17/2013

Hurman/Mudget aka HH Holmes and The Murder Castle in Chicago.

The murder of the pharmacy couple, the planning he put into a building specifically designed for murder, the killing of those 2 kids, and that he may have actually escaped execution (body buried in tons of concrete?)

And there is some evidence linking him to the Jack the Ripper case (he was in London at the time trying to sell skeletons to medical schools.)

Some of the original chambers still exist below the Englewood Post Office, and employees claim it's creepy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 13008/17/2013

Here is the Golden State Killer/EARONS thread.

Don't read it at night.

by Anonymousreply 13108/17/2013

R102, three was actually an episode of the series "Criminal Minds" that was based on that case.

by Anonymousreply 13208/17/2013

Serial Killer Herb Burmeister.

Strangled at least 20 gay men at his family's bucolic estate north of Indianapolis while his wife and kids were at their weekend lake house.

by Anonymousreply 13308/17/2013

Yeah, Herb!

His place is supposedly haunted now.

I think the family that bought it is trying to turn it into a haunted tourist attraction or something. It was on SyFy one night.

by Anonymousreply 13408/17/2013

What about the I-95 Corridor??? This was a pretty big story down here.

by Anonymousreply 13508/17/2013

The one I can't forget was the Wichita Massacre. 5 Murders by the Carr brothers. The evil that people do

by Anonymousreply 13608/17/2013

R135 I have a feeling they are connected to those horrible murders in Mexico, over 400. There has to be multiple murderers

by Anonymousreply 13708/17/2013

Here are some murders that I guess you could say haunted me, not because they were eerie or scary, but because they were so awful:

Sylvia Likens. She was a sixteen year old girl slowly tortured to death by a hag named Baniszewski, her children and various neighborhood kids. It happened in Indiana, a state that has produced a lot of horrific murders committed by females. Baniszewski was sentenced to life in prison, but only did about 20 years before being paroled.

Dennis Jurgens. Adopted at one year of age, he was dead at age three. He was also slowly tortured to death by his adoptive mother, who starved him, burned him, relentlessly beat. He finally died of a ruptured bowel after she punched him in the stomach. If not for the efforts of his biological mother, Jurgens would have gone unpunished. She was convicted and sent to jail, but only did eight years.

Elisa Izquierdo. After the death of her loving father, she was turned over to her crackhead mother, who tortured her to death. She was six years old when she died. New York authorities claimed it was the worst case of child abuse they'd ever seen.

Ruth Pelke. A 78 year old woman who was tortured and murdered by four girls who came to her home on the pretense of wanted Bible study lessons. The defenseless old lady was stabbed 33 times and literally pinned to the floor with a butcher knife. The ringleader, Paula Cooper, was 15 at the time. Originally sentenced to death, she became the darling of anti-death penalty groupies. She was sentenced to 60 years, but did less than half that. She was recently released from prison. Cooper is yet another atrocious murderess from Indiana.

Main Line Murders. Susan Reinert, a homely school teacher, fell in love with a charismatic sociopathic fellow teacher named William Bradfield. Bradfield, who teamed up with a repugnant sociopath named Jay C. Smith (Smith was the principal at the school where Bradfield and Reinert were employed), convinced the smitten Reinert to turn over her $25,000 inheritance to him in cash and load up on insurance before making him the sole beneficiary of her will. Her naked dead body was found in the trunk of her car. Her two blameless, loveable, well-behaved, attractive children disappeared, never to be seen or heard from again. Bradfield was convicted of the three murders; so was Smith, who was sentenced to death. Bradfield died in prison. Smith, due a legal technicality, eventually was released. He died years later of natural causes.

Shanda Sharer. More female murderers from Indiana! A very pretty, blonde 12 year old, she was pushed into a lesbian relationship with a 15 year old bull dyke named Amanda Heavrin. Heavrin had a jealous girlfriend named Melinda Loveless. Loveless made death threats against Sharer, but Heavrin refused to back off. Loveless hooked up with Laurie Tackett, a very disturbed teenager. The two of them, along with Hope Rippey and Toni Lawrence enticed Shanda into their car; once they had her they bludgeoned her with a tire iron, sodomized her with same, and eventually set her on fire while she was still alive. They were all tried and convicted of the murder; Lawrence and Rippey have already been released. Loveless and Tackett are still in prison; they'll probably be released in their early forties, the same as Paula Cooper. Seems in Indiana for every "good" day a prisoner serves a day is taken off their sentence.

by Anonymousreply 13808/17/2013

Speaking of Mexico,

The Matamoras Spring Break killings by that death cult really creeped me out as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 13908/17/2013

I was a patient in a small, private drug and alcohol rehab facility that was literally down the street from the Burmeister estate.

It is called "LaVerna Lodge" (

The Burmeister house was empty at the time and one morning during break we walked up to the house (it is set very far back from the road, somewhat hidden by rolling hills and unused horse stables).

We tried the sliding door at the back of the house that leads to the in-house pool where Herb committed his murders. Finding it unlocked, we slid the door open and wandered through the dark, empty, cavernous house.

by Anonymousreply 14008/17/2013

R128 Here's an article on Clifford Olsen (dubbed "The National Monster of Canada" by the way) on Murderpedia.

Notice that "in prison, Olson was know3n as a homosexual rapist and sometimes informant." Sick. This scumbag was actually paid $10,000 per body he led police to for a total of $100,000 grand! The money went to his wife and baby son, but most Canadians were/are furious over this.

by Anonymousreply 14108/17/2013

Sorry, Olson's the "Beast of British Columbia" NOT "The National Monster of Canada." He was horrible, but raped/mutilated/murdered only in BC.

by Anonymousreply 14208/17/2013

Here's the Murderpedia piece on Manson. It was thought that his teenaged mother once sold him when he was a baby to another teen girl for a pitcher of beer because she was a serious drinker. No kidding. Then, the mom's uncle gave Charlie back to her. Why? Why would he do that?

by Anonymousreply 14308/17/2013

Andrew Cuanan. I was in San Francisco during that time. I told my friends, who are lesbian, he would commit suicide. They said, no way. I think because it was reported that he was very adept at disuises.

by Anonymousreply 14408/17/2013

Those murders in the south, where the victims were left hanging on trees. Billie Holiday sang about it in "Strange Fruit".

by Anonymousreply 14508/17/2013

The Petit home invasion murders in Cheshire, CT is the one I can't get out of my head these days.

by Anonymousreply 14608/17/2013

Oprah gets to dine at the White House and I all got to do was eat at the Y.

by Anonymousreply 14708/17/2013

John Christie. His story was told in "10 Rillington Place". It happened in England. The movie came out in 1971.

by Anonymousreply 14808/17/2013

(R144) "Disguises".

by Anonymousreply 14908/17/2013

The motive in the Knoxville murders were the victims race. Because they were white it didn't get media attention.

by Anonymousreply 15008/17/2013

Ooops -- I'll try to post the Charles Manson piece again.

by Anonymousreply 15108/17/2013

Thanks to this thread, you made me watch the John Wayne Gacy movie with Brian Dennehey on YOuTube tonight. The one thing that stood out for me, was when the cops went to the psychic and she told them Gacy had absolutely no guilt in him. She said he thought he was smarter than anyone and he enjoyed tricking people and outsmarting them, and he felt no guilt at all. Dennehey was good, too. Otherwise it was a pretty cheap made for TV movie.

by Anonymousreply 15208/18/2013

r144 There were two interesting books on him: Three Month Fever, and Vulgar Favours.

The latter left a lot of questions unanswered about who used his services. Oh, and Versace was poz.

by Anonymousreply 15308/18/2013

[quote]Sorry, Olson's the "Beast of British Columbia" NOT "The National Monster of Canada."

The latter is a title reserved only for Celine Dion.

by Anonymousreply 15408/18/2013

The Dyatlov Pass autopsy photos are pretty gross.

Thank god I'm stoned and they've already almost completely vanished from my terrible short-term memory. (I forgot what it was I wanted to post about here for a minute before typing this.)

by Anonymousreply 15508/18/2013

how about Robert Picton? That story skeeves me out wayyyyyyy more than Clifford Olson

by Anonymousreply 15608/18/2013

R140, yikes!! That must have been a bit unsettling.

PS: Hope the rehab went well.

by Anonymousreply 15708/18/2013

r156, that whole case was haunting and evil for so many reasons.

Willie Pickton was *not* the only one involved. Several people knew what was going on, and did nothing.

by Anonymousreply 15808/18/2013

If you like this kind of thing, read the book called [bold]"Lustmord: The Writings and Artifacts of Murderers[/bold]

Freaked me OUT. But fascinating, all the same.

[italic]"Lustmord" is a compilation of essays, short stories, memoirs, confessions, letters, manifestoes, poetry, drawings, photographs and other works created by serial killers, mass murderers, cannibals, necrophiles, sexual sadists, psychopaths and assassins. These compelling, authentic documents are now available for the first time in one volume - an aesthetic testimony to the emotion and logic of a murderer's mind, a mind filled with terror and hatred, absurdity and horror, pathos and iniquity."[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 15908/18/2013

Oh yeah, R156 and R158 -- Robert Pickton was yet another serial killer in my town. I used to pass the infamous "pig farm" every day on my way to work at one time. I remember actually feeling an inner chill thinking of all the vile horrors he did to those poor women there.

Another older true crime murder that haunts me still is the Dorothy Stratten case because I actually knew her from school. This was before she became famous and her name was Dorothy Hoogstratten. She went to both of my junior and senior high schools. The Dairy Queen she worked at (and where she eventually met her murderer, Paul Snider) was right beside my doctor's office.

Her murder and her young life gone, plus the big black ants crawling on her dead body as I read in a true crime book, still gives me the eeriest feeling all these years later. It's not even because I liked her. I actually didn't, but no-one deserves to be murdered like that.

by Anonymousreply 16008/18/2013

The Dorothy Stratten murder case:

by Anonymousreply 16108/18/2013

6 Famous Unsolved Mysteries (With Really Obvious Solutions)

by Anonymousreply 16208/18/2013

The West Memphis Three. I wonder if they really did it?

by Anonymousreply 16308/18/2013

I've seen so many documentaries and shows like Criminal Minds that have the most horrible killings in them that it's hard to say what are the worst ones. Probably prolonged torturings are the most evil, because you know that the victim suffered before being killed.

Fred and Rosemary West were pretty horrible. For some reason it has sticked in my mind that Rosemary's father would come to visit them at their home and he would take her to the bedroom and have sex with her. The idea that Fred, and perhaps the kids, knew what happened seems just so... I don't know, sad. Of course she was certainly no angel, she was whoring and sometimes his husband was watching her with a client, but somehow I see her, at least partly, as a victim who was dealt the bad cards from the beginning. Of course she ended up being a homicidal sadist herself, so I'm not really shedding tears for her, but maybe for a little Rosemary before the horrors began.

When I was watching the documentary about them I remember wondering that how much child abuse is going on at the moment in the world. It was so normal in her life. It seems quite a lot of serial killers were molested which did something really bad to their morality.

by Anonymousreply 16408/18/2013

Does anyone remember the guy who was a very sick psychopath who traveled across the country and murdered people for no reason around the late 90s to the early 2000s? One victim was a young girl who was beheaded. There was a young couple who lived in a small trailer because they were young and poor. The lady was pregnant and this murderer broke into their trailer and savagely murdered the two of them and murdered the unborn baby ,which the lady pleaded with him not to kill. Two little girls, around 10 or 11 years old at the time, were best friends and one of them slept over night. the girl that was visiting slept on the bottom bunk bed. this same bastard broke into their bedroom window at night ,and stabbed the little girls violently slitting their throats. One of the two girls who miraculously survived , her throat was badly damaged. She bravely said in court, I want to testify against you because you killed my best friend, and I am speaking for her who can not testify in court because she is dead. The little girl was incredible and brave. They think the guy murdered thousands upon thousands of people over many years. When the police arrested him and interviewed him asking him questions, he would speak in various voices and his eyes would move strangely.Police and FBI think many cold cases are linked to him. He was one of thee most scary rotten criminals ever.

Does anyone remember a case in the 90s? which a pretty blond haired news anchor was supposed to show up for work and she disappeared? I don't recall what state this happened in. Apparently she lived in an apartment building, and they found her car in the parking lot ,and her hairdryer on the floor in her apartment near the front door. Some neighbor said they saw a strange van pulled up near the woman's apartment around the time of her disappearance. That was all the info they got. They think some creep was stalking her for a while and might have kidnapped her.

My mother's friend's husband's sister was mega wealthy and she had a really tragic life because everything was tragic in her life. This was in California Back in the 70s ,and her daughter was going to college, I forgot which college,in California.They found her daughter's body dumped near a wooded area near the school. She was raped and murdered. They didn't know who committed the crime ,but during that time, Ted Bundy was around that location and they think he murdered this lady's daughter.

I mentioned this before on DL. My sister moved into this studio apartment in the 80s ,which was really a scary place because she lived on the ground level, which had sliding glass doors leading to an adjacent public park, The building was three streets away from the freeway, and the hallway leading to the studio apartment was secluded and dark. My parents were pissed she was moving there because they felt it was totally unsafe, especially for a single young girl. My sister usually was not afraid of anything ,and she was incredibly tough. she thought it was no big deal at the time. She worked nights and went to school during the day. One, very late night, she drove to her car port as usual when she saw a masked figure hiding behind a car. She reversed her car back immediately and got out of there in a flash! She drove to the police station quickly and told them, but they were laughing at her. she drove back and parked her care running into her studio apartment, and locked everything. The next morning she went to her car and her window was bastard up. Apparently he was outside when she came back. BTW, This was at the time of the Night Stalker, and my sister said without a doubt it was him.

by Anonymousreply 16508/18/2013

R160 --- why didn't you like Dorothy Hoogstratten ??

by Anonymousreply 16608/18/2013

165 The missing anchor lived in Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 16708/18/2013

[R163] most of the evidence has shown (circumstantially) that victim Stevie Branch's step father (Terry Hobbs) was responsible, but due to the political assholery of the West Memphis judiciary system, they would have rather close the case than admit their mistakes in the investigation.

New evidence that the judge dismissed by refusing a new trial: -none of the accused had DNA on the bodies (but Terry Hobbs did) - the atrocious wounds to the boy's bodies were inflicted post mortem and not by human means; it was the work of turtles! - all three of the accused have alibis for the times of death, but not Terry Hobbs. - the forced/led confession of the mentally disabled accused was leaked o the press, thus tainting the jury. -the asst medical examiner (who described the satantic methods used to create the wounds) was not even certified.

by Anonymousreply 16808/18/2013

Two HOURS, R 127 ? That reddit link is great ... I can (and will) spend a lot of time there.

