Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Oprah Winfrey REALLY gonna win an Oscar for her role in The Butler?

CNN has been hyping this for a week.

Why does everything this woman touches turn to gold!?

by Ugh!!!!reply 13201/29/2014

Please, Alfre Woodard should get her Oscar for her part in 'Twelve Years a Slave' before Oprah gets one.

by Ugh!!!!reply 108/03/2013

Hello ? "Beloved" .

by Ugh!!!!reply 208/03/2013

Oprah does not do stairs. If Oprah wins the Oscar, they'll have to install an elevator to get Oprah up to the stage.

by Ugh!!!!reply 308/03/2013

"Why does everything this woman touches turn to gold!?"

Because Oprah is worth her weight in gold. That leaves a ton more gold to be had.

by Ugh!!!!reply 408/03/2013

Gold ? The Nate Berkus Show was cancelled after 1 season. Hollywood Royalty............

by Ugh!!!!reply 508/03/2013

Uh, isn't this talk of an Oscar a little premature? Besides that, it's totally ridiculous. Oprah Winfrey win an Oscar? That's seems REALLY far-fetched to me. She's rich and famous, but sure doesn't guarantee that an Oscar is going to fall into her lap.

by Ugh!!!!reply 708/03/2013

[quote]Oprah Winfrey win an Oscar? That's seems REALLY far-fetched to me.

Us, too!

by Ugh!!!!reply 808/03/2013

[quote]Oprah does not do stairs. If Oprah wins the Oscar, they'll have to install an elevator to get Oprah up to the stage.

There's a difference between "stairs" and "steps," dear. Oprah does not do stairs. Oprah most *definitely* does short steps onto a stage to accept an Oscar.

by Ugh!!!!reply 908/03/2013

Hell yeah R1!

It'll never happen but I would love it if Jane Fonda was nominated for most any award for having played Nancy Regan. I don't even care which one. Golden Globe whatever. Don't care. I saw a still from the set and Jane Fonda gave the camera a certain look in that you could just tell she was like ' fuck you all, I am playing Nancy Regan God Damnit!'

I'm going to see the film because of Jane Fonda.

by Ugh!!!!reply 1008/03/2013

Wow, R6. I have always detested Oprah, but your hate-filled screed was over-the-top offensive--and not just to Oprah. Octavia Spencer didn't deserve your ugly snark. Did you also say aggressively ugly things about Kathy Bates when she won the Oscar's, or is your celeb opprobrium reserved only for frat black women?

Phil Donahue would never have said/written the things you did; you must have confused him with Marlo.

by Ugh!!!!reply 1108/03/2013

"Why does everything this woman touches turn to gold!?"

Ahem

by Ugh!!!!reply 1208/03/2013

R6, it wasn't a Lifetime Achievement Award. It was the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, which is awarded for "an individual's outstanding contributions to humanitarian causes."

by Ugh!!!!reply 1308/03/2013

There's a scene where Jane Fonda, playing Nancy Reagan, knocks Oprah's character to the floor and strangles her. That's worth the price of admission right there.

by Ugh!!!!reply 1408/03/2013

It wasn't originally named "Lee Daniels' 'The Butler,'" but it had to be changed because another studio owns the rights to an early, silent film with the same name, and they wouldn't budge.

by Ugh!!!!reply 1508/03/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Ugh!!!!reply 1608/03/2013

[quote] There's a scene where Jane Fonda, playing Nancy Reagan, knocks Oprah's character to the floor and strangles her.

Are tickets on sale yet?

by Ugh!!!!reply 1708/03/2013

Seems as if so many american actors are choosing roles with oscar in mind. The most blatant was DiCaprio as J. Edgar Hoover. I hope this trend will die, soon.

by Ugh!!!!reply 1808/03/2013

Looking Oprah in the face is like staring at the sun.

by Ugh!!!!reply 1908/03/2013

R12,

OWN is now making money and will become a huge success!

The big O will get her acting Oscar. You just watch. She is a force in this universe and she can't be stopped.

by Ugh!!!!reply 2008/03/2013

[quote]Is Oprah Winfrey REALLY gonna win an Oscar for her role in The Butler?

No. you miss-heard, she is going to win an Oscar when she does drag and plays a butler.

by Ugh!!!!reply 2108/03/2013

Jesus, r22 must be Gale.

