Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Armie Hammer: I won't play Batman against Henry Cavill because people might start to wonder about us...

Well, that should make for an awkward next two months shooting "Man from UNCLE..."

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 8009/24/2013

Maybe the fact that you can't act is another reason.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 108/03/2013

Well, isn't he high about himself.

I wouldn't want him as Batman either... make room for Luke Evans... I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem working with Henry and couldn't give a shit what people think.

This bitch doth protest too much.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 208/03/2013

So Armie admits he wants to hammer dat ass

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 308/03/2013

OP, I think your brass knuckles are cutting off the blood supply to your brain.

First of all, the guy didn't say it in a mean-spirited way. He just doesn't want to do superhero movies. Big deal.

Second, here's the whole quote: [quote]"I think if Henry and I did that film and then a superhero film straight after, people might start to wonder about us…" Hammer joked. So is there some (bro)mance in the air? "I wish! God, he's dreamy!"

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 408/03/2013

I think someone was just told he didn't get a part he wanted.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 508/03/2013

Isn't Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing Robin?

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 608/03/2013

Variety did not say that Armie Hammer "wished" he was romantically involved with Henry Cavill!

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 708/03/2013

Armie = Box Office Poison

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 808/03/2013

Armie Hammer has GREAT taste!

No no no, that's not right. I mean he tastes GREAT!

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 908/03/2013

[quote]But he added that “I’m not actually a big fan of superhero films,” ruling him out of future roles based on Marvel or DC characters. “If you have a guy who is supposed to be invulnerable, then what’s the point?”

That's a pretty douche thing to say, considering he's going to be working with Henry on his next project.

I bet the studio wouldn't consider him for Batman because he is already appearing in Man from UNCLE with Henry, and he was mad and made these bitchy comments.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 1008/03/2013

Why doesn't Cavill keep his hair curly? Gorgeous shit-faced man.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 1108/03/2013

I don't want to win an Oscar. I don't, I don't.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 1208/03/2013

DOUCHBAG statement because, you know, the "wonder about us" part would be PERFECT publicity, dumbass. That is a flat out homophobic sounding dipshit statement. He should be thrilled that anyone WOULD wonder about him and Henry Cavill.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 1308/03/2013

Sounds like Armie knows about the rumors. I bet he suspects that Henry is gay. That's why he has trouble working with him on the next movie.. sounds like a homophobic douche to me.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 1408/03/2013

Are you really going to dissect this guy's statement to find homophobia when it was innocuous?

I'd say being a closeted actor who has his gay friends lie for him is far worse.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 1508/03/2013

It actually does sound like a backhanded homophobic comment against Henry, who has so many gay rumors swirling around him at the moment.

Armie is blissfully married, so I'm sure he feels impervious to the ghey rumors as long as he vociferously asserts his hetero lifestyle and his disdain for all things ghey.

But it's these offhanded protests that make you wonder about their sexuality in the first place...

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 1608/03/2013

[quote] make room for Luke Evans... I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem working with Henry and couldn't give a shit what people think.

Luke Evans wouldn't have gone back in the closet if he didn't give a shit what people think.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 1708/03/2013

It's the fact that Henry is hot, not that he's gay which made Hammer say it. I doubt he would've said it if he was working with Harvey Fierstein.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 1808/03/2013

Yeah, Armie doesn't get bothered by the ghey stuff at all...

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 1908/03/2013

I honestly don't think what he said had to do with Henry having gay rumors about him.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 2108/03/2013

R22, whatever you say, stan. I can give you the map, but I can't force your stupid ass to get there.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 2308/03/2013

I'm sick of Armie and his fame whore nobody wife who mugs the cameras at every single red carpet event.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 2408/03/2013

WTF is a stan?

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 2508/03/2013

[quote]WTF is a stan?

A Madonna fan

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 2608/03/2013

Stan = fangirl terminology for an obsessed fan (stalker/fan)

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 2708/03/2013

Need another map I take it?

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 2808/03/2013

Yes, I need a map to your life of celeb gossip sites where they use idiotic terms like "stan" because you have so much to say about any and all celebrities that you need abbreviations for this "world."

I've never seen a thing Hammer has been in and I've never even seen him interviewed. Nada. Don't follow him, don't know shit about his life except the few things that I've read on DL. He's a trust fund kid and his family is famous(?). And he was in that bomb "The Lone Ranger."

I'm forming my opinions based on the links provided in this thread and reading HIS quotes.

[quote]Hammer says. "It wasn’t that weird - I have never kissed a guy — it’s not something I’m going to do in my private life, but at the end of it I was, like, man, there is a lot of weird hype.”

If a gay guy has to kiss a woman and said something similar, you wouldn't accuse him of hating women.

Cavill has said countless times that sex scenes are weird and he doesn't like them. Do you see women attacking him for it?

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 2908/03/2013

Whatever, R22. You did sound a little overly defensive about a total stranger. The link led to a crappy piece of writing and a not what I'd call a gay-friendly interview, but:

1) It's difficult for morons who write entertainment articles to handle things like gay scenes, characters, and kisses without sounding like, well, morons. Also, articles are written for, though not necessarily by, straights. Flyover straights.

2) By the time an article is written, only a true idiot would claim to know what the actor said and what the author says he/she said. Video is different; if you get an actor saying something assholic or homophobic on tape, you know he/she said it (although not always the context).

2a) If an actor does say anything revealing or assholic that his/her PR doesn't want to get out, someone on his/her PR team will make sure it's gone before it gets published. So if it's there, it's the image they want him/her to put across to fans.

