Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bradley Cooper On Ryan Gosling In 'Place Beyond The Pines': 'It Felt Getting In The Ring With A Real Motherf--ker'

With "The Place Beyond The Pines" out on DVD and Blu-ray on Aug. 6, Bradley Cooper spoke about the well-reviewed drama, why he feared even signing on for the project and what he loved about Ryan Gosling.

by Anonymousreply 3810/23/2013

Trying WAAAAAAY to hard to sound straight and manly.

by Anonymousreply 108/06/2013

Is that code for Gosling making his hole quiver?

by Anonymousreply 208/06/2013

[quote]He's generous and sweet and no-bullshit and he had no weird antics -- he just works the way I like to work, too. I thought, "This just feels like home."

Shorter Bradley Cooper:

Mamma's mussey was oozing like a BP oil spill, boys!

by Anonymousreply 308/06/2013

I'm just glad that he's at least pretending to know that he's lucky to be where he is right now. Let's see how he's doing a few years from now. Maybe a producer will buy him a Golden Globe.

by Anonymousreply 408/06/2013

R4 obviously didn't see IN BRUGES.

by Anonymousreply 508/06/2013

Stupid statement, Cooper has only one scene (lasting 5 seconds max) with Gosling in that movie.

The movie was not that good btw, Gosling was terrible and his character was a dumb idiot no one in real life would care for.

by Anonymousreply 608/06/2013

Gosling - lovely to look at, but VERY limited as an actor...

by Anonymousreply 708/06/2013

When will this Cooper guy please fade the fuck away? Who did he blow to get where he is? He is B list material AT BEST. I find him average to ugly, and boring. He's no Josh Brolin or Russel Crowe, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 808/06/2013

I don't see how someone can call Gosling a limited actor. Look at what he did in THE BELIEVER compared to what he did in LARS AND THE REAL GIRL. He makes limited choices in character, especially in the last few years, but he's capable of a lot more.

by Anonymousreply 908/06/2013

Gosling is a great actor, but he's been doing more mainstream garbage like Drive and that awful gangster movie. Half Nelson and Blue Valentine are movies where he shines.

I wish he'd start making better choices. And start showing MORE SKIN.

by Anonymousreply 1008/06/2013

Yes, Gosling's problem is that his last 4 films he's played essentially the same character -- the brooding, laconic loner. It's gotten tiresome. He needs to switch it up and go back to the varied roles he played in Lars and the Real Girl and Crazy, Stupid, Love.

by Anonymousreply 1108/06/2013

"He makes limited choices in character"

As I say - he's limited.

by Anonymousreply 1208/06/2013

I'm sort of sick of Ryan Gosling playing these annoying parts.

I'd like to see him for once play a character who is not severely damaged.

by Anonymousreply 1308/06/2013

I wish Ryan would just get his cock out. He keeps coming so close...

by Anonymousreply 1408/06/2013

I think they are both really good actors with long careers and Oscars ahead of them. That said, Gosling needs to play a character who actually speaks more often. Anyone see Only God Forgives?

by Anonymousreply 1508/06/2013

r8 The Hangover was a hit. He just got lucky. He became a hot name after years of supporting roles. His first time hosting SNL was before The Hangover, for He's Just Not that Into You and people barely knew who he was and were wondering why he was there. In a way, he paid his dues, but he's also an obnoxious asshole(and, more likely than not, closeted) Then he got lucky enough to be cast in a movie produced by Harvey Weinstein, and really, that alone is all any actor has to do to get ahead.

by Anonymousreply 1608/06/2013

Oh, look r15 actually thinks Coops is going to win an Oscar. Are you as coked out as he probably is right now?

by Anonymousreply 1708/06/2013

It sounded like a good movie, but Gosling annoys me. I won't see him in any movie.

by Anonymousreply 1808/06/2013

R17 He's on most people's lists this year for best supporting actor nominations. That would be 2 years in a row of nominations. I think he's a good actor who takes on interesting roles. I'm finding his career to be far more interesting than Gosling's at the moment. Gosling is stuck in a rut.

by Anonymousreply 1908/06/2013

I thought Gosling and Cooper were great too, not to mention Dane DeHaan.

by Anonymousreply 2008/06/2013

That little shit from Smash was the turd in the punchbowl again.

by Anonymousreply 2108/06/2013

I just saw this film and it was awesome. Many twists and turns and excellent acting.

I wish most new films were this good.

Ryan looks G R E A T. TY for post of out-takes above. I think he never looked more gorgeous even with the bleached blond hair and multiple tats.

Cooper hits a home run as a young rookie and later as politician father.

Exciting and interesting editing.

by Anonymousreply 2210/19/2013

bump great film!

by Anonymousreply 2310/19/2013

is this about Fire Island?

by Anonymousreply 2410/19/2013

Not at all A thriller based in Syracuse, NY. Compelling story. Do not want to spoil it for those who have not seen it.

by Anonymousreply 2510/19/2013

Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, fire island...

I see a pattern!!

by Anonymousreply 2610/19/2013

Gosling gave a very lame performance in that movie. He sometimes is great (Blue Valentine, Lars and the real Girl) but in most other movies he is just underwhelming. I think he is a major douche too.

BTW, Cooper has only a 2 second scene with Gosling! Cooper was amazing in Silver Linings Playbook, he should at least gotten a nomination for that one.

by Anonymousreply 2710/20/2013

Cooper did get nominated. And honestly he wasn't that great, he just isn't that great of an actor. There is a reason Lawrence walked away from that film with all the buzz.

by Anonymousreply 2810/20/2013

RE: There is a reason Lawrence walked away from that film with all the buzz.

Who is Lawrence?

by Anonymousreply 2910/20/2013

I thought this was Bradley's best performance in a film, much better than SLP. I think he's good and has room to really improve and shine as he gets older.

by Anonymousreply 3010/20/2013

I think Cooper is still on the bubble. If he manages to get some award nominations for American Hustle, that'll be what really cements him.

I love Gosling, but he needs to stop playing the same character over and over.

by Anonymousreply 3110/22/2013

Gosling has no range (he was laughably bad in Only God Forgives, )and his stupid PR antics from the last years makes him look like an idiot.

Can't wait for American Hustle, that trailer looks great!

by Anonymousreply 3210/22/2013

Saying Gosling has no range is ridiculous if you look at his entire filmography. Saying he hasn't been utilizing his range is accurate, however.

by Anonymousreply 3310/22/2013

Both Bradley and Ryan are WAAAAAY overrated in the looks department. Plain looking at best.

by Anonymousreply 3410/22/2013

R35 sounds like Brad or Ryan.

BTW, not even 180 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 3610/23/2013

Grossling is good at faking breaking up fights in NY! Other than that he sucks at acting.

by Anonymousreply 3810/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.