Or Stedman.

by Ugh!!!!reply 2308/03/2013

"Jesus, R22 must be Gale.

Or Stedman."

Or Oprah.

by Ugh!!!!reply 2408/03/2013

She's fat. She's ugly. She shouldn't be in movies.

by Ugh!!!!reply 2508/03/2013

R9 Wow.

by Ugh!!!!reply 2608/03/2013

The Butler will receive no nominations.

by Ugh!!!!reply 2708/03/2013

[quote] Octavia Spencer didn't deserve your ugly snark.

She deserves to be tied to a treadmill with an eclair just out of reach.

by Ugh!!!!reply 2808/03/2013

Ten bucks says THE BUTLER will be forgotten when 12 YEARS A SLAVE opens in October. I think that's the "black struggle" film the Academy will choose to embrace instead.

by Ugh!!!!reply 2908/03/2013

She will most definitely be nominated for a Golden Globe. The Hollywood Foreign Press love to recognize big stars for average performances in order to drive the ratings for their show up.

Oprah probably has a pretty good chance of being nominated for an Oscar. She is a member of the Academy and is very connected in and around Hollywood.

by Ugh!!!!reply 3008/03/2013

She doesn't have a daily talk show anymore. The Academy members don't need her to promote their movies. Major snub.

by Ugh!!!!reply 3108/03/2013

Oprah has several factors on her side

1.) She's friends with all the Hollywood biggies and has given them a platform to promote their projects for twenty five years. And now on her network.

2.) People feel bad for her after Rae Dawn Chong eviscerated her in the media. Say what you want about Winfrey, but she did not deserved such a vicious diatribe from a fellow actress.

3.) Her last big memorable role was The Color Purple. Beloved is all but forgotten, and that works in her favor. People will remember that her last big role gave her an Oscar nomination. And it won't look so silly to give her another nomination.

4.) Lee Daniels has gotten Oscars for Halle Berry and Monique. He is great at getting a showy, hard delivered role out of his actors.

by Ugh!!!!reply 3208/03/2013

r32 Marc Foster directed Halle Berry in "Monster's Ball," not Lee Daniels.

No one feels sorry for Oprah, except for Oprah, who believes she is entitled to everything.

by Ugh!!!!reply 3308/03/2013

Wait. You mean to tell me this Butler movie wasn't produced for Lifetime, or The Hallmark Channel? They are planning on releasing it in movie theaters, where people have to PAY!?

by Ugh!!!!reply 3408/03/2013

"The field looks very slim at this point,"

unlike Oprah.

by Ugh!!!!reply 3508/03/2013

"The field looks very slim at this point,"

The Oscars are MONTHS away, you dumb twat.

All this stupid Oscar talk sounds like a publicity ploy, which it no doubt is.

by Ugh!!!!reply 3608/03/2013

She's blowing it out. She will do whatever it takes to get that gold, including spending millions on a campaign, to prove she is a legitimate actress.

She's not. But the media sycophants will happily oblige.

She's likely already picked out the tent she's planning to wear. Gayle will be required to polish the statue daily with a piece of imported felt, almost necessary as it will be covered in Oprah's pussy juice as she inserts it into her mammoth, gaping hatchet wound daily.

Tyler Perry will cry. Angela Bassett will cheer while lamenting that she could never buy an Oscar.

This, sadly, is barely satire.

by Ugh!!!!reply 3708/03/2013

Sofa Winfrey will not win.

by Ugh!!!!reply 3808/03/2013

Oscars are not given out for competitive eating. Sorry, Oprah.

by Ugh!!!!reply 3908/03/2013

Oh fuck. She'll be more intolerable than ever.

by Ugh!!!!reply 4008/03/2013

Oprah face in the film was smoothed out with CGI. Not sure how that affected her performance. In any case, I think any actor whose face is fucked with in the post should not be eligible for acting awards.

by Ugh!!!!reply 4108/03/2013

No. She won't even be nominated, It's a stunt film.

by Ugh!!!!reply 4208/03/2013

No. Neither the role or the performance are Oscar-worthy. It's highly likely she'll share the SAG Award in January when the Best Cast of a Motion Picture is presented.

