Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My Neighbor’s Kids Are All Named After WWII Nazi Concentration Camps

My partner and I live in a nice cul de sac in a familiar sounding town name in Idaho.

A family moved onto the street less than a year ago. About 40 and “OK” looking, not skinheads at all but some forearm tats. A neighbor came over (her kids play with their kids) and said that the family was stranger than appeared to me and began talking to me about them.

It was the kid’s names that were so odd sounding for a blue collar family. Five kids: Mauthausen (Monty), Belzec (Bella) , Buchenwald (Butch), infant Sobibor (Sobi) and little Treblinka who apparently doesn’t warrant any abbreviation at all.

We are aghast that this crazy bullshit has touched our lives. I’d like to move but it would be hard to sell the house at this time. What would you do?

by Anonymousreply 6308/20/2013

Darling, spit out the plegmuh and try again.

by Anonymousreply 208/15/2013

I don't see why it doesn't ring true R1. Many people name their children after places dear to their heart. I myself am named after the place I was conceived.

by Anonymousreply 308/15/2013

WTF

by Anonymousreply 408/15/2013

Those kids will have Extra Special Playdates.

by Anonymousreply 608/15/2013

R4, How about an anonymous call to the local newspaper to investigate the parent's motives? Could be stupid adults looking for shock value, or the result of deep seated anger and prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 708/15/2013

Secretly start planting the idea in the kids' heads that the tortured souls of the people killed in the camps that they are named for now inhabit their bodies and will soon start telling them things that they must do.

by Anonymousreply 808/15/2013

I love R8. Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 908/15/2013

My question to the OP is...why in the hell are you gay and living in Idaho? Are you in the panhandle by chance? I wouldn't be caught living their with my partner. Scary place. Second, this kind of stuff is all too common there. You either have the fundie mormons all over the state, or you have the neo-nazi's in the panhandle and north of the Boise area.

by Anonymousreply 1008/15/2013

Oh Idaho. Yeah this is probably true then. I always wondered why Bruce willis was so enamored of it and then I found out he's a Republican. There are some scary, scary motherfuckers out there

by Anonymousreply 1108/15/2013

$18 for this???!!

by Anonymousreply 1208/15/2013

"My partner and I live in a nice cul de sac in a familiar sounding town name in Idaho."

Why is this turn of events surprising to you? Even the fucking Mormons in Utah think the Mormons and the other freaks in Idaho are fucking shithouse rat crazy.

by Anonymousreply 1308/15/2013

R13, I've met LDS from ID. They claim End Times is coming so soon that they've acquired underground survival setups, complete with guns and extensive provisions.

by Anonymousreply 1408/15/2013

This woukd be a hilarious john wates type movie

by Anonymousreply 1508/15/2013

"Buchenwald! You git in here now! You need to change Treblinka, she got a shit pile going in her pants!

by Anonymousreply 1608/15/2013

OP, does their house have gas or electric furnace?

by Anonymousreply 1708/15/2013

Shitty little Treblinka.

by Anonymousreply 1808/15/2013

Maybe the mother will do a Magda Goebbles on her kids- a cyanide capsule each. Then she and her husband will shoot themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1908/15/2013

[quote] and little Treblinka who apparently doesn’t warrant any abbreviation at all

I shall call him Blinky.

by Anonymousreply 2108/15/2013

OP, you in danger Gurrrl!

by Anonymousreply 2208/15/2013

Lair

by Anonymousreply 2308/15/2013

OP, just wait till they figure out you and your partner aren't "roommates." Better move, stat (although it was stupid to move to Idaho in the first place).

by Anonymousreply 2408/15/2013

Not funny. Not believable. Racist. You hit the DL trifecta.

by Anonymousreply 2508/15/2013

6/10. It has originality.

by Anonymousreply 2608/15/2013

Wah............ this is so over the top, it's hysterical. I don't find it anti-semitic or offensive. It's brutal, razor sharp parody. The children and fraus can leave this thread immediately.

by Anonymousreply 2708/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 2808/15/2013

Yes, those are just such lovely names OP.

by Anonymousreply 2908/15/2013

Are these lazy breaders going to stop at 5 ? Where is little Auschwitz ?

It will almost be embarrassing to send the children to (summer) camp.

by Anonymousreply 3008/15/2013

I went to school with kids from a family that had named the kids after famous members of the SS.

by Anonymousreply 3108/15/2013

R31, What city did you live in? Did the kids have any issues in school or in life? What became of them? Did they want to change their name?

by Anonymousreply 3208/15/2013

Are you dyslexic, R23?

by Anonymousreply 3308/17/2013

"Lair" might turn into the new shitty little Ann on the DL ...

by Anonymousreply 3408/17/2013

[quote]What would you do?

I would call the local news. They love this stuff and the story would definitely go international. It would certainly result in official scrutiny of the family by local authorities, their apparent avoidance of which is bit shocking. Treblinka and Buchenwald are very well-known. Surely someone at the hospital where they were born, or a clerk processing the birth certificates, would have been alarmed by the names. Radicals like these aren't looked too kindly upon by law enforcement. They're almost always up to some criminal behavior like drug and weapons trade, child abuse, etc.

So you really should do the right thing and call the local news. Then report back and tell us what happens next. We'll all monitor the news sites and wait for the story to break. Among your partner, yourself and your concerned neighbors I'm sure one of you will stand up and get some help for these kids, possibly get them out of that environment and give them a shot at a decent life not centered around hate and falsehoods.

Speaking of falsehoods, I must say that the fact that they're Neo Nazis isn't what stands out most in your Especially Shocking Tale, or even that they're so open about it. Many racists are quite proud of their views and are open about "living their values", so to speak.