Here's a weird one ..... was she killed by her stalker ? Or was everything that happened to her self inflicted ? Including her death ?

by Anonymousreply 16908/18/2013

168 replies and no mention of this Colonel?

by Anonymousreply 17008/18/2013

Jodi Huientruit is the female news anchor r165 mentioned. It happened in Iowa in 1995. She disappeared from her apartment complex early one morning on her way to the station, and no trace has ever been found.

There have been several young, female news anchors over the years who have been stalked by psychos.

by Anonymousreply 17108/18/2013

One that still comes to mind now & then happened in 1974. Two teenage girls went missing & were later found dead. I lived next door to one of the girls but, there was about a 6 year age difference between us so I never really interacted with her beyond the occasional hello. Still, creepy to have known someone who was murdered so horribly.

by Anonymousreply 17208/18/2013

Going way back to the Victorin era: Belle Gunness, one of the first known female serial killers -

[quote]Standing six feet tall (183 cm) and weighing over 200 pounds (91 kg), she was a physically strong woman. She killed most of her suitors and boyfriends, and her two daughters, Myrtle and Lucy. She may also have killed both of her husbands and all of her children, on different occasions. Her apparent motives involved collecting life insurance, cash and other valuables, and eliminating witnesses. Reports estimate that she killed between 25 and 40 people over several decades.

Belle Gunness disposed of most of the bodies of the men she killed by dismembering them and feeding them to the hogs on her farm. Gunness ultimately killed her three children in their beds, dressed a decapitated female corpse (identity unknown) in her own clothing to fool the authorities into thinking it was her, and burned her house down to try and fake her own death. She then disappeared and her fate is unknown to this day.

by Anonymousreply 17308/18/2013

Chaim Weiss murder. He was killed in a boarding school, which was locked from both the inside and outside!

by Anonymousreply 17408/18/2013

Wow...reading about Belle Gunness on Wiki right now. It's amazing that she was able to kill so many without ever being caught. I've never heard of a female killer that chopped the victims up like that either.

by Anonymousreply 17608/18/2013

It was the Lorraine Kelly/Mary Ann Pryor case. They were killed together.

by Anonymousreply 17708/18/2013

VictorIAN era. Jesus Christ!

by Anonymousreply 17808/18/2013

[quote]Does anyone remember the guy who was a very sick psychopath who traveled across the country and murdered people for no reason around the late 90s to the early 2000s? One victim was a young girl who was beheaded. There was a young couple who lived in a small trailer because they were young and poor. The lady was pregnant and this murderer broke into their trailer and savagely murdered the two of them and murdered the unborn baby ,which the lady pleaded with him not to kill. Two little girls, around 10 or 11 years old at the time, were best friends and one of them slept over night. the girl that was visiting slept on the bottom bunk bed. this same bastard broke into their bedroom window at night ,and stabbed the little girls violently slitting their throats. One of the two girls who miraculously survived , her throat was badly damaged. She bravely said in court, I want to testify against you because you killed my best friend, and I am speaking for her who can not testify in court because she is dead. The little girl was incredible and brave. They think the guy murdered thousands upon thousands of people over many years. When the police arrested him and interviewed him asking him questions, he would speak in various voices and his eyes would move strangely.Police and FBI think many cold cases are linked to him. He was one of thee most scary rotten criminals ever.

Are you talking about the Railway Killer perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 17908/18/2013

r175: many, many gay men and lesbians are very into serial killer stories and true crime stories, me included. I have no idea why this is, but for whatever reasons gay men and lesbians have a particular interest in this kind of thing. I can't explain it at all.

And I am the most normal, mild-mannered person you could ever meet without a violent or crazy impulse whatsoever, and have never done anything even close to criminal behavior.

by Anonymousreply 18008/18/2013

Too bad this thread is only for murder fetishists for whom "EAR ONS' and "Jamie Bulger" are sufficient descriptions.

by Anonymousreply 18108/18/2013

I get creeped out by the Cindy James case. It happened in Richmond, BC. She claimed to have been stalked for years and was even attacked. She was found dead, with her arms and legs tied behind her. Police eventually said she did it to herself. Very, very creepy.

I'm proud to be from Vancouver but we have very strange crimes.

by Anonymousreply 18208/18/2013

I find it fascinating and it really bothers my bf who doesn't understand my fascination with true crime and the ID channel. I told him I should have been a CSI person.

by Anonymousreply 18408/18/2013

Cleveland Torso Murders.

by Anonymousreply 18508/18/2013

Scarsdale-born Indiana University student Lauren Spierer went missing after a night of bar-hopping (and drinking and doing coke)in Bloomington, Indiana.

All her friends she was with that night lawyered up and the police have no leads.

She vanished into thin air.

by Anonymousreply 18608/18/2013

The Bernardo/Homolka murders up in Canada. They abducted her sister played around with her sexually then she died choking on her own vomit and she wasn't the only one they captured. Homolka made a plea deal with the court to testify against Paul Bernardo. The police found videotapes they made of their killings and it seems that Homolka was just as culpable as Bernardo was. Now that filthy cunt is out of prison and is married and has kids. She should have been killed for what she had done.

by Anonymousreply 18708/18/2013

the Edmonton prostitute murders. I'm not sure they got the right guy.

by Anonymousreply 18808/18/2013

For me the most haunting case is The Black Dahlia murder. I have read almost everything written about it, and the weirdness attached to this case is completely disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 18908/18/2013

"Homolka made a plea deal with the court to testify against Paul Bernardo. The police found videotapes they made of their killings and it seems that Homolka was just as culpable as Bernardo was. Now that filthy cunt is out of prison and is married and has kids. She should have been killed for what she had done."

DLers love to hate Karla Homolka but Bernardo gets a free pass because he was a goodlooking white guy.

by Anonymousreply 19008/18/2013

Bullshit r190. She gets more comments because she got off easy. And who says he's good looking? Yours is the first DL post I've ever seen of that opinion.

by Anonymousreply 19108/18/2013

"And who says he's good looking? Yours is the first DL post I've ever seen of that opinion."

ROFLMAO. They were both widely described as goodlooking in the media...hence the nickname "Ken and Barbie"

by Anonymousreply 19208/18/2013

Bernardo doesn't get a "free pass." He's locked away, hopefully for life, as he should be. Homolka got off way too easy on a plea bargain. Moved to the Caribbean, changed her name, married her lawyer's brother and had children. Pretty sickening.

by Anonymousreply 19308/18/2013

Yes R192, but your contention was about DL, not the media reports at the time.

by Anonymousreply 19408/18/2013

Who the fuck would be crazy enough to marry that murdering bitch?

by Anonymousreply 19508/18/2013

Exactly, R195. Even worse is that he sired children with her.

by Anonymousreply 19608/18/2013

The Bag of Toys murder about Andrew Crispo and his henchman was particularly eerie. The book made me cringe. Crispo was evil.

by Anonymousreply 19708/18/2013

Despite the tragedy, I LOVE these threads. I always end up staying up into the wee hours of the night reading.

by Anonymousreply 19808/18/2013

R184 ... I got it from my mother. When I was young, she was a big reader (like I am) and she would read a lot of true crime books and pass them on. And she'd watch a lot of shows (like Oprah in the early days) that featured stories about victims of crime, convicts, authors, etc. It was a topic that we were able to discuss a lot. So, Thanks Mom .... "I learned it from you, okay ??"

by Anonymousreply 19908/18/2013

"It was so quiet, one of the killers would later say, you could almost hear the sound of ice rattling in cocktail shakers in the homes way down the canyon."

This has to be the best opening line from a true crime book ("Helter Skelter") ever written.

by Anonymousreply 20008/18/2013

Ohhh! You can watch Helter Skelter free on Yu Tube. Love it and yes, that line is one of the best, most descriptive lines in a true crime novel.

by Anonymousreply 20108/18/2013

You do know that the Dyatlov Pass victims were secret weapons testing victms?

by Anonymousreply 20208/18/2013

The murders of three middle-aged women at Starved Rock State Park in Illinois in 1960.

The gals had checked into the park lodge, ate lunch and then went for a hike where they were raped and murdered in a steep canyon in the park.

They were just 3 married ladies from the same church looking for a weekend of hiking and bird watching.

The creepiest part was that the killer left behind a camera belonging to one of the ladies with undeveloped photos of three women enjoying themselves just minutes before their violent demise.

by Anonymousreply 20308/18/2013

I've never heard of that one R203.

by Anonymousreply 20408/18/2013

The Oklahoma Girl Scout murders in 1977... Still unsolved...

by Anonymousreply 20508/18/2013

Ukraine's "Dnepropetrovsk maniacs", aka the guys behind the infamous "3 guys, 1 hammer" snuff video. These sick fucks would sneak up on children, pregnant women, and old men, and hit them in the back of the head with a sledgehammer. They'd later attend their victims' funerals, snapping pics of themselves in front of the coffin flipping it off. One poor victim was a cancer patient on his was to visit his grandchild. The murderers filmed themselves as they mutilated his face and body while he was still breathing. Just the audio of "3 guys 1 hammer" gave me nightmares.

I really hope they're being tortured in that Ukrainian prison they're in.

by Anonymousreply 20608/18/2013

Starved Rock is these days most visited State Park in Illinois, but for years after the brutal 1960 slayings everyone was afraid to go there.

by Anonymousreply 20708/18/2013

R189, do you live on LA? Esotouric does an amazing Black Dahlia tour of the city. Not sensational, but more of a window into Short's life and times. If you're a huge Dahlia buff, you should come to LA just for that is that good.

Esotouric also does a tour of LA hotels with grisly pasts, including the The Cecil where Elisa Lam was found.

by Anonymousreply 20808/18/2013

That Dahmer dude freaked me out. The dude had bodies in his fridge and acid tanks and was doing it with dead people.

Can anyone imagine if they showed up to party with someone for drinks and suddenly couldn't move but knew what was going on and a saw cranked up in high gear? That is freaky and would scare anyone.

All those listed here freak me out. I cannot figure out the mindset of a serial killer and not sure I want to try. It is an illogical mindset often from guilt of false Religious teachings that go against science that is why the States has the most serial killers.

Either way, I hope to never meet a serial killer but if I do, I can protect myself very well. At least I have security where I live such as real people for security.

by Anonymousreply 20908/18/2013

But r209, what about the homosex where the man go up into the man?

by Anonymousreply 21008/18/2013

Black Dahlia was cut in half. I saw the pic of her like that on TV and there was no warning that they were going to show it. I feel sorry for the mother and daughter who ran into her body on the street like that.

by Anonymousreply 21108/18/2013

They thought it was a store mannequin, so I doubt they were too haunted by it.

by Anonymousreply 21208/18/2013

We've talked about a lot of horrific murder cases here, but as far as I'm concerned, nothing, and no one compares to the absolute barbarity and depravity of the Dahmer murders.

The entire story makes me sick to my stomach to this day. I'm glad they killed him in prison. He was not human as far as I'm concerned. He ight have looked like a human, and imitated human behavior on the surface, but he was not the same species.

He was beyond sick. Not Gacy, or Baumeister, or anyone else, not Richard Speck or Ted Bundy, no one compares to Dahmer. He's in a class by himself. All these others are horrible,fascinating murder cases, but Dahmer is in a class all by himself. Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 21308/18/2013

Didn't Ted Bundy rape women with broken glass bottles? You almost wish there were a Hell, just for scum like him.

by Anonymousreply 21408/18/2013

The most disturbing part of the entire Dahmer case was the revelation that the cops pretty much gave Dahmer one of his victims back to him after he'd escaped. Dahmer lied that his 'boyfriend' was drunk, left with him and then killed him. Kid was about 14 years old.

by Anonymousreply 21508/18/2013

I was a kid when Dahmer was caught, and was totally freaked out by it. Still makes my skin crawl to this day.

by Anonymousreply 21608/18/2013

Yes, wasn't that the Filipino kid?

I never heard that abut Bundy, R214. I thought he just strangled them or bashed their brains in.

by Anonymousreply 21708/18/2013

No one's mentioned Lizzie Borden. That was one creepy afternoon of mayhem.

The house in now a B&B and you can spend the night in Lizzie's bedroom or - better yet - the bedroom where her stepmother's hacked up corpse was found!

by Anonymousreply 21808/18/2013

Debbie Harry claims to have once escaped Ted Bundy's clutches.

Says he offered her a ride in his car, but once she got in she immediately noticed that the door handle and lock had been removed!

by Anonymousreply 21908/18/2013

The tragic death of actor Danny Lockin, who played Barnaby Tucker in "Hello, Dolly!"

He went home with a guy he met at a gay bar and was tortured and stabbed over 100 times. And some say his murder was filmed for a snuff film.

by Anonymousreply 22008/18/2013

[quote]Debbie Harry claims to have once escaped Ted Bundy's clutches.

Really? I heard it was the reverse.

by Anonymousreply 22108/18/2013

This is one of the threatening calls Cindy James received. I don't believe she committed suicide.

by Anonymousreply 22208/18/2013

Oh, y'all. I just made the mistake of watching the "3 guys 1 hammer" video and am now despairing for the human race.

by Anonymousreply 22308/18/2013

1 of the earliest memories I have of being intrigued by a crime was the "Black Dhalia" case. I was just a kid. If anything, hearing about creepy murders and the freaks that committ them kept me and other kids safe! We were always so paranoid about getting attacked.

by Anonymousreply 22408/18/2013

R182 I never believed Cindy James was killed either, especially the way her hands were tied. I am bothered by a case from when I was in school. In wasn't famous. Her name was Cathy Pozzobon. At that time my home town was a small, well-to-do area known as a "horse community." There was a party in a field attemded by over fifty people and Cathy was found dead. On Tuesday, after the long weekend, her killing was the talk of my high school as people knew who did it. Nobody said anything, even though these were middle class and sheltered kids. The guy who did it was not from our school and it wasn't as though somebody from the Gambino family was going to wipe them out. Even ten years later at the reunion somebody got drunk and started to speak about it and somebody shushed him up immediately and said...."It was an accident." An accident! She was sexually assaulted and killed! I kept thinking that once people had their own families somebody would step forward and nobody did. My father knew her Dad. It was DNA that got the creep in the end. Right after that, her father died of cancer. The case troubled me because I knew some of those kids could be jerks as I had seen them bully others. This was the late '70's in if you were gay back then it wasn't easy. It astounded me that they wouldn't come forth.

by Anonymousreply 22508/18/2013

I just noticed the typos. I don't know what's up with my computer and I've just finished seven graveyard shifts. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 22608/18/2013

Moral of r138's post - never get mixed up with anyone from Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 22708/18/2013

Villisca Ax Murders

You can book a stay at the house.

by Anonymousreply 22808/18/2013

I've seen a number of cases profiled on TV recently where 1) it was a small town 2) a shy or unpopular person was wrongly accused and put in jail and 3) the whole town knew that the person in jail didn't do it, they knew who the real killer was, they did nothing to get the wrongly accused out of jail and the right person in jail instead.