3) It was a lame, methinks-he-doth article, but (see point 1) no way to tell if it was Hammer being a loser or the author.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 3008/03/2013

He doth protest too much. Either he has feelings for men sometimes or he is literally a homophobe. An "eww icky"/"OMG PLEASE DONT THINK I'M GAY. THIS IS JUST A MOVIE." type of guy. What he said about J. Edgar only adds to that.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 3108/03/2013

Armie is becoming the male

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 3208/03/2013

r32 He's well bred, but lacks maturity.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 3308/03/2013

Look, if the guy has a history of being a homophobic douche, I'd go after him. Maybe he is one, I don't know. Like I said, I was basing my opinion on what people were linking. His quotes didn't seem that bad. It seemed he was focusing on the hype that people create about two men kissing and he was saying it wasn't such a big deal.

Has he even done enough work to have a "stan"? I don't think I've ever been more insulted. Jesus, at least accuse me of being a "stan" for someone with a solid career!

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 3408/03/2013

Obviously, the film makers don't want this loser hurting their movie. No actor passes up the chance to be a superhero.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 3508/04/2013

His name is STUPID, too. Am I the only one who thinks of BAKING SODA? Arm and Hammer? I mean, c'mon.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 3608/04/2013

r36 Sorry for stepping on your joke if it is one, but...

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 3708/04/2013

Armie doesn't have what it takes to pull off Batman. Armie could likely pull of Bruce Wayne since he can pull upon personal experience to play the playboy Bruce Wayne. But the brooding, intelligent Batman? Armie doesn't have that.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 3908/05/2013

Oh no - there are more of these infantile fan-wank films in the pipeline???

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 4008/05/2013

R36 is either a troll, an idiot, or 18 years old.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 4108/05/2013

Wasn't Lone Ranger a massive flop?

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 4208/05/2013

Sorry, but no bit of controversy, hot gossip, or PR-planted anything can make this tired slice of white bread interesting.

Hammer's not happening.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 4308/05/2013

No one was "wondering" about the two of them before he made that statement. Now we will though. Thanks for the fantasy fap material, Armie!! Yum.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 4408/05/2013

[quote]Thanks for the fantasy fap material, Armie!! Yum.

On your knees, Armie!

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 4508/05/2013

Cavill had gay friends. It doesn't mean he was gay! Yeah right.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 4608/30/2013

It's a shame Armie's wife has a vice grip on his balls because you know he probably likes to fool around with the boys from time to time.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 4708/31/2013

Very true, R31.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 4809/01/2013

Armie is just too worried about people seeing him as a gay.

The lady doth protest too much....

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 4909/03/2013

Tell me they don't make the cutest couple:

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 5009/11/2013

It's odd that Armie married his wife so young.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 5109/11/2013

Armie is not an attractive man and I wish him all the best.

Nobody, nobody would wonder about the deliciousness that is Henry Cavill entwined with Armie Hammer. That would be like pairing Kellan Lutz with Jeremy Renner.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 5209/11/2013

Armie is the cute one!! Love him.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 5309/11/2013

They look like a couple to me

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 5409/11/2013

I really hate this guy's voice.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 5509/11/2013

Who's the top/bottom?

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 5609/11/2013

Whoa. That sounds a little conceited, and a little closeted.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 5709/11/2013

That lady in the background is frighteningly thin.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 5809/11/2013

The guy next to her is Henry's brother.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 5909/11/2013

Arm and Hammer.

The dude is ugly as fuck, and has no talent. He's box office poison. He's done.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 6009/11/2013

Hammer is not ugly. He's gorgeous. He's no Cavill, but he's gorgeous.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 6109/11/2013

r58, I think that is costar Elizabeth Debicki. I'm only guessing, though, but I know she's over 6' tall.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 6209/11/2013

I don't think that's Elizabeth D. because that woman is wearing heels and has darker hair. If Liz was wearing heels, she'd be 6'5"/6'6" easily.

She'd really tower all of them (except Armie who's 6'5") if that was her:

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 6309/11/2013

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 6409/11/2013

It's possible she changed hair color for the role and whoever she is nearly Hammer's height despite being in the background and Hammer closest to the camera.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 6509/11/2013

[quote]Hammer is not ugly. He's gorgeous. He's no Cavill, but he's gorgeous.

He's a tard.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 6609/11/2013

According to Star, Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer are fighting on 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E' set.

Gossip Cop has debunked it.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 6709/18/2013

Lovers spat. So cute.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 6809/18/2013

R67 "Tensions are high on set" Sexual tension.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 6909/18/2013

Erections are high on set

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 7009/18/2013

I bet they were high. About 5 inches high at most.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 7109/18/2013

Such a load of bullshit. They're hanging out off-set. I always wonder if it's Star itself creating the fairytale or the publicity dimwits for the movie who have to create "buzz" for it.

Either way, how embarrassing for all involved.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 7209/18/2013

[quote]About 5 inches high at most.

Cavill's clearly packing, so you're wrong.

I hope someone gets video of the makeup sex.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 7309/18/2013

[quote]The Star source explains, “Henry considers himself a highly trained thespian and believes that Armie is only interested in making popcorn movies and being famous.”

Oh for fuck sake. Who in the hell made up this crap and who's stupid enough to believe it when it makes zero sense?

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 7409/18/2013

Is it my imagination or does young Miss Henry have a bikini tan line?

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 7509/18/2013

Armie is teasing us....

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 7609/23/2013

They go well together. I'd pay for the sex tape.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 7709/23/2013

He could be referring to sci-fi/action movies. Being labeled and stuck playing certain type of characters and movie genres.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 7809/23/2013

I despise Armie's "priveleged" Beverly Hills way of speaking. It's so tedious and overbearing. Has anyone listened to this "accent" that he has? Gross.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 7909/23/2013

Me , too.

by Simon Halls's Fistreply 8009/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!