Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I am the danger: Breaking Bad--final season

I'm looking forward to this more than I should.

by Anonymousreply 19509/16/2013

Fan art.

by Anonymousreply 208/07/2013

Be afraid.

by Anonymousreply 308/07/2013

I'll be heartbroken when it ends...

by Anonymousreply 408/07/2013

I didn't watch the first 5 seasons when they were on AMC -- I binged on the whole thing via netflix. I don't know if I can stand to wait a week between each of the final 8 eps.

by Anonymousreply 508/07/2013

Jesse art.

by Anonymousreply 608/07/2013

It's gone on for one season too long.

I'll wait til the season is over and catch it on amazon prime.

by Anonymousreply 708/07/2013

You can watch the new season on Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 908/07/2013

Why all the hate for Skyler's appearance? What's so hard to look at... is it her over-plumped lips? Her sour-faced expressions sometimes? I do like that she played a woman who had a baby in her forties and didn't immediately lose all of the baby weight. I think Anna Gunn (great name) does all she can with the character.

by Anonymousreply 1008/07/2013

Jane Kaczmarek, who played Bryan's wife on Malcolm in The Middle, was spotted on the set of BB not long ago. She was cornered and asked if she was going to be in an episode and she said no, she was just visiting her friend Bryan.

But that would be some good casting because she and Bryan had great chemistry when working on MITM. She is a wonderful actress.

by Anonymousreply 1108/07/2013

Shit--The first half of the season is available now. I don't know if I want to deprive myself of suspense or binge. I guess binging is self-defense because some asshole is bound to spoil it.

It seems like cheating to watch in advance.

by Anonymousreply 1208/07/2013

R12, I just checked my Netflix and I can only see seasons 1-5. What gives? PS: I'm on my phone, but I don't see how that would make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 1308/07/2013

[quote]Why all the hate for Skyler's appearance? What's so hard to look at... is it her over-plumped lips?

I don't hate her, but all the face work she had done between Seasons 2 and 3 was really jarring, particularly if you're watching one season after another. It wasn't until Season 4 she got some of her facial movement back.

by Anonymousreply 1408/07/2013

R7 is annoying!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1508/07/2013

[quote][R12], I just checked my Netflix and I can only see seasons 1-5. What gives? PS: I'm on my phone, but I don't see how that would make a difference.

Do you realize season 5 is the new season.

by Anonymousreply 1608/07/2013

[quote] I'll wait til the season is over and catch it on amazon prime.

You can see the first half of season five (8 eps) now on Netflix. I'm sure the second and final half of the season will be available not too long after it airs.

by Anonymousreply 1708/07/2013

Ok, I'm a marooon!

by Anonymousreply 1808/07/2013

Didn't some of those air already?

by Anonymousreply 1908/07/2013

R12. Those already aired doofus

by Anonymousreply 2008/07/2013

[quote]One recent reveal a few episodes in (we do it all on Netflix) has been especially painful to my partner and I. There was a character we really liked who is no longer on the show

Who?

by Anonymousreply 2108/07/2013

R19/20? some of us would rather wait until the eps are available all at once than watch weekly, with commercials.

by Anonymousreply 2208/07/2013

The season 5 episodes on Netflix have not aired.

by Anonymousreply 2308/07/2013

[quote] The season 5 episodes on Netflix have not aired.

Yes, they have. They're from the first half of the 5th and final season, which aired on AMC in July and August 2012.

The last 8 episodes of season 5 begin airing on AMC this Sunday, August 11th.

by Anonymousreply 2408/07/2013

Ohhhh. Thanks R24. I forgot they split the season. Netflix says "New Episodes". New to netflix, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 2508/07/2013

Skylar has a big dumb horse face and uniblond hair

by Anonymousreply 2608/07/2013

"Molly, you're in me, gurl!" Br Bd

by Anonymousreply 2708/08/2013

I'm so invested in this thing and worried to death, well, worried that they will fuck it up like is being done so masterfully with Dexter!

by Anonymousreply 2808/08/2013

I apologize for being confusing. I have only ever watched this show on Netflix, as I don't have a TV. I thought season 5 (8 episodes) was the last season, and didn't realize til looking online after episode 8 abruptly ended the story, that there are another 8 episodes that are starting to air on regular TV. God, I hope this doesn't mean I have to wait another year before I can see them on Netflix.

As for Skyler hate, I don't hate her, and I think she plays her part well, as do all the characters, really. Not a bad actor in the bunch. I just don't find her attractive, and I'm accustomed to seeing attractive people in shows.

by Anonymousreply 2908/08/2013

Don't worry, R28. The storylines have been mostly well done> Everything about this show is well done. Expect to more or less like the ending.

by Anonymousreply 3008/08/2013

R21, I'm talking about the first half of Season 5, which aired on TV a year ago, but is new to Netflix. If you've watched it? You know who left the show. Someone who used to be part of Fring's group, but was in Season 5.

by Anonymousreply 3108/08/2013

OMG

by Anonymousreply 3208/11/2013

[quote]Jane Kaczmarek, who played Bryan's wife on Malcolm in The Middle, was spotted on the set of BB not long ago. She was cornered and asked if she was going to be in an episode and she said no, she was just visiting her friend Bryan.

I heard she was there filming something for DVD. Probably a joke alternative ending where Walt is married to her.

by Anonymousreply 3308/11/2013

I miss Gay Gustavo.

