Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

OMG--They did it

CBS and Showtime removed from Time Warner cable in New York, LA and Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 37309/02/2013

Why ??

by Anonymousreply 108/02/2013

Shocked!!!!! and right in the middle of the news in NYC

by Anonymousreply 208/02/2013

Time Warner Cable Removes CBS in 3 Big Markets By BILL CARTER

The war between CBS and Time Warner Cable intensified Friday afternoon when the cable company pulled the CBS stations from its markets, including New York, Los Angeles and Dallas.

CBS said the service was suspended around 5 p.m. Eastern time. Both sides then issued statements blaming the other for being unreasonable in the negotiations, which were extended from Monday.

The decision means that viewers in those cities that subscribe to Time Warner Cable will not be able to watch CBS programming until a deal is reached. In the past, subscribers have reacted with anger at such suspensions, but generally because they have missed specific programs. In this case, the summer programming roster does not contain many highly popular shows that may drive a settlement. CBS’s biggest appeal this summer is from the show “Under the Dome,” which will not have a new episode until Monday.

But the network does have the PGA golf championship coming in a week. Further down the road is the NFL season, which would surely stir outrage if viewers were denied access to the games.

The Showtime network, owned by CBS, was also pulled from the three markets. Showtime has a new, well-regarded show, “Ray Donovan,” running this summer, as well as the final season of the drama “Dexter.”

CBS called the action “ill-advised” and “injurious not only to our many affected viewers, but also to Time Warner Cable itself.”

Time Warner Cable followed with its own statement, saying, “CBS has refused to have a productive discussion. It’s become clear that no matter how much time we give them, they’re not willing to come to reasonable terms.”

CBS also used tough language in its statement, saying the cable company had “conducted negotiations in a combative and nonproductive spirit, indulging in pointless brinkmanship and distorted public positioning.” CBS labeled Time Warner Cable’s charge that CBS was seeking a 600 percent fee increase as “fictional and ridiculous.”

by Anonymousreply 308/02/2013

Does anyone under the age of 50 even watch CBS?

by Anonymousreply 508/02/2013

Fuck them times three!!!

by Anonymousreply 608/02/2013

OMG, what will the Darfur orphans watch now??

by Anonymousreply 708/02/2013

They did it on a Friday when no one watches TV anyway. And people can still get their local CBS stations using an old-fashioned antenna, if they're in a large urban area.

by Anonymousreply 808/02/2013

r5 has obviously missed the "Big Brother" and "Under the Dome" threads

by Anonymousreply 908/02/2013

Does NYC have FiOS?

by Anonymousreply 1108/02/2013

Not even online:

Time Warner Cable subscribers who want to watch CBS programs on the network's website are out of luck as a result of the distribution fight between the two companies.

CBS makes a substantial amount of its content available on CBS.com, but it's blocking Time Warner Cable broadband subscribers from accessing its programming as of Friday afternoon.

When a Time Warner Cable broadband customer requests to see a CBS show on the CBS website, the words "content not available" appear at the top of the screen and then an ad critical of the cable company appears.

by Anonymousreply 1208/02/2013

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1608/02/2013

NOOOOOOO!!!

How will people be able to watch The CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley?

Or more important, the "Morning Show"???

by Anonymousreply 1808/02/2013

Glad I have FIOS.

by Anonymousreply 1908/02/2013

Do they still have old-fashioned antennas? Where can I find one? Exactly what is a CBS, and do I really need one?

by Anonymousreply 2108/02/2013

Good thing today's Y&R was Phyllis' final episode!

by Anonymousreply 2308/02/2013

Man, I need my Dexter!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2408/02/2013

Showtime on Demand still works so I'm going to catch up on Ray Donovan. TWC says it's going to replace Showtime with Starz or Encore as a "courtesy" to their viewers but they haven't done so in New York. Yeah, fuck you TWC. I better get a full free month of Showtime next month. Just around the time my bill goes up. Oh, and fuck you too CBS.

by Anonymousreply 2508/02/2013

What?!!! Phyllis is off Young and the Restless? NOOOOOO.....

by Anonymousreply 2708/02/2013

"They can do whatever they want and no one (especially not the Nobama admin) will do a thing about it"

Oh, give it a rest, you stupid Freeper fuck.