THAT is scary. A whole town of people deciding that you are going to jail for something you didn't do because you're different, they don't like you, they like the killer better than you, or the killer has money or clout or something.

Then, in the televised cases, eventually some justice project type nonprofit goes in and figures it all out and gets it back in court, hopefully. Often the police and the district attorney are in on it. I'm not saying they ALL conspired to make it happen, most people who knew were just lazy and didn't want to make themselves a target of retribution.

But real evil doesn't just come from one person all the time. You want to see some scary shit, you put people together, then see what they do.

by Anonymousreply 22908/18/2013

R223 here. I'm still not over it. I seriously want to take some criminology classes to wrap my brain around what I just saw. WTF WTF WTF.

by Anonymousreply 23008/18/2013

The stories about people who disappeared into thin air under the most mundane circumstances have always freaked me out. That could happen to any one of us.

Maura Murray was a 21 year-old girl who may have been driving drunk when her car ran off the road in a rural stretch of New Hampshire back in '04. There was no cell reception in the area, so a passing bus driver told her he would call the cops as soon as he got to his house, which was just up the road.

When a state trooper arrived exactly 17 minutes later, Maura was gone without a trace. Police dogs lost her scent in the middle of the road, which means she was almost certainly forced into a vehicle by someone. It looked like a crime of opportunity - some random person just happened to be driving by and snatched her.

by Anonymousreply 23108/18/2013

The Boy in the Box

by Anonymousreply 23208/18/2013

R218, the murders actually happened in the morning. Right after the mutton stew and johnny cakes and molasses cookies.

And let's not forget the several pears that Lizzie ate up inside that hot, hot backyard barn!

by Anonymousreply 23308/19/2013

I love the Cindy James story. I think it was Unsolved Mysteries that did a great segment on the case. Love the reenactments.

If she did kill herself, that's got to be one of most bizarre and excruciatingly procrastinated suicides ever.

by Anonymousreply 23408/19/2013

R202, no, I don't think we knew that. What does that mean exactly?

by Anonymousreply 23508/19/2013

The murder of the Grimes sisters in Philadelphia. This case makes no sense: the two teenage girls were found weeks after they disappeared (after going to see an Elvis Presley movie), and were later determined by the coroner to have died the day they first disappeared. But many people repeated seeing them after that day, and they were seen to have been on a city bus and to have gotten off at a stop well before their house.

by Anonymousreply 23608/19/2013

I heard that Wanda Sykes fingered the perp!

by Anonymousreply 23708/19/2013

Bump for creepiness.

by Anonymousreply 23808/19/2013

The murder of an entire family in the early '20s on a remote, lonely farm in Bavaria is know as "The Hinterkaifeck Case".

One of the most notorious unsolved crimes in modern German history.

Involved a rich widow, an absentee father, possible incest, a murdered baby and corpses carefully positioned inside a barn that were undiscovered for days.

It is the very essence of "creepy".

by Anonymousreply 23908/19/2013

EAR/ONS sounds like an infomercial product.

by Anonymousreply 24008/19/2013

The big book about Versace and Cunanan, "Vulgar Favors," was by Maureen Orth (Vanity Fair writer, wife of Tim Russert, mother of Luke Russert), and her tone veered between disgust and outright homophobia. It had the white-glove Republican-lady tone of a Peggy Noonan, and it really spoiled a book that could've been fascinating and haunting.

by Anonymousreply 24108/19/2013

Did Elisa Lam have a history of mental health issues? Because that behavior in the elevator is either drugged or schizophrenic.

by Anonymousreply 24208/19/2013

Weird, r239. Even stranger that the recent investigation findings are being kept secret. Why?

by Anonymousreply 24308/19/2013

A Datalounge favorite on other threads that hasn't come up on this one is the unexplained murder of Senator Charles Percy's daughter Valerie in the family's Chicago lakeside mansion during the middle of her father's Senate campaign in 1966.

The chief detective behind the investigation has said that it almost certainly wasn't a home intruder caught unaware (as many people have claimed), because nothing in the mansion was stolen and Valerie was stabbed a total of fourteen times (thieves caught in the act will not repeatedly attack someone catching them like that--they're too scared). He's convinced whoever did it came into the house specifically to kill her. But when he was called to the house to invetigate the day after the murder happened, the crime scene had been completely cleaned up and compromised, like in the JonBenet Ramsey case.

by Anonymousreply 24408/19/2013

R244, There are older DL threads on Valerie Percy's murder. Are there any new leads? Is it worth it to bump up an older thread?

by Anonymousreply 24508/19/2013

Where can I go to read all the chilling details of the Valerie Percy murder? Wikipedia is completely unhelpful on this one!

by Anonymousreply 24608/19/2013

The Chowchilla bus kidnappers really scares me.

by Anonymousreply 24708/19/2013

There's this one. Don't know if it was mentioned already. I loved the movie with Tony LoBianco.

by Anonymousreply 24808/19/2013

Oops. Wrong crime.

I was talking about the Honeymoon Killers in Valley Stream.

by Anonymousreply 24908/19/2013

Why don't you just Reread this thread?

by Anonymousreply 25108/19/2013

Because this thread was interesting enough on its own. We aren't the living memory of DL the way you are.

by Anonymousreply 25208/19/2013

I started watching "The Honeymoon Killers" on Youtube.

What a riot! It has the look and feel of a cross between a John Waters/Divine movie and "Erasurehead".

Supposedly Truffaut considered it his favorite American movie.

And it stars DORIS ROBERTS as an unmarried Alabama spinster!

by Anonymousreply 25308/19/2013

Or this thread

by Anonymousreply 25408/19/2013

Is that true, {253}?

by Anonymousreply 25508/19/2013

What's the update on that man who supposedly fell overboard on his honeymoon? His wife was gambling, and there were rumors of Russian Mob and drug use.

by Anonymousreply 25608/19/2013

[quote]I started watching "The Honeymoon Killers" on Youtube.

With the stars Art Carney. Audrey Meadows. And Charles Manson.

by Anonymousreply 25708/20/2013

The latest in the George Smith murder. I actually think one of the three Russians cracked and said something he didn't realize was incriminating.

by Anonymousreply 25808/20/2013

Tate-Labianca wins on weirdness alone.

The case of Linda Sobek being lured by a photographer into the Angeles forest and then being murdered was chilling. The Angeles Forest in general is scary.

by Anonymousreply 25908/20/2013

R108 You are right, Sharon Tate's baby was not cut from her stomach but does anyone remember that crackpot who came forward calling herself Rosie Tate Polanski and claimed she was cut from Sharon's stomach and taken away from the crime scene. Bill Garretson, who was the caretaker of the house, actually believed her. I know that man must have been mentally scarred to a heavy degree by the murders but God only knows how he believed her.

by Anonymousreply 26008/21/2013

I saw a fairly recent interview with Garritson. He seemed mildly retarded, but remember that Krenwinkel actually turned the knob on the door of the caretaker's house where he was staying (for some reason she decided at the last second not to enter), he apparently saw this, and the memory probably fucked him up for life.

by Anonymousreply 26108/21/2013

R261 Was that the E True Hollywood Story interview? I remember seeing it back in the late 90s and I only remember Garritson saying that he heard one of the victims say "Stop I'm already dead."

by Anonymousreply 26208/21/2013

I'm reading the new Manson bio, and as it is told there Tex told her to go to the guest house and see if anyone was there, but she really didn't want to, so she headed in that direction until out of sight, waited a few minutes, and then came back and told him she checked and found the guest house empty.

by Anonymousreply 26308/21/2013

The disappearance of Samuel Todd.

by Anonymousreply 26408/21/2013

Garretson and victim Steven Parent were also both gay 18 y/o boys hooking up with one another. Sure, the official story is that Steven Parent went to Cielo Drive to sell William Garretson a "clock radio." Pfft, sure. Who is going to sell a clock radio at 12 midnight?

Poor Steve Parent: talk about wrong place, wrong time and quickie from hell.

Both had gay relations noted prior in the investigation files.

by Anonymousreply 26508/21/2013

No mention of the Carr brothers

by Anonymousreply 26608/21/2013

Charles Starkweather, (November 24, 1938--June 25, 1959)

Murdered 11 people in the late '50s in the Nebraska/Wyoming area. A 2 month murder spree between December 1957 and January, 1958). His female companion was kidnapped teenager, Caril Ann Fugate. She survived.

He resembled James Dean, the actor.

by Anonymousreply 26708/21/2013

Myra Hindley's fashion sense always haunted me. White bleach job with a pink rinse!

by Anonymousreply 26808/21/2013

For something to be "eerie/scary" to me, it has to have some macabre aspect. Something gross and despicable. I mean, yes, it's terrible when people get murdered, and Starkweather running around shooting people was terrible, but I still have to say nothing comes close to Jeffrey Dahmer.

by Anonymousreply 26908/21/2013

Those backpacker murders in Australia, committed by Ivan Milat. The movie Wolf Creek was loosely based on them.

Also, the Marc Dutroux case in Belgium.

by Anonymousreply 27008/21/2013

I think we may have an explanation for the murderous rage of DL fave and perennial hottie Joran van Der Sloot...micropenis.

by Anonymousreply 27108/21/2013

Marc Dutroux was a male prostitute, servicing men for many years in his early twenties.

by Anonymousreply 27208/22/2013

Poor Steve Parent really was the worst case of 'wrong place, wrong time.' He was in his car at the end of the driveway waiting for the gate to open and at the exact same moment the killers walked from the street onto the driveway and shot him. If that poor kid had left just 10 seconds earlier he would've gotten out of there. It really was a matter of seconds, and just the worst luck in the world.

And yes, I've always thought his meeting up with Garritson at such a late hour just screamed "hook-up." I think Garritson just made up the clock radio story or whatever he said to avoid embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 27308/22/2013

No - there was a clock radio. It was in Parent's car. It was stopped at roughly the estimated time of the murders.

Police surmised that Parent had set the clock to the correct time when showing it to Garretson and unplugged it right before he left.

by Anonymousreply 27408/22/2013

r273, I think the Civil War re-enacter/park guard who was killed by Andrew Cunanan takes that title.

Also, the German woman who was saved from a street attack by a passer-by. Unfortunately for her, the passer-by was a serial killer who bludgeoned her to death.

by Anonymousreply 27508/22/2013

R265--I've never heard of a gay hook-up between Parent and Gerritson before. Where did you read about this?

by Anonymousreply 27608/22/2013

R28--my parents-in-law knew the Clutter parents; my father-in-law sold farm equipment to Herb Clutter and socialized with him and his wife. I can't recall the Clutter mother's first name, but my in-laws both said she was very religious and deeply concerned that my in-laws weren't Protestant Christians (they are Catholic.) My mother-in-law remembers being distinctly uncomfortable in Mrs. Clutter's company--she was very intense and socially awkward. Capote captured this in "In Cold Blood." The poor woman suffered some sort of mental illness.

She also was the last to die. She heard her family massacred, one by one, as she lay tied up in her bed.

I'm glad Hickock and Smith were hanged. They deserved it.

It amazes me that some people bring such light and joy to the world and others bestow only darkness, pain and sorrow. Waaah, daddy raped me. Boo-hoo, mommy beat me. For God's sake, DEAL WITH IT. Or kill your molesting daddy and abusive mommy, but don't take it out on everyone else!

by Anonymousreply 27708/22/2013

Wow, R264, that is so weird. What could've possibly happened to him, it doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 27808/22/2013

R266--a brutal, terrible crime. Those brothers were unbelievably cruel, ugly wastes of space.

by Anonymousreply 27908/22/2013

The main thing reading about these cases leaves me with is a very strong pro-death-penalty feeling. I'm a liberal who is aligned with the Democratic party on pretty much every single other issue, but not this one - these monsters deserve to die, not to live out their lives in prison. And without this bullshit of appeals that take 15, 20, 25 years - resolve any reasonable appeals in a speedy manner, and then carry out the sentence. I was just shocked to read that it took over fourteen years for John Wayne Gacy's death sentence to be carried out - John Wayne Gacy, for Christ's sake! What in hell were his appeals based on??

by Anonymousreply 28008/22/2013

The murders committed by Albert Fish and Peter Kürten

by Anonymousreply 28108/22/2013

r287 has had the LAST WORD. SUBJECT CLOSED!

by Anonymousreply 28808/22/2013

Charlie Brandt was haunting. He killed his pregnant mom when he was 15 and tried to kill his sister too. He was sent to a mental institution until he was 18, when he was released.

He married someone who had no idea about his background. She had a lovely niece who was close to the couple and they existed peacefully for over a decade. Charlie then decided to kill both his wife and his niece-in-law in a truly horrific manner and then hang himself from the garage rafters.

It was only after this incident that the truth about what he had done when he was 15 became public. His sister says she secretly lived in fear of him for 30 years and always knew he was capable of doing it again.

He is now suspected in several other murders in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 28908/22/2013

Does America have more than its fair share of these types?

by Anonymousreply 29008/23/2013

I was in college when the Newsom/Christian murders happened and a high school friend of mine was attending college in Tennessee. He sent me an invite to an Facebook group set up to get the more national media attention for the victims' families. I remember the group had thousands of members from around the country. The group posted several of Tennessee newspaper articles.I was sickened when I read what that couple went through.

I didn't know about the Petit murders until the recent HBO documentary.

by Anonymousreply 29108/23/2013

I remember the Charlie Brandt case from 48 Hours. He really did look like the guy next door. I know they say that about a lot of serial killers, but most of them still have a hint of crazy behind the eyes. The only thing about Charlie that should have set off alarm bells was the female anatomy chart he had up in his bedroom. He cut out the hearts of the women he killed.

by Anonymousreply 29208/23/2013

(R269) "Eerie/Scary"? Nationanally, people of all races were terrified of this traveling serial murderer. His "All-American" looks back then, as well as his teenaged companion helped him get away with it for a time. His victims were probably paralyzed with fear of this demonic young man.

by Anonymousreply 29308/23/2013

Yes we do, R290. As I recall, from back in the days when I took an active interest in these things, the only country that comes close to the US in extra-sick and serial murderers is Germany. At least that was the finding back then. Russia was on the way up the list, they may have surpassed the Germans by now - but they haven't surpassed the US. We're Number One!

On another, oddly related, note - I am disturbed that our white supremacist interlopers are, once again, using a perfectly good thread to spread their insane garbage.

Here's a fact for you, sheetboys, the vast majority of sickos and serial killers are white males between the ages of 18 and 34. BY A HUGE MARGIN THEY ARE SICK FUCK WHITE BOYS.

So put that on your cross and burn it, asswipes. Trying to gin up outrage over a couple of horrendous black on white crimes isn't going to change the facts. White males are the biggest sick fuck murderous animals on this planet.