And I saw a pic of Anna Gunn where she looked really good! I think they really give her the no frills soccer mom treatment for the show (as they ahould - Cranston isn't a joy to look at either).

by Anonymousreply 3408/11/2013

I miss Gus Fring too.

by Anonymousreply 3508/11/2013

I'm trying to refresh my memory by watching the last few episodes in the pre-premiere marathon, and good old Time Warner in NYC has the sound out of synch with the picture. Both the HD channel and the regular one. Hope it's not like that come 9:00.

by Anonymousreply 3608/11/2013

Mike to Walter, after Walter just shot him:

"Let me die in peace"

Damn I love this show, 9PM can't come soon enough!

by Anonymousreply 3708/11/2013

It has started. Flash forward.

by Anonymousreply 3808/11/2013

Wow, the brother really aged while he was sitting on the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 3908/11/2013

Great first episode.

by Anonymousreply 4008/11/2013

Intense showdown between Hank and Walt...

by Anonymousreply 4108/11/2013

If that's true--If you don't know who I am, maybe your best course would be to tread lightly.

by Anonymousreply 4208/11/2013

Violence vs hair: an analysis of Breaking Bad

by TheOatmeal

by Anonymousreply 4408/11/2013

I have a good tidbit of gossip about Dean Norris.

He was quite the hetero stud when I was in college (he was balding even then, but had a great body), and he was fucking around on his girlfriend in college.

Once I was in the dorm dinging hall at the same Sunday breakfast table as his regular girlfriend was when another girl (who was very slutty) came right up to her and announced very loudly so all could hear, "I just wanted you to know... the nights you're not fucking Dean, [bold]I[/bold] am!" Then she turned around and flounced out of the dining hall.

by Anonymousreply 4508/11/2013

It was a bit slow, but that fits the plot. They're out. The crescendo was awesome. Dean Norris was astounding.

by Anonymousreply 4608/11/2013

Hank's trip to the toilet seems to have profound consequences: not only did he crack Heisenberg's true identity but he also lost quite a bit of weight in the process.

by Anonymousreply 4708/11/2013

The Walt/Hank standoff was edge-of-your-seat tense stuff. And yeah, Dean Norris, wow! The whole episode---he was just stellar. Emmy time next year, buddy.

by Anonymousreply 4808/11/2013

[quote] I'm talking about the first half of Season 5, which aired on TV a year ago, but is new to Netflix. If you've watched it? You know who left the show. Someone who used to be part of Fring's group, but was in Season 5.

Are you talking about Mike? Why not just say so? The episode in which he died aired in 2012, and his death is a major plot point in tonight's episode (509).

by Anonymousreply 4908/11/2013

[quote]Emmy time next year, buddy.

Is that possible? I figured that these final 8 episodes were part of this year's Emmy-eligible episodes, aince the 8 episodes that comprise the first part of Season 5 fall short of the minimum episodes needed for eligibility (13).

Can anyone enlighten? Is it possible these final 8 will be eligible for the 2014 awards?

by Anonymousreply 5008/11/2013

Everyone's body seemed to change this season. Skyler thinned down, and Jesse looked a little chubby (for him).

by Anonymousreply 5108/11/2013

Even Walt seems to have packed on a few pounds.

by Anonymousreply 5208/11/2013

So does anyone want to speculate on how the house gets to be that way?

Clearly it didn't sell. It must have been abandoned and unsellable - but why? Murder in the house?

And why was Carol so shocked to see Walt? Was he supposed to be dead? Maybe it was his "murder" in the house- maybe the whole family was "murdered" to out them under witness protection?

Shit- I think I just spoiled myself.

by Anonymousreply 5308/11/2013

Yes, r50. Cranston and Jonathan Banks, who played Mike, were both nominated for last half-season's work, for the awards to be broadcast next month. So if Dean Norris keeps this level of intensity up, he'll be eligible in 2014.

by Anonymousreply 5408/11/2013

I think Walt will fake his own death and that's why the neighbor looked shocked.

by Anonymousreply 5508/11/2013

[r50] The minimum number of episodes to count as a season for Emmy purposes isn't 13, it's 6. That's how the first season, which only had 7 episodes, was eligible (with Cranston winning for the first time).

by Anonymousreply 5608/11/2013

r56, there were 8 episodes in the first half of this season, and Bryan Cranston has won at least three Emmys for playing Walter White.

by Anonymousreply 5708/12/2013

[r56]I know. What are you talking about? [r50] thought that a show had to have 13 episodes to count as a season for the Emmys. I was just pointing out that the Emmys require a minimum of 6, not 13, which was how Cranston was eligible to win the first of those three Emmys. (Or to give another example, how Ricky Gervais was eligible to win Best Actor in a Comedy Series for Extras, which had 6-episode seasons.)

by Anonymousreply 5808/12/2013

Ah, I think I get your confusion. I was referring to the first season of the show, which aired back in 2008 and had 7 episodes (which is what Cranston won the first time for), not the first half of this season.

by Anonymousreply 5908/12/2013

Dean Norris, Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul really hit it out of the park this week. AP does great nonverbal acting, IMO. Such intensity with his face and eyes.

by Anonymousreply 6008/12/2013

R53, I got the impression that they were outed publicly (by the DEA and the press), Walt fled the state, the house was abandoned, and kids turned it into a flophouse and spray-painted "Heisenberg" to commemorate the legend. The neighbor was probably shocked because she hadn't seen him since she found out he was this murderous drug kingpin.

I honestly believe that, by the time we get to that part of the narrative, Skyler, Walt Jr, and maybe the baby will have been killed, and Jesse will have committed suicide. Because the crutch of the series was that he was doing this to support his family, I think the tragic twist is that his actions will get everyone killed but him, and he will live to suffer the consequences. That would be the worst possible ending for Walt. But that's just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 6108/12/2013

Loved it. Great performances all around.

Thanks for the bit of gossip on Dean Norris, R45

by Anonymousreply 6208/12/2013

I think at this point Walt can shrug off the killing of his family. He maybe not at first but it wouldn't take him long to just be happy he escaped.