Like the president of the US doesn't have anything better to do than get involved in this "crisis."

by Anonymousreply 2808/02/2013

2 Words: Ray Donavan!

CBS owns Showtime.

by Anonymousreply 3008/02/2013

Les ( Mr. $70 Million Bonus) Moonves wants a 600% transmission fee hike on a channel you can get for free. Which means all the networks will come back and want more too and your bill goes up and up.

by Anonymousreply 3108/02/2013

There's gonna be a lot of pissed off viewers if they go dark during "Under the Dome."

by Anonymousreply 3308/02/2013

Ultravox was cool.

by Anonymousreply 3408/02/2013

OP, are you serious??? What am I supposed to watch, DAMNIT!

by Anonymousreply 3508/02/2013

The only show I watch on CBS is Good Wife. This better be fixed by then. And NFL. It better damn well be fixed by then.

by Anonymousreply 3608/02/2013

Why are you doing this to me? This isn't fair that I can't watch CBS!

by Anonymousreply 3708/02/2013

MAAAAAAAAAAAATLOCK!

by Anonymousreply 3808/02/2013

I don't like Ray Donovan. It looked promising enough at the start but I hate his wife. Her voice is just too irritating and ruins it all for me.

CBS- Cunt Broadcasting System

by Anonymousreply 3908/02/2013

R23 This is off topic, but I was wondering if they had written "Katherine" out of "Y&R," I wondered how thy would do that. I watched the Jeanne Cooper memorial episode.

by Anonymousreply 4008/02/2013

Does the president of CBS have womanly thighs? Please describe.

by Anonymousreply 4108/02/2013

I noticed that TCM is running an all day Doris Day movie marathon so I didn't care if CBS went off the air tonight and then I realized that MIDNIGHT LACE!?! is not in the line up. And I will have to stay up until almost 4 a.m. to watch Love me or leave me. God damn, motherfucker, shit balls, TCM! Give a bitch a break.

by Anonymousreply 4208/02/2013

R39, I'm friends with Paula (who plays the wife on Ray Donovan). The problem with her voice is that she's Irish. And she's trying to not only speak American English, but do a Southie accent on top of it. Not easy.

by Anonymousreply 4308/02/2013

I think Katharine on Y&R is on vacation with Murphy right now.

by Anonymousreply 4408/02/2013

Holy shit. My Showtime on Demand channel is 1006. There is no longer a 1006. 1005 to 1007. It's not even showing up. CBS is showing up but it has the blah blah blah message. Strange.

by Anonymousreply 4508/02/2013

my showtime HD channel starts on 666, how fitting lol!!!

channels are still there, only says "preview"

by Anonymousreply 4608/02/2013

I'm so mad that I can just spit!

by Anonymousreply 4708/02/2013

Viacom should offer free Showtime on all the other TV providers.

by Anonymousreply 4808/02/2013

Guys, do you not know how to post links to your news sources? I mean, come on now.

by Anonymousreply 4908/02/2013

Please help me, I can't find my Showtime now!

by Anonymousreply 5008/02/2013

[quote]Please help me, I can't find my Showtime now!

It's NOT coming from inside the house.

by Anonymousreply 5108/02/2013

They BETTER not charge me for Showtime on my bill... or I WILL SUE!!!

by Anonymousreply 5208/03/2013

I live in Texas. We are still getting CBS but showtime has been pulled off the air. It's great though because we are getting Starz and kill bill vol 1 is on. I honestly hope TWC does not cave. CBS gets enough from advertising revenue. They are being little bitches for trying to extort more from TWC. I wonder how the other major networks compare in revenue to CBS and TWC.

by Anonymousreply 5308/03/2013

I don't think Fios is available in NYC yet. I looked it up and we can get DSL only here (East Harlem.) Still may switch, although I hate to give up NY1 and my email address.

by Anonymousreply 5408/03/2013

TWC says it's going to replace Showtime with Starz or Encore as a "courtesy" to their viewers but they haven't done so in New York.

I'm getting Starz (in NY) but not Encore. But I wouldn't have even known to click on those channels to check if I hadn't read your post here on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 5508/03/2013

Fios is available in Manhattan, maybe not in your part of town yet...but my friend in murray hill switched a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 5608/03/2013

R55, agree, i wouldn't even know about Starz if not for DL. I just discovered I have it now.

by Anonymousreply 5708/03/2013

I have a friend at Manhattan Plaza on 43rd and Ninth (no, it's not Jan Maxwell) and she's had Fios for years.

by Anonymousreply 5908/03/2013

I have cable (not TWC) and sometimes I switch over to the antenna (rabbit ears) to watch broadcast TV because the HD signal is actually better. Cable has to compress the signal so much that the picture quality deteriorates. (I also use the antenna to watch MeTV because my cable system doesn't carry the local channel that has it.)

