Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm devastated

A guy that I have been in a relationship for a little over a year dumped me last night. He said that he had little feelings for me and it would be best if we broke up. He said that he had had very little feelings for me during the whole years but now he has decided that he doesn't want to try to love me any more, because I cannot be loved.

I'm devastated and heartbroken. I can't breathe. I loved him so much, so much and he has been the best thing to me during that whole year. I was a very good boyfriend to him, not demanding him to be what he's not, allowing him all the space he wanted, treated him with respect and love, I gave him everything because I really loved him and I was so happy for having me in my life.

I knew he didn't love me but I always thought he had feelings for me, why else would he want to spend that year with me, every weekend together, sometimes after work as well. I gave him all the sex he wanted, but he didn't want sex much. And now I realize it was because he didn't really care for me at all. Wasn't interested.

I'm crying as I post this. I'm shattered and so heartbroken I can see no sun any more. Only darkness.

What do I do? How do I get over this?

I'm 43 and I'm convinced I will never again find someone. Especially someone who could love me.

Help me, please.

by Anonymousreply 10909/23/2013

So sorry about the forgotten words and typing mistakes. I can't see much because I'm crying.

by Anonymousreply 108/08/2013

Sorry to hear that.

It's hard right now but don't believe the lie that you won't find someone else. There's always someone else and frankly, it sounds like you dodged a bullet. I know that's no help right now, but eventually you'll find comfort in knowing that.

by Anonymousreply 208/08/2013

*hugs* OP. Other people will come on here to give you plenty of advice, but I will just say that it sounds like you are better off without him (although I do know it does not feel like that now, and may not for a while).

If he really said you "cannot be loved" then he's a cunt of the highest order, and has some serious issues that you have either been blind to, or just didn't want to see. It's beyond cruel and asshole-ish to say something like that to someone you are breaking up with - completely unforgiveable. You're already doing enough damage with the dumping; no need to twist the knife by leaving them with that kind of comment, which they might always remember and be affected by going forward.

It's also patently nonsense. Such cruelty says far more about him than it does about you. As I said, you are better off, and one day you'll realise this.

by Anonymousreply 308/08/2013

Get out of your head, meet new people, go different places, volunteer for things you believe in. You are too old to feel sorry for yourself, go to grief counseling AND MOVE ON!

by Anonymousreply 408/08/2013

I know it's hard, OP, but you have to pick up and move on - but first take the time to find out what this says about you and the guys you are attracting. He sounds like kind of a douche, but the important thing is not him - it's you. It sounds like you have been alone in this relationship for quite a long time - ask yourself why you didn't realize this until now. There's someone out there.

by Anonymousreply 508/08/2013

OP, this is a pretty simple statement but it's something you should try to keep in mind: This man not loving doesn't mean that no one will love you.

by Anonymousreply 608/08/2013

As my Daddy always said, "You were looking for a guy when you found this one..."

There WILL be someone, of course there will. This is just grief, and if you give it 8 weeks without contacting him, 8 solid weeks, mark it on a calendar, and then re-evaluate on the last day of the 8 weeks, you'll see how far you've come. R4 is right...cry for no more than 48 hours, then splash water on your face and get out there...counseling is a great idea too. Some people have what is called "complicated grief"...that might be going on here, or some kind of abandonment depression. You'll be fine.

Dolly Parton said this: A broken heart ain't gonna kill you. And she was right, OP...youll get through it, we've all been there and we're all still alive.

I happen to be a bitter old shrew but, what the hell, I'm alive, right?!!

by Anonymousreply 708/08/2013

OP in the long run he did you a favor. And it says more about him than you.

He KNEW you had feelings for him, while he KNEW he had no feelings for you.

It says a lot for a guy who strings someone along and just uses them for their own benefit.

You deserve a lot more than this guy.

There is someone out there for you, and you will find it.

Stay strong, chin up.

by Anonymousreply 808/08/2013

[quote]As my Daddy always said, "You were looking for a guy when you found this one..."

Was Daddy in his dotage? What did that MEAN?

by Anonymousreply 908/08/2013

OP this guy not loving you back yet staying in a relationship with minimal sex for over a year says a lot more about his issues. The best way to get over a guy is to get under (or on top of) another one. Go have some fun!

by Anonymousreply 1008/08/2013

Op, it feels shitty but - better one year than five or ten.