Do we know if he is telling the truth about the cancer and that he is dying and only has six months?

by Anonymousreply 6308/12/2013

We know he's undergoing chemo again.

by Anonymousreply 6408/12/2013

Why did he go back for the ricin? Murder or suicide?

by Anonymousreply 6508/12/2013

I'm wondering why he would go back for the ricin?

It could be that he is going to kill someone else and needs it to be invisible. But my first thought was to kill himself. He's clearly lost everything, but why would he need to do it with a poison — unless he's setting someone else up or pulling the same trick Gus did with the tequilas.

I also wonder- why he can't make a new batch of that poison if he needs it that bad.

by Anonymousreply 6608/12/2013

The hows and the whys are more important to me in the future scenes, tbh. In the past, when he's been staking out his own house, he's parked down the street and snuck in. In tonight's episode, he parked right outside the house in broad daylight. Didn't care that the neighbor saw him and even greeted her. Either he's a fugitive or supposed/assumed to be dead.

Why does he need the poison? Why does he need the gun? Why is the house abandoned and no one else living there? Couldn't they sell it after the Whites left? I think something terrible must've happened there and that's why it couldn't be sold. Personally, I think Skyler's statement that she needed to protect her kids from Walt was foreshadowing. I think she'll kill the kids and then herself.

by Anonymousreply 6708/12/2013

Maybe the family was slaughtered in the house.

by Anonymousreply 6808/12/2013

Also, in that opening scene of Live Free or Die back in the first part of Season 5, Walt was using a license the surname Lambert, which is Skyler's maiden name. If they were in witness protection or even Saul's vacuum disappearing act guy's program, there's no way they'd be using her name. I think Skyler is definitely dead.

by Anonymousreply 6908/12/2013

No way would Skylar kill her kids and then herself.

She's going to come out on top in all this somehow. Her and Jesse.

by Anonymousreply 7008/12/2013

Walter should lose everything. I don't understand people who are sympathetic to him. That should have ended long ago for people. He's an ashole now.

by Anonymousreply 7108/12/2013

Perhaps Skylar arranges the "killing" of her self and family to get away from Walt. Maybe she's in protection but he doesn't know it.

by Anonymousreply 7208/12/2013

Julie Bowen is so freaking annoying on Talking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 7308/12/2013

Here's a question that hasn't been asked, why is he hiding the return of his illness from Skylar now?

by Anonymousreply 7408/12/2013

[quote]Here's a question that hasn't been asked, why is he hiding the return of his illness from Skylar now?

Probably because the poor woman's been through enough already. Times a thousand.

by Anonymousreply 7508/12/2013

He's hiding his cancer from her because last season she told him that she's waiting for it to come back (and kill him). They're in a better place right now, but I think he still fears that if he tells her, he'll see a look of relief or happiness on her face. He just wants to pretend that they're back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 7608/12/2013

I can't stop watching that final scene between Walt and Hank!

by Anonymousreply 7708/12/2013

[quote]The new uptight, nervous character on the show is kinda funny,

I love that character. The actress is Scotish and was on this BBS L Word type show called Lip Service about a group of lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 7808/12/2013

Great episode. If you didn't hate Walt already you despise him now. All he does is lie. To Jesse,to Sky, to his son, to Hank and basically to everybody. His delusional sense of power make him think he can fool Jesse into believing Mike is alive somehow. I miss Mike, he was pond scum but he was somewhat honorable. Walt on the other hand has become a complete scumbag. Judging from the flash forward his life is turned upside down. I wonder if Sky killed herself and the kids?

The confrontation scene between Walt and Hank was tremendous. Hank might be overzealous BUT he sure made Walt look like the piece of shit he is. It was farfetched that Hank pieced it together from Leaves Of Grass(or had his Eureka moment there) but his obsessiveness with the pictures and the crimes has finally paid off. Unlike the silly cat and mouse games on Dexter where he keeps on getting away with his crimes and might still do so by the end of the series, Walt is paying for his descent into evil.

by Anonymousreply 7908/12/2013

Just a guess, but all the Feds need to do is look in Jesse's general direction and he'll sing like a bird.

How about Jesse in witness protection, and Walt vowing to hunt him down and kill him if it's the last thing he does?

by Anonymousreply 8008/12/2013

This show is so unnerving. Love it...wished I had rewatched the last few eps of last season because some of the details I had forgotten. Love Aaron Paul's scene on the couch. He can convey as much emotion without dialog as any actor with two pages of dialog can. Also watche Talking Bad and agree about Julie Bowen. Wow she is waaaay annoying. Chris Hardwick is making a mini industry recapping AMC shows. Funny that he doesn't do Mad Men but I guess the fanbois aren't as obsessed with that one.

by Anonymousreply 8108/12/2013

Maybe he'll poison a batch of blue meth so that the demand for it disappears and he can truly be out of the game.

by Anonymousreply 8208/12/2013

Walt should have let Mike kill Lydia when he wanted to. She is a pain in the ass. Loved the scene with her and Skyler.

by Anonymousreply 8308/12/2013

The actress playing Lydia really sucks and her accent is atrocious. She can't die soon enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 8408/12/2013

Love the irony! Hank wises up about Walt while sitting on the throne. And Walt knows that Hank is on to him when he sees LEAVES OF GRASS missing, as he is puking into the toilet. Bathroom epiphanies!!!

by Anonymousreply 8508/12/2013

It would have been great (and probably the end of the season) if after Walt told Hank to tread softly, Hank goes screaming out of the garage, "WALT IS HEISENBERG! WALT IS HEISENBERG!"

by Anonymousreply 8608/12/2013

[quote]Love Aaron Paul's scene on the couch. He can convey as much emotion without dialog as any actor with two pages of dialog can.

