Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Top Chef Masters 2013

I'm shocked that there isn't already a thread on this, especially one half of many's fantasy spit-roast, Bryan Voltaggio, is on. He's gained weight BTW, but I think he looks good.

The guy who owns Father's Office is a neurotic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2309/25/2013

...especially *SINCE* one half...

by Anonymousreply 108/09/2013

Eh, Bryan Voltaggio has always turned me off. He's got the sex appeal of a robot.

I do like Douglas Keane, though. I don't usually go for daddy bears, but he's really handsome.

by Anonymousreply 208/09/2013

The only chef hotter than Bryan Voltaggio is Michael Voltaggio...what a great Top Chef season that was, with both of them and other great chefs like Kevin Gillespie and Jenn Carroll.

Has anyone been to Ink or Inksack to see Michael in person?

Re: Bryan

He keeps getting screwed over by his mohawked sous chef. The sous chef has the saddest face.

Bryan is getting quite the spare tire but his brother still looks hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 308/09/2013

OMG, Bryan's poor sous chef truly has one of the most tragic visages to grace the TV screen in some time.

by Anonymousreply 408/09/2013

And I'll just say it..I have a crush on Hugh Acheson, the host of the Battle of the Sous webisodes.

I went to one of his cookbook signings and he is very cute but a little on the short side. The signing was in Williams Sonoma and there was some sort of Thanksgiving cooking demonstration right next to us so there was quite a bit of noise. I got to lean over and touch his arm a few times so he could hear me and we had a few laughs. His sweater was very soft.

But I am a vegan so it turns out there is very little in the cookbook that is useful to me.

Anyway. David Burke is uncomfortable to look at now. He looks like he might explode any second. To borrow a quote from Joan Rivers, if you stick him with a fork, gravy might come out.

by Anonymousreply 508/09/2013

I just learned the 'contest' portion is faked. The winner is based on sponsor dollars.

by Anonymousreply 608/10/2013

Please explain R6.

by Anonymousreply 708/10/2013

The winner is selected by restaurant groups and products based on the willingness of the winners to enter agreements (most in foreign countries) to promote food items. Also in the equation are product lines that see partnerships and restaurant groups who can pre-sign contestants for a large profitable restaurant.

Winning guarantees a good customer base.

The judges do what they are told.

I learned this from a winner, not a loser and I believe him.

by Anonymousreply 808/10/2013

The first couple of seasons were good, but then it fell apart. They changed the format and started getting chefs who no one has ever heard of. How can they be masters, if they're unknown? I'm still not sure why they cancelled Top Chef: Just Desserts. At least that was interesting.

by Anonymousreply 908/10/2013

Fake TV for a fake culture.

by Anonymousreply 1008/11/2013

Are any of these contestants gay or lesbian this season?

by Anonymousreply 1108/15/2013

Curtis Stone is great eye candy, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 1208/15/2013

I like the lesbian chef from Canada.

by Anonymousreply 1308/15/2013

Why aren't you guys watching this? Are there cracks in my empire?

by Anonymousreply 1408/17/2013

I dislike host Curtis Stone, and this season has very few chefs who stand out on merit (or otherwise.) Worse, though, is that the Top Chef franchise grows a little more gimmicky in its competitions.

The best aspect of Top Chef is when the talent of the contestants is at the forefront -- no personalities, no squabbles, no too clever switcheroos or convoluted challenges. The producers, though, have lost confidence in the old formula that worked and muck things up time and again.

And R5, I agree, Hugh Acheson is sexy as all fuck.

by Anonymousreply 1508/17/2013

One of the few funny moments from this season...

Last night the nerdette guest judge (wearing glasses) said she was looking forward to sampling Bryan's braised beef tongue.

She said, "I'm very excited. I love tongue."

Gail Simmons responded, "That's what I hear."

by Anonymousreply 1609/12/2013

I couldn't understand a damn word that came out of David Burke's mouth. They needed subtitles for his camera shots.

I loved the All White dessert that Mohawk Boy created.

James Osland is always a breath of fresh air on that show, too.

by Anonymousreply 1709/24/2013

Hugh Acheson's eyebrow situation is horrific.

by Anonymousreply 1809/24/2013

I love Douglas Keane's sous chef too. And there was another person from his restaurant who also is a bearded bear type. Seems like a trend. His charity is dog rescue so I love him even more.

by Anonymousreply 1909/24/2013

I want to lick El Bombero from the wrestling show.

by Anonymousreply 2009/24/2013

So who's winning tonight?

by Anonymousreply 2109/25/2013

Douglas Keane is a very sexy daddy.

by Anonymousreply 2209/25/2013

The ultimate winner is picked before they start filming. Who do you think it is?

by Anonymousreply 2309/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!