I'm joining the chorus of voices telling you it's him, not you. Can you treat yourself to something nice? Take a month and like other people said, no contact, but also be just very selfish and kind to yourself. Treat yourself the way you would treat someone you loved who was in a lot of pain and grief who needed your love and care.

Then when you feel better, because you will, go out and get laid.

by Anonymousreply 1108/08/2013

And STAY AWAY from his Facebook page

You will only be picking at a wound.

by Anonymousreply 1208/08/2013

R9 if you can't figure out what that meant, you're in YOUR dotage.

by Anonymousreply 1308/08/2013

I'm very sorry you're going through this, OP. I can relate, although the circumstances were a bit different. Please remember that life does get better. I really like what R11 said:

[quote]Treat yourself the way you would treat someone you loved who was in a lot of pain and grief who needed your love and care.

Be your own best friend.

You might also seek out a good therapist, just to have a sympathetic ear to get you through this rough spot.

Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 1408/08/2013

He should have done it months ago....since it was pretty clear it was a very off balance relationship going on....he lead you on way too glad he finally ripped the bandaid off so you can recover and find a guy who loves you back! ( unless you go for the wrong ones all the time....not uncommon)

by Anonymousreply 1508/08/2013

Daddy was the one constantly repeating himself.

by Anonymousreply 1608/08/2013

[quote]As my Daddy always said, "You were looking for a guy when you found this one...

Was this Daddy Big Boots?

by Anonymousreply 1708/08/2013

So sorry, honey. Be good to yourself and give it time. You will get through this.

by Anonymousreply 1808/08/2013

OP, sorry to hear of this but may I suggest therapy? Only because you have great material to work on now as this has obviously triggered all kinds of emotional and behavioural responses in you - you could gain so much by working on this and have an even more productive future.

For the moment remember just because he said it, doesn't mean it's true. It's just how he copes with things. I'm sure you're a great boyfriend, you just need to learn about taking care of yourself and your own needs. He doesn't sound capable of a loving relationship but that is no reflection on you. Go easy on yourself, be gentle. Love yourself the way you would want him to, the way he was unable to do. And do find a therapist and do some work with this material. You'll be all the better for it.

by Anonymousreply 1908/08/2013

Good luck, OP. Make yourself busy with other things, and you'll soon forget that creep.

by Anonymousreply 2108/08/2013

"If he really said you "cannot be loved" then he's a cunt of the highest order,"

I agree.

Meanwhile, OP, as you gratefully gaze at this asshole in your rear view mirror, you've got to ask yourself a hard question: why would you stay in a relationship with little sex and affection for over a year? I say this as someone who's built many a relationship on a whole lot of nothing and now I'm just not willing to give to someone who just takes. You have to figure out what's really worth the heartache for you.

by Anonymousreply 2208/08/2013

My condolences, OP. This guy sounds like a real jerk, putting the blame on you on why it didn't work out, when he sounds like he's the one with the problem. I'll echo what everyone else has are better off without him. You are now freed up to find someone who will love you and treat you well.

by Anonymousreply 2308/08/2013

It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.

by Anonymousreply 2408/08/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2608/08/2013

You'll get over him when it sinks in that it wasn't reciprocal. Do you really want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't feel the same way about you?

Been there, OP. Time is your best friend.

by Anonymousreply 2708/08/2013

"I'm devastated and heartbroken. I can't breathe."

by Anonymousreply 2808/08/2013

What R26 said. You are suffering from a case of arrested development more than anything else. This is all about YOU, not anyone else. Why would you be in a relationship that was so lopsided to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 3008/08/2013

[quote]I can't breathe.