True. But, to be honest, if I had to sit on that couch listening to those idiot burnout friends (glad to see them back, btw) natter on about Star Trek, I'd have depersonalized, too.

In fact, I HAVE felt that way when anyone goes on about ST.

by Anonymousreply 8708/12/2013

I think Anna Gunn is sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 8808/12/2013

The difference between Dean Norris in BB and Dean Norris in UNDER THE DOME is staggering. He was genius last night, and tonight, he'll go back to grimacing and posing. That poor man, to have to go from such an artful show to such a two-dimensional piece of dross. Oh well. DOME probably pays better, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 8908/12/2013

I only watched the first ep of Dome. He is the villian on that right?

by Anonymousreply 9008/12/2013

Dean Norris is really spectacularly good as Hank. He took what could have been a stock character -- all the macho bluster and stupid bro slang -- and made that the surface level of an incredibly complicated and very intelligent man.

by Anonymousreply 9108/12/2013

Agreed, R91. He's not the stereotypical loudmouth authority figure. There's a depth and moral core.

by Anonymousreply 9208/12/2013

Dean Norris was actually trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, which really surprised me. He has been stereotypically cast as a cop or a tough guy, which is to be expected given his physical appearance.

by Anonymousreply 9308/12/2013

Yeah, he's sort of the big bad of UNDER THE DOME. It's a one dimensional performance of a one dimensional role, but you clearly can't blame him. Last night's episode was his finest hour, I thought.

by Anonymousreply 9408/12/2013

His character on Under the Dome is not that simple. He is a control freak who was involved in something criminal in the past, but he is generally trying to do what is best for the town.

by Anonymousreply 9508/12/2013

Is UTD a good show? I've never seen it.

by Anonymousreply 9608/12/2013

NO, R76. And they have turned it from a miniseries where we could anticipate an actual resolution, into a regular series, so it will only get worse.

by Anonymousreply 9708/12/2013

Hank's wife Marie is on that new Michael J Fox sitcom

by Anonymousreply 9808/12/2013

Two master scenes: Jesse and Walt talk about Mike. Aaron Paul was fucking amazing in that scene. And then Hank and Walt at the end. Tread lightly was so fucking perfect. Hank displayed about seventy five emotions with those eyes of his. God, I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 9908/12/2013

Skyler will be violently murdered there (by the pool from what I understand and with baby Holly nearby). Notice the axe marks on the door floor.

by Anonymousreply 10008/12/2013

As Hank pointed out, Walt no longer gives a fuck about family. Concern for their financial security may have been what started him down the path, but after that it's all about pride. So I hope they don't kill the family in some kind of ironic reference to his original motive. Walt's already killed his family. We don't need to see the family members die.

by Anonymousreply 10108/12/2013

Great point, R101.

by Anonymousreply 10208/12/2013

Killing the family is the most ironic solution. But then they'd be accused of copying The Sopranos.

by Anonymousreply 10308/12/2013

So what's the moral of this whole sad story?

by Anonymousreply 10408/12/2013

r103, The Sopranos never killed the family.

by Anonymousreply 10508/12/2013

This has to end as it started: cancer. Nice and neat. Cancer diagnosis...death from cancer. Hank will hate that, won't he? All the stuff in the middle is what someone knowing they don't have much to lose would do. Well, that and a lot of arrogance.

The best character development of any show on TV ever.

by Anonymousreply 10608/12/2013

‘Breaking Bad’ Premiere Draws Biggest Audience in Its History

By BILL CARTER

Surrounded by a whirlwind of media coverage and critical praise, the AMC drama “Breaking Bad” began its final run of eight episodes on Sunday night with the biggest audience in the show’s history, 5.9 million viewers.

The hugely discussed episode – it was the subject of more than 750,000 messages on Twitter on Sunday – proved its potency in the category most desired by many television advertisers: viewers between 18 and 49 years old. The episode reached 3.6 million viewers in that group, the second-best number of the year on cable television, topped only by another AMC hit, “The Walking Dead,” which hit 8.1 million in that category.

The total audience was up more than 100 percent from the previous season premiere for “Breaking Bad,” 2.9 million total viewers.

“Breaking Bad” has been the standard-bearer for the television trend of “binge watching,” so an increase was to be expected as new viewers have been joining the series. But few shows more than double their audience in their final season.

AMC followed “Breaking Bad” with the premiere of a new drama, “Low Winter Sun,” which did not receive strong reviews. Its total audience of 2.5 million is still excellent by cable standards, but obviously represented a significant falloff. It also had only 1.4 million viewers in the 18-49 category, a drop of more than two million from its lead-in show.

AMC extended its night with an edition of “Talking Bad,” a takeoff on its successful “Talking Dead” show, which follows “Walking Dead” episodes. That show, which featured an interview with Vince Gilligan, the creator of “Breaking Bad,” managed 1.2 million viewers. But it was placed an hour after the end of the “Breaking Bad” premiere in order to accommodate “Low Winter Sun,” which probably cut down sharply on the number of “Bad” fans who watched.

by Anonymousreply 10708/13/2013

Last season Skyler didn't believe a word Walt said. This season she quickly believed his lie...

by Anonymousreply 10808/13/2013

There's still more to come but that confrontation scene between Walt and Hank in the garage just might be my favorite scene ever on Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 10908/13/2013

I think this show has zero interest in providing any clean ways out that satisfy audience anxieties. Be prepared for the worst possible scenario.

by Anonymousreply 11008/13/2013

Hank is in a difficult position. Remember that Walt paid for his rehab? If Hank reveals Walt as Heisenburg won't that come out?