My sincere apologies to white men who are not homicidal maniacs. These stormfront halfwits light my fucking fuse.

by Anonymousreply 29408/23/2013

It might have been mentioned in this thread before, but does anyone remember the name of that woman in Texas IIRC, who killed another woman with an axe and was acquitted?

by Anonymousreply 29508/26/2013

Well, r294 serial killers are known to have above-average intelligence and are extremely clever. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 29608/26/2013

R295 .... Candy Montgomery was the killer. Betty Gore (irony, much ??) was the victim.

There was also a book about the case, called (I think) "Act Of Love"

Trivia fact ---I believe it was co-written by the guy who 'played' Joe Bob Briggs.

by Anonymousreply 29708/26/2013

Sorry, the book is titled 'Evidence Of Love', not 'Act Of Love'

by Anonymousreply 29808/26/2013

That 1922 murder in Germany that was linked by r239 owns this thread for me. Although there are a few others which comes close. The German story gets more eerie as you do research on the internet about it.

by Anonymousreply 29908/26/2013

You know, I recall a movie based on a true story about a serial killer in Soviet Russia. Starred Donald Sutherland and Stephen Rhea. This guy must have killed at least 20 people, and the authorities kept denying anything like a serial killer existed in their perfect Communist society.

It took years to find the guy and the young detective who was obsessed with finding him paid a high price professionally. My point is, in an authoritarian society, closed off from the rest of the world, there's really no way to know if they refuse to acknowledge it exists.

by Anonymousreply 30008/26/2013

[quote]"Vulgar Favors," was by Maureen Orth...and her tone veered between disgust and outright homophobia. It had the white-glove Republican-lady tone of a Peggy Noonan

So funny and so true. It's like the life of Robert Mapplethorpe as written by Nancy Reagan. (Actually, given Nancy's love of cocksucking and her many gay friends, she might have done a better job.)

I've never seen a biographer and a subject less suited to each other. At one point, Orth apparently believes that the terms top and bottom refer to physical positions. You really have to read it to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 30108/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 30208/29/2013

It's not a murder case per se, but the Johnny Gosch/Jeff Gannon/Franklin Cover-Up story gives me the creeps. A couple times a year or so I get caught up in an internet black hole reading all about the case.

by Anonymousreply 30308/29/2013

You better watch mentioning that one, R303. That one is still going on, with some powerful men pulling the strings.

by Anonymousreply 30508/31/2013

After reading these I could never live in the country completely out of view of others.

Then again, ones like the Candy Man happened in urban areas. Screw it, now I'm not going to visit new friends at their place ever again either!

by Anonymousreply 30608/31/2013

The Gosch/Franklin case is creepy but Gannon most assuredly has nothing to do with it. Gannon is confirmed to be James D. Guckert, Conneaut Lake High School class of '75 (he even helped organize thier 35th reunion). He's 12 years older than Gosch, whose mentally ill mother started the wild theory based on a slight physical resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 30709/03/2013

A high school classmate of mine, died the winter after graduation. She had broken up with her violent boyfriend. Her car was found off the road in snow that had fallen before she was last seen. No footprints were visible around the car. She had no marks or tox results, but appeared to have suffocated. The electric in the car had shorted out. The results were inconclusive on her death certificate. The boyfriend had said he was going to get her.

by Anonymousreply 30809/03/2013

Is anything that the mother said possibly true? Or all delusion? She said that Gosch visited her several times as an adult, along with a 'handler', to tell her to stop publicizing his case. That he was part of a large child sex ring involving 'big name' people that would get her killed if she caused problems.

by Anonymousreply 30909/03/2013

R310, then nothing compares with the Richard Speck murders. I was a little kid. I remember everyone in my family being horrified by that event.

No one could get their head around the fact that there were eight women at home when it happened. Nine counting the survivor.

With so many people in the house, and I don't think it was the middle of the night, not sure about that though. But he went in there a slaughtered eight people. Terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 31109/04/2013

R309 It is hard to know what to believe from his mother. Her account just seems crazy. One of the others who claims he was kidnapped, Paul Bonacci, has a very long "debriefing" interview on Youtube. I didn't watch it all but it was pretty chilling.

by Anonymousreply 31209/04/2013

Wheeeeeeeeee ...... I ordered a copy of a used book about the Cindy James case from Amazon and it came today .... I want to hurt myself and tell others that I was attacked. Kidding !!!

by Anonymousreply 31309/04/2013

R311, weren't the victims all or mostly Filipina nurses?

by Anonymousreply 31409/04/2013

Bump for poor Johnny Gosch's even poorer Mother.

by Anonymousreply 31611/22/2013

more stories!

by Anonymousreply 31701/08/2014

If I was Johnny Gosch's mother it would have driven me insane,especially seeing that photo

by Anonymousreply 31801/08/2014

What is it with women where 8 women can wait around to be tied up? You know what I'm talking about, the "Please don't hurt me I'll do anything just please don't hurt me" thing?

by Anonymousreply 31901/08/2014

Ed Gein. Nothing like killing a couple of people and wearing their body parts like clothes.

Sawney Bean - no-one seems to quite know if it's truth or myth, but GEESUS.

by Anonymousreply 32001/08/2014

Neither the Jack the Ripper nor Black Dahlia cases were ever truly solved, as no one individual was ever captured nor prosecuted for those crimes. THAT is eerie & haunting...

Joseph List was a NJ father, quiet & religious man by all accounts, who suddenly murdered his wife & their 2 teenaged kids, at Christmastime, back in the early 1970s. He then disapppeared.

I don't remember the details, but he was caught like 30 yrs later, completely by accident, I believe. Something like a traffic stop or whatever. I remember this case when I was a kid, as being particularly disturbing, as it "came out of nowhere", happened at Christmastime & that he just vanished into thin air.

by Anonymousreply 32101/08/2014

The murder that Andrew Crispo, the Wall Street investor was involved in.Crispo had tortured held other young gay men but this time he ordered one to be killed.Can you imagine being picked up with promises of fun,sex etc so on and the you are bound and gagged and then shot to death? The dead student's body was found burned with the bondage mask still on.What a chilling scenario to say the least.

I wonder if anyone here had ever encountered Crispo at any gay bars in NYC? He went free after that murder(but went to jail for other problems after that time) and I wonder what the fuck he was telling people "what really happened."

by Anonymousreply 32201/08/2014

Cant recall the details, but recently read an article about unsolved murders in North America.

One story that totally creeped me out, was about a lonely stretch of Canadian wilderness, in British Columbia I think, where many bodies have been found, over the course of many years & where many people have disappeared, never to be seen again.

The authorities have no earthly clue (at least publicly), as to why or how this is happening.

Does this story ring a bell with anyone? I'm going to see if I can find the actual story.

by Anonymousreply 32301/08/2014

R323, The British Columbia serial killer situation you describe, is called The Highway of Tears Murders. Something like 20+ murders over the course of 40 yrs. That are known, there could be many more.

Most remain unsolved, authorities claim to be stumped as to who or why it's happening. Some victims disappear & are never found.

by Anonymousreply 32401/08/2014

I love when these threads get bumped.

R321 ...... the List story was the basis of the movie 'The Stepfather'. He was caught after America's Most Wanted aired the story with an aged version of what he looked like present day. A neighbor recognized him and called into the hotline.

R322 .....there was a book on the Crispo case. It is called 'Bag Of Toys'.

by Anonymousreply 32501/08/2014

[quote]Does this story ring a bell with anyone? I'm going to see if I can find the actual story.

There was an episode of 48 Hours about the Highway of Tears that was rerun recently. It's still online.

by Anonymousreply 32701/08/2014

I wonder if the killer 'highway of tears' is in law enforcement or some sort of sick conspiracy between two men

by Anonymousreply 32801/08/2014

R326..thank you. I had forgotten that List also killed his own mother in the spree.

by Anonymousreply 32901/09/2014

by Anonymousreply 33001/10/2014

R328, I don't think that is the case. That stretch of highway is about 500 miles long and in many places is desolate. Many of the women who disappeared were hitchhiking, which while illegal in British Columbia, is still fairly common. Some of the women disappeared while walking home along the highway. Some bodies were found decades after the woman had disappeared, some bodies have yet to be found. Almost all of these are stranger murders. One suspect was arrested after his vehicle was found near a murder site, and he is linked to four murders, but he was too young (23) to have committed many of the other murders. A suspect was identified in another murder, but there is not enough evidence to charge him, and an Oregon man who died in prison in the U.S. has been linked to at least four of the deaths (the first in 1969), with DNA evidence in at least one case. However, most cannot be tied to him as he was in jail when many of the women disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 33101/14/2014

R331: I tend to think there is more than one killer on the Highway of Tears, as they have been happening since 1969 (maybe even earlier, who really knows). Maybe there's a conspiracy, maybe it's just a good place for multiple, yet individual, serial killers to operate

Even though perps were arrested & jailed for specific killings, the murders continued. I think the most recent case was in 2011.

Personally, I have no idea why anyone would wander alone through such a large desolate area.

I've been to western Canada, the forests & mountains near Banff & Jasper. It is NOT a place I'd trek through alone, or get lost in.

by Anonymousreply 33201/14/2014

any updates re: Johnny Gosch? what does DL think happened?

by Anonymousreply 33301/14/2014

I remember the John List case and what really creeped me out was that he remarried during the time he was evading the law.

by Anonymousreply 33401/14/2014

R332, I agree with you, that there is more than one killer involved. I think in most cases, these were crimes of opportunity, although of the two killers known, one had killed four women, and one is suspected in several deaths.

I live in Alberta, and I have traveled those very highways since childhood. You are correct, they definitely are not places to be alone. One can drive for a hundred miles without seeing another vehicle or person, and often, there is no cell availability.

I think there is a sort of false sense of security among the women, because the towns are smaller communities where people know each other, but often, the types of work available there are good paying, with little formal education required, so the communities tend to attract transient types.

by Anonymousreply 33501/14/2014

Out of curiosity, and in my spare time, I have been assembling a spreadsheet of killers and their zodiac signs.

It is attached if anyone else is curious.

by Anonymousreply 33601/14/2014

The Amityville Horror house murders

by Anonymousreply 33701/14/2014

When I was in college, at the University of Pennsylvania, quite a long time ago, two men opened a pipe and tobacco shop on campus. I actually bought a pipe there. One of the two lured to his apartment a cute Penn student, whom he and two neighborhood teenagers did horrible things to. I don't recall if it was supposed to be a murder, because there was this one detail: the tobacconist was trying to get the student on his feet, but he was unconscious, and, in a fury, the tobacconist poured Drano or something like that down the student's throat. Then this shocking detail: the two teens excused themselves, saying they had to go home to dinner. I know the tobacconist fled to New York but was caught. Get this: someone spotted him attending a matinee of Fiddler on the Roof. I still recall reading that in the DP (the college newspaper). So the culprit was caught, but I don't know what happened to him or his two assistants.

I do find it interesting that, the moment someone upthread asked why that indescribably cruel murder of the two white kids by blacks never became widely known, the typical enraged liberal pushed in screaming, "Racist! Racist! Racist!" If it weren't for the Republicans' heartlessness toward people in need, their homophobia, and the generally cretinous attitude toward science, I don't think a Democrat could win an election for dog catcher. The race mania of the left is truly insane.

by Anonymousreply 33801/14/2014

The Springfield Three disapperance is a very haunting case.

by Anonymousreply 33901/14/2014

R322, I met a guy at a party who hooked up with Crispo. I guess it was an internet arrangement. When the guy opened the door and saw it was Crispo, he was stunned. With perfect timing, Crispo deadpanned, " I was never convicted."... apparently the sex was hot.

by Anonymousreply 34001/14/2014

Andrew Crispo wasn't a Wall Street investor. He was an art dealer and had his own gallery. My ex used to be a director at Christie's auction house in the 80s and knew him personally. Said he was a handsome dapper daddy type but that there was something unsettling and off about his demeanor.

Rumors of his nefarious activities started to circulate well before he was ever arrested.

The man is still around nyc and is known to cruise guys online and ask them when they show up at his door "do you know who I am? are you scared?"

by Anonymousreply 34101/14/2014

Interesting that Andrea Yates was a Cancer I know they're supposed to be the best mothers but all the ones I've known are more like psychotic smothers who seem to resent their children subconsciously.

by Anonymousreply 34201/14/2014

This murder always creeped me out because all the details were spooky. An abandoned hotel & creepy caretaker. And what's even creepier they found her sister murdered over a decade later. The details of that crime can be found at the bottom of the page.

by Anonymousreply 34301/17/2014

Re: Johnny Gosch : A new film titled "Who Took Johnny" will be premiering tomorrow at the SlamDance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. There is a trailer up at

Sounds promising. See info at link at

by Anonymousreply 34401/17/2014

Regarding the Knoxville torture murders: Letalvis Cobbins testifies.

by Anonymousreply 34501/17/2014

Here's the trailer link:

by Anonymousreply 34601/17/2014

The Johnny Gosch documentary looks good. I'll watch it when/if it's available online.

Has anyone been following the case of Albrecht Muth, who was just convicted of killing his socialite wife? What a weirdo and a con man...kind of like his fellow countryman Clark Rockefeller. Muth is either bi or gay and one of his male hookups took out a restraining order against him. The wife was more than 40 years older than him. Anyone know if this case has been covered by 48 Hours or Dateline yet?

by Anonymousreply 34701/17/2014

R343, I remember that crime, as I live in Edmonton. The hotel was much smaller than it appears in the photo. It was in the inner city, and it was being demolished partly because of the crime there.

The sister was likely murdered by a serial killer. Suspicion is the murderer was Thomas Svekla, who was convicted of the murder of one prostitute. There was nothing that could tie him to the murders of others, but the frequency of prostitute murders lessened after Svekla's arrest. He has been classified a dangerous offender, so likely will never leave prison.

by Anonymousreply 34801/17/2014

I used to live in Edmonton r348 it's a very underrated city imho. I spent a lot of time in that area.

by Anonymousreply 34901/17/2014

WEHT the pig farmer in Canada who slaughtered people - I think it was mostly prostitutes - and fed them to his hogs? I know he was taken by the police but is he still in prison? Dead?

by Anonymousreply 35001/17/2014

R350, yes he will die in prison. His name is Robert Pickton. He still claims he is innocent, despite overwhelming evidence.

by Anonymousreply 35201/17/2014

r342 that caught my interest too, when I researching it.

[quote]The man is still around nyc and is known to cruise guys online and ask them when they show up at his door "do you know who I am? are you scared?"