I know the feeling!

by Anonymousreply 3108/08/2013

43 is young. The guy went out of his way to hurt your feelings saying "you can't be loved" Maybe he didn't , but that's bullshit. Spend sometime with friends, don't roll down the blinds. You never know who you'll meet around the corner ...all the best to you

by Anonymousreply 3208/08/2013

Oh-hhhh, so sorry. Please take good care of yourself right now and give yourself plenty of time to grieve. You'll have to do most of it in private, probably. Do you journal? For me, that's a good way to process stuff like this. Friends can quickly become overwhelmed by someone's raw emotions. Sorry this happened. Rule of thumb: It will take at least a year until you feel 'over' this guy, based on what you have written. I didn't believe that it would take that long when it happened to me, but it did. And then one day, I could look back and not be destroyed by what I remembered. Courage!

by Anonymousreply 3308/08/2013

Please, please do not believe his bullshit about you being unloveable. He doesn't know what he's talking about and he sounds like he's being a heartless prick right now.

by Anonymousreply 3408/08/2013

Why does he think you are unloveable?

This is the mystery that you must solve.

by Anonymousreply 3608/08/2013

Because he wears black on the outside cuz black is how he feels on the inside...

by Anonymousreply 3708/08/2013

I smell clingy and codependent. Those people indeed cannot be loved.

by Anonymousreply 3808/08/2013

Why do people spend 24/7 trying to get someone to "love" them?

When you're young and sexy it seems like it's waiting around every corner. It's not. You're experiencing infatuation, and that should disappear as you get older and wiser.

Love is so rare it's not worth obsessing about; if it happens it happens. Just live your life.

by Anonymousreply 3908/08/2013

Just remember that the wrong things aren't supposed to last

Baby it's over and done

The rest is gonna come when you let it

by Anonymousreply 4008/08/2013

So sorry, OP. Do you think this guy was comfortable with being out? Perhaps the idea of being in a relationship made it all too real for him. I assume he's in your age category and most guys in their early 40's still have an active sex interest. If he wasn't into having sex often and if he maintained that he didn't love you, why was he there all that time? It's not like you guys were fishing buddies from work. I think somebody needs to show this guy the definition of "projection" in the DSM. It sounds like he was made uncomfortable by the intimacy of the situation and he bolted.

by Anonymousreply 4108/08/2013

OP is the "I'm Pathetic" Troll. Crying as he types? BF told him he "can't be loved"? 43 years old and hysterical over the demise of a sexless one-year relationship with a jerk? Please.

by Anonymousreply 4208/08/2013

Play on a non stop loop " I'll never love this way again" by the great Miss Dionne until your sick of it. Then move on

by Anonymousreply 4308/08/2013

No person "cannot be loved", this is such a stupid, cruel excuse for someone who lived by your side a comfortable life and just took all and gave nothing. Sorry to say that, but this was never love and now you have the chance to find someone who really loves you as you deserve it.

Nobody deserve a cold guy, boyfriend like you had. You give and give and did everything but deep down you maybe felt that you get nothing back, you felt deep down the truth but this is of course hard.

YOU ARE an important person, unique and you have the right to love and you're lovable. How hard and cold must be a person who said to someone "you cannot be loved"! Would you say that to a person?

It was not you who cannot be loved he was unable to love but you can! YOU CAN LOVE, you have this heat and power within you. He does not deserve you and people like him cannot be in a happy relationship. It was not your fault! He cannot love, even if you would be perfect. In his eyes it's never enough!

The pain will go, it's at the moment not easy but you will be in Love again and happy, you are not old, you are not not incapable of love. Many People thought like you at the moment but than they fall in love again and often they said thank you to the universe because without that happening I would never find my true love! So, all the best, you are wounderful and you will find love again! Real love!

by Anonymousreply 4408/08/2013

Tell yourself there nothing wrong with opening your heart enough to have feelings for another person. Whether it is reciprocated or not is beside the point. We are all human.

That is what my friends told me and that is what I am doing.

by Anonymousreply 4508/08/2013

It's called projection, OP. That's when a person projects his emotions onto you. He knows he is unlovable but it is easier for him to say that it it is you that cannot be loved.

Grieve and move on. And, don't ever be with someone who doesn't feel the same about you that you feel about him. You deserve better.

by Anonymousreply 4608/08/2013

OP, I've nearly had the same experience. Although family and good friends can provide a sturdy support system, a good therapist will help you. You will triumphantly emerge from this. My heart goes out to you. Remember, "That which does not kill you, makes you stronger." Also, I suggest Joan Crawford, Bette Davis and Susan Hayward movies for vicarious pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 4708/08/2013

OP, he was a using punk. He used you b/c he was secretly waiting for what he considers better to come along.