And the embarrassment of having a master criminal under his nose for all these years becomes a question about whether he was in on it.

by Anonymousreply 11108/13/2013

It's more than a question R111 - I honestly do not see how Hank has a career when this all comes out. Even though he had no involvement, he is damaged goods. The FBI will be looking for an internal fall-guy, and Hank it will be. The same thing happened to his boss with Gus Fring.

by Anonymousreply 11208/13/2013

It would be interesting to see if they ever connect the dots between Walts world and the real world of the meth heads that are addicted to his shit. I know they covered some of that in the early days but they've all wandered away from it.

I can't remember if Skylar knows what Walt does to make his money or not. It seems she would have a twinge of guilt whenever she sees a junkie.

Everytime Walt lies about not killing anymore people , or only because he has to or some shit- I want to scream. He kills countless numbers of people with his product every day. Will they ever remind the audience how god-awful meth actually is?

It's our version of what opium did to China. Entire towns lose their economies to this shit.

by Anonymousreply 11308/13/2013

Exactly what I thought, r111.

by Anonymousreply 11408/13/2013

Everyone knows it's Windy....

by Anonymousreply 11508/13/2013

What were the signs posted on the abandoned house?

by Anonymousreply 11608/15/2013

I am re-watching the series from the beginning and I am struck by a couple of things.

Walt really is a manipulative liar right from the start. In the beginning he eve convinced himself that this was all for 'family'. Marie does this too when she justifies her shoplifting and denies it and denies it and denies it until Skylar finally breaks through her bullshit by saying "I need my sister back." — an actual call for family.

Hank - despite his macho ball-buster surface- has ALWAYS been concerned and wanted to take care of "the family". Hank was good with Walt Jr., and seemed to make more money then him. I think Walt has always felt like this fact, that Hank was better with his own son. It was always a threat to his pride.

Walt's feigned concern over "The family" really was about his pride and need to feel like the Alpha man from the very beginning.

So it was stunning to see how Walt responded in the garage when Hank brought up the kids. Walt flipped to the dark side immediately. Not because he wanted to take care of his kids himself but he sees it as a threat to his whole ego, his cover, and HIM.

by Anonymousreply 11708/15/2013

[quote]The actress playing Lydia really sucks and her accent is atrocious. She can't die soon enough for me.

I know, I hate her!

She's waay too high-strung and nervous and twitchy, it bugs the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 11808/15/2013

Astute observation r117. I agree.

by Anonymousreply 11908/15/2013

I am getting the Skylar hate from the first couple of seasons, but I also get why she is that way. She's seeing all kinds of shady shit from Walt but can't figure it out.

It's not until she gets her own job and starts having her own life that she becomes tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 12008/15/2013

108- I am not sure that Skylar does believe everything Walt says now. I am not sure she will ever believe a thing he says ever again, but they're in a truce-state now and I'm sure she'd like to ride it as long as possible. Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 12108/15/2013

[quote]It would be interesting to see if they ever connect the dots between Walts world and the real world of the meth heads that are addicted to his shit. I know they covered some of that in the early days but they've all wandered away from it.

I just don't think that's BB. THE WIRE did that about as well as it could ever be done.

by Anonymousreply 12208/15/2013

At what point does Skylar actually find out Walt is dealing meth.

I know she figures out the money thing in season 2 but does she ever really know HOW he's getting it?

by Anonymousreply 12308/15/2013

Interesting article about the Skyler character:

by Anonymousreply 12408/15/2013

I love Skyler, she has survived, she is practical, she has protected her kids...all while negotiating the increasingly crazy and dangerous Walt.

She said to him...I am just waiting for you to die.

I agree with the article...wives in these shows get judged and reviled far beyond their husbands. Part of that is how they are written, and face it...they are written by guys.

by Anonymousreply 12508/16/2013

Hear hear r125!

Walt was doing some crazy-making shit from day one.

by Anonymousreply 12608/16/2013

Who's watching tonight?

by Anonymousreply 12708/18/2013

I am, and I am excited in a way I don't get for TV these days.

by Anonymousreply 12808/18/2013

Am I under arrest??!?

by Anonymousreply 12908/18/2013

Holy shit that went fast. Amazing.

Jesse: Nothing says depression quite like the sound of fluorescent lightbulbs.

Hank: I have to say I am loving him more and more but at the same time, he has really fucked this up.

Skylar — I don't really get why should would stand by Walt now. I guess she finally jumped into the pool with him— (and now I get that scene as a metaphor.) She's in with him and Hank had no idea or suspicion which was dumb on his part - blinded by family- but...

Skylar was absolutely right to say she should be talking to a lawyer and if Hank had not been emotionally involved to the extent that he is - he would have known that. He was NOT watching out for her and she knew it.

WILL JESS FLIP?

by Anonymousreply 13008/18/2013

Laying on the bed of money was funny as hell and also the looks they gave to each other when Walt decided the count of the barrels of money was "close enough."

Fucking Lydia is a fucking hoot. She didn't want to look at the carnage she created as she lightly stepped around bodies in her fabulous Louboutin shoes.

by Anonymousreply 13108/18/2013

That Hank/Marie/Skyler/Baby scene was really hard to watch. Very upsetting. It's going to be equally tough watching Jesse turn on Walt.

Where's Walter Jr.?

by Anonymousreply 13208/18/2013

Anna Gunn better get an Emmy before all is said and done!!

by Anonymousreply 13308/18/2013

That's by far the tensest, most exhausting/exhilirating 43 minutes of anything I can remember sitting through, for sure the last two weeks. Just unbelievably entertaining.

Hank was just dying to get to Jesse. DYING. And they gave us a cliffhanger.

