Great choice.

by Anonymousreply 8404/30/2015

ummm no.

by Anonymousreply 108/02/2013

lemme think about that, nope.

by Anonymousreply 208/02/2013

Well, I'll give you the daddy part.

by Anonymousreply 308/02/2013

He's probably perfect. As an American, I've found Dr. Who completely unwatchable and of no interest.

I have no interest in that person. Just too ARCH -- the hair, the mustache, the smirk...

So, yeah. He's prolly exactly right.

by Anonymousreply 408/02/2013

WTF. Who is that? Capaldi. Is this a big hoax? Or a real, pardon the expression, leak?

by Anonymousreply 508/02/2013

Couldn't be any worse than the last one. I completely stopped watching.

I liked Christopher Eckelstein.

by Anonymousreply 608/02/2013

I like him. Dr Who has never been about being hot or sexy anyhow.

by Anonymousreply 708/02/2013

Is that a starving homeless bum?

by Anonymousreply 808/02/2013

It has a name?

by Anonymousreply 908/02/2013

I think he is quite handsome for an older guy. He looks like a cross between David Niven & Orlando Bloom. He is an interesting choice, I think I'd enjoy him as Dr. Who.

by Anonymousreply 1108/02/2013

Don't the Brits ever get sick of Dr. Who? Seems like it has been on my whole life.

by Anonymousreply 1208/02/2013

[quote]He looks like a cross between David Niven & Orlando Bloom

He does! I'm really looking forward to the new season.

by Anonymousreply 1308/02/2013

He looks like what Barry Manilow would look like if he stopped having plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 1408/02/2013

He's brilliant in The Thick Of It.

by Anonymousreply 1508/03/2013

Why don't they ever let a woman or a non-white person be Dr. Who?

by Anonymousreply 1608/03/2013

R16, because they choose not to. Who cares? God I'm sick of this PC shit.

by Anonymousreply 1708/03/2013

R12, that's because if you're under 50 it has been. Inexplicably. And god yes, some of us do - how is it not embarrassing drivel compared to shows like Farscape, Firefly, BSG?

by Anonymousreply 1808/03/2013

I think OP mistyped. He meant to say UNsexy GRANDdaddy.....

by Anonymousreply 1908/03/2013

Ugly and emaciated. He's also an Oscar winner.

by Anonymousreply 2008/03/2013

R6. Bet you didn't Google Eckstein's name. Because his name is really Eccleston,of the Elliot Spitzer giant ears. He left after one year, and has hardly been heard from since. He didn't want to get type cast, and instead he hasn't been any kind of cast.

by Anonymousreply 2108/03/2013

Right, sorry, David. I was disappointed when you showed up s2. Although you did grow on me.

Christopher ECCLESTON was a great Dr.

by Anonymousreply 2208/03/2013

Well, that makes no sense!

He played the bumbling bureaucrat who faces off against the giant acid-spitting lobster aliens in 'Torchwood's' "Children of Earth" mini-series!

'Torchwood' is directly related to 'Dr. Who!"

Why would Dr. Who transform into a man who already died in a prior event?

by Anonymousreply 2308/03/2013

PETER CAPALDI? Seriously?

He was great in "Local Hero" as as a snarky politician, I think he played a politician in a mini-series I saw on Sundance or IFC, but I can't picture him as Dr. Who.

He's a really good actor, but not a good choice as Dr. Who.

by Anonymousreply 2408/03/2013

"'Oi, Dalek. Stuff your lollipop up your shiny metal arse, you mincing tin twat."

by Anonymousreply 2508/03/2013

"Local Hero"? oh gosh... now I know who he is. I totally didn't recognize him from OP's linked picture. I would like to withdraw all my snarkiness. He's a wonderful actor -- most recently great in WWZ. If you Brits want him as your next Dr. Who. go right ahead. With my blessing. :-)

by Anonymousreply 2608/03/2013

[quote]Why would Dr. Who transform into a man who already died in a prior event?

For the same reasons Romana regenerated with the face of Princess Astra in "Destiny of the Daleks": because why not?

by Anonymousreply 2708/03/2013

Wow, he's got some head of hair or he did?

He looks a bit like Paulo Costanzo of "Royal Pains". He definitely needs to gain some weight.

by Anonymousreply 2808/03/2013

OP is either trolling or has NO taste. That guy is ugly and nasty looking.

by Anonymousreply 2908/03/2013

Capaldi is marvelous but hasn't been confirmed as the new Doctor. Personally, my money is on Daniel Rigby.

by Anonymousreply 3008/03/2013

I knew he looked familiar. Loved that show, R15.

by Anonymousreply 3108/03/2013

Some of his best lines from "The Thick of It". I wonder if we'll see these on Dr. Who?

"Come the fuck in or fuck the fuck off."

"How much fucking shit is there on the menu and what fucking flavour is it?"

"Fuckety bye."

"Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse."