Now THAT is fucked up. Anyone have birthdate info on Crispo?

by Anonymousreply 35301/18/2014

Murder is on the wayne.

by Anonymousreply 35401/18/2014

The Rostov Ripper, Andrei Chikatilo. His son took over the family business too, years later.

by Anonymousreply 35501/18/2014

In 2004 an engaged young couple of Christian camp counselers were shot to death in their sleeping bags while camping on the beach up in Sonoma County near the Russian River. Very Zodiac-like and it has never been solved. That area has always had a spooky vibe to me. Lots of weirdos living back in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 35601/18/2014

R353 Oh he's a Sag honey. They are the craziest! Give me a fucking break with the zodiac. AC is Italian American, God knows how he grew up. Stop looking at some mythological bullshit and start looking at the real reason why someone becomes murderous. You don't believe in the goddess Ishtar do you? Then why the fuck do you believe in the horoscope?

by Anonymousreply 35701/18/2014

A woman in Canada was suspected of killing a man who was her boyfriend, and eventual husband. Killed their child too. Everyone knew she did it, but could never prove it. She was in and out of prison several times, due to lax laws. Can't remember the names. The guy was a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 35901/18/2014

Not a murder, but R343 reminded me of another crime that took place on the Prairies. A man was tortured for 18 months by his roommate, left disfigured and with a brain injury,

by Anonymousreply 36001/18/2014

Oh help me out here - there is a true crime where a woman was being stalked and assaulted over a period of time and no one believed her. She was found once bleeding and unconscious. She called the cops several times, begging them for help but after awhile they just thought she was a headcase. Even her friends began to doubt her - though she'd always have fresh bruises.

Then one day she was found strangled. No witnesses. Nothing.

Ugh this is driving me nuts. Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 36101/18/2014

361 that would be Cindy James ,just found about it on this thread.The Snowtown Murders are horrid and the movie is fantastic.Danial Henshaw the actor who plays John bunting is pure genius in the role.

by Anonymousreply 36201/18/2014

by Anonymousreply 36301/18/2014

Cold case, never solved and frightened New England children for years afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 36401/18/2014

R359, you may be thinking of this case:

by Anonymousreply 36501/19/2014

The Keith Warren case is pretty haunting.

by Anonymousreply 36601/19/2014

That Unsolved Mystery wiki at R366 creeps me out. Sooooooooooo many unsolved murders. YIKES.

by Anonymousreply 36701/19/2014

by Anonymousreply 36801/23/2014

Wow, that IS creepy R366. Seems the police are hiding something about it.

by Anonymousreply 36901/23/2014

Very disturbing R366. Also very sad that the boy's mother passed away before she could get justice for her son.

by Anonymousreply 37001/23/2014

Keith looks like he may have a little sugar in him.

I'm just sayin

by Anonymousreply 37101/23/2014

I'm watching the Dahmer Files right no so creepy.

by Anonymousreply 37201/23/2014

Re Cindy James, she wasn't strangled. She died of an overdose of morphine and other drugs. She was found in front of someone's house, with hands and feet tied. There was a black stocking tied around her neck, but she wasn't strangled with it.

I don't know, but if you read the descriptions of the case, there absolutely is a case to be made that she was crazy and killed herself.

by Anonymousreply 37301/24/2014

The lynching of two black men on August 7, 1930 prompted Abel Meeropo, a Bronx school teacher, to compose "Strange Fruit," He also wrote the lyrics. He used a pen name his membership in the Communist Party presenting various problems

Indiana was not in the deep south, but in attitudes? In the 30s? No real difference.

The black men were in jail accused of murdering a man as part or a lovers' land robbery gone bad. The police chief and mayor were complicit. The mayor remained a city politico for many years -- into the 1960s at least.

I knew some members of the lynch mob almost certainly, but I didn't figure that out until decades later after they were al gone..

There are several good books on the subject. "Murder in the Heartland" is one. Another young black man escaped by some miracle and wrote a book recently published just before his death.

Never again.

by Anonymousreply 37401/25/2014

The Elisa Lam video is freaky as hell!

Considering she was found decomposing in the hotel water tank..... in the video, when she's standing outside the elevator, only half visible, what she does is making swimming movements!!!

What the hell was that?? I'm freaking out here!

by Anonymousreply 37501/28/2014

This crazy man-hating cunt.

by Anonymousreply 37601/28/2014

^ Serial killer Joanna Dennehy posed for a series of chilling photos while she was on the run from police after butchering three men.

Dennehy and her alleged accomplice Gary Richards took the pictures just hours before she set off to stab two more innocent victims.

The 31-year-old has admitted knifing three men in the heart and dumping their bodies in ditches near Peterborough, Cambs.

The remains of John Chapman, 56, Lukasz Slaboszewski, 31, and Kevin Lee, 48, discovered in March and April last year.

by Anonymousreply 37701/28/2014

I think Elisa Lam was crazy, and was making those weird gestures because she was delusional.

by Anonymousreply 37801/28/2014

The disappearance of the Beaumont children in Adelaide, Australia.

Adelaide is one of the creepiest cities in the world. It is incredibly isolated, and there are so many murders and unexplained disappearances there.

by Anonymousreply 38001/28/2014

The "Trail of Tears" highway in British Columbia scares the crap outta me. Anybody ever driven up there or familiar with that stretch of Canadian country? I'd be terrified to drive alone around there (especially if I were a woman).

by Anonymousreply 38102/01/2014

That the Amityville family, the DeFeos, showed no signs of having been drugged, yet they were all found shot dead with a shotgun to their back while they all slept on their stomachs. And no neighbors heard all those shotgun blasts?

by Anonymousreply 38202/02/2014

Years ago there was a brutal murder in my home town in Pennsylvania. A man took a shotgun and murdered his estranged wife, their three children, and his wife's uncle. Before he committed the murders he sat next door in a local coffee shop and told everyone that they were getting back together and moving to Florida. After he murdered them he ran back into the coffee shop screaming that someone murdered his family. The funeral was held at a church a block away from where I lived. I will never forget the sight of five white hurses lined up one after the other on the day of the funeral. The husband was tried and convicted, and sentenced to life in prison without parole.

by Anonymousreply 38302/02/2014

There has been speculation that one of the DeFeo daughters helped Ron Jr. commit the murders of the parents and other siblings and he killed her afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 38402/02/2014

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 38502/02/2014

I think Shanda Sharer murder was terrible. she was a 12 yo girl that got involved with a 16 years old girlfriend called Amanda. Amanda already had a girldriend that got too jealous and invited other 3 friends to torture and kill Shanda until they burn her alive. Very cruel

by Anonymousreply 38602/02/2014

I know that the second Amityville movie, loosely based on the DeFeos, insinuated that there was incest going on with either the father or Ronnie. But why would she lie down on the bed willingly to get shot in the back? Why not make a run for it? Ronnie, in interviews, has a bit of Manson looney quality going on. I doubt Ronnie has ever - or will ever - tell the truth about that night.

by Anonymousreply 38702/03/2014

by Anonymousreply 38802/11/2014

I first learned about The Springfield Three a few years back on the ID show Disappeared. I did research online and there have been crazy theories about what happened to the women.

Another missing persons case that is haunting is the Amy Bradley case. She disappeared from a cruise ship in 1998.

by Anonymousreply 38902/11/2014

I haven't check this thread in a few days but I remember one highway killer in the 70s had abducted maybe a hitchhiker. He cut off both of her hands at the wrist and then dumped her body by the side of the road. She faked being dead and made her way to the highway. She stumbled out onto the road while holding her arms up so she wouldn't bleed out. I remember people imagined how the driver couldn't believe his eyes seeing a nude bloodied dying woman missing her hands. I think there was a follow up article when they fitted her for hook prosthetic hands. Haunts me to this day. My first awareness of evil for me but also an awareness the tenacity of the human spirit. Anyone remember this one? It visits me in flashes often to remind me that there really are sick individuals in this world. As a human being its a tough truth to come to terms with this. Our own species creates monsters. Bitter pill.

by Anonymousreply 39002/11/2014

by Anonymousreply 39102/11/2014

Lawrence Singleton later killed a prostitute in Florida, r390. I bet there where others, too.

I lived in the Bay Area when he chopped off Mary Vincent's arms and left her to die. Horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 39202/11/2014

I remember seeing Mary Vincent on an episode of Montel Williams' talk show. At the time, she was dating a much younger man.

by Anonymousreply 39302/11/2014

There have been scads of families murdered since the DeFeos, but nobody wonders why the other families didn't fight back or try to run away. They're just as dead as the DeFeos, but nobody obsesses over them.

How about this? They were all fast asleep. DeFeo moved quickly, going room to room before any of them realize what the noise is. What kid wakes up in the middle of the night after hearing a noise and thinks, "It must be my brother shooting everyone in their beds."

Ronnie was a drinker and drugger who stayed at the bars until they closed. He came home at all hours of the night. They were probably used to him making noise when he got home at 2 or 3 am.

Honestly, people think they're such sleuths. Why didn't they run away? Because they were asleep or only half awake and didn't equate Ronnie making noise with "Ronnie is slaughtering us."

by Anonymousreply 39402/11/2014

R394 I agree. I always thought the DeFeo murders were done by some sick ass twisted kid. No ghosts, scary voices, or boogeymen involved.

Ronnie was a drunk and drug addict, who hated his father with a passion.

Not everyone has Fight or Flight Response, or wakes up when a mouse sneezes. That is why some women don't put up a fight, or the sound of a gun does not affect certain people. Allison, the youngest sister, was the only one who woke up, when he entered the room. She looked right at him, he put the gun to her face, and pulled the trigger.

when I was a kid, I slept through jackhammers and garbage trucks outside my windows. The smell of coffee being made, and the church bells ringing from 3 blocks away woke me. Who knows, maybe I would have slept through the shootings too.

by Anonymousreply 39502/11/2014

[quote] the sight of five white hurses lined up one after the other

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 39602/11/2014

[You do realize that this is a troll, right? It does not believe what it posts. It just craves attention. You might want to stop talking to it.]

by Anonymousreply 39807/28/2014

[You do realize that this is a troll, right? It does not believe what it posts. It just craves attention. You might want to stop talking to it.]

by Anonymousreply 39907/28/2014

by Anonymousreply 40007/28/2014

by Anonymousreply 40107/28/2014

One that happened in my own neck of the woods in NE Ohio, the Tami Engstrom murder back in 1991. She was out at her uncle's bar one night, and needed a ride home, so one of the patrons there that night, Ken Biros offered to take her home. Instead he took her back to his place, and raped/dismembered her, then raped her body again, in a cinder block shed behind the house. He tried to dispose of her body parts in separate locations throughout western PA, but was eventually caught and put on death row. He was executed just a few years ago.

I've been by the property a couple of times to try and take some pics where the incident happened. However the house and the shed fell into such disarray, they were eventually leveled.

by Anonymousreply 40307/28/2014

One of my college English profs, a wonderful woman with a huge zest for life and learning, disappeared while on sabbatical in Paris. Her body was found months later carved into pieces and thrown over the side of a cliff in the Alps. Her husband was charged with her murder but not convicted.

by Anonymousreply 40407/28/2014

by Anonymousreply 40507/28/2014

The strange disappearance of Karen Wells.

by Anonymousreply 40707/28/2014

Zodiac and EAR-ONS

That EAR-ONS thread was creepy. A couple of posters who sounded like they had inside info, post r92 was particularly chilling.

I dismissed it until the Magnotta situation here. Maybe there was something to the posts.

by Anonymousreply 40807/28/2014

by Anonymousreply 40907/28/2014

No, R409, he was ON here while the murders were going on. Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 41007/28/2014

Do many of us carry some random murderous gene? A good percentage of people alive today are related to Genghis Khan after all, just one example. Pillage murder and rape were the order of the day only in not too distant history and those genes were spread far and wide. Psychopathy has played a big role in history and is often found in leaders, who are heroes or villains depending 'who won' and drives the later narrative. Not to get too pedantic but reading this thread just makes me wonder.

(Oh and Mr Bundy murdered two acquaintances of mine and a close family member met him socially...he terrified me until he was put down.) Also used to work for a law enforcement agency that dealt closely with him and he looked different in every mug shot, never the same.

by Anonymousreply 41207/28/2014

It's an urban myth that we are related to Genghis Khan. And there is no such thing as a murderous gene.

by Anonymousreply 41307/29/2014

by Anonymousreply 41407/29/2014

The Black Doodler. Mutilated and killed gay men in San Francisco in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 41507/29/2014

The X-Box Murders. My bf lived around the block from this. Freaked me OUT as fuck. Animals. Motherfucking animals! I am not for the death penalty, but this case could change my mind. Horrific.

by Anonymousreply 41607/29/2014

I was in a play competition in high school and a very very kindly man from a local college was a judge.

I saw him when I went to visit the school b/c I was thinking of attending it.

He smiled at me, nothing creepy, just a nice older guy.

I read in the local paper that he'd been killed by a hustler he brought home.

That really affected me.

by Anonymousreply 41707/29/2014

worst crime i can think of is Hamgela Jolie in Original Sin. Pheww what a stinker.

by Anonymousreply 41807/29/2014

The murders of Tom and Jackie Hawks by Skylar Deleon.

Truly horrifying how this couple died. There is a good book about this crime called "Dead Reckoning" by Caitlin Rother.

by Anonymousreply 41907/29/2014

One that stuck with me was around 15 years ago a NJ woman was car jacked by a teenage boy and secretly recorded her calm pleas to the boy to let her go. He killed her anyway, but the tape found in her jacket pocket lead to him being caught. I felt so sorry for the poor woman, who had a young son waiting for her at home.

by Anonymousreply 42007/29/2014

I can't find anything on this. It happened in New Jersey and New York. I think it was 1990/91.

There was a serial killer on the loose. Womens hands were found scattered in dumpsters. The way the news described them was creepy. All of them were nicely manicured hands, long nails, with brightly colored nail polish. Chopped off right above the wrist. All different ethnicities. The rest of them was never found. It had all the women in my neighborhood on high alert. I used to walk 3 blocks to school everyday. That story right there was what my mom used as a stranger danger warning to us.

by Anonymousreply 42107/29/2014

Jesus Christ R416, I hadn't heard of that one. No wonder some landlords are hesitant to evict worthless tenants.

by Anonymousreply 42207/29/2014

I think the disappeared father did it.

Keddie murders.

Elissa Lam has fascinated me, i mentioned her in another thread a few months ago.

A friend of mine had an original JW Gacy painting he sold for drugs in the early 00s. It was on green canvas of Christ wearing the crown of thorns, with his signature prominent in the bottom corner. It terrified the fuck out of me.

by Anonymousreply 42307/29/2014

The Robinson family murders

The Walker family murders

by Anonymousreply 42407/29/2014

Another vote for the Springfield, Mo Three

by Anonymousreply 42507/29/2014

r421, that sounds like the plot of a Homicide: Life on the Street episode.