He's so overly invested in "getting" Walt. I wonder if he'll overreach, like he did with Skyler. Hank can be so smart and deadly when he's got his game on.

Gritting my teeth til next Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 13408/19/2013

On other message boards people hate Walt. I am still rooting for him to get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 13508/19/2013

There is a thread here for each episode, btw.

by Anonymousreply 13608/19/2013

Same here R135.

by Anonymousreply 13708/19/2013

I'm in the I Like Walt club too. I don't like that he killed people but he just played the game. And he was better than anybody else around. He still got into this because he wanted to help his family. That was his first concern. I think Skyler will stay with him. Obviously, he doesn't have much time left. She's going to be a very rich widow.

by Anonymousreply 13808/19/2013

I think success has ruined the show. I can feel the strain of trying to be a great show. Still I will be watching until the bitter end.

by Anonymousreply 13908/19/2013

Marie reminds me of my nosy sister-in-law so I am rooting for Skyler.

by Anonymousreply 14008/19/2013

r138 you're wrong.

Walt had opportunities to get help and money early on — from his old work buddies— but he said no because of his pride.

He wanted to control things. He wanted to be the boss so he went with Meth. That was NOT about his family.

by Anonymousreply 14108/19/2013

Walt is a vile sociopath. I mean, 28 minutes into the pilot and he's killed (or thinks he has, he's half-right) TWO men without even thinking about it. THE PILOT. And the motivating factor has always, always been EGO. He was being uncharacteristically honest when he told Skyler that Hank's finding out was his screwup.

by Anonymousreply 14208/20/2013

It's true that Walt's a sociopath, but they have written him so well as to make you care about him. Plenty of people are rooting for him. He is a flawed person, by far, but he has his likeable sides too, and Bryan Cranston plays him so well. I like to see him as a certain way, and then they show him cracking up and making other bad decisions, or losing it.

by Anonymousreply 14308/20/2013

Marie nearly took off Skyler's head with that slap.

by Anonymousreply 14408/20/2013

R143, I think enjoying his character and "caring" are two different things. Someone might want to see him get away with it- just for the sake of entertainment and the how he's gonna do it factor— but no, don't kid yourself into thinking this character's motivation has EVER been his family.

You can't rationalize his behavior that way. He's had plenty of opportunities to back out of this operation and he's had plenty of notice of how destructive it is to his family, his friends, other people etc but he doesn't give a real single fuck.

Any crying on his part about the kids and his family are just a psychopath's manipulation. He's even convinced himself at times that this was what it was all about but his behavior is very much the opposite.

The beautiful irony is that Everyone knows that but him. Saul, Jesse, Hank, Now Maria ALL know he's a psychopath who doesn't give a shit about family.

Skylar has an an interesting angle. She's closing ranks with Walt- I can buy that she IS thinking of her kids but she's also complicit and has dug herself into a hole.

I loved how she's not letting either Hank or Walt control her in this last episode— she's taking the reigns. To what end, I'm not sure but she's making her own decision about how to proceed.

by Anonymousreply 14508/20/2013

Love Skylar/Anna Gunn. I am going to be so sad when this show's over!

by Anonymousreply 14608/20/2013

Watching season three again and I can't get past how STUCK Skylar was when Walt just walked back into the house.

Walt called her bluff knowing she had no proof of anything substantial on him. Walt also knew she would be able to do anything against him without bringing Hank into it all. She was played the bitch in all of that because she didn't want to expose the family.

by Anonymousreply 14708/20/2013

Love the way Cranston is playing the character but I am not rooting for him in any way.

by Anonymousreply 14808/21/2013

{r135} who could you root for this man? How? He is an evil murderer PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 14908/21/2013

r149 = Television without Pity poster.

It's a show, not real life. I also rooted for Tony Soprano and he was also a sociopath but an interesting television character.

by Anonymousreply 15008/21/2013

Lydia's as ruthless as Walt. I wonder if she will get even with Skylar for throwing her out of the car wash. Skylar's proving to be very tough - look how she handled Hank and Marie. She's not breaking under extreme pressure.

by Anonymousreply 15108/21/2013

I'm glad that Hank is temporarily blocked. He went from bumbling macho cop to supersleuth last season and it was irritating and unlikely.

And Walt did start out doing this for his family. He's not a psychopath but has evolved sociopathic tendencies due to some extraordinary circumstances. That doesn't mean he no longer cares for his family. He would have been a much more effective Heisenberg if he'd ditched them long ago. And he would have offed Hank - not even a blood relation - if he was completely gone. He still has a little further to fall.

Hank isn't a hero either. He wants to get Walt because of his own ego, not because (or not merely because) he's a moral person.

by Anonymousreply 15208/21/2013

[quote]I don't like that he killed people but he just played the game.

So, killing in cold blood for profit is cool, but other murders kind of make you question whether you like the killer?

by Anonymousreply 15308/25/2013

[quote]Walt is a vile sociopath. I mean, 28 minutes into the pilot and he's killed (or thinks he has, he's half-right) TWO men without even thinking about it. THE PILOT. And the motivating factor has always, always been EGO. He was being uncharacteristically honest when he told Skyler that Hank's finding out was his screwup.

