Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gay athletes at the World Championships in Russia....

Stephen Fry suggested a sign, some gesture of solidarity by the winners receiving medals on the podium (arms crossed on chest)- and has anyone?

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 1608/20/2013

Snap, bitch.

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 108/12/2013

The limp-wristed saluted of contempt. It looks like a pope or emperor stretching his arm for a kiss on the ring.

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 208/12/2013

Gay athletes receiving medals on the podium should start "voguing"

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 308/12/2013

I wanna see some old school Mexico City fists raised, heads bowed.

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 408/12/2013

I'm with r4 , my dad says he remembers watching the '68 Olympics with his (lily white New England WASP) family and everyone was out of their minds with outrage and FEAR.

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 508/12/2013

Upon recieving their medal they should turn and 'present'.

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 608/12/2013

What a selfish bitch!

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 708/15/2013

No gay stars in Track & Field.

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 808/15/2013

I just can't believe Stephen Fry has asked athletes to boycott this doesn't he realise that these althetes have worked hard for many years to compete at events. Would Stephen Fry turn down his dream movie or theatre role? I doubt it.

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 908/16/2013

US athlete Nick Symmonds dedicated his 800m silver to gay and lesbian friends to highlight Russia's homophobic legislation. This was discussed on NPR news this morning.

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 1008/16/2013

Nick Symmonds is openly rebuking Yelena Isinbayeva.

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 1108/18/2013

Kseniya Ryzhova and Tatyana Firov won a world championship as a part of the 4x400m relay team at the IAAF track championships in Moscow. They edged out the American and British teams for the gold.

While on the medal stand, they kissed to protest their own country's anti-gay propaganda laws.

This isn't the first protest of Russia's laws that penalize anyone for talking about homosexuality in front of children, but it's the most visible one done by Russian athletes.

U.S. runner Nick Symmonds dedicated his silver medal in the 800m to his gay friends back home, and Swedish high jumper Emma Green Tregaro painted her nails in a rainbow in honor of LGBT pride.

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 1208/18/2013

Not sure whether the podium kiss was a protest or not - Russians,including male politicians will kiss each other on the lips at the drop of a hat.

The best protest would be Western Olympic teams insisting the Russian Olympic Village authorities keep their terrified"ambassadors",especially Isinbayeva away from foreign teams from countries since they are so concerned about gay germs.

I'd like to see how the Women's Ice Hockey teams from the USA,Canada,Sweden,Norway,Finland might react if the Russians try to mess with them.

It would be a pity if Isinbayeva was on the receiving end of a high stick to the chompers.

Medallists from the West should demand the presenters not be Russian but rather representatives of more liberal and progressive values since this is not political but a human rights issue.

Or have the medals presented by the usual eye-candy props that carry said medals out to the podiums - definitely not by corrupt IOC parasites.

The IOC has made it clear including the US representative that they will not respect their own rules... so they forfeit the right to share the spotlight.

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 1308/18/2013

This must be very hard on the closeted athletes. I feel for them as it must be hard to focus on doing well in their event(s).

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 1408/18/2013

Podium kiss - hmmm unintentionally?

by Aries Merrit: I would really love to but can't out myselreply 1508/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.