Maybe that's where they got it.

by Anonymousreply 42607/29/2014

Yes, 419- Absolutely horrible murders. Cannot imagine the terror that couple went through..

by Anonymousreply 42707/29/2014

Also, the German girl in Boston, off to drop off test books to someone after organizing a pizza party for mentally challenged adults.

The only clue they have is a Fresca can, Suzanne something.

Isreal Keyes used to plan murders so far in advance, one couple he buried a murder kit outside of their house a year before he used it, and succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 42807/29/2014

I agree with your theory about the Hinterkaifeck killings, r423.

by Anonymousreply 42907/30/2014

The murder of Beverly Jarosz

by Anonymousreply 43007/30/2014

I just finished Lost Girls, by Robert Kolker an account of the lives and the murders of 5 women whose bodies were found on Gilgo Beach, Long Island in 2011.

I'm very disturbed that they have not caught the killer. There were other remains found in the area, including those of an Asian male, with women's clothes on, and the bodies of a woman and her toddler.

The police say there are more than one killer.

Some remains were found at Manorville, LI which were connected to remains at Gilgo Beach.

The wierd thing was that I started googling after finishing the book last week, to check for any progress, and the day before, they arrested this guy, John Bittrolff, in Manorville, for the murder of two women 20 years ago; but they say he is not connected to all the other LI bodies.

by Anonymousreply 43107/30/2014

It was mentioned way upthread, but the disappearance of the three Beaumont children in Australia in 1966 is chilling.

by Anonymousreply 43207/30/2014

Another Australian one: the Family Murders

by Anonymousreply 43307/30/2014

Nearly 450 posts & I didn't see a post with the most obvious one.

JFK's assassination.

Warren Commission established that Lee Harvey Oswald could not have been the only shooter.

A major conspiracy was involved, among several groups, none of whom has ever been "dug into", really.

It was all pinned on LHO & that was that. But I don't think anyone believes he acted alone, nor that a number of ppl were involved.

by Anonymousreply 43407/30/2014

The 5 Sodder Children, allegedly died in a Christmas Eve fire in 1945, Fayetteville, WV

No remains were found in the fire & their parents spent the rest of their lives trying to locate them, since they believed they were kidnapped & the fire set as a cover up.

NPR did a radio show about it about 10 yrs ago. Google "Sodder Children West Virginia"

by Anonymousreply 43507/30/2014

Any new news on EAR/ONS?

by Anonymousreply 43607/30/2014

The Menendez brothers, Lyle and Erik. Most dataloungers will remember them. They shot their parents at close range, at the ages of 18 and 21, in the family's Beverly Hills home, which had previously been lived in by Prince, and then Elton John.

They did this simply to get their hands on the parents estate. After killing mom and dad, they drove to watch the Bond film License to Kill, then drove home, where Lyle rang the police and cried 'someone killed my parents!'.

They were dumb as rocks, blowing through 1 million bucks in the first months after the murders, buying Rolexes and cars. Erik confessed to his psychiatrist. he was the one that really scared me, he has the eyes of a psychopath.

In June 1999, Erik, then 28 years old, married Tammi Ruth Saccoman, 37, at Folsom State Prison in a prison waiting room. Tammi later stated that "Our wedding cake was a Twinkie. We improvised.'

by Anonymousreply 43707/30/2014

Not one specific crime, but I think that the many thousands of American kids alone, who have disappeared over the years, ended up on milk cartons & such...

Massive, global sex trafficking rings. Many drugged, raped & murdered in the process.

by Anonymousreply 43807/30/2014

No, r438. Statistically most kids who disappear are either killed by family members or are runaways

by Anonymousreply 43907/30/2014

The point is, R439, that you don't know that for sure. Look up Franklin Credit Union and other shady shit

by Anonymousreply 44007/30/2014

The Franklin scandal was a hoax. But I guess some people prefer conspiracies to the truth

by Anonymousreply 44107/30/2014

Can you back that up?

by Anonymousreply 44207/30/2014

Do a Google search - it has been debunked.

Most kids who are abused are abused by someone they know. Most kids who are killed by someone they know. But some people need to believe in pedophile rings and massive conspiracies

by Anonymousreply 44307/30/2014

The disappearance of Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible and the murders of Ashley's parents. Ashley and Lauria were two teenage girls who were best friends in Oklahoma. In 1999, Ashley's trailer home was found burning one morning and later the bodies of Ashley's parents were found with gunshot wounds. The girls weren't found and there have been rumors and theories about what happened to them and the parents. Years later, two different men confessed to the crimes, but their confessions weren't believed by law enforcement and one of the men said he buried the girls' bodies in Kansas, but the search turned up nothing.

by Anonymousreply 44407/30/2014

OMG, Holy Shit. this is my dream thread (that i've just discovered, unfortunately). I've been watching "Forensic Files," "FBI Files," and the like for the past 15 years. Hate the stupid scripted dramas that costumes as reality (i.e. CSI-type programs).

by Anonymousreply 44507/30/2014

I highly recommend everyone go on YouTube and watch the Autopsy playlist. It goes on for hours. Talk about depressing!

It's the original HBO show that started airing as part of their America Undercover series. Apparently the Biography Channel picked it up and aired the segments with some censoring of the crime scene photos. Lots to be creeped out by there!

by Anonymousreply 44607/31/2014

Frankin scandal was definitely not a hoax. There's been delusional pedophile apologists on DL for years. And this one never backs up his claim about the so-called "debunking" of the Franklin scandal. He can't provide the evidence because it doesn't exist. The documentary about it proved it happened.

by Anonymousreply 44707/31/2014

[quote]In June 1999, Erik, then 28 years old, married Tammi Ruth Saccoman, 37, at Folsom State Prison in a prison waiting room. Tammi later stated that "Our wedding cake was a Twinkie. We improvised.'

Tammi got some media attention years back. She did an interview with Barbara Walters and then there was a documentary called Mrs. Menendez that aired on A&E. I watched that once, part of the documentary was about Tammi and her daughter moving closer to Folsom State Prison and Lyle's wife was briefly shown. Tammi came off as likable person unlike other prison wives.

by Anonymousreply 44807/31/2014

"Frankin scandal was definitely not a hoax. There's been delusional pedophile apologists on DL for years"

Telling the truth about pedophilia doesn't make a person an apologist. The fact is that "pedophile rings" are mostly a myth and the vast majority of kids who are molested are molested by someone they know. Most kids who are killed are killed by someone they know. Fact. The facts and the statistics support my point of view. They do not support yours.

by Anonymousreply 44907/31/2014

"The documentary about it proved it happened."

There are documentaries "proving" that bigfoot exists. Do you believe those, too?

by Anonymousreply 45007/31/2014

by Anonymousreply 45107/31/2014

429, it's the best logical guess I could make, though I know they've tried to solve it in recent years and I'm sure he was a suspect.

The part about the little girl tearing her hair out...just gets to me.

This thread has kept me up all nite, researching EAR/ONS/GSK all week.

Also, Australia has a bunch of scary unsolved murders, the Family murders mentioned upthread being one.

There's also another one that's bothered me, a kind of female Taman Shaud, where a woman with no discernible true identity was found burned to death in the wilderness, after witnesses saw two men leading her away. I will have to look it up, it happened in the 70s I believe, but as she has no name, I always forget how they refer to the case.

by Anonymousreply 45207/31/2014

What is so bizarre about The Springfield 3? Because there were 3 victims? Otherwise it is no different than any other missing persons case where it is quite obvious the victim met up with foul play and the killer was just good at hiding the bodies.

by Anonymousreply 45307/31/2014

I think many find the The Springfield Three to be a bizzare case because they were three grown women and the only sign of a struggle at the home was a broken porch light. IIRC, there purses were still in the house. There have been crazy theories over the years and there was a loon on Websleuths that said he has psychic visions of Stacey McCall.

by Anonymousreply 45407/31/2014

The story of Michael Miller of Palos Verdes still creeps me out. He was the son of Ronald Reagan's attorney and from a very wealth family. He raped and killed his mother and was sent to a psych ward. IIRC, he was schizo. You'd have to be certified to do that.

by Anonymousreply 45507/31/2014

R439: Google, 168 kids rescued from sex ring. There are a great many kids who run away, or are kidnapped & forced into sex slavery.

The story from Time, on page one of the search results, says there were over 250 pimps arrested in this one sweep, from over 50 different jurisdictions in the US alone.

I can't agree with you that there aren't alot of global sex trafficking rings...I think that there are.

by Anonymousreply 45607/31/2014

"3 guys 1 hammer" is truly one of the most upsetting things I've ever seen and stays with me to this day.

by Anonymousreply 45707/31/2014

This same asshole always throws out the pedophile rings are debunked, then can't back it up. Draw your own conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 45807/31/2014

"This same asshole always throws out the pedophile rings are debunked, then can't back it up"

Go to any legit site that deals with statistics regarding child abuse and you will see that the vast majority of kids are abused by someone they know. You are the one who can't back up your claims with ANY statistics.

by Anonymousreply 45907/31/2014

"Google, 168 kids rescued from sex ring."

Only 168 out of the billions of children in the world? Pretty small percentage.

by Anonymousreply 46007/31/2014

It's a long thread so I don't know if it's been brought up. And it's been a long spree so it's more than one person but have you read about the Highway of Tears. This shit creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 46107/31/2014

I was also recently obsessed with the Homolka and Bernardo case. I read two books on the case. One of the books you can tell the author clearly, at one point, was able to view the tapes. I believe he was arrested after the book came out but there wasn't enough to prosecute.

It also became clear that Karla was probably the instigator of the murders.

by Anonymousreply 46207/31/2014

I've heard there are stills or actual video from some of the Lake/Ng tortures and murders on YouTube, though I wouldn't know. I love all this crap, in a weird way, but I don't want to see moving images or anything like that. If I were writing a book about Bernardo/Homolka, or anyone that has taped their murders, I don't want to see it. Those images would haunt me in the middle of the night til I died.

Reading these threads is bad enough.

I think people are interested in the three women because anytime multiple people go missing, and no one hears or sees anything, it ups the creepy ante, if you will.

by Anonymousreply 46307/31/2014

McStay family murders

by Anonymousreply 46408/01/2014

murder of 19 year old beauty nell cropsey in elizabeth city,north carolina in 1901.walked off her porch one november night and was found more than a month later almost perfectly preserved in the river near her house.single blow to the temple,no sign of sexual assault.motive and killer still unknown to this day.several family members and a sister's boyfriend later killed themselves. ghost of a lovely young girl in white seen many times subsequently in the cropsey house...

by Anonymousreply 46508/02/2014

That severed head found up by the Hollywood sign. A dog dragged it out of a wooded area in a plastic bag.

They tried to write it off as a drug mad gay lovers' quarrel, but I say no - the victim worked for a Mexican airline. I say it was Mexican mafia drug cartels moving into LA, and it was some kind of payback.

by Anonymousreply 46608/02/2014

The Doodler Serial Killer. Especially since some high profile gays knew who he was but wouldn't say for fear of being yanked out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 46708/02/2014

Erik Menendez should never have been sentenced to life without parole. He has served more than 20 years now and should have the opportunity to be allowed to live a normal life.

by Anonymousreply 46808/02/2014

[quote]He has served more than 20 years now and should have the opportunity to be allowed to live a normal life.

He's likely to get a longer life out of the bargain than the ones his parents had, shortened by his murder of them. The brothers were lucky to be given maximum security status to keep them segregated from other prisoners.

by Anonymousreply 46908/02/2014

Alaskan family evaporates (I blame the much-older bf with the dead eyes).

by Anonymousreply 47008/02/2014

Yeaaaaa .... I love when this thread gets bumped.

by Anonymousreply 47108/02/2014

r257 3 guy one hammer is hands down the worse thing ever put on the internet I watched a few seconds and I know I've traumatized myself.I don't know how anyone could see the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 47208/02/2014

When it comes to disappearances, one case that is a bit haunting is the Ray Gricar case. He was a prosecutor in Pennsylvania. He declined to press charges against Jerry Sandusky after abuse allegations in the late 90s. Most don't think there is a link between Gricar's disappearance and the Sandusky case. But there are things about Gricar's disappearance that are odd and there was previous family tragedy that had similarities.

by Anonymousreply 47308/02/2014

The Springfield Three always gets to me. What on earth could have happened to them?

by Anonymousreply 47408/03/2014

by Anonymousreply 47508/03/2014

I saw that the Springfield Three got mentioned again on this thread. I remember seeing the Discovery ID show and I wondered if the hospital parking structure was ever dug up. I recall that some people were pooling money together to cover the costs. I did a google search and it seems that the structure still hasn't been dug up.

by Anonymousreply 47608/03/2014

by Anonymousreply 47708/03/2014

Who put Bella in the wych-elm?

by Anonymousreply 47808/03/2014

The Wichita Massacre really freaks me out, too. The brothers that did this are disgusting freaks. I'm the one who mentioned The X-Box Murders. I think its the home invasion aspect that scares me. The Manson Murders really send me over the edge because of that factor. Scary as FUCK!!!!

by Anonymousreply 47908/04/2014

The Villisca Axe Murders creep me out more than any of the others and I'm not sure why.

by Anonymousreply 48008/04/2014

Here' s one - the story about the carnival worker who was decapitated by a passenger some say was infected by a Native American demon - he developed "Wendigo psychosis", named after the foul-smelling, horned spirit of the north. Sad, sick, alarming, underreported and weird:

Vince Weiguang Li, a shy, kind hearted paper delivery man boarded a Greyhound bus in Edmonton bound for job interview in Winnipeg, Manitoba where he sat in the front of the bus that departed at midnight, July 28.

On July 29, around 6 p.m., Li got off the bus in Erickson, Manitoba, with at least three pieces of luggage, and stayed the night on a bench next to a grocery store. According to one witness, he was seen at 3 a.m. sitting bolt upright with eyes wide open.

