Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Katherine Heigl has informed all three networks she is READY to return to series TV

She is currently negotiating with several networks--including NBC and ABC.

Being a mom it is tough always traveling from location to location for film work.

With series work, you are home, being able to be a mom. While at the same time being able to act.

Hopefully she will be attached to a project soon, ready as a mid-season replacement.

by Anonymousreply 7809/11/2013

In other words, the movie career didn't pan out.

by Anonymousreply 108/08/2013

Why? Is this usual for actors?

by Anonymousreply 208/08/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 308/08/2013

R1 she is doing this for her child. Being on location constantly, she has to leave her child at home.

This way she can be a mom, be at home and still be an actress.

What's wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 408/08/2013

Plus her movie career is DOA.

by Anonymousreply 508/08/2013

The Frau instincts are kicking in.

by Anonymousreply 608/08/2013

I thought she was doing OK in a limited nothing but romcoms way. I thought she had potential, there are certainly worse. If only the same fate would befall Jennifer "Not a Movie Star!!!" Aniston.

This dumb bitch though has major 'tude and shit on her best gig (Knocked Up).

by Anonymousreply 708/08/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 808/08/2013

R4 Nothing against her, but I don't remember any of the movie she starred, probably never saw any, just poster, don't remember where. It's usual with tv actors, once they're off the air, people forget.

by Anonymousreply 908/08/2013

Ohhhh! I'm so excited!

by Anonymousreply 1008/08/2013

If her movie career had worked out there'd be no way she'd go back to TV. I'm not buying this for one minute. She didn't prove to be solid box office and superstar A-list after she left the show. I've read that her diva attitude turned lots of A-list stars and directors off. She came across as a negative diva wannabe and loose cannon in the last year of Grey's (in interviews, imho.) One must remember to be pleasant and a team player in Hollywood. You can only get away w/ acting like a spoiled child for so long.

by Anonymousreply 1108/08/2013

good luck with that. she burned her bridges at the network that launched her career. no one there would work with her.

by Anonymousreply 1208/08/2013

R11 what he child?

by Anonymousreply 1308/08/2013

Wasn't she difficult to work with?

by Anonymousreply 1408/08/2013

R12 ABC has opened its door WIDE OPEN for Katherine Heigl.

She is giving ABC first rights refusal to come up with something. She has a bit of loyalty to the network that aired Grey's Anatomy.

by Anonymousreply 1508/08/2013

R11 Being an a-list movie star requires excellent casting choices, you need to find the best starring roles and those movies need to make lots of money. The movies she starred were less than average. She should have stayed in GA for 10 yrs and make a good money.

by Anonymousreply 1608/08/2013

well said, katherine's publicist- you are certainly earning your retainer! but i doubt that. everyone knows what a pain she was on the set of grey's (not that she was the *only* pain).

by Anonymousreply 1708/08/2013

She extended an olive branch to Sondra Rhimes to return to Grey's Anatomy and she was turned down flat.

by Anonymousreply 1808/08/2013

Love the tone of the thread's title, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1908/08/2013

She has a reputation as a raving lunatic cunt. It won't be easy for her to come back, and her movie career hasn't exactly caught on fire.

And Shonda Rhimes was right to tell her to fuck off. It was glorious when Rhimes said in that Oprah interview "When people show you who they really are, believe them." LOL! Shonda called that bitch OUT.

I'd sooner expect Isaiah Washington back on Grey's before this chain smoking hag.

by Anonymousreply 2008/08/2013

The series, a drama that Katherine Heigl is attached to star in and produce, is being written by Alexi Hawley. Details are unclear, but Hawley's background as a writer-producer on ABC's Body of Proof and Castle suggests the project would be a procedural drama rather than the kind of medical soap that made the actress a household name.

by Anonymousreply 2108/08/2013

"Flyin' Heigl!" (ABC, spring 2015)

Free-spirited flight attendant Katherine Hyman (Heigl) is used to waking up in a different world capitol every day -- often with a different man! But all that changes when she's given custody of two nephews and a niece from a sister she didn't even know she had! Now Katherine has to juggle her career with motherhood -- and her new roommate Dorian (Alec Mapa), another flight attendant who can take up the slack in the parenting department. Linda Lavin is attached to the project as Katherine's mother, along with "Newsradio"'s Vicki Lewis as Katherine's sardonic best friend, "the oldest living stew at TransGlobal Airlines."

by Anonymousreply 2208/08/2013

Is there another actress in Hollywood, either on TV or the Big Screen, that everybody cares about less? I can't think of a single actress less liked and paid attention to than Heigl. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 2308/08/2013

r22, you forgot the classic DL sitcom blurb phrase. Otherwise, well done!

by Anonymousreply 2408/08/2013

"......well television doesn't NEED yah!"

by Anonymousreply 2608/08/2013

I thought Linda Lavin was attached to the Sean Hayes new show. Maybe Patty Duke cud play katherine's mom?

by Anonymousreply 2708/08/2013

Cybill Shephard should play Heigl's mom.

by Anonymousreply 2808/08/2013

[quote]In other words, the movie career didn't pan out.