You'll be alright. You have love to share. Somebody IS out there waiting, praying for you to come along.

Two years from now, you'll be where you want, he'll be floundering b/c he does this in every relationship, not just you. Forget about him & put yourself out there. Sounds like you're a catch who doesn't realize their self worth.

Drop that zero & get yourself a hero...maybe just in time for Autumn. The best season to fall in love.

by Anonymousreply 4808/08/2013

youre right im 53 no ones eve gonna love me

by Anonymousreply 4908/08/2013

Don't you have any friends to talk to? I think Datalounge would be the last place I would immediately run to for this sort of thing !

by Anonymousreply 5008/08/2013

OP sounds so clingy, needy, and desperate, I'm only reading this thread and I want to dump him.

by Anonymousreply 5108/08/2013

OP, you do sound a little needy/clingy. That is never attractive. Even if you're a 22 year old cute twink bottom.

by Anonymousreply 5208/08/2013

God, man. Even Misshelenbedd has a ltr. You must really be a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5308/08/2013

I think I was 43 when I last dated someone for any length of time. It was only two months though, before that user dumped me. Still have no idea what happened or why. It was very sudden, very unexpected, very cold.

I showed up at his door one Friday evening after work, as I usually did, and knocked. He came to the door, opened it, took one look at me, and slammed the door in my face, locked it, turned out the lights, and pretended not to be home. Didn't answer the phone or any texts (which was unusual since until that day he generally texted me several times a day).

That was the last I've seen or heard from him.

I don't even bother dating any more. The pain has never been worth what little pleasure there ever was.

I'm 48 now, and I'll be single the rest of my life. Which isn't much of a change from my past... added all up, every relationship I've ever had, including "two week flings", doesn't even add up to 5 years. Barely over 4 I think.

Apparently, the whole loving romantic relationship is just something that is never going to happen for me.

And I've made peace with that. Because it's far better to be single than in a bad relationship, or with someone that doesn't care about you really.

by Anonymousreply 5408/08/2013

What happened to the OP? I hope he didn't do anything... drastic.

by Anonymousreply 5508/08/2013

But, I love him! What more can I do?

by Anonymousreply 5608/08/2013

R46 had it. This is projection. We all know you can be loved, OP. He's saying that about himself.

by Anonymousreply 5708/08/2013

I don't have any advice I can give you--but man, what an asshole your ex was.

by Anonymousreply 5808/08/2013

I could barely read the first paragraph until thinking of "Modern Family" and the line "Do I need to call you a Wah-bu-lance?

Seriously...pull up your Capri pants...realize it's time to move on, slap on your come-fuck-me pumps, tie the mattress on your back and move on to whatever new beau is next and get on with your life!

by Anonymousreply 5908/08/2013

OP, look up 'stages of grief', get a therapist, do a LOT of writing, get it all out on paper. Do NOT contact him. DO talk to friends, DO take time to yourself.

Cry as much as you need to. Don't be ashamed of it at all.

Sorry this is happening to you.

by Anonymousreply 6008/08/2013

Shake the crumbs from your codependent caftan, OP, and grow a pair.

by Anonymousreply 6108/08/2013

I often wonder if assholes like R61 (and all the assholes posting similar replies) think they're actually [italic]helping[/italic], or if they're only interested in putting others down to try and make themselves feel better, or what.

by Anonymousreply 6208/08/2013

All bitchiness aside, take away from this thread the one thing: you're better off, and it won't feel like it for awhile. But trust us, all of us.

by Anonymousreply 6308/08/2013

R58, yeah... but he seemed so sweet and nice until that point, really. He made most of the first moves, he texted more, he seemed to really like me. Just about the time I was starting to believe it, he pulled that stunt.

And this after bitching about how his last boyfriend dumped him via text-message, and how rude that was.

Well, I didn't even get a text message. I got nothing. Not one word.

And really, it's not even my worst breakup/dumping, and he wasn't even the worst jerk-of-an-ex in my life.

Which is why I just give up at this point.

by Anonymousreply 6408/08/2013

R62 I don't know what coddling people and telling them white lies does for them.

