Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone else hate Robin Thicke?

His music wouldn't sound fresh in 1992.

by Anonymousreply 3804/20/2014

I'm not a fan of his music, but no OP, I do not hate Robin Thicke. What a stupid question. Hate is a very strong word.

by Anonymousreply 208/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 308/06/2013

WTF! 1992?

by Anonymousreply 408/06/2013

Does anyone else hate the OP for being a moron?

by Anonymousreply 508/06/2013

[quote]Fuck you OP! I hope Robin slaps you in your face with his big dick. On second thought...I hope he does that to me!!!

by Anonymousreply 608/06/2013

"His music wouldn't sound fresh in 1992."

You say that like it is a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 708/06/2013

Instead of starting a new thread daily, can you discuss your dislike of him in one of the many, many threads on this topic?

How do you feel about Jennifer Lawrence?

by Anonymousreply 808/06/2013

I'm sick of ALL of these white guys who copy off black artists/music style and then get all the credit.

by Anonymousreply 908/06/2013

What are your thoughts on black artists who copy other black and white artists and then get all the credit, R9?

by Anonymousreply 1008/06/2013

May Tina Knowles design the Matron of Honor dress your mother wears when your left at the altar, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1108/06/2013

He would be nowhere without supertalented engineers and producers manipulating his sound in the studio control room.

by Anonymousreply 1208/06/2013

Hate? Nah. But I am sick of that fucking song.

by Anonymousreply 1308/06/2013

Oooh, I know I know, R13!!

by Anonymousreply 1408/06/2013

OP, I don't "hate" Thicke. I think he's got a decent voice but I find him annoying. As I've said in other threads, he does nothing original. He rips off late 70s and early 80s beats and vocal styles. Unfortunately, a lot of white music fans would never give a black recording act who sang this type of music the time of day. Thicke, like a lot of other white recording acts, is benefiting from this and even gets heaps of undeserved praise. I prefer him to Timberlake though, as that guy can merely carry a tune but nothing more and rips off the same people Thicke does.

I also dislike Thicke's desperate attempts to "be down". There is an interview he did ( I think from last year) in which he brags that he has only 3 white male friends, but "20" black male friends. He says things like "I get" black people. I don't like how Thicke makes it seem like there is a manual to understanding or befriending blacks. Just like with any other group of people, blacks aren't all the same, don't have the same personalities, and don't all talk/dress/act the same way. I think he's guilty of a different kind of racism.

by Anonymousreply 1508/06/2013

I've seen him perform it live. He has the voice, charm, and charisma, and he has a decent level of humility. Not false, but real. Loves his wife, and his fans. Must be all the pot he admits smoking!

by Anonymousreply 1608/06/2013

How does Robin Thicke 'rip off' black artists? He prefers black music so that is the kind of music he likes to make himself. Lots of white artists - Teena Marie, Hall & Oates, George Michael etc. have identified more with black music so they prefer to sing/perform in that style themselves. How is that 'ripping off black artists?'

Is Audra McDonald 'ripping off' white Broadway composers because she sings their songs? Is Tina Turner ripping off white rockers because she has always sung rock music written and performed by white males?

Should people only perform the music that is 'appropriate' for whatever race they belong to?

Your argument is totally fucking stupid and pointless.

by Anonymousreply 1808/06/2013

I saw him co-host The View the other day and he was such a douche bag...talked so much about his hot wife and their great sex he started to sound like Jada Pinkett Smith.

by Anonymousreply 1908/06/2013

Completely indifferent. He doesn't annoy me, but he doesn't interest me at all either.

by Anonymousreply 2008/06/2013

R18 you Thicke aka thief stan, there is a massive difference. When Tina sings rock songs, it's in her style, her voice. She's not copying other people. There's a difference between "influences" and just plain ripping off. Thicke fucking grew up in hollywood but he's trying to convince us he's the "blackest, most soulful white guy". There's nothing wrong with him being influenced by a lot of black recording acts, but get your own fucking style. "Blurred Lines" features a beat ripped directly out of Marvin Gaye's "Got To Give It Up". There are plenty of singers who sound like Thicke. He adds nothing.

Teena Marie, like Robin Thicke was guilty of trying too hard "to be down". They didn't grow up acting, speaking or dressing that way. If they couldn't sing, people would be making fun of them for trying so hard. Teena made her music though that fit with the time period. She wasn't just rehashing something from 30-35 years ago like what Thicke and Timberlake are doing.

Hall & Oates and George Michael had their own styles and didn't try to convince the public that they were not white. I have no problem with them. You didn't find them doing or saying stereotypical things in attempt to be "cool" or "down".

by Anonymousreply 2108/06/2013

r21's post is too long....nobody will read it

by Anonymousreply 2208/06/2013

I've been told by someone who witnessed the carrying on over getting tickets to see his concert, that black girls/women love him.

Also he got the Mayor of Chicago Mr Emanuel to bounce his ass and take off his tie.

by Anonymousreply 2308/06/2013

There's something familiar about him.

by Anonymousreply 2408/06/2013

R22 I realize more than a few words in a post is enough to confuse you. Poor thing. You're the perfect type of "music" fan who eats up whatever is marketed to you.

by Anonymousreply 2508/06/2013

He needs to learn how to shave, or grow a beard/mustache. That shit above his lip (and it's been there for years) looks like a 13-year-old trying to be cool.

by Anonymousreply 2608/06/2013

I don't hate him but I wouldn't buy his music. His Blurred Lines video was misogynist crap and that hilarious 'got a big dick for you' line on his latest song just makes me cringe. I'm guessing his fans are all 15.

by Anonymousreply 2708/06/2013

What song is that, r27?

by Anonymousreply 2808/20/2013

I believe it was 'Applause'. R28

by Anonymousreply 2908/20/2013

He's just there. He doesn't intrigue me or annoy me.

I know, DL, "pointless bitchery", but jesus, grown men who "hate" everything. It's become so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 3008/21/2013

[quote]Poor thing. You're the perfect type of "music" fan who eats up whatever is marketed to you.

Like me!

by Anonymousreply 3108/21/2013

YESYESYES!!! I hat him so much. And here are my reasons: 1. He thinks he's the new Justin Timberlake, but actually he's just a bad, very bad, rip-off. 2. The song 'blurred lines' is very duplicate for women. 3. He's got an ego bigger than the whole fucking universe. 4. His voice makes my ears bleed. 5. He's a dick. 6. His head makes me wanna throw up and jump out the window. 7. He's overrated. 8. The song 'blurred lines' is overplayed and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 3204/20/2014

Love Robin! I bet you haters haven't even heard any of his albums!

by Anonymousreply 3304/20/2014

Shut up, OP...go back to listening to your rapper music. You're just JEALOUS of Robin.

by Anonymousreply 3404/20/2014

He could sit on my face for about five days and I would not let him get up.

by Anonymousreply 3504/20/2014

he looks like AIDS & STDS personified I would hit that arse but I would have to wear like thirty condoms to do it.

by Anonymousreply 3604/20/2014

The combined smell of douche water and Drakkar Noir doesn't appeal that much to me either.

by Anonymousreply 3704/20/2014

Not sure, R13.

Shrug me? Tug me? Bug me? Lug me? Rug me? Fug me?

by Anonymousreply 3804/20/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!