by Ugh!!!!reply 4308/03/2013

oh heavens no....won't even be nominated.

by Ugh!!!!reply 4408/03/2013

[quote]It's highly likely she'll share the SAG Award in January when the Best Cast of a Motion Picture is presented.

no just no. The film will be completely forgotten by awards time. No one will see it. Box office bomb.

by Ugh!!!!reply 4508/03/2013

let's not forget that Lynn Stairmaster predicted that the cast of Les Mis would sweep this year's Oscars

by Ugh!!!!reply 4608/03/2013

and remember his love for W.E. and Madge's Best Director nomination..........

by Ugh!!!!reply 4708/03/2013

CNN--not exactly a credible source of anything.

by Ugh!!!!reply 4808/03/2013

[quote]let's not forget that Lynn Stairmaster predicted that the cast of Les Mis would sweep this year's Oscars

[quote]and remember his love for W.E. and Madge's Best Director nomination..........

LOL, I love it when posters set things straight.

by Ugh!!!!reply 4908/03/2013

Lynn Stairmaster has spoken...Oprah will get nothing.

by Ugh!!!!reply 5008/03/2013

[quote]let's not forget that Lynn Stairmaster predicted that the cast of Les Mis would sweep this year's Oscars

Not only that, but that it would be nominated for a record 16 Oscars, two more than the current record-holders ALL ABOUT EVE and TITANIC.

by Ugh!!!!reply 5108/03/2013

Oh, my, you haters slay me, really you do.

Going to a screening tomorrow of August: Osage County. Jealous, bitches?

by Ugh!!!!reply 5208/03/2013

GET READY FOR LINKS TO THE BEST OF LYNN STAIRMASTER!!!!!!

by Ugh!!!!reply 5308/03/2013

Extremely Loud!!!

by Ugh!!!!reply 5408/03/2013

more!

by Ugh!!!!reply 5508/03/2013

Judi Dench Best Supporting Actress for Skyfall!!

by Ugh!!!!reply 5608/03/2013

Michelle Williams will not be nominated for My Week with Marilyn!!

by Ugh!!!!reply 5708/03/2013

Well that's enough debunking of Lynn Stairmaster for now....(do a search there are pages and p[ages of his incredible stuff)

[quote]Oh, my, you haters slay me, really you do.

[quote]Going to a screening tomorrow of August: Osage County. Jealous, bitches?

ahhhhh the cry of the narcissist...you are all haters and just jealous.

OH MY!!!

by Ugh!!!!reply 5808/03/2013

August Osage will be the film that people with bad taste will wind up praising to the hilt. No way is it even going to be remotely as good as the stage production. The trailer already showed that.

But Meryl will get nominated because of her name recognition. Doesn't matter how incredibly bad the performance really is. We saw that with Iron Lady. She's clearly belting to the bleachers in this.

Cate's already getting buzz for the Woody Allen movie. She might be the one to beat.

by Ugh!!!!reply 5908/04/2013

It will be Oprah vs. Marilyn Hack for the Oscar next year.

by Ugh!!!!reply 6008/04/2013

She doesn't deserve it. She's not that good. But because she's a billionaire they'll give her one to kiss up. Whenever she and Jennifer Anuston fart, they get media coverage.

by Ugh!!!!reply 6108/04/2013

I'd keep an eye out for Jessica Lange's performance in "Therese" come awards season more so than Oprah's performance in "Lee Daniel's The Butler"

by Ugh!!!!reply 6208/04/2013

From today's Parade magazine interview with Oprah (and Forest and Lee):

[quote]I remember being on my mountain in Maui, where I go to try to restore myself.

Could she BE any more pretentious? (And obnoxious?)

by Ugh!!!!reply 6308/04/2013

Marilyn Hack in "Home for Purim" is the performance to beat this year.

by Ugh!!!!reply 6508/04/2013

[quote]Cate's already getting buzz for the Woody Allen movie. She might be the one to beat.

It's Cate's this year. Woody does it again. If and a BIG if Oprah gets a nomination, it will be in the supporting category. Unless she really had a fit and strong arms Weinstein to campaign her for lead.

by Ugh!!!!reply 6608/04/2013

Cate, AGAIN?