"Ambassador, with your big baldy head you are spoiling us!"

"Allow me to pop a jaunty little bonnet on your purview and ram it up your shitter with a lubricated horse cock."

"Wake up and smell the cock."

"You are a boring F, star, star, CUNT!"

"Don't get sarcastic with me, son. We burned this tight-arsed city to the ground in 1814. And I'm all for doing it again, starting with you, you frat fuck. You get sarcastic with me again and I will stuff so much cotton wool down your fucking throat it'll come out your arse like the tail on a Playboy bunny."

"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up cause that cunt's a cunt."

by Anonymousreply 3208/03/2013

Needle dick, the bug fucker.

Ick.

by Anonymousreply 3308/03/2013

I'm rooting for Russell Tovey. The first out gay Doctor!

by Anonymousreply 3408/03/2013

Love Peter Capaldi, he's a fantastic actor. If this is true then I'm happy they've gone for talent over looks, although he's still a good looking guy for his age I think - but then again I've never liked boys who are too pretty, I like a man to look like a man. I kind of expected them to go with some over exuberant 20 year old who doesn't have the experience to pull it off.

How brilliant would it be if he played it like Malcolm Tucker like R25 said? "Who fucking gave you fucking permission to talk you fucking wet arsewipe? Now fuck off and don't fuck around with this planet anymore or I will pull your metallic cock shaped head off and stick it so far up a Slitheen's arse you'll echo every time he farts. Fucking Daleks, call yourselves arch enemies? It took you 30 years to work out how stairs work you fucking tosser."

by Anonymousreply 3508/03/2013

They're not going to cast someone *that* old for Dr Who, are they? It needs to be someone young enough for teenagers to fancy.

by Anonymousreply 3608/03/2013

If they let him talk like Malcolm Tucker the little cunts will LOVE it.

by Anonymousreply 3708/03/2013

I hope they hire R35 as the new head writer!

And R36, the show is big enough that they can take a risk on casting, and hire someone who isn't perfect fangirl bait. Most of the Doctors have been middle aged or older, the Doctor is fucking ancient and a young face looks weird on him. Okay, Matt Smith carried it off in spite of his youth, but he has this odd gnomelike young-old face.

by Anonymousreply 3808/03/2013

If Peter is the choice the bitches over at ONTD are going to have a shitfit because the new doctor is not a woman or a man of color.

I look forward to them losing their goddamn minds

by Anonymousreply 3908/03/2013

Capaldi was also in the #10 episode "The Fires of Pompeii".

by Anonymousreply 4008/03/2013

I told ya bitches!!

by Anonymousreply 4108/04/2013

OP got it right

by Anonymousreply 4208/04/2013

Well fuck me with a tardis.

by Anonymousreply 4308/04/2013

He will be brilliant. Excellent choice.

by Anonymousreply 4408/04/2013

I only saw him in The Hours. He is a great actor. I suppose he's well known in the UK, and not known here in the US at all. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 4508/04/2013

He's good but too old relative to the last two. They went for a sugar daddy not a twink!

by Anonymousreply 4608/04/2013

Half Italian ,half Irish from Scotland...what a mix! He's like the third doctor from Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 4708/04/2013

Jon Pertwee r47

by Anonymousreply 4808/04/2013

R48 Pertwee was English of Huguenot descent.

by Anonymousreply 4908/04/2013

[quote]He's good but too old relative to the last two.

Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 5008/04/2013

But I wanted a black, gay, lesbian, ginger Doctor!!!!

(sarcasm)

by Anonymousreply 5108/04/2013

they really hate the millions of new teenager fans the last Doctor brought in, uh?

by Anonymousreply 5208/04/2013

The reveal:

by Anonymousreply 5308/04/2013

I wonder whether the plotting mind of Moffat already writes a story weaving in the events of Pompeji and Children of Earth.

by Anonymousreply 5408/04/2013

I hope he plays it a bit darker.

R54, you may be onto something there!

by Anonymousreply 5508/04/2013

He was so funny in "Local Hero." He had a thing for a girl scientist who had webbed feet. Such a good movie.

by Anonymousreply 5608/04/2013

"they really hate the millions of new teenager fans the last Doctor brought in, uh?"

Actually, they're trusting their teenaged fans to take an interest in someone who doesn't look young, which isn't a big stretch as the Doctor has never actually been young. And I had a huge crush on Tom Baker when I was 15, even the youngest sci-fi fans can have unconventional tastes.

Anyway, they'll probably deal with the youth demographic issue by bringing in more young, cute, contemporary companions. Foo.

by Anonymousreply 5708/04/2013

You can bitch all you like about PCness, but a female DW could have been riveting and would have gotten new fans interested.

by Anonymousreply 5808/04/2013

Someone on imdb complained that an old Doctor is wrong because the fans on Tumblr can't "ship" him with his young Companion. Another user quickly pointed out that Tumblr fans have no problem "shipping" Snape and Hermione (eww...)

by Anonymousreply 5908/04/2013

R58 there's no reason story-wise why the Doctor shouldn't be female, after all Romana I & ii and the Rani were female Time Lords.

