Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sienna Miller: I Won't Take New Roles Unless They're Spectacular

Sienna Miller pops her keys in her mouth after loading up her daughter Marlowe, 13 months, in their car on Wednesday (August 14) in London, England.

The 31-year-old actress recently spoke about not taking on new acting roles right now because she wants to focus on being a mom.

“I felt, having done that [recent film Foxcatcher], that unless it’s of that calibre, it’s not worth not being with my baby… Unless it’s something spectacular, I really want to be a mother,” Sienna told the Evening Standard. “I have technically been on a break…I vowed to take the rest of the year off.

by Anonymousreply 4208/18/2013

Maybe if anyone knew who she is, we would care about her decision. She is merely one of the interchangeable parts that is the young Hollywood female. They're all the same and not memorable.

by Anonymousreply 108/15/2013

bitch please. You're not a spectacular actress. I didn't know of the hussy until she was involved in that homewrecking affair a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 208/15/2013

She's the perfect example of someone the industry tried to make happen over and over until they realized nobody gave a fuck. I've never seen someone trying so hard at having a personality and coming off so blank. At least people sort of know who Gretchen Mol is.

by Anonymousreply 308/15/2013

Gretchen Mol is a great character actress.

Sienna is a blob of nothing.

by Anonymousreply 408/15/2013

Don't hold your breath, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 508/15/2013

His fiance is hot, if I were her I'd spend all my time making babies with him!

by Anonymousreply 608/17/2013

Sure, honey, not working is YOUR idea.

She's just another spoiled rich girl who thought she could buy/fuck her way into movie stardom. Someone should have told her she's not photogenic, talented, or charismatic, and spared her all this trouble.

by Anonymousreply 708/17/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 808/17/2013

I have absolutely no idea who this chick is. Don't tell me they spun off "Brenda" from "Rhoda" and I missed the whole "Ugly Sidekick" thing... Gosh, I should get out more.

by Anonymousreply 908/17/2013

She got quite a big pay-off from the Rupert Murdoch phone-hacking scandal last year - more than she ever earned from acting, so she probably does not need to "act" any more.

I saw her on the stage in London 2 years ago in that "Flare Off" revival - both she and James Purefoy were totally inadequate in the leads, one could barely hear them, and they had no charisma whatsoever.

Miller has always been known best for her love life and the guys she was being fucked by - Jude Law, on and off for years; and that married man she was carrying on with where she was seen as a homewrecker. She even had a fake romance with Matthew Rhys to promote that film they made which nobody was interested in.

by Anonymousreply 1008/17/2013

If Sienna takes the role it will no longer be a spectacular role.

by Anonymousreply 1108/17/2013

Joe Manganiello feels the same way. Joe has been offered some spectacular movie roles but his hectic schedule filming "True Blood" prevents him from taking these roles.

by Anonymousreply 1208/17/2013

What? Her career's been over for years.

by Anonymousreply 1308/17/2013

[quote]it’s not worth not being with my baby

Lightweight!

by Anonymousreply 1408/17/2013

Yeah, because working 30 days a year for millions of dollars is such a sacrifice.

That, and the odd shill (see link) in the afternoon.

Thanks for letting us know why you "disappeared all of a sudden." We sure will notice when you're gone.

by Anonymousreply 1508/17/2013

I had no idea her settlement from Murdoch was that good.

I will always remember Sienna from The September Issue where Anna Wintour was absolutely aghast at her cover subject's dirty hair and pointy teeth.

I don't think Sienna has ever been on cover again.

by Anonymousreply 1608/17/2013

"I Won't Take New Roles Unless They're Spectacular."

I remember when I thought I could sell this bravado. Work is hard.

by Anonymousreply 1708/17/2013

Coincidentally, I won't sell rolls unless they're spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 1808/17/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1908/17/2013

I can't believe she's only 31. I feel like she's been around forever.

by Anonymousreply 2008/17/2013

She looks 41.

by Anonymousreply 2108/17/2013

Same here!

by Anonymousreply 2208/17/2013

That's rich, coming from an actress who has been completely forgettable in every single role she's ever tackled.

by Anonymousreply 2308/17/2013

If only Jen Aniston felt the same way.

by Anonymousreply 2408/17/2013

She has the role of generic 'wife' in Foxcatcher, so I don't know what she's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 2508/17/2013

I thought she did a good job playing Edie Sedgwick.

by Anonymousreply 2608/17/2013

Don't forget her Tippi Hedren in that BBC film about Hitchcock and the making of The Birds and Marnie!

She must have got that role as they could make her up to look reasonably like Tippi.

by Anonymousreply 2708/18/2013

I didn't know who she was before seeing the September Issue and was unpleasantly surprised by how ugly she is without ten pounds of foundation on her face.

by Anonymousreply 2808/18/2013

Link to the September issue and pointy teeth please!

by Anonymousreply 2908/18/2013

Didn't she bang that girl in the GI Joe movie she starred in with?

by Anonymousreply 3008/18/2013

Oh, they're real... and they're spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 3108/18/2013

Around how much did she make off the phone hacking settlement?

by Anonymousreply 3208/18/2013

[quote]The 31-year-old actress recently spoke about not taking on new acting roles right now because she wants to focus on being a mom.

And when she's tired of focusing on "being a mom" she'll be SHOCKED there are no more movie roles being offered her and proceed to blame her agent.

by Anonymousreply 3308/18/2013

I am sure it was about £100,000 English sterling - not an inconsiderable amount (from the phone hacking scandal). I am sure she would not have earned that much from any of her movie roles.

by Anonymousreply 3408/18/2013

Considering her lifestyle, I doubt that amount would last long. For a regular person, yes. For Sienna, and her trips, clothes, parties, etc....

I guess that's why she and her little boyfriend signed on for those ugly Burberry ads.

by Anonymousreply 3508/18/2013

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 3608/18/2013

"Considering her lifestyle, I doubt that amount would last long. For a regular person, yes. For Sienna, and her trips, clothes, parties, etc...."

Like many modern actors, I believe she comes from money.

by Anonymousreply 3708/18/2013

She comes from money. I believe her mother or close relative is a casting director as well.

Say what you want about her, she was the person who brought Murdoch's phone hacking scandal to light and pressed charges. I admire her for that. Celebrity or not, people still have rights and should be protected against criminal activity. As the investigation went on, the public finally realised it wasn't just celebrities whose rights and privacy were being violated.

She also recently received Golden Globe and BAFTA nominations for The Girl.

by Anonymousreply 3808/18/2013

plus she's regularly shagging the guy everyone on DL (mistakenly) though was Robert Pattinson's boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 3908/18/2013

She's a good actress generally, but as others note, she's no better than several dozen other actresses her age. I frequently get her and Kate Bosworth mixed up.

by Anonymousreply 4008/18/2013

That's right Sienna, they can't dump you if you dump them first.

by Anonymousreply 4108/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.