Not that it's undeserved, they own her one for Elizabeth.

by Ugh!!!!reply 6708/04/2013

Octavia Spencer will at least get a nom for Fruitvale Station. She was so amazing, and such a departure from her role in The Help.

by Ugh!!!!reply 6808/04/2013

[quote] Octavia Spencer will at least get a nom for Fruitvale Station. She was so amazing, and such a departure from her role in The Help.

An oppressed black woman dealing with racial strife.

What range.

by Ugh!!!!reply 6908/04/2013

[quote]Octavia Spencer will at least get a nom for Fruitvale Station.

No nom for The Chad?

by Ugh!!!!reply 7008/04/2013

Who is Oprah? That woman who used to have that talk show?

by Ugh!!!!reply 7108/04/2013

Yes R6. How dare The Academy give awards to fat black women; when there are so many deserving skinny white women out there. Everybody knows that fat black women are ugly and can't act.

How dare Oprah Winfrey rise from a tragedy filled, impoverished, abusive childhood to become the first black female billionaire. How dare she do well in high school and win a full scholarship to college. How dare she bust her ass beat all the odds and succeed in television. Who does she think she is? Doesn't she know that fat black women are ugly and don't deserve success. She belongs in a kitchen cooking, not at the Academy Awards. Although she can come and clean up after the awards ceremony is over.

R6= Amanda Bynes (The Meds Ain't Working)

by Ugh!!!!reply 7208/04/2013

Vanessa, did you see the movie? I'm guessing not.

by Ugh!!!!reply 7308/04/2013

[quote] Everybody knows that fat black women are ugly and can't act.

Why do you think I have to dress like one?

by Ugh!!!!reply 7408/04/2013

I appreciate Oprah in a lot of ways and have been moved by many of her shows through the years.

What I don't particularly appreciate is her acting ability. She's competent but not great. She's the same in almost every role with her over-the-top 'Suthun' 'honey chile' schtick and old school portrayals that have been done a million times over. Nothing Oscar worthy IMO.

I put her in the same category with other 'one note' actors who are almost the same in every role, i.e. Matthew McConaughey, Ashley Judd, etc. Obviously I haven't seen the film yet so she could surprise us, but based on the trailer she seems to be doing her 'same old, same old' accent and schtick.

But R32 brings up a strong argument for her to get a nomination. She had (and still has) a powerful ability to sell books and movies to mass audiences (even if they don't always go for her recommendations, i.e. Beloved). Hollywood can throw her a bone and stay in her good graces.

by Ugh!!!!reply 7508/04/2013

[quote]Lee Daniels has gotten Oscars for Halle Berry and Monique.

I think R32 is Jackie Harvey from The Onion.

by Ugh!!!!reply 7608/05/2013

[quote]Why does everything this woman touches turn to gold!?

Someone hand me a mirror. I need to check my pussy.

by Ugh!!!!reply 7708/05/2013

[quote]Why shouldn't she win?

Because she's always been lousy in the roles she's stolen from decent Black actresses. Oprah Winfrey is simply not an actress.

[quote]If the performance is deserving,

She's never given a "deserving" performance in her life. Why would you presume that she's going to start now?

[quote]I see no reason why she shouldn't get the Oscar.

You're a moron and a frau, R16. t

by Ugh!!!!reply 7808/05/2013

[quote]Lee Daniels has gotten Oscars for Halle Berry and Monique.

And he got Stephen Dorff, Matthew McConaughey & Zac Efron out of their clothes and all they got were flops.

by Ugh!!!!reply 7908/05/2013

Winfrey is not an actress. She's a celebrity who sometimes attempts acting, but she is NO actress. Her performances, at best, are adequate, nothing more. She's not Oscar material. Her nomination for The Color Purple was a fluke. That movie got nominated for a slew of Oscars as a courtesy...and won none of them.

by Ugh!!!!reply 8008/05/2013

I wonder if Oprah will realise this is her chance to win and go on a huge campaign. Consider.....Oprah, standing in a fur coat.

by Ugh!!!!reply 8108/05/2013

If she loses, she can always to back to her mountain in Maui to "restore."

by Ugh!!!!reply 8208/05/2013

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As per Lou Lumenick's review in the NY Post:

"Winfrey — who hasn’t acted on the big screen in 15 years — has been encouraged by Daniels to do some serious chewing that borders on cringe-inducing. Rather than seeming to be in the same movie as the dignified Whitaker, it’s more like she’s doing Elizabeth Taylor’s role in “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’’

ROTFLMAO - she will of course get a nod from the insipid Golden Globes, but Oscar - NO way.

by Ugh!!!!reply 8308/12/2013

LOL. One measly negative review.