Joanna Lumley was talked about at one time and that would've been fantastic, ditto Helen Mirren. I could also see Helena Bonham Carter being great in it. It could still happen.

by Anonymousreply 6008/04/2013

But was there ever an example that a timelord changed gender through regenerations? I can see switching color, age and accent. But switching gender sounds like something that would be a very drastic personality change. As they mentioned in the show in response to Helen Mirren's remark: You cannot have the Queen be played by a man.

by Anonymousreply 6108/04/2013

R60 Right Romana and The Rani were female Timelords NOT male timelords!When Romana did her multiple regenerations she was female in all of them.The Doctor is a male timelord and will remain that way. BTW when the fuck is Moffatt bringing back Rani? It's about time......

by Anonymousreply 6208/04/2013

there was actaully talks at one time of Jennifer Saunders playing the Doctor, which would have been fucking brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 6308/04/2013

I'd love to see Judi Dench as Dr Who. Jennifer Saunders would also be brilliant, R63.

As long is it's not a young, cutesy 20-something. That would be disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 6408/04/2013

Lair of the White Worm, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 6508/04/2013

There was a reference in one of Matt Smith's episode to a Time Lord, a close friend of the Doctor's, who changed gender. So it's canon (and very recent canon) that they can.

by Anonymousreply 6608/04/2013

He's a brilliant choice. I might have to start watching again (I stopped after Eccleston left....I couldn't stand Tennant or his successor).

by Anonymousreply 6708/04/2013

If Severus Snape can be fangirl bait, then Capaldi's Doctor can be fangirl bait!

by Anonymousreply 6808/05/2013

This is fucking awesome. "Malcolm Tucker" as Dr Who. Oh how I wish!!

by Anonymousreply 6908/06/2013

Dr. Who?

by Anonymousreply 7008/06/2013

He also played the Vicomte de Valmont's slippery servant Azolan in Dangerous Liaisons...

by Anonymousreply 7108/06/2013

I stopped watching because of that encephelitis head one who is the Dr now.

Gave me the creeps, horrid actor.

Capaldi is an amazing actor.

I remember some movie in which he played a gay guy with a huge birthmark on his face ... He was even rejected in a back room.

by Anonymousreply 7208/06/2013

You can add, r66, after his regeneration, Matt Smith's Doctor exclaimed 'I'm a girl!'

by Anonymousreply 7308/06/2013

I was quite shocked to hear that Peter Capaldi is only 54!

He's aged rather rapidly since "The Thick of It'.

I guess it's the curse of being born in the UK: no sun, bad food, too much alcohol and most Brits don't seem to practice any preventative anti-aging regimens, such as exercising and not smoking.

I thought he was in his mid 60s!

by Anonymousreply 7408/12/2013

I'm reserving judgment but am cautiously optimistic about the the new Doctor.

What I'd really like to see is the return of Captain Jack and/or Torchwood; maybe an older Doctor would give a (somewhat) younger Jack more to do.

Eve Miles as Gwen, please!

I know a lot of fans hated "Miracle Day," but I just rewatched most of it on Starz on demand, and I believe there is more life in the franchise.

by Anonymousreply 7508/25/2013

I agree with everything you said R75!

by Anonymousreply 7608/25/2013

A cleaned up Billy Connelly.

Why not just give it to Billy Connelly?

by Anonymousreply 7708/25/2013

I vote sexy daddy.

by Anonymousreply 7808/25/2013

OP was trolling the that silly pic.

There are better ones out there.

by Anonymousreply 7908/25/2013

Apparetly Clara is leaving now.

I wonder if she's fed up with Moffat or didn't like Capaldi. Or is is just time.

Moffat seems to be disliked by many people.

by Anonymousreply 8008/17/2014

Re last night's premiere, the writing was uneven, but I loved Capaldi and the references to "The Girl in the Fireplace".

Clara cannot go away fast enough for me. Blecch.

by Anonymousreply 8108/24/2014

I too thought the writing was so-so. I would pay to see Clara decompress in the vacuum of space. Her character has no imperfections, no flaws, no quirks, no eccentricities. She needs to disappear in a puff of logic.

by Anonymousreply 8208/24/2014

I have tickets to watch the first episode in a theater but got antsy and streamed it for 20 minutes before I turned it off. I am so sad that it is so unwatchable. I re-watched the last Eccleston episode and first Christmas episode with Tennant, and the last Tennant episode and the first Smith episode. So far, this regeneration does not bode well for 12.

I'm taking my niece to the cinema tomorrow night. We'll see...

by Anonymousreply 8308/24/2014

When he was younger Capaldi was quite androgynous, Age has butcher him up.

by Anonymousreply 8404/30/2015
Need more help? Click Here.