A dose of reality is far more compassionate in my book than all sorts of fluffy bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 6508/08/2013

Because we were all there at one point or another, R65 - we were sad, and we felt we'd been made a fool of - that's happened to every single person here. Okay, great if it made you a battle hardened bitch - but there was a day when you weren't and shit like this burned like hell. So maybe just reach out a talon to the newbies now and then, eh?

by Anonymousreply 6608/08/2013

[quote]Seriously...pull up your Capri pants...realize it's time to move on, slap on your come-fuck-me pumps, tie the mattress on your back and move on to whatever new beau is next and get on with your life!

That's really unfair. Everyone needs time to grieve.

[quote]Seriously...pull up your Capri pants...

This was kind of funny though.

by Anonymousreply 6708/08/2013

Jesus Christ, you fucking pussy. Man up and move on.

by Anonymousreply 6808/08/2013

OP, dear, it has been one day. Cry yourself out, gently think about how this actually is not as surprising as you think, and how this fellow isn't all that great, and work your way towards rationality and better sense. Why would this be your last chance at love, just because you're 43?

And most of all quit posting your sad hysteria on the internet. We may be understanding but we are not your friends, and you may be too upset to tolerate the abuse you are loudly inviting.

by Anonymousreply 7008/08/2013

When I got dumped after a two year relationship, I couldn't get over it. It was so odd, because I'm not normally "that" guy. But something about it was so devastating. I kept trying to get my ex back, pining for him, trying to have him explain to me why we broke up. God, my friends must have hated me then. I think the key for me getting over it, and maybe you OP, was when I finally quit trying to "understand" why we broke up.

I surrendered to the fact I couldn't change my ex's mind, nor could I understand it. Love isn't science. It's nebulous and strange and often makes no sense. So, then I stayed away from him for six months. Now? I'm so, so happy we're not together. He's a good friend, but what a mess!

Hang in there!

by Anonymousreply 7108/08/2013

you sound like a needy mess op....cats!!! lots of them!!!

by Anonymousreply 7208/08/2013

Have any men posted on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 7308/08/2013

OP sorry to hear about your situation. Don't worry so much about the future and move on from the past. I think before you go out to find a new relationship or someone to love, you need to first love yourself. I know that sounds corny but people just suck sometimes and you have no control over them no matter what you do.

by Anonymousreply 7408/08/2013

OP, there's a lot of great advice here, some of it cliché or obvious, but here's my absolute fave, from r10:

[quote]The best way to get over a guy is to get under (or on top of) another one. Go have some fun!

After the devastating end of a 25-year partnership, over time, that was the most effective thing for me. Also love someone's Dolly Parton quote: "Nobody ever died of a broken heart".

Time really does heal everything, but you have to allow that to happen. Under NO circumstances are you ever to have contact with this cold creep again. Do NOT look at his Facebook page or even have any contact with mutual friends. I'm telling you everything I did wrong. It stretched out my misery and overanalysis.

Let yourself mourn and cry for a few weeks or months, but you must get out there and aggressively flirt and fuck whomever is reasonably attractive and be safe about it. The majority will either be rejections or non-relationship material. 15 minutes of sucking a married guy's cock and making him cum (and vice versa) nearly erased a year's worth of grief.

by Anonymousreply 7508/08/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 7608/08/2013

Deep wounds take time to heal, op, and they will heal. Move on and remember; 'look back, but don't stare', learn from ithe experience, and move away from it.

by Anonymousreply 7708/08/2013

"He said that he had little feelings for me"

I'm assuming that this is not an EST because the above statement is particularly cruel.

I was talking about this today with a friend. Not about you because it's always about me.

Anyway, I asked my friend why I am so attracted to crazy people. He said "you're not, they're attracted to you because they think you're normal." I'm not but appear so on the outside.

No. Dating etiquette requires someone to say "It's me, not you." Or "I need some space to find myself." NO ONE says I have little feelings for you.

