Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

MeTV's New Fall Schedule

Nothing major, but they're adding Gilligan's Island, F-Troop, and Hogan's Heroes, as well as a weekly "made for TV movie" slot. (Hopefully some camp classics from the '70s and '80s.)

by Anonymousreply 4009/27/2013

They're taking off "Bewitched"? Bummer.

Glad about "Gilligan," though, and "Streets of San Francisco," "Twilight Zone," and "The Untouchables."

Don't mind the TV-movies but any mention of movies gives me a little bit of fear that MeTV will begin the gradual descent into hell taken by TV Land (which went from being a great nostalgia station to a channel of utter unwatchable shit).

by Anonymousreply 108/09/2013

I hope to God they show those good Made-for-TV movies I enjoyed when I was in elementary school school back in the 70s. YES I'M OLD!

I still cringe thinking of that one with Olivia DeHavilland where the woman was buried alive! And, the one called "Five Desperate Women" with Robert Conrad.

They really made some good tv movies back then!

by Anonymousreply 208/09/2013

Let's hope for "Killdozer," plus "A Howling in the Woods"!

by Anonymousreply 308/09/2013

I'm sick of that Dobie Gillis show & Petticoat Junction. I want Bewitched & I Dream Of Jeannie!

by Anonymousreply 408/09/2013

"New" and MeTV should not exist in the same sentence.

There's nothing "new" about a bottom-feeding outlet like MeTV. Look at the advertisers that network gets.

by Anonymousreply 508/09/2013

As long as they keep Family Affair on it's all good.

by Anonymousreply 608/09/2013

I wish they would show some old musical/variety shows but I assume the rights to the performances would be a pain to obtain.

by Anonymousreply 708/09/2013

I'm glad they're keeping The Rifleman at 6 and 6:30.

Sooooo not interested in lame sitcoms like Brady Bunch and shows from the 80s which have already been rerun constantly since the advent of cable. I'd rather watch more obscure bw shows from the 50s and early 60s.

by Anonymousreply 808/09/2013

I still enjoy watching the hotness that was The Rifleman -

by Anonymousreply 908/09/2013

Cablevision only has infomercials after 10. So long Mary, so long MeTV...

by Anonymousreply 1008/09/2013

[quote]Sooooo not interested in lame sitcoms like Brady Bunch and shows from the 80s which have already been rerun constantly since the advent of cable. I'd rather watch more obscure bw shows from the 50s and early 60s.

OMG, R8, I could not agree more. The last thing I want to see on MeTV are reruns of Roseanne, The Cosby Show, Friends, etc. Leave all that shit on TV Land. MeTV should stick to its guns and only show shows from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. They're gonna start including tv-movies now? Okay, fine, but please also keep them strictly from those three decades and PLEASE do not start showing theatrically-released films like TV Land began doing (I've often wondered what the fuck Ferris Buehler is doing on a network supposedly devoted to classic TV).

In case you can't tell, I absolutely loathe TV Land now. They sold out and went to shit, which is so disappointing because when I first got cable years ago, my dial rarely left TVL. I love classic TV and would rather watch the old stuff sometimes more than a lot of this shit they call "quality TV" nowadays. So keeping my fingers crossed for MeTV.

by Anonymousreply 1108/09/2013

Love Boat will be on Sunday afternoons at 2!

by Anonymousreply 1208/09/2013

Nick at Nite and tv land are mostly unwatchable, but I do enjoy Happily Divorced and Hot in Cleveland.

MeTV has so many good shows but many are preempted on FiOS by infomercials.

by Anonymousreply 1308/10/2013

For those of you complaining about your local cable provider pre-empting the MeTV programming-- you can almost always get MeTV over the air with an antenna. My cable provider (Charter) doesn't even carry the local station (a digital sub-channel) that features MeTV, so when I want to watch it, I switch over to the rabbit ears.

by Anonymousreply 1408/10/2013

I love the Sunday lineup...I wish there was something better on weekend mornings though....I used to love Family Affair when I was a kid but now it's so..."cute"...does anyone notice how stoned Brian Keith looks? He slurs his words and he has zero emotional expression, like he's on Ludes or something...and that apartment! Ugh...such cheap sets.

I wake up at 6 on weekdays so I usually have my tea while watching Petticoat Junction...if the episode features Uncle Joe and his cronies it's really funny but if it's all about the dopey sisters it's just blah.

I agree R8 and R11, TVLand went to shit in a big way. Two of the big reasons I had cable were Cinemax for cheesy movies, TVLand and VH1, and Cinemax started showing the same five fucking 90s drama movies all the time, and VH1 and TVLand just turned into total crap.

I love MeTV though...even their bumpers are clever with the funny edits. One of my friends came over and said "your house is like a time warp, you always have some 70s show on, it's like your tv is possessed by the Spirit of 76."

I thought that was kind of funny.

by Anonymousreply 1508/10/2013

[quote]your house is like a time warp, you always have some 70s show on, it's like your tv is possessed by the Spirit of 76

I like that! Very funny.

by Anonymousreply 1608/10/2013

Did anyone else think Uncle Beeyo was getting it on with Mr. French and the kids came and ruined everything? A Gentleman's Gentleman, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 1708/10/2013

The Whore in Pakistan is closing her embassy. What is THAT all about?

by Anonymousreply 1808/10/2013

I wish they showed Peyton Place.

by Anonymousreply 1908/10/2013

Gilligan's Island is on! Yay!