On the morning of July 30, still at the bench, he sold his new laptop computer to a 15-year-old boy for $60. Shortly before 6 p.m. Li boarded the bus heading to Winnipeg and proceeded to sit in the back next to Tim McLean, A Carnival Worker returning home to Manitoba after working at a Carnival Fair in Alberta. McLean “barely acknowledged” Li, then fell asleep against the window pane, headphones covering his ears. Later that night, McLean was sleeping with his headphones on when Li, the man sitting next to him, suddenly produced a large knife and began stabbing McLean in the neck and chest. Garnet Caton, a 26-year-old seismic driller who sat one row ahead of McLean, described hearing “a blood-curdling scream,” saying, “I turned around and the guy sitting right [behind] me was standing up and stabbing another guy with a big Rambo knife…. Right in the throat. Repeatedly.”Passengers on the bus were alerted to shrieks of horror as Li proceeded to plunge the blade into McLean. A witness recalled the peculiar expression on Li, as “There was no rage or anything. He was like a robot, stabbing the guy.”

by Anonymousreply 48108/04/2014

I've heard about the Tim McLean murder before. Here is a 45 minute documentary about it.

by Anonymousreply 48208/04/2014

A horrible crime, and no justice ^

by Anonymousreply 48308/04/2014

I don't agree that Erik Menendez should be freed. I think he's psychopathic. I would not want him in my workplace or on my street.

by Anonymousreply 48408/04/2014

really - people are calling for Menendez' release? Must be a fangirl.

by Anonymousreply 48508/19/2014

Some of the Menendez relatives have called for the release. I recall those relatives claim that Kitty and Jose were abusive and sometimes neglectful of the boys.

by Anonymousreply 48608/19/2014

I got chills reading about this. Strange disappearances at the Pumpernickel Valley off ramp.

by Anonymousreply 48708/24/2014

Luka Rocco Magnotta.

by Anonymousreply 48808/24/2014

The Luka Magnotta case is pretty creepy and he is total psychopath. Another Canadian true crime case that is pretty eerie is the Mark Twitchell case. Dateline and 48 Hours covered the story. I think Dateline episode is still up online.

by Anonymousreply 48908/27/2014

Definitely the murders down south of that young couple who were tortured overnight and murdered- The couple was white and the perpetrators were african american, so it became kind of a racism thing when clearly it was just -murder-.

Also, that family near Baltimore- the father was a musician. The entire family was beaten and murdered (2 little girls I think, mother/father) Basically a home invasion. This was about 8 years ago. Sadly I think it was similar to above..

Those random acts of violence where 3 or 4 people all have same mindset to violently kill entire families for next to nothing always get me. Just the evil of it all.

by Anonymousreply 49009/01/2014

Are you talking about this case, R490??? That one is very upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 49109/01/2014

The Boston Strangler (not deSalvo).

JFK assassination.

The Zodiac Killer (because of the great film about him).

And I've read at least 2 "Law and Order" episodes posted here.

by Anonymousreply 49209/01/2014

r443, how naïve can one BE?! AS IF a former CIA Director who also happened to be the POTUS couldn't have a pedophilia scandal "de-bunked"!

by Anonymousreply 49309/01/2014

Capt. Jeffrey MacDonald.

by Anonymousreply 49409/01/2014

Yes 491, Thanks~

And the other one I mentioned took place in Richmond, VA. ON Wiki as Richmond Spree Murders (2006) These monsters killed 4 other people too..

by Anonymousreply 49509/01/2014

"how naïve can one BE?!"

People who believe shit about "pedophile rings" are the naive ones. They are weirdos who want pedophilia to be more glamorous and exciting than it is so they make up shit about super secret pedophiles in high places

by Anonymousreply 49609/01/2014

Gay pedo? Does anyone ever use the term straight pedo?

by Anonymousreply 49809/01/2014

"The Finder's Cult" is a weird one.

NYT link below:

by Anonymousreply 49909/01/2014

More on The Finders:

by Anonymousreply 50009/01/2014

His name was Pete. He was fixing his car by the side of the road after hanging out at a nearby youth club. Some kids who got kicked out of that club earlier mistook him for the person who complained and one of them shot him dead on the spot as he changed his tire. He was 16, a quiet, shy kid. The police told his folks he was probably involved in drugs and it's still a cold case (he wasn't). Happened in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 50109/01/2014

a lot bother me but shanda sharer was really fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 50209/01/2014

r5501 is that a movie. it sounds like a narration.

by Anonymousreply 50309/01/2014

No, R503, it happened to my friend Pete. Family friend. Good kid.

by Anonymousreply 50409/01/2014

sorry to hear that r504

by Anonymousreply 50509/01/2014

r496, did you suspect the govt officials in Belgium? Vatican priests? Do you think Sandusky acted completely alone, and the former A.G. just coincidentally disappeared?

Have you heard of the sex tourism of SE Asia?

by Anonymousreply 50609/01/2014

The Fort Worth Three Missing Girls a strange one. Two teenage girls and one younger "kid sister" type from the neighborhood go to the mall in Fort Worth the day before Christmas back in the 70s.

They are seen by a witness talking to a "security guard" and that's the last anyone ever sees of them. Their car is found in the parking lot with their purchases and money inside.

A day two later a letter arrived for one of their husbands saying that they'd gone on a road trip and not to worry. However it was addressed to his full name which he never used so it is thought that was intended as a distress signal.

by Anonymousreply 50709/01/2014

Still Unsolved Colonial Parkway Murders.

The first victims were a young lesbian couple who'd pulled off the Parkway for privacy. One of the women was the Naval Academy's first female graduate.

They weren't killed because they were gay -- the killer has a thing for couples.

by Anonymousreply 50809/01/2014

R506, Sandusky acted alone of course, like 99.99% of pedophiles. The DA in Centre County who disappeared was probably targeted due to busting up drug rings. He declined to prosecute Sandusky - why would Sandusky or anyone else connected to Penn State want to kill him? You are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 50909/01/2014

The Charles Stuart case still haunts me.

by Anonymousreply 51009/01/2014

You don't know that R508. It's a military area, many people knew who she was.

by Anonymousreply 51109/01/2014

1974 Hi-Fi murders in Ogden, Utah.

by Anonymousreply 51209/02/2014

There is one rumor about a rogue agent from the nearby CIA training camp, r511.

Also, some tie the first murders in with a lesbian couple killed in a nearby campground in the mid-90s.

Cathy Thomas, the Naval Academy grad who had just left the service to be a stock broker, tried to fight off what most think were two attackers and when they discovered her and her girlfriend's bodies, they found a clump of hair in her hand.

For some reason, the FBI didn't want to test the hair.

by Anonymousreply 51309/02/2014

R280 is like many who gets impatient with the appeals portion of the legal system, but r229 is a good argument as to why it is necessary.

by Anonymousreply 51409/02/2014

R356 is the Jenner killings, on the beach just north of where the Russian River empties into the Pacific.

The victims were a young religious couple who had just finished working as counselors at summer camp on the Russian River. They were driving around NoCal before heading home to Tennessee and their wedding. They were fundies, but very sincere.

Whoever killed them used a unique rifle and a car seen nearby just after the killing had an odd decal in the back window.

by Anonymousreply 51509/02/2014

r509, and Belgium?

by Anonymousreply 51609/02/2014

R434: what interests me about the assassination of JFK is why it remains controversial when it's obvious and been pointed out clearly by none other than MLK, the other man the same people tried to kill earlier that year but were able to do so only a few years later.

by Anonymousreply 51709/02/2014

It's a pity that the Polly Klass murderer was put into solitary confinement so the other prisoners can no longer attack him. Why hasn't that motherfucker been executed yet?

by Anonymousreply 51809/02/2014

R518 is one of those creepers who are "pro life" but gung ho about the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 51909/02/2014

The wife in the Harvey Family murders (part of the Richmond spree killings) was the sister of actor Steven Culp.

by Anonymousreply 52009/02/2014

[quote][R294] = brazen liar, likely a jew.

I'm an Episcopalian, you pig-fucking cunt, but thanks for showing us your ass one more time, R406. t

by Anonymousreply 52209/02/2014

John List's victims are buried in the same cemetery as Whitney Houston.

by Anonymousreply 52309/02/2014

R4, R10, R11, etc...

The Smiley Face Killer stuff is nonsense. I at first believed in it and was active in the small community of people researching it. I've communicated with a couple of key people with regard to this subject. I can tell you that I was told that the reason why the detectives weren't being forthcoming in identifying the group that is allegedly responsible for these alleged murders is because the detectives claim the group is a nation-wide Satanic cult. As soon as I heard that I sighed and shook my head because I knew right then and there this whole thing was nonsense. These young men drowned, not at the hands of a cold-blooded murderer, but because they were drunk and went to the rivers or lakes to pee and fell in and drown. Some may have tried to cross the river in a drunken state. Others were adversely affected by hyperthermia into "paradoxical undressing", where people who are experiencing hyperthermia don't perceive they are cold but rather that they are hot. They shed clothing in an attempt to "cool down" and may even enter bodies of water. Of course all this does is quicken their deaths. There's only one or two cases that are attributed to the so-called "Smiley Face Killers" that might be murder. The rest appear to be either accidental drownings or even suicides.

by Anonymousreply 52409/02/2014

R521- That is what I have wondered? How do 3 or 4 lunatics FIND EACH OTHER? What are the chances??? Is it drugs? Does evil attract evil?

Same with the other case I mentioned- It was like 3 or 4 men, and a woman.. very similar...

Remember in Kansas (I think) that home invasion where 4 or 5 people in their 20's were murdered They were forced the get naked, have sex with each other, than brought out into a field, SHOT, and DRIVEN OVER WITH A CAR!!!! Pure evil. Multiple assailants..

Very sick world. Hard to find the good or make sense of such horrors..

by Anonymousreply 52509/02/2014

I read the book Victim about the Hi-Fi Murders. Really terrifying.

There's also a book, The Victims, about the 1963 murders of Emily Hoffert and Janice Wylie, the "Career Girl Murders," that's also terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 52609/02/2014

Thi wasn't a murder case, but the case of Charles Rothenberg setting a fire to a hotel room with his son David is still haunting. It happened in 1983, Charles wad divorced from David's mother and he told the investigators that he wanted to die with his son in the burning room. A tv movie was made years later with DL faves Bernadette Peters and John Glover. I remember like how well written and acted the movie was.

by Anonymousreply 52709/03/2014

Too many of these cases end up with the police not cooperating.

by Anonymousreply 52809/03/2014

in Joliet il these 4 white kids in private school, drugged and then butchered 2 black friends for drugs. Then preceded to have sex ontop of their dead bodies.

by Anonymousreply 52909/03/2014

This one breaks my heart. Gay bashed and thrown over a bridge while pleading that he couldn't swim. Ended up drowning.

Three fucking teenage killers only spent a few years in prison.

by Anonymousreply 53009/03/2014

An added twist to Magnotta was that, the day/night before he was caught, he was obviously posting here. We had a long thread about the man-hunt for him, and around R300 or so, somebody pops in with the most scattered defense of Magnotta over dozens of posts. Most just complete non-sense. It was really bizarre.

The next day when police said they caught him while he was hold up, checking on himself across various forums on the internet, those bizarre postings made complete sense.

Creepy stuff.

by Anonymousreply 53109/03/2014

R529, There's a similar case of two black guys and a black girl who car jacked a white couple. They then proceeded to torture them and rape BOTH of them repeatedly before killing them. Can you imagine a woman being made to watch her husband getting raped or vice versa? Sad. What's even worse is that they are already up for potential parole.

by Anonymousreply 53209/04/2014

[all posts by fucking cunt troll deleted.]

by Anonymousreply 53309/04/2014

The Rebecca Schaeffer case is still pretty haunting. I hadn't thought about it in awhile, until I stumbled onto Discovery ID documentary show that featured an episode on the case. It aired last night.

by Anonymousreply 53409/04/2014

I can't believe that with the length and durability of this thread NO ONE has mentioned Ed Kemper, the "Coed Killer":

a) Murdered his grandparents at 15 b) Murdered several female college-aged hitchhikers in the 70's; then raped their corpses and saved their skulls for necrophiliac oral before burying some of their skulls in the garden of the house he shared with his man-hating mother as souvenirs c) Turned himself in after killing his mother and then SKULL-FUCKING HER for not listening to him d) Gave several interviews to journalists and criminologists that are on YouTube.

He, along with the Wests (Rosemary and Fred), and to a lesser extent the Moors murderers [Ian Brady & especially Myra Hindley (who is dissertation-worthy)] are my all time FAVORITEs. They all prove that there is no such thing as monsters or evil; just PEOPLE whose actions are about us (Western society & family structure; neuroscience) as them.

by Anonymousreply 53509/06/2014

R531 I remember coming here at that time and a thread about Magnotta.

by Anonymousreply 53609/06/2014

Not so much haunting as just weird as fuck:

by Anonymousreply 53709/09/2014

One of the cases that haunts me is where a woman attacked a pregnant woman and cut out her baby with keys. What really bothered me is the notion that the woman seemingly just gave up fighting and allowed her to cut her open with keys. The woman bled to death. I don't know what would cause a person to just give up fighting and just submit to something like that. If I were a woman and were in her shoes then the other woman would have had to kill me first before cutting me open and taking my baby as I would be fighting until the very end.

by Anonymousreply 53809/09/2014

The case that R538 is talking about is the Darci Pierce which happened in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I grew up in New Mexico, I was 2 when that case happened. Darci and her victim Cindy Ray were Air Force wives, their husbands were stationed at Kirtland Air Force Base. My father was an Air Force Reservist at the time and he heard some of the rumors about the case when he went for his weekend drills. Darci had medical issues and couldn't have kids. She was mentally ill and was desperate to keep her husband and pretended to be pregnant. The husband was grilled by the public for his claiming that he didn't know that she was faking. Darci was stalking various women at the base and she came upon Cindy whose pregnancy timing fit in with her scheme.

by Anonymousreply 53909/09/2014

R53 Darci strangled Cindy into a semi-conscious state before cutting.

I find that the husband just swallowed the story of her being pregnant without any sonagram photos or attending dr. visits to the strangest part. The military isn't hiring any brain trusts are they?

by Anonymousreply 54009/09/2014

Why do insane people always kill / murder!

Why don't they do something else that's nutty? Like like streaking across thoroughfares?

It's always murder. Why?

by Anonymousreply 54109/09/2014

r540 -- did the baby survive?

by Anonymousreply 54209/09/2014

The Fred and Rose West murders - I am obsessed with these. I even know someone who lived in their apartment building before they moved to Cromwell Street.

Jamie Bulger is interesting, but I am mostly interested in whether the child murderers will be outed or not (or again in the case of Venables). Funnily enough, at the time they thought that Robert Thompson was the leader and Jon Venables just followed on with what he did but it has become obvious it was the other way around.

We don't hear as much about the USA ones over here, apart from the serial killers.

by Anonymousreply 54309/09/2014

R539 here again. The baby girl in the Darci Pierce case survived. She is 27 now. After taking the baby out, Darci drove to a hospital and claimed that she had just given birth in her car. She had put some of Cindy's blood on her legs. Doctors and nurses caught onto her right away, due to the shape of the baby's head and they could tell that it wasn't a vaginal birth. Darci kept changing her story in the hospital. At one point, she claimed that a surrogate in a nearby city had given birth to her child. Eventually, she confessed in the hospital to the murder of Cindy after the police and local Air Force authorities found a link to Cindy.