Let your DL sisters have at him. I promise you that there will a few shreds of fabric from his Dockers left after we have at him.

by Anonymousreply 7808/08/2013

Take a break from relationships for a while. After a nasty, unexpected break-up a couple years ago, I immediately went out and really tried to shine it on so I could find someone new. I realized after a while that everyone could see through the act and that, in fact, I was surrounded by an aura of sadness and neediness that worked like some kind of repellant. A very close friend of mine actually said something to me about -- gently, and nicely -- one night when I thought I was total hot man bait. You need a break. You need to catch your breath and re-group. Take the best care of yourself that you ever have. You'll come out of this in much better shape.

by Anonymousreply 7908/09/2013

Just how little were those "feelings"?

by Anonymousreply 8008/09/2013

[quote]15 minutes of sucking a married guy's cock and making him cum (and vice versa) nearly erased a year's worth of grief.

A therapist would have a field day with you.

by Anonymousreply 8108/09/2013

your ex is an asshole.

he doesn't love you back, he'd break up with you in the end, it's better sooner than later.

by Anonymousreply 8208/09/2013

OP here. I so much want to thank you for the replies. I have tears in my eyes, but this time the tears are there because I'm so incredibly thankful and touched by the understanding, caring, beautiful answers that I received. You made me feel like I deserve love again. Thank you. And then there are those typical Datalounge classics, that made me laugh out loud. "OP, just how fat are you", "you just need to suck a married guy's cock" etc etc. Thank you, for making me laugh, sincere and happy laughter.

I appreciate all of you from the bottom of my heart!!!

And update on my broken heart and broken relationship: I have been strong and have no contacted him. He has not contacted me. And I think that is the only way to get over him, to let go, completely. No pining over what was, because now I understand that what there was, was no real love from him part.

Thank you for all of you who said that I still can be loved. The thing he said felt so bad and, against my better judgement and what my brain told me, I believed him. You made me believe in myself again. Thank you.

No, this is not a troll post, like someone suggested. This was a genuine post by someone who honestly got his heart broken. And now, because of you, my fellow dataloungers, I'm trying to be on my way to heal it again.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 8308/11/2013

And.... arghhhh, the typos and grammar mistakes again. I'm sorry. The grammar nazi here will wet himself with excitement. I'm sorry. That's what I get for typing so fast and with emotion.

by Anonymousreply 8408/11/2013

OP here. I just re-read what I wrote and.... God, I'm so ashamed for having produced so many dumb mistakes. I'm sorry. I'm normal, I promise.

by Anonymousreply 8508/11/2013

So how are things now, OP? What's new? Give us an update! Hope you're feeling better.

by Anonymousreply 8609/22/2013

Oh for gods sake op, get a fucking hobby.

by Anonymousreply 8709/22/2013

.. Cuz when youre cryin' don't you know that your makeup starts to run .. And your eyes get red and scrappy .. Forget your troubles, have yourself a little fun... Have a ball! .. Forget it all! Forget your troubles, ... come on, .. Get Happy!!

by Anonymousreply 8809/22/2013

Sometimes you lose and sometimes you win, but the world goes round. One day it's kicks then it's kicks in the shins, but the world goes round. Sometimes your heart gets broken in pieces, but that doesn't alter a thing. Take it from me, there's still gonna be - a summer, a winter, a fall and a spring!

by Anonymousreply 8909/22/2013

R89 has a desperate need to be a cunt. .. And she is!!

by Anonymousreply 9009/22/2013

ohhhh-hhhhhh peee-eeeeeeee? Time to give us a follow-up report! Remember us? Your DL family? We gave your support when you needed it and now you avoid us like a jar of mayonnaise left out in the sun! What's happening????

by Anonymousreply 9109/22/2013

Seriously, OP. I'd like to know how you are doing, too. We all go through this shit from time to time and coping/recovery strategies are of interest. I, too, hope you are feeling better and doing all right.

by Anonymousreply 9209/22/2013

Dear OP,

Don't worry. You CAN be loved, just not by that piece of shit. Be glad you are rid of him!

by Anonymousreply 9309/22/2013

Now that you have waited long enough, you can start stalking your ex. Just keep a safe distance, and you can curse him under your breath for the shit he put you through. I've done it. It's cathartic.