That was self-defense. They would have killed him. Same with the guy in the basement. Walt's killings were always about protecting his life or protecting Jessie's, getting more and more grey-area until he's now killing to keep the money and stay out of prison.

by Anonymousreply 15408/25/2013

Can someone remind me what the big deal about the ricin cigarette that Huell took from Jesse. Jesse seemed to associate it with poisoning Brock, but Brock was not poisoned with ricin. It was lily of the valley. What is the big deal that someone lifted the cigarette from him? It was never used.

by Anonymousreply 15508/26/2013

I have no cable right now, so I'm watching the last season via Amazon Instant Video (great option). So, I can't watch until tomorrow (Monday). Ugh. Does anyone know the earliest available time to get the episode from Amazon?

by Anonymousreply 15608/26/2013

OK--So the consensus on line is that Jesse did not know Brock was poisoned with Lily of the Valley. So in his mind, the realization that Walt took the cigarette is the confirmation that Walt poisoned the kid. Ironic that he's wrong about what happened to the ricin, but still right about Walt poisoning Brock.

by Anonymousreply 15708/26/2013

Here's a recap of "Confessions" in which the reviewer, Alan Sepinwall, puts together a timeline of the ricin cigarette/Jesse/Huell/Saul/Brock's poisoning at the end of the review...very nicely done.

Hope this helps.

by Anonymousreply 15808/28/2013

I suspect this show is going to be a big disappointment for many...and maybe myself.

The more I listen to Gilligan the more I see the prototype of the beta male. What does that mean? That it's almost certain this show is going to aim for phony moralizing by its conclusion, as we Gilligan has tried to argue with, get this, the Jesse freakin' Pinkman character.

Deep down I think Gilligan and his writers want to absolve the beta male -- themselves -- and punish the alphas. Walter is now the alpha.

As story structure, the problem remains that hey have not done a terribly convincing job of turning the audience against Walter to this point. The majority of moves he's made have not only been brilliant, but also necessary.

They've yet to even come close to a Fredo Moment. And at this point trying it with the headcase Jesse will not work. He's a great danger, and it looks like he will force Walt to take care of him.

by Anonymousreply 15908/28/2013

Shit, r158 here, forgot the link.

by Anonymousreply 16008/28/2013

R159, I think you might be the only person on the planet who thinks Gilligan is doing a bad job with his show and that it will be a disappointment. And don't over think things like beta male Vince (which is ridiculous unless you know him) means beta male Jesse has to come out on top.

It's been as near a perfect show as any I've seen since The Wire.

by Anonymousreply 16108/28/2013

I think it's much better stuctured than The Wire, an admittedly great show.

I think where BB is surpassing all other shows, including The Sopranos, is the greatness of its final season (with a couple of minor storytelling exceptions). The scale is small and intimate (although not in its visual storytelling, which is grand scale) which makes the drama that much more powerful. The Wire reached for epic in its last couple of seasons, and really didn't achieve it in its rather bungles "media" based finale epsiodes.

I do think the writers on BB have struggled with how Walt is perceived, and haven't been really able to make that all out dehumanizing effort like David Chase did with Tony Soprano, truly making him a monster that no one rooted for in their show's final season. That's clearly not BB's goal, and it's not how they've directed Cranston. If anything, they still make an effort to show that this is all an act which he scews up quite frequently. While he's a sometimes brilliant and sometimes pathological criminal mind, there's still the elements of small town school teacher wannabe throughout his performance. That's part of Cranston's charm that will always be there, and they hired him for a reason. It was to have that shocking juxtaposition of someone who could be your completeley unassuming neighbor, and a vicious drug lord at the same time. Short of him shotgunning down his family (which I would be very surprised to see,) Walt will still be sympathetic at the end, and the audience will mourn for him. They're keeping him human, which will make the drama of his end that much more palpable. Unlike say, T Soprano where the entire audience hoped him dead, and instead got Chase's middle finger in their face.

Gilligan is much more aware (I think sometimes detrimentally, and strictly because of the power of social media which wasn't around as much when the Sopranos was on) of his audience's opinions, and he pays much more attention to them than Chase ever did.

by Anonymousreply 16208/29/2013

No, r161. A lot of fanboys are whining defensively, because they know the end is nigh and Walt will not win and be the big damn hero in the end. Apparently it makes no sense that any of the other characters don't love and respect Walt or see through him. It's just bad writing to them.

by Anonymousreply 16308/29/2013

R162, I agree BB is better than The Wire. But The Wire was the last show that made me geek out like BB does.

As to Walt, I believe VG did intend (he said so in some interview a few years back), from the very start, to make Walt become the epitome of evil. The show was sort asking the question: Can a good man become truly bad? The answer is clearly yes.

The fact he remains likable is due really due to Cranston's performance, and the fact we first met him when he was still "good" and when he thought he was doing something sacrificial and noble for the sake of his family.

by Anonymousreply 16408/29/2013

GIlligan has stated that he doesn't have any sympathy for Walt anymore.

by Anonymousreply 16509/15/2013

Genuinely loathe the people who... ****SPOILER ALERT***

...cheer on Hank's death.

Warped idiots who are wannabe thugs.

by Anonymousreply 16609/15/2013

Please, don't kill Jesse or Walt...PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 16709/15/2013

I am cheering on Walt's death, not Hank. Hank is the good guy, Walt is the bad guy.

by Anonymousreply 16809/15/2013

Lots of these idiots on Twitter, R168. Dumbasses who are too stupid to know right from wrong.

by Anonymousreply 16909/15/2013

Jesus, I can barely watch this.

by Anonymousreply 17009/15/2013

It's pretty cruel. Now Walt has lost everything.... I was hoping that Walt wouldn't turn Jessie in and they'd end up joining forces to take down Todd's Uncle.

by Anonymousreply 17109/15/2013

It is like the train wreck in Super-8, only slowed down 1000 times.

by Anonymousreply 17209/15/2013

After he said too fucking much on the phone not 12 hours ago, you think maybe he would have learned his lesson for the call the Skylar, but no, he gives another speech . . .

by Anonymousreply 17309/15/2013

I am almost positive that Walt knew what he was doing during that phone conversation.

by Anonymousreply 17409/15/2013

So am I.

by Anonymousreply 17509/15/2013

I agree that Walt knew the police were all over that phone. Probably why he gave up baby Holly.