No, what's most Egregious, Stupid and Telling about your "story" is that these Nazis Next Door take such particular pride in the Holocaust, an event that all real life Nazis severely downplay or deny outright. At best they'll try to claim that the historical record is shaky, the numbers were inflated and that most of those captured and killed were political enemies or treasonous resisters. Then they'll quickly change the subject. They don't name their kids after concentration camps.

Nazis exist who name their kids crazy shit and move in next door. They attract attention, though, and usually are revealed as the miscreants they are. Your Extra Sensational Tale is a bit much. 1/10

by Anonymousreply 3508/17/2013

Good Man

by Anonymousreply 3608/17/2013

My neighbor named his kids

Nardil

Tofranil

Zoloft

and

they just welcomed baby Paxil

by Anonymousreply 3708/17/2013

I guess no Dachau since they didn't want to be too obvious.

by Anonymousreply 3808/17/2013

Bullshit thread. This is a joke from the funny 90's movie MADHOUSE with Kirstie Alley:

Bernice: I need your opinion on something here. These are my favorite names for the baby so far: "Amaretta," "Caramel," or "Treblinka" Claudia: You yokel, naming your baby after a German concentration camp! Bernice: I thought Treblinka was one of those cute little fairies from Cinderella. Claudia: You moron! Bernice: I hope my water breaks all over your fur coat!

by Anonymousreply 3908/17/2013

They need to keep trying for a little boy named Dak.

by Anonymousreply 4008/17/2013

It's creepy picturing the troll behind this dreaming this up. So unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 4108/17/2013

I am biracial (black and white) and got pulled over and harassed driving through Idaho. I was 7 miles over the limit on the freeway (the same as everyone else) but he pulled me over. He proceeded to harass me, and made me open my glovebox, and searched it and the side compartments of my car. He made me feel like a criminal. I was 18 years old, and driving to college at the time. I had never experienced anything like this. I will still, 20 years later, never drive through that state. I cannot imagine any minority willingly living there.

by Anonymousreply 4208/17/2013

Make an anonymous call to the Mossad. Those guys don't fuck around.

by Anonymousreply 4308/17/2013

My neighbor named his kids Felicity, Una, Charley, and Karen.

by Anonymousreply 4408/17/2013

[quote]I cannot imagine any minority willingly living there.

But it's a lovely place to get married!

by Anonymousreply 4608/17/2013

I was on the freeway, driving along with traffic. 7 miles over the limit with traffic would not get a person pulled over, generally. That bastard had no right to dig through my glove box, or other areas of my vehicle. I sat there while he tore apart my car, looking for something incriminating. I had my little suitcase with my clothing and personal items that I had packed while looking forward to my future in college, and that asshole tore apart my things like they were nothing, and treated me like I was a lowlife piece of shit. Sorry, but I don't think this happens to white kids on their way to school. You have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 4708/17/2013

R42, R47, I'd be very careful driving in Idaho too, and avoid the state whenever possible, if I were in your position.

"Idaho was the site of the Southern Poverty Law Center’s huge victory over the Aryan Nations in 2000, and even though that lawsuit largely bankrupted the organization, the state apparently is still home to remnants of the group."

by Anonymousreply 4808/17/2013

Did they search through your car and belongings when you were 7 miles over the speed limit, r49? Did they ask you why you were in the state and where you were going? He also asked how I 'got' the car even though the registration was in my name. I know that I was speeding, and would have been fine with a ticket. There was no excuse for him looking through my glovebox and suitcase. This was a blatant violation of my rights, but I was young and didn't realize it at the time. I would love to see an officer try to pull that with me now. I would sue the bastard to hell and back. The thing that bothers me the most about people like you, r49, is that you don't realize that these same redneck bastards in Idaho hate gay people just as much. Drive your ass through Idaho, and see how they treat you...then get back to me.

by Anonymousreply 5008/17/2013

I got a fucking ticket, r51. Did you even read my post? What world do you live in? I guess that I am LUCKY that I get to vote and work, since I am black, lesbian, and a female. I'm sure you are a troll, so I will move on...

by Anonymousreply 5208/17/2013

Dumpkoffs! Can vee get back to der subject?

by Anonymousreply 5308/18/2013

R39, but only you and four other losers saw that film.

by Anonymousreply 5408/18/2013

Lame, they didn't even pick the best camp names. If I was a nazi racist, I'd have gone with Bolzano, Breendonk, Scrochowitz, Slutthof, and Herzogenbusch.

by Anonymousreply 5508/18/2013

Do zee kids appear on dee lawn and seeng excerpts from 'zee sound of museek'? Ja, veddy entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 5608/18/2013

Buy the kids an Easy Bake Oven.

by Anonymousreply 5708/18/2013

Wow. Trolldar R58 and take a stroll through Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 5908/20/2013

Auschwitz.. dinner is ready!

by Anonymousreply 6008/20/2013

[quote]Dear [R42]: That is what police often do when they stop people for speeding or other reasons. It happens to whites and others too

Bullshit. I'm white and female and this doesn't happen to me. I'm also am attorney and middle aged now and I have certainly been harassed by a couple of cops, including one who tried to get a date out of the interaction, but they don't start with a presumption that I'm up to something because I'm driving down the road at 7 miles over the limit. I've certainly never (yet) been searched in a traffic stop.

That happens to young white males and all people of color all the time though. And it is either naive or disingenuous to pretend everyone gets treated the same way when stopped for speeding.

by Anonymousreply 6108/20/2013

I thuothg teh tngih smae, 33R

by Anonymousreply 6208/20/2013

I think it's sweet.

by Anonymousreply 6308/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!