Meanwhile, here are some of the numerous accolades she's received so far:

"Oprah Winfrey plays his wife, Gloria, and I never thought she’d be able to shed her Queen of TV persona. The character is broadly drawn (she’s an alcoholic), but Winfrey manages to go back in time and capture the self-loathing of a woman with no power. "

- Davod Edelstein (New York Magazine)

- Ultimately, Cecil's private life is mainly defined by his bumpy relationship with his boozing, Faye Adams-loving wife, Gloria, played by a phenomenal Oprah Winfrey. She brings the ache of age and the pain of a compromised life out of her character with as little as a disinterested glare toward her man on the side (Terrence Howard). When Gloria is entertaining, however, Winfrey brings out her own manic social energy, and she's electrifying"

- Chris Caban (Slant Magazine.com)

"a beautifully nuanced Oprah Winfrey"

- Chris Nashawaty (Entertainment Weekly)

"and even though you can’t help but watch Oprah Winfrey through the prism of her “Oprah-ness”, she does deliver a smartly modulated and ultimately lovely performance."

- Joanna Langfield (The Movie Minute)

"Director Lee Daniels (“Precious,” “The Paperboy”) astutely cast savvy Forest Whitaker as the resilient, richly-nuanced, Oscar-contending lead, paired with POWERFUL OPRAH WINFREY. Cuba Gooding Jr. and Lenny Kravitz score as Gaines’ co-workers"

- Susan Granger

"Cecil’s protective spouse intervenes to slap her son before uttering the moving line likely to land Oprah Winfrey another Academy Award nomination: “Everything you have, and everything you are, is because of that butler.”

- Kam Williams (aalbc.com)

"With her drunk scenes and sporadic venting of frustrations, Winfrey has more dramatic opportunities and is quite enjoyable to watch, her enormous wealth and status since her last movie outing having encumbered her with no noticeable grande dame affectations"

- Todd McCarthy (Hollywood Reporter)

by Ugh!!!!reply 8408/12/2013

The Movie Minute? aalbc.com? Slant magazine? Those are the cream of the crop reviews!

by Ugh!!!!reply 8508/12/2013

I saw an extended trailer for the film and Oprah looked very "Zelig" in that it she just didn't belong.

Odd, but my opinion all the same.

It is like someone did up Oprah CGI from what I saw of that extended trailer.

by Ugh!!!!reply 8608/12/2013

[quote]"Oprah Winfrey plays his wife, Gloria, and I never thought she’d be able to shed her Queen of TV persona. The character is broadly drawn (she’s an alcoholic), but Winfrey manages to go back in time and capture the self-loathing of a woman with no power. "- Davod Edelstein (New York Magazine)

Accolade? Honey, that all but says she didn't embarrass herself.

by Ugh!!!!reply 8708/12/2013

"paired with POWERFUL OPRAH WINFREY."

Wow! What an extended paean to her talent! She's got that Oscar wrapped up!

by Ugh!!!!reply 8808/12/2013

Well, I'm sorry it doesn't have the journalistic integrity of Lou from the NY Post! Because we all know how culturally esteemed they are.

She's clearly getting more accolades than criticisms.

Lou, notwithstanding of course.

by Ugh!!!!reply 8908/12/2013

The cunt buys everything and whines like a twat when she can't.

She will try to buy this, too. She's absolutely disgusting.

by Ugh!!!!reply 9008/12/2013

Actually R89 (you pretentious snob), Lou Lumenick is a pretty good film reviewer - believe me if it was the pretentious and self-important Kyle Smith (the other NY Post film reviewer) I would have preceded my review with that Kyle criticism.

by Ugh!!!!reply 9108/12/2013

you are a racist if you don't vote for me

by Ugh!!!!reply 9208/12/2013

I doubt she'll win. The Academy respects Oprah as a moneymaker and a tastemaker, but I don't think they like it that she really only dabbles at acting, even though she's quite good when she does. I actually liked her very much in Beloved, even though I thought the film itself was long and boring (and I wanted to strangle Thandie Newton for being so annoying).

by Ugh!!!!reply 9308/12/2013

I'm gonna do my best to stop her...but I'll need the gay mafia's help....email, tweet, text!!!!