I think the only thing on his mind is getting back his money and taking the nazis out.

Still torn if he will end up killing Jesse. Maybe that's why he goes back to the house for the ricin. He's going to use it on Jesse.

by Anonymousreply 17609/15/2013

Oh, OK. He was making sure that Skylar was in the clear in every way by letting the cops hear that.

Sorry, I'm a bit dense tonight.

by Anonymousreply 17709/15/2013

I semi-understood why he was so desperate to save Hank, but why was this newly softened Walt so eager to see Jessie die? He ordered the hit on Jessie reluctantly, and now here was the perfect out. Without Hank, what harm could Jesse do him? Yet he seemed to revel in seeing Jesse meet his end.

I thought it was an amazingly well-acted hour, but the characters all seem out of whack.

by Anonymousreply 17809/15/2013

Looks like Jesse has lost an eye -- like the Pool Teddy Bear.

by Anonymousreply 17909/15/2013

I think he blames Jessie for Walt's death and feels betrayed.

by Anonymousreply 18009/15/2013

[quote] but why was this newly softened Walt so eager to see Jessie die?

Jesse ratted Walt out to the feds. Jesse's plan to get Walt where it really hurts ended up with Hank's death. That's why Walt wanted him killed.

by Anonymousreply 18109/15/2013

I thought maybe that was the point; that he somehow blamed Jessie for Hank's death. But I don't buy it. It just seems like they wanted him to go totally cold on Jessie and someone in the writer's room thought this was good enough.

by Anonymousreply 18209/15/2013

Jessie cost him his money

by Anonymousreply 18309/15/2013

I think some of this is going to have to be blamed on Walt's brain cancer interfering with rational thought, right?

Poor Jesse, Freak on a Leash...

by Anonymousreply 18409/15/2013

He knows he's going to die, so why have two kids be without their mother?

by Anonymousreply 18509/15/2013

This ep was a let down for me in that several of the characters' motivations were just so unlikely.

Skylar goes from Lady Macbeth back to soccer mom?

Why does Marie insist that Jr be told immediately? How is that beneficial to him to have all this garbage thrown at him with no thought? (And UGH!! Couldn't they have worked around RJ Mitte's limitations as an actor? He made that scene and the knife scene unintentionally funny.)

Would Walt really turn so callously on pseudo-son Jesse?

Would the nazis spare Walt because of the nephew's say-so? Would they leave him a barrel of money?

Why is Jesse still alive?

Why is Todd bothering with cooking the meth when they have $80mill? I guess he's just compulsive, or it's an opportunity for Jesse to barter to prolong his life by showing Todd how to cook it properly.

by Anonymousreply 18609/16/2013

Walt turned on Jesse because he was a rat who brought the DEA with him, and he blames him for Hank's death.

Jesse's alive because Todd wants him to cook some perfect blue meth to impress Lydia.

"Lady MacBeth to soccer mom"? She played along with the phone call because the cops were there listening. What would you expect her to do?

by Anonymousreply 18709/16/2013

r187 - No, she turned before that. She caved to Marie without much effort on Marie's part, even though she was corrupt enough that she was willing to put a hit out a minute ago. And after cooperating with the false confession video (a huge betrayal of Marie & Hank and a major breaking bad moment for her), she turned on Walt like she was discovering anew what he'd been up to. That hysterical scene at the house was just ridiculous. It would be totally in keeping with Skylar's personality to just leave Walt high and dry if she thought he was out of moves, but not like that.

And Walt knows he's responsible for Hank's death. His reaction to his death is in keeping with that. I guess blaming Jesse is his way of surviving mentally as long as he needs to.

Why the long flashback to the season 1 timeframe? Was that an actual scene, or recreated? I don't remember Skylar ever being that nice.

by Anonymousreply 18809/16/2013

R188 It was the location of their first cook, where Walt's empire has come full circle. I think losing his money and family will provoke him into a homicidal rage against Uncle Jack and company. You know he'll strategize and use that weapon and ricin from the flashforwards to seek his revenge.

by Anonymousreply 18909/16/2013

I can't believe I didn't notice that Todd had brought Jesse back to cook. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 19009/16/2013

R178, he blames Jesse for Hank's death. Walt's only shred of humanity is when it comes to people he considers family. Thus, we he called off the Nazis. He blames Jesse for being a rat, then leading Hank to Walt, then Hank being killed by the Nazis.

I mean, it's a WARPED paper trail, but that's was Walt's thinking, IMHO. It's also why he told him about Jane. Tit for tat moment.

by Anonymousreply 19109/16/2013

I couldn't believe the look on Jesse's face when he had a gun to his head and was looking at Walt like, "You're gonna let them do this?"

Hell to the yeah! First the gasoline to the house, then the betrayal to the feds (Walt doesn't know how Jesse got into Hank's hands, he just knows Jesse gave away everything), then telling Walt he (Jesse) is going to get him, then Hank's death.

by Anonymousreply 19209/16/2013

Lost one eye

Teddy Bear

Gus Fring

Jesse

by Anonymousreply 19309/16/2013

You all *do* realize there is a thread for each episode like we did for Mad Men, right??

Here's the one to the latest episode.

by Anonymousreply 19409/16/2013

[quote]Why the long flashback to the season 1 timeframe? Was that an actual scene, or recreated? I don't remember Skylar ever being that nice.

It wasn't an actual scene from season 1. You could tell it was recently filmed because Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul looked as old as they do now. Remember when the show first premiered Aaron Paul was still a pretty skinny twink; now he has, shall we say, more heft, and it was hard to hide in the cold opening.

by Anonymousreply 19509/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.