Love MeTV.

by Anonymousreply 2009/02/2013

I hate the new evening schedule.

I can't believe MeTV is making its own movies.

by Anonymousreply 2109/02/2013

MeTV is making its own movies? Where did you hear that, R21?

by Anonymousreply 2209/02/2013

Click on the link for the new schedule, R22- it's listed on Fridays at 8.

by Anonymousreply 2309/02/2013

So tired of Twilight Zone and Perry Mason. Something new at that hour please!!

by Anonymousreply 2409/02/2013

I watch "The Rifleman" every day from 6-7. It has become my favorite show. Can't wait to see Johnny Crawford and Chuck Connors's son at the Nostalgia Convention here next month.

by Anonymousreply 2509/02/2013

I was hoping Bewitched would be on a little longer. I don't even think they got through the full 8 year cycle. At least they did play the old black and white episodes once.

by Anonymousreply 2609/02/2013

I just checked their schedule and don't think the TV-movies are going to be anything original but rather old TV movies. Looks like for September, it's going to be all Perry Mason movies.

I admit I'm not too thrilled about the new schedule either. Happy to see Gilligan but couldn't give two shits about The Love Boat. And two fucking hours of The Brady Bunch on weekends, yet they had to take off Bewitched? Please.

Given how these networks sometimes change their schedules after the new year, here's hoping they'll switch it all up again come January.

by Anonymousreply 2709/02/2013

Those mourning the loss of "Bewitched" and "Jeannie" will find them this fall on Antenna TV:

by Anonymousreply 2809/02/2013

Great! Thanks, R28!

So maybe this is the reason MeTV removed "Bewitched" from its schedule, because it's going to start airing on Antenna TV? Though lots of shows air simultaneously on different networks all over cable (like "The Golden Girls," which is on Hallmark, Logo, WE, etc.), maybe the competition between MeTV and Antenna TV prevents them from airing one show at the same time (I recall a few months ago when "Adam-12" started airing on MeTV, it immediately stopped airing on Antenna.)

by Anonymousreply 2909/02/2013

I wish either MeTV or Antenna would show some of the old music / variety shows but I suppose getting the rights for the music could be a pain in the ass. I'd like to watch some reruns of "Laugh-In" too.

by Anonymousreply 3009/02/2013

It is kind of curious, r30. The Lawrence Welk show thrives on PBS. There is an audience for music/variety. I remember when Laugh-In and Sonny and Cher were syndicated into half hour programs. Carol Burnett most successfully.

I'd love to see Madame's Place rebroadcast somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 3109/02/2013

Good news about the Movie-of-the-Week slot on METV; TVLand should've done that a long time ago

by Anonymousreply 3209/02/2013

I was a MeTV fan until I noticed that they edit their shows! Damn! I was watching one of my favorite episodes of The Mary Tyler Moore show, the episode titled: Mary Richards, Producer and the scene where Lou Grant is arguing about a football game, with a drunken patron in a bar, had a whole slew of lines hacked out! This really pissed me off! There were other MTM episodes where I clearly noticed edit chops! I didn't realize that MeTV was in the business to slice and dice these classic shows. I will stick to YouTube, Hulu and my DVD's. At least I can watch whole shows and not be infuriated by the egregious practice of butchering classic media just to allow for more damn commercials!

by Anonymousreply 3309/09/2013

Alfred Hitchcock on Antenna TV, is that off the schedule?

by Anonymousreply 3409/09/2013

No, R34, it's still on the schedule.

by Anonymousreply 3509/09/2013

R33, are you new to television?

Syndicated reruns have ALWAYS been edited. The older the show, the longer the running time, the more material that's been cut.

by Anonymousreply 3609/09/2013

A lot of the decisions about who runs what has to do with who has the rights.

Both Me-TV and Antenna TV are based here in Chicago - I asked about some show (which escapes me now) and someone at MeTV explained that they had one catalog, and Antenna had the other - I think it was Warner Bros. as one and Sony as the other.

So depending on who produced it originally and where that falls now after all those mergers, that's where it ends up.

by Anonymousreply 3709/09/2013

Well I can understand the two catalog concept when it comes to series, but it seems that this extends to seasons of series as well. Me-TV, for example doesn't have the rights to the final season and a half of 'Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea', so anyone hoping to see the entire run of the program are out of luck if their source is Me-TV.

by Anonymousreply 3809/09/2013

Iwish metv airs the rarely seen Untouchables two - part episodes The Scarface Mob, The Big Train, Guns of Zangara.

by Anonymousreply 3909/25/2013

I don't care for MeTV's fall lineup. Can't they do any better than Gilliagan's Island and F-Troop? Egads those were terrible shows. The same goes for Hogan's Heros which was another awful program. On top of that MeTV is guilty of showing classic shows with scenes edited out. I thought all the vintage media on MeTV was full length, unedited and uncut. I noticed this scene cutting when watching The Mary Tyler Moore Show. I guess I'll just stick with youtube and Hulu and my DVD's.

by Anonymousreply 4009/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.