Spread the word....remember what the Oprah did to Brokeback!!! Vote Streep (or anyone else 2014!!!!)

as always...

by Ugh!!!!reply 9408/12/2013

It's impossible not to give Oprah credit for all she's accomplished but one can still find her narcissism repulsive without being a racist. I don't know if it was Legends Ball that totally turned me off or the ass-kissing of her scientology posse including Tom Cruise but I can't watch her without cringing. However, she's the very embodiment of charisma and I would not be surprised if that translates to the screen.

by Ugh!!!!reply 9508/12/2013

Oprah would not have taken this role blindly and without preparation. I believe that NYPost critic may be right about her performance.

"12 years a Slave" will also win nominations, Alfre Woodard, and even a if it is a walk-on Quvehnzane will be a scene stealer. Add Fonda, Blanchette to the mix, and what a season!

[R6] you are a creepy hater. Oprahs success is only exceeded by her spirit of generosity and sense of obligation to improve as many lives as possible with her fortune. she does hands on Philanthropy, and believe it or not there is indeed reward in that. It is called satisfaction and inner peace. It may be called Oscar.

I think you need to financially sponsor a minority college student somewhere, don't open your mouth though, unless it is for a piece of my delicious pie.

by Ugh!!!!reply 9608/13/2013

Oprah's not going to get an Oscar. The reviews may be good, but they're just not overpowering enough for a dilettante like her to win. She needed Mo'Nique or Jennifer Hudson level reviews, and they just aren't there.

Imagine your average Oscar actor's branch member (let's say Martin Sheen: old, well-known, never nominated). Do you think he's going to vote for the billionaire talk show host who does a movie once a generation, unless she's so amazingly good it can't be denied? Not a chance.

by Ugh!!!!reply 9708/13/2013

White guilt worked for me!

by Ugh!!!!reply 9808/13/2013

Cate Blanchett is surely the leading contender for the Best Actress Oscar. She's stunningly good, and her performance is the kind that you continue to think about days after seeing it.

If Harvey W. is smart, and he is, Oprah will be put in the Supporting Actress category, where she will have a shot. She's great in the film. (Jane Fonda is too, by the way, but her part is far too small to get awards attention.) And it's the kind of film that Academy voters love.

All this hate from people who've clearly not seem the film is rather exhausting. The sad news for them is that Gloria is a fantastic part that Oprah fills quite beautifully. Will she be the best in what will likely be a crowded category? Probably not. But the Oscars are about so much less than greatness.

by Ugh!!!!reply 9908/13/2013

If she wins there will not be enough room for her ego & Stedman in the same house.

by Ugh!!!!reply 10108/13/2013

Gossip on Oprah. Is any of it true?

by Ugh!!!!reply 10208/13/2013

r100 is a prime example of frau infestation! Spray! make the pest go away.

by Ugh!!!!reply 10308/13/2013

Variety review excerpt:

In one of the few observations that Daniels doesn’t drive home with a sledgehammer, the presidential mansion is seen as a veritable simulacrum of the plantation house, with the same expectation of “invisibility” for service staff, who are also instructed to see nothing and hear nothing of the sometimes momentous events taking place before them.

There’s no denying, though, that Daniels knows how to push an audience’s buttons, and as crudely obvious as “The Butler” can be — whether juxtaposing a Woolworth’s lunch-counter protest with a formal White House dinner, or showing a character keeling over at the breakfast table with oxygen tank attached — it’s also genuinely rousing. By the end, it’s hard not to feel moved, if also more than a bit manhandled.

by Ugh!!!!reply 10408/13/2013

[quote]the presidential mansion is seen as a veritable simulacrum of the plantation house,

sounds like a party!!!!

by Ugh!!!!reply 10508/13/2013

"OP, try not be envious of those far more talented than you in life. Oprah has worked hard for what she has gotten.

Now if you would learn how to re-fold jeans at The Gap a little faster than you are doing now, you might one day become head cashier."