I agree. "I wanted to be home for my kid" and "I wasn't looking to do TV but the script was just too good to pass up" are the kind of ready-made excuses actors whose film careers go belly up feed the media to avoid telling the truth, which is "My attempt at becoming an A-list movie star went nowhere fast, so doing a TV series was my next best option."

Case in point: Andy Samberg, who said in an interview this week about his new Fox series, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine," that he "wasn't looking" to do a TV series but the "script was so good" that yada yada yada ...

Translation: My supposed-to-have-been big transition to major film comedy star post-SNL a la Eddie Murphy didn't even come close to happening, so back to TV I went.

by Anonymousreply 2908/09/2013

I enjoyed her the first season on Grey's and before that on Roswell. She may be full of herself, but she!s talented.

by Anonymousreply 3008/09/2013

"All three networks"? Is this 1980, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3108/09/2013

didn't she go on Letterman and bitch about 17 hour days on GREY'S?

I'd heard they'd worked her so long so she could get out to promote her new movie.

If you want to hear an actor complain give him/her a job.

by Anonymousreply 3208/09/2013

R32 - I think she was joking.

by Anonymousreply 3308/09/2013

R22 just like J Aniston movie.

by Anonymousreply 3408/09/2013

Jennifer Aniston should play Heigl's sister.

by Anonymousreply 3508/09/2013

R35 as a supporting actress, naturally.

by Anonymousreply 3608/09/2013

[quote]Jennifer Aniston should play Heigl's sister.

Wait a minute!

by Anonymousreply 3708/09/2013

[quote]I thought Linda Lavin was attached to the Sean Hayes new show. Maybe Patty Duke cud play katherine's mom?

Anyone working on that Sean Hayes show ought to be lining up a new job for, oh, October or so.

by Anonymousreply 3808/09/2013

A recent pic

by Anonymousreply 3908/09/2013

What else could she do? There hasn't been an actress yet that could do movies and also be a mom. It just isn't possible.

I'm glad she's a mom. Now I can see her on TV. It was difficult leaving the basement to go to the movie theaters.

by Anonymousreply 4008/09/2013

It's a lie, r4.

She arrogantly left a successful TV show for a movie career because KNOCKED UP was a hit.

She's done nothing but flop ever since and has become box office POISON.

So now she's come crawling back to television desperate.

Shame on you for spreading her spin.

by Anonymousreply 4108/09/2013

Why did Knocked Up do so well?

by Anonymousreply 4208/09/2013

[quote]Why did Knocked Up do so well?

Seth Rogen

by Anonymousreply 4308/09/2013

R43 - No, it wasn't because of Seth.

by Anonymousreply 4408/09/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 4508/09/2013

she would have still had a career if she hadn't bit the hand that fed her (Grey's Anatomy).

KH was nominated for an award, then dissed the writers saying the writing wasn't good enough

GA worked around her schedule but she still pissed and moaned

by Anonymousreply 4608/09/2013

Movie career FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 4708/09/2013

R4, grow up.

by Anonymousreply 4808/10/2013

And you grow up, as well, R40.

by Anonymousreply 4908/10/2013

Oh shut up OP, you public relations intern, assigned to the "social media" blogosphere and trying to start some fake viral gossip. Go peddle your minivan pablum in the comments section of EOnline or send it to CrazyDaysAndNights.com as a "Blind Item."

by Anonymousreply 5008/10/2013

Isn't this a little too soon?

Shouldn't she warm up by saving lives, having a health scare, guest staring on a Nick at Nite show, and then showing up at faux charity events with her little kid?

by Anonymousreply 5108/10/2013

People! Don't forget how supportive she was for her gay BFF TR!

by Anonymousreply 5208/10/2013

[quote]No, it wasn't because of Seth.

I beg to differ. Seth's antihero-who-becomes-a-hero persona embodied by a slacker slob was what made the movie fresh and unique. Not too many romantic leading men, other than neurotic Woody Allen, have been depicted like this in Hollywood ... ever.