Cindy Ray's husband got of Air Force later on and became a teacher. He moved the baby girl and his older son to Utah. The local press in Albuquerque has done follow up stories on the Ray family over the years. When the daughter was a teenager she gave an interview with one of the news stations here. The Ray family has been pretty forgiving of Darci and they cite their Mormon faith for that. The daughter has met with some of medical personnel that attended to her when Darci took her to the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 54409/10/2014

Ray Gricar. I knew him - creepy dude.

by Anonymousreply 54509/10/2014

by Anonymousreply 54609/10/2014

by Anonymousreply 54709/10/2014

"The vast majority are never to be seen again and don't involve the family, despite what the media desperately wants us to believe."

Of course you have zero evidence or statistics to back up your assertions.

by Anonymousreply 54809/10/2014

R546 lol, that one-year-old youtube video has only 93 views, so how did you find it? the chance is very small for anyone to know its existence. So, here is the question, are you the owner of that youtube channel?

by Anonymousreply 54909/10/2014

by Anonymousreply 55009/10/2014

EAR-ONS/GSK must be tracked down and punished for his countless, horrendous crimes (rapes + murders). The fact that authorities still believe he is out there and alive (but defunct) is chilling. That DL post where someone IDed him matter-of-factly as an Irvine land planner was also quite chilling.. it certainly seems that his last crime that he committed in Irvine must have spooked him from stopping (too close to home)?

by Anonymousreply 55110/18/2014

Nice to see this thread back on the board! I thought it had been deleted.

by Anonymousreply 55210/19/2014

Just read about Atlanta child murders. Black families suspected the KKK. One Black man was convicted of killing just 2 adults during the same time period.

by Anonymousreply 55310/19/2014

So did Wayne Williams actually do it? I thought there was still a lot of doubt as to his culpability?

by Anonymousreply 55410/19/2014

R545 that's a fascinating case and a rare one where any of the three scenarios (murder/suicide/planned disappearance) are equally plausible. Care to share more?

by Anonymousreply 55510/20/2014

[quote]Atlanta child murders

At the time, there were all sorts of conspiracy theories attached to this case including one about Laetrile.

For me, it was the first time I saw people sporting colored ribbons to show their concern, pre-dating the AIDS ribbons by a few years.

by Anonymousreply 55610/20/2014

[R481]--Riiiight... Li was a homeless, mentally ill guy who was given a bus ticket to somewhere else by mental health workers because it was the easiest way for them to deal with him (i.e., not deal with him in their city).

by Anonymousreply 55710/20/2014

Fourteen people were seen in

by Anonymousreply 55810/20/2014

Is this a zombie thread in honor of Halloween month? I thought this thread was killed off a month or so ago!

by Anonymousreply 55910/20/2014

r554, that case was a clusterfuck from the word go.

The CNN report on him was interesting. Apparently he had some covert training, but was vague about it.

I realize that sounds tin hat-ish, but it was confirmed by the CIA that he was trained there for some reason, although he was not an agent.

The death toll contained many kids who were determined by the police to have been murdered by family members. Because racial tensions were so high, this wasn't publicized at the time.

Later, it caused problems for the DA, when WW rightly pointed out that the evidence against him in these cases was weak. Of course, he used it to claim he was innocent of all the murders, which wasn't true. However, he wasn't guilty of all of them, either.

by Anonymousreply 56010/20/2014

[quote] So did Wayne Williams actually do it? I thought there was still a lot of doubt as to his culpability?

There are a lot of Wayne Williams supporters' and IIRC, a Klan member had praised the murders in secret recordings, but he never took responsibility for the murders on the recordings. There are some that believe Williams was the killer.

by Anonymousreply 56110/21/2014

The house painter that raped and killed and 2 girls and their mother in Potomac, Maryland back in the 90s. The head painter stepped out to get supplies and came back to his assistant raping one of the daughters. The head painter was killed too. The depravity of that chills me to this day. Not as long ago, but the family of the Connecticut doctor that were raped and set on fire also was a new level of evil. They tried to blame it on the perps rough childhood. I think we should bring back the firing squad.

by Anonymousreply 56210/21/2014

The Charity Power's rape/murder case in Virginia. She was only 10 years old. The night she was kidnapped, her Mom's friend was supposed to pick her up from a skating rink, but fell asleep instead. She was alone in the parking lot when the killer encountered her.

by Anonymousreply 56410/21/2014

God, that's truly an awful twist of fate R564

by Anonymousreply 56510/21/2014

Awful indeed. I was in high school when this happened. And there was another missing girl/murder case around the same time in Richmond. A teenage girl disappeared from a city bus stop. Found dead in the woods near by. As a far I know, her killer was never caught.

by Anonymousreply 56610/21/2014

The murder of Princess Diana by the order of Prince Philip.

by Anonymousreply 56710/21/2014

Ted Bundy was a sick S.O. B. He killed more than 100 people, though he only admitted to 30. Raped and murdered a 12 year old girl.

by Anonymousreply 56810/21/2014

The death of Sandy Hume.

by Anonymousreply 56910/21/2014

The 8 student nurses killed in Chicago in the 60's haunted me for years afterwards. I was only 10 but it was all over our newspaper (Philadelphia) for days. It really scared me and to this day I cannot fathom why 8 girls could not overtake this one man? There was one survivor who hid under a bed, and heard her roommates being raped and killed. Talk about having to live with something horrid.

by Anonymousreply 57010/23/2014

by Anonymousreply 57110/23/2014

That case about the murder of the daughters and mother in Conn. really does bother me because the damn stupid cops were right outside when it all went down, standing there doing nothing, not one ball between them, not one.

That's disturbing. Men are such cowards.

by Anonymousreply 57210/23/2014

I'm wishing we could put all Republicans on an island and let them see what it's like living in a country that ONLY HAS REPUBLICANS.

by Anonymousreply 57310/23/2014

I don't think Wayne Williams killed those children, to base a whole case on fibers? That's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 57410/23/2014

Some people just kill because they want to know what it feels like. I went to school with a boy who was like that. He told my sister that he just wanted to know what it felt like. He had no conscience and he picked up a classmate and killed her in the woods. He didn't get away with it, someone had seen him stop for the girl and recognized his car. His father was an attorney and had always got him out of any trouble he got into but he went away for the murder. I have no idea how much time he served.

by Anonymousreply 57510/23/2014

Back in the mid-90's a good friend encountered a serial rapist/murderer right after he had committed the act. She was walking home and passed right by him -- he was sweaty, panting and gave her the most evil look. She sensed right away the man was psycho so she started running to get away from him but he never chased her.

The next day when leaving for work police cars and the coroners office was at a neighbors house, a woman had been brutally murdered the night before. My friend told the police about her encounter and described the man, he was the suspect they were looking for. Police told her she was very lucky to be alive as he had likely just committed the act and was in a homicidal state of mind.

Needless to say, she moved and changed her name.

by Anonymousreply 57610/23/2014

R564, that poor blessed girl. And that friend who fell asleep and failed to pick her up has to live with that the rest of his life, even though it is an innocuous mistake that anyone could make. At least it would not usually end up in causing someone's death.

by Anonymousreply 57710/23/2014

I grew up in Tallahassee and a female student was killed in the woods near Lincoln High School back in the 80's. I think her name was Melissa. She had been sexually assaulted and beaten to death with her flute. I think she was naked from the waist down when they found the body.

Her boyfriend (a fellow student) was an immediate suspect, and the police found bloody lint in the dryer screen at his house, and Melissa's panties were found sucked up in the vacuum cleaner bag.

The case seemed pretty clear cut, but at trial it came out that the police didn't have the proper search warrant when they found that evidence, so they couldn't use it in the trial and the kid walked. This was in the days before DNA evidence, and the suspect was a minor, so he just got off scot-free.

I remember a story in the newspaper that the kid went to Publix with his dad, and at the checkout line suddenly the whole store went silent as people realized who he was and I think management asked them to leave.

There was an announcement from his father in the news shortly after that the boy would be attending college out of state, under a different name.

So the killer is still out there, living his life, even though there was really no question that he brutally killed Melissa.

He would be in his 40's now. Both he and Melissa were band nerds, and very studious-looking.

Who knows, he might even be one of those rich tech nerds now...with a big secret.

by Anonymousreply 57810/23/2014

[quote]I grew up in Tallahassee and a female student was killed in the woods near Lincoln High School back in the 80's. I think her name was Melissa. She had been sexually assaulted and beaten to death with her flute.

So this one time, at band camp...

by Anonymousreply 57910/23/2014

Her name was Melissa Bean.

The linked article gives several other important pieces of evidence that I forgot about. It seems like a bloody fingerprint would have been some help in the courtroom right?

I guess when your dad is president of a bank, you can afford good lawyers.

R579 I wonder if Michael Lanier saw that movie, and if he laughed? He will be the one going to hell..whatever his name is now.

by Anonymousreply 58010/23/2014

R567, Read that it wasn't the driver's fault, as he couldn't step on the brakes to slow down the car, because it was being remotely controlled. Why do you think Prince Philip really wanted Princess Diana killed? What further damage could she have done to the Royal Family?

by Anonymousreply 58110/24/2014

The Bear Brook Murders

by Anonymousreply 58212/08/2014

Almost time for a new thread. Keep these cases coming!

by Anonymousreply 58312/08/2014

[quote]I wonder if anyone here had ever encountered Crispo at any gay bars in NYC?

I brought him home with me one night in 1975 from Barefoot Boy and Uncle Charlie's, R322, several years before he got into S&M, or at least into murder. He was exceptionally good-looking and totally my type (dark hair, about my height, regular body type for those non-gym-obsessed times). Also, he had the biggest dick I'd ever encountered, one that remains in my top five all these years later. His physical attributes had a lot to do with his financial success at such a young age.

He was definitely a top. He laid me down on my back in my bed, then mounted me, his hands holding my arms down. He wanted to fuck me. I hadn't been fucked yet. I had only recently come to realize it was something two men could do, fuck each other. We started kissing. He was so beautiful, I could have simply kissed him all night, so that I could keep looking at his face.

But we started to suck each other's dicks. I reached into underwear of a type I'd never seen, something like today's boxer briefs. He said he needed special underwear, for support. It really was enormous. I kept going down on him as far as I could go, but I couldn't eat it all, no matter how much I wanted it.

He got back up on his knees, on top of me such that we were face to face, and he started spitting on my face. I asked him to stop. He said this was his lube, what he was going to use when he flipped me over and fucked me.

I said, "How are you going to fuck me? Aren't you too big?"

He said, "Let's see."

I figured, what the fuck. Everyone I meet wants to fuck me. Let's start at the top.

It was painful. But I let him keep going until he came (it would be several months, and several partners, before someone made me cum while he was fucking me). Eventually we fell asleep. I woke up again with his dick in my ass. I couldn't take it this time. He wasn't very gracious about it, but he stopped.

He went home in the morning. I jerked off with the vision of him stuffing himself into his "special" underwear playing in my mind. He called me that night and invited me to visit him at his gallery that week. I did, a number of times.

A mutual friend clued me in to the fact that a lot of Andrew's supposed background was fictitious, and it frightened me a little, and I started fucking the friend instead. I wish I'd stayed in touch with the friend. He was a wonderful guy, but those days I wasn't really taking the time to fall in love. He was so shy, yet so into me, but 1976 was one of the big "So many men. So little time." years.

I got back in touch with Andrew early in the 1980s. I wanted to get back together with him. I'd never completely stopped thinking of how beautiful he was, nor, of course, his amazing penis. He called me back and told me he couldn't see me because he was "into things now that you wouldn't like." I guess it was the S&M and the drugs. He never acted around me the way I've read about. There were no whippings. No murder. He never offered me drugs (nor paintings, unfortunately).

A new friend of mine started talking about him one day in another was about the Dag Vesti murders and other things the new friend had personally experienced and witnessed.

I felt fortunate Andrew had pushed me away in 1981.

by Anonymousreply 58412/08/2014

The murder of Adam Walsh still disturbs me when I think of it. Hard to believe he would've been 40 years old last month.

by Anonymousreply 58512/08/2014

[quote]the police found bloody lint in the dryer screen at his house, and Melissa's panties were found sucked up in the vacuum cleaner bag.

If I were serving on a jury, I would find this evidence less than compelling.

Bloody lint in the dryer? Oh hell no.

by Anonymousreply 58612/08/2014

Bill Cosby

by Anonymousreply 58712/08/2014

R563 sounds like a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 58812/08/2014

A guy named Jeremy Strohmeyer killed a little girl in the restroom of a casino in Nevada. She had been left unsupervised for hours by her father, who was busy gambling. Jeremy started playing with her, then raped and killed her. His friend David Cash Jr, went into the restroom, saw what he was doing, did nothing and left, and said nothing to anyone. Cash was not able to be prosecuted, and he went on to college in the fall. Someone keeps an update on what Cash is doing and where he is working. Strohmeyer will be a guest of the state of Nevada for the rest of his life.

Strohmeyer's parents adopted him, and tried to sue LA County for not disclosing his bio-mother's schizophrenia.

by Anonymousreply 58912/08/2014

The Colonial Parkway Killings from the 80s. several couples were killed. Some bodies never found. Still unsolved. Still creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 59012/08/2014

JonBenet Ramsey's murder. It'so obvious that the parents did it and covered it up yet still there were fuckheads who actually believed the cock and bull story. Rich people can get away with anything in America.

by Anonymousreply 59112/08/2014

I've always believed it was the brother that did it and the parents covered it up to save him, R591.

by Anonymousreply 59212/08/2014

Yeah, r591, that's why zero rich people are in prison. Oh, wait....

by Anonymousreply 59312/08/2014

Sandusky took the fall for a lot of rich people. The fact he went in says nothing about rich people avoiding jail.

by Anonymousreply 59412/08/2014

Zodiac and EAR-ONS. Hands down.

I'm still hopeful they'll be solved.

by Anonymousreply 59512/08/2014

In Modesto, CA, in the late '90's a little girl named Jonique Williams disappeared from a family event at her grandmother's house. She had arrived with her mother and mother's boyfriend. They searched for her, with the cops, but did not find her until the next morning, when she was found in grandma's swimming pool. The pools had been searched. On autopsy, her lungs contained no water. At some point the entire family quit cooperating with the police, and no one has ever been prosecuted for her death.

This one is so sad. Her family has to know who did killed her.

by Anonymousreply 59612/08/2014

(r597) IIRC, Berkeley had already accepted him, and was not able to legally rescind his admittance.

I don't agree with trashing defense attorneys, though. We only "know" what we know about these cases because of what we read in the media. Read the 'Rolling Stone' lately? The state has to prove that they have the evidence to convict someone, and that person has to have a way to challenge that evidence.

by Anonymousreply 59812/08/2014

r594, he didn't take the fall for anyone. Why would he?

You don't know anything about how the system works.

by Anonymousreply 59912/08/2014

You are right 598, but I wasn't trashing Abrahamson; I just pointed her out because she has such a high profile. I guess his parents were rich.

by Anonymousreply 60012/08/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!