Once again, stop being such an ass.

by Ugh!!!!reply 10608/14/2013

"All this hate from people who've clearly not seem the film is rather exhausting."

Actually we posted reviews of those who have seen the film.

by Ugh!!!!reply 10708/14/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Ugh!!!!reply 10808/14/2013

She won't win even if she gave every voting member a box of cronuts with a diamond encrusted Faberge egg thrown in.

by Ugh!!!!reply 10908/14/2013

I want her to win more than anything because DL meltdown will be epic.

by Ugh!!!!reply 11008/14/2013

If one good thing comes out of this Zurich-handbag-racism claim thing, it's the few remaining European TV channels cancelling Oprah's show and she will not set foot in any European county anymore.

by Ugh!!!!reply 11108/14/2013

It'll be so beautiful to see "The Butler"--sorry, "Lee Daniels' The Butler"--be completely shut out when the Oscar nominations are read. Can't wait!

by Ugh!!!!reply 11208/14/2013

I loves pussy!

by Ugh!!!!reply 11308/14/2013

Lord I truly hope not! that fat ugly obnoxious phony as hell PIG has had too many people cowtowing to her fat cow ass because she is rich and STILL gets treated like crap at fancy expensive European stores guess money can't make a beloved mammy no matter how much white ass you kiss.

by Ugh!!!!reply 11408/17/2013

[quote] I don't know if it was Legends Ball that totally turned me off or the ass-kissing of her scientology posse including Tom Cruise but I can't watch her without cringing.

Let's not forget how she helped elect my son president by soft-peddling him to the "security-moms" on her show. Up until then, female voters didn't like him at all. Thanks for the bump, Big O!

by Ugh!!!!reply 11508/17/2013

Oprah might get that Oscar after all. "The Butler" soars at the box office:

by Ugh!!!!reply 11608/17/2013

Look, the reviewers are not going to trash Oprah, even if she sucks. There is always the chance that Oprah will buy their publication and fire them.

by Ugh!!!!reply 11708/17/2013

8.2 million is "soaring?" Boy, that's really stretching it.

I don't people are stampeding to see this movie. Why would they? The hype seems pretty desperate to me. Winfrey is probably spending millions to make this movie out to be as big a deal as possible.

by Ugh!!!!reply 11808/17/2013

It's a good movie. Sure, there are flaws but it's very engaging and moving. Oprah dominates every frame she's in even though she's simply dreadful when she has to play an old woman. She looked and sounded like a Tyler Perry character.

Her character is a weird one. She's the prototypical bored, fed-up housewife that Betty Friedan wrote about. It's as if she hates the world for not revolving about her.

by Ugh!!!!reply 11908/17/2013

She's gotten huge again.

by Ugh!!!!reply 12008/17/2013

She's just playing Oprah.

by Ugh!!!!reply 12108/17/2013

The Weinsteins buy the awards and the voters. It's like the fucking Mafia now.

by Ugh!!!!reply 12208/17/2013

Great stunt casting--Mariah Carey as a crazy woman. Also, she's supposed to be a field hand.

by Ugh!!!!reply 12308/17/2013

Blatant oscar campaigning gives me the chills, and the willies!

by Ugh!!!!reply 12408/29/2013

Oprah is 60 today.

Will she ever be president?

by Ugh!!!!reply 12501/29/2014

[quote]Oprah is 60 today.

[quote]Will she ever be president?

I'm God, why would I want to be downgraded to president?

by Ugh!!!!reply 12601/29/2014

Happy Birthday Oprah!!!!

by Ugh!!!!reply 12701/29/2014

YES! She really is going to win. If not in the actual gala, she'll put together her own, where she wins every single award. It'll be on her OWN channel every day for a month.

by Ugh!!!!reply 12801/29/2014

60, time for her to get pregnant.

by Ugh!!!!reply 12901/29/2014

[quote]The Butler will receive no nominations. by: Anonymous reply 27 08/03/2013 @ 05:41PM

Back in August I predicted Oprah would not be nominated. Ta daaaah.

by Ugh!!!!reply 13001/29/2014

It was back in August, Fool, it certainly was me. I did Trolldar before I posted and everything else in yellow was me too. ISP changes you know.

by Ugh!!!!reply 13101/29/2014
Need more help? Click Here.