On the other hand, I can name at least 10 actresses-of-the-moment who could have played Heigl's fairly interchangeable role (the ambitious blonde babe object of his affections - now there's a stretch) to equal or greater success.

by Anonymousreply 5308/10/2013

Why would any of the networks be interested? Serious question here.

I've never found Katherine particularly interesting. She's a decent actress, but sort of bland and void of any emotion that doesn't come off forced.

She's doesn't bring in box office or ratings (since I don't believe Grey's lost viewership when she left) and she's been seen as a pain in the ass to work with.

She's basically forgettable.

So, why would the Networks fight to get her show? Is there some huge contingent clamoring to get her on their tv screens? If she hadn't made this "announcement" would anyone have even remembered she wasn't around?

by Anonymousreply 5408/10/2013

She exudes air d' frau. That dud she co-starred with Ashton Kutcher: even in the clips she came across like his mother. There's nothing sophisticated or sensual or remotely charismatic about her: just the smell of sour breast milk and sulking whining entitlement, like one of those lumpen mommies who only give blowjobs for what they can get back. I'd love to know how she ever got to first base in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 5508/10/2013

[quote] Why would any of the networks be interested? Serious question here.

ABC is at the front of the line and has first right refusal over her current project. Next in line is NBC.

by Anonymousreply 5608/10/2013

[quote]ABC is at the front of the line and has first right refusal over her current project. Next in line is NBC.

Yeah, but I can't help but think the only reason ABC is interested in it is because of who the writer/creator is.

by Anonymousreply 5708/10/2013

Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 5808/10/2013

I would imagine that this is what poor Glenn did when she threw in the towel and realized that her movie career was over.

by Anonymousreply 5908/10/2013

If she really wanted to spend more time with her kid wouldn't she be gunning for a 13-episode Cable series?

by Anonymousreply 6008/10/2013

She's got a momager like the Kartrashians, Lara Flynn Boyle and Shitney. That alone makes me dislike her.

by Anonymousreply 6108/10/2013

R60 - Isn't it the case that the cable shows have longer recording sessions per episode so that the overall time is similar to 22 episodes Broadcast?

by Anonymousreply 6208/10/2013

[quote]If she really wanted to spend more time with her kid wouldn't she be gunning for a 13-episode Cable series?

If she really wanted to spend more time with her kid she'd just exit acting completely.

by Anonymousreply 6308/10/2013

The cuntiest cunt who ever cunted.

by Anonymousreply 6408/10/2013

NBC DESPERATE for a hit, has moved to the front of the line and given Katherine Heigl a series commitment without even a script or pilot commissioned.

The Grey's Anatomy alum will executive-produce and star in a new CIA drama. The untitled project is described as "Scandal meets The West Wing" and tells the story of a CIA officer who is chosen to give the president a daily briefing and handle the most dangerous threats to America, The Following's Alexi Hawley will write and executive-produce.

"The story is not only compelling and intelligent, but a look behind the curtain at the CIA we haven't seen before in film or television,"

I am thrilled and honored to have been asked to be a part of developing these stories and this character and bringing it all to life."

by Anonymousreply 6509/09/2013

"we haven't seen before"

REALLY?

by Anonymousreply 6609/09/2013

R4, she'd have to be making more than one film every few years to "be on location constantly".

Puh-LEEZ.

by Anonymousreply 6709/09/2013

[quote]Being an a-list movie star requires excellent casting choices, you need to find the best starring roles and those movies need to make lots of money

Oh, DEFINITELY.

by Anonymousreply 6809/09/2013

[quote]"Scandal meets The West Wing"

That's like saying "Family Guy meets American Dad"

by Anonymousreply 6909/09/2013

Couldn't she work for all the networks at the same time? She's a pro, popular, audiences adore her.

by Anonymousreply 7009/09/2013

i hope no one hires her

she looks like a major stuck up cuntess

by Anonymousreply 7209/09/2013

Bump

by Anonymousreply 7309/10/2013

I could have sworn I saw her on an ad for ZzzQuil tonight.

by Anonymousreply 7409/10/2013

Rejoice Heidi Hengele is ready for her close up! I pray it's a show about lawyers, cops or doctors!

Now, who is she again?

by Anonymousreply 7509/10/2013

[quote]...like one of those lumpen mommies who only give blowjobs for what they can get back. I'd love to know how she ever got to first base in Hollywood.

You do know, R55, read what you just wrote. t

by Anonymousreply 7609/10/2013

She'd be interesting as a cop.

by Anonymousreply 7709/11/2013

NBC: The shitfest continues.

by Anonymousreply 7809/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.