by Anonymousreply 6108/03/2013

Is it just network CBS that's gone or all their affiliated cable networks? Showtime, The CW, The Movie Channel - are those gone too?

by Anonymousreply 6208/03/2013

I'm so glad this is anonymous:

If CBS is still off NYC TW cable on Sunday night, I will unplug the box in a desperate attempt to watch Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 6308/03/2013

One word - get Dish.

by Anonymousreply 6408/03/2013

Global domination is mine!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6508/03/2013

But first,...

by Anonymousreply 6608/03/2013

Anybody knows if we can call TWC and get a credit since showtime was taken away?

Sure, they gave us starz but that's not we ordered.

Anybody knows? any lawyers out there?

I don't like Dish or Direct TV coz the picture suffers whenever there is a storm or bad weather.

by Anonymousreply 6708/03/2013

Let me know if you find out anything, r67. I already got Starz with my cable package so they're not giving me anything.

by Anonymousreply 6808/03/2013

[quote]Why ??

Greedy, rich cunts vs. Rich, greedy cunts.

by Anonymousreply 6908/03/2013

Is there anyone under the age of 50 who gives a shit about this?

by Anonymousreply 7008/03/2013

Same here, r67. I pay for Starz so this does nothing for me. At least give us the Encore channels. All of them. Or a credit for Starz, too. I'm going to call TWC and be a bitch about it. I'm in that kind of mood.

by Anonymousreply 7108/03/2013

Whose feces? If the 15 year old kids were smearing their own feces on the wall (locked up or not), I can see why the father might think they needed harsh discipline. As for the boiling water, R16 is right.

The father sounds a little fucked up, but the mother's the one after her kids' cash faster than the trust allows, for her own purposes. Are we sure she didn't know they were in the basement. Maybe it was her feces.

by Anonymousreply 7208/03/2013

Is r72 privy to some Time Warner-CBS negotiations we don't know about?

by Anonymousreply 7308/03/2013

R71, please let us know what they say. I remember a channel was taken from us a while back and I called to complain and they just read off a statement, might as well be talking to a robot.

by Anonymousreply 7408/03/2013

[quote]Anybody knows if we can call TWC and get a credit since showtime was taken away?

Yes. Call them.

by Anonymousreply 7508/03/2013

BTW which side are we on?

by Anonymousreply 7608/03/2013

Maybe this is a preview of the alternate programming they are offering us, r73. Columbo, the scat years.

by Anonymousreply 7708/03/2013

Sorry, I meant to post R72 in thread: Billionaire Child Heirs Reportedly Forced To Live In Feces-Filled Basement.

My mistake.

by Anonymousreply 7808/03/2013

R78 Was it Les Moonves' basement?

by Anonymousreply 7908/03/2013

Okay, I called TWC to ask what alternate programming they are going to provide for those of us who also pay for Starz. The only way you can get Encore channels as a replacement is if you pay for The Movie Channel. If you don't subscribe to that channel they are going to give a discount on Starz service that will show up on next months bill and comes to around seven dollars. They are also going to credit your account on a pro-rated basis for the days that Showtime is off the air. No credit will be given for local CBS channels. I don't know if this is going to be done automatically or only if you call and hold their feet to the fire. There is a recorded message citing why TWC pulled Showtime and CBS, blah, blah, but if you hang on you are given the option to speak to a human. Speak to the human.

by Anonymousreply 8008/03/2013

We pretty much hate both of them, r76. We are going to pay for this down the line. It's a chicken shit game of chicken and we are the ones stepping in it.

by Anonymousreply 8108/03/2013

it will be back on tomorrow...just chill

by Anonymousreply 8208/03/2013

Julie Chen might eat Les by tomorrow morning.

Like a spider!!

by Anonymousreply 8308/03/2013

This isn't fair.

by Anonymousreply 8408/03/2013

r40, Katherine will be written off this fall - killed off, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 8508/03/2013

Guys, can you please tell me how to get CBS on another frequency? I need a computer nerd to help me out, please! I will have to go through therapy, I'm very serious.

by Anonymousreply 8608/03/2013

[quote]Is it just network CBS that's gone or all their affiliated cable networks? Showtime, The CW, The Movie Channel - are those gone too?

I just checked and CW is still on (at least it is here in NYC), which kinda surprises me since I thought it was tied to CBS.

by Anonymousreply 8