And after I got dumped so that he could go back to his ex, I ended up finding a guy who was much more attractive, better in bed, and nicer to me. We've been together for 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 9409/22/2013

I fear this is what my girlfriend will write when I leave her, OP. I should have left her 3 years ago, she even said at the time that I shouldn't stay because I needed financial help, she said she would help me anyway even if we werne't together, but I couldn't take the chance. This recession really is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 9509/22/2013

I'm sorry, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9609/22/2013

Not everyone is as heartless and resilient as you bitches. Keep that in mind when you dispense youd dimestore advice, that love sits more heavily on some than on you.

by Anonymousreply 9709/22/2013

OP, it's his loss.

by Anonymousreply 9809/22/2013

This happened to me. You can love again, if that is what you want.

Better to find out after only one year than make life changing plans and find out years later.

by Anonymousreply 9909/22/2013

Wow. OP pulled a chat and run. That's the thanks we get for being nice.

It would be nice for a little follow-up. Hello!!??

by Anonymousreply 10009/22/2013

[quote]I'm 43 and I'm convinced I will never again find someone. Especially someone who could love me.

Well, OP, the good news is that you hadn't found anyone who loved you this time either, so you aren't any worse off than you were.

by Anonymousreply 10109/22/2013

OP is that friend who never calls while in a relationship but as soon as he gets dumped he's calling, crying, yadda yadda until he finds the next trick and then it's "Sorry, I'm sooo busy finding love again, Hon, gotta go, byeeee!" until he gets dumped again.

by Anonymousreply 10209/22/2013

Damn! Didn't read the date this began, thought it was recent. Now I see R102 may have nailed OP. However, the minute I started reading this I thought "Oh, God, this one's going to be a piece of work." You had me in the first paragraph OP until "because I cannot be loved." Mary, as they say around here.

There is a reason he said that, and not knowing you, none here can help. That most have been trying to comfort you tell me most around here can be a good sort. At least the ones taking the time to post. A good thing, that. Even if anonymous strangers. In this past year of your bliss, you had no idea he was reserved and had little feelings for you? Never a question on your part? Well, look how that turned out. You know, some guys just cannot be alone. They hang, maybe until something better comes along, or they just cannot take it any longer, and bail. What they do, no matter what is said, they are not thinking of you.

Breakups are hard, especially when you want something and he doesn't and you end up the one without. It has happened to me. It sucks. It hurts. It makes me mad. But you are not glass, you will not break. Just hurt for a while. Take time and grieve. There's little else to do. One day you'll think you haven't thought of him for maybe half a day. Time heals. Another day you'll think you have't thought of him for an entire day. For now, getting to that point will be the hard part.

People here saying he was a shit or wasn't worthy of you, well, really, what do they know? They're just trying to make you ease through your nights. Don't make too much of it. At 43 you've got about half your life left, make the most of that. Get counsel if you feel you must, but move on. I like what R11 said about "Treat yourself the way you would treat someone you loved who was in a lot of pain and grief who needed your love and care." I question some offerings of just go out and get laid, replace him, forget him, get another one … gay relationships are so disposable, if one doesn't work, just go get another? Shallow advice. Hurt a while, rage and pule, nurse yourself. If there is anything to you at all, you will survive this, you will be happy again.

by Anonymousreply 10309/22/2013

punch and delete

by Anonymousreply 10409/22/2013

Just say "goodbye" to love. No one ever cared if you should live or die. Time and time again the chance for love has passed you by? And all you know of love is how to live without it? You just can't seem to find it?

by Anonymousreply 10509/23/2013

OP, it's important for you to know that the way your ex treated you is emotional abuse plain and simple. No, you do not "deserve" not to be loved -- he is simply twisting the blame that is his on you because of course you deserved to be loved by him: you genuinely loved him. He is scum and there IS someone out there for a kind, loving person such as yourself.

by Anonymousreply 10609/23/2013

OP, 43 is right on the demarcation line for finding another life partner.

Soon after that all you will find are drinkers, dopers, men who can't hold a job, and the unloveable.

It sounds like a cliche, but all the good ones are taken.

Don't end up in a rented duplex full of cats.

by Anonymousreply 10709/23/2013

[quote]So sorry about the forgotten words and typing mistakes. I can't see much because I'm crying.

by Anonymousreply 10809/23/2013

Hold on while we put some Patsy Cline on the Victrola.

by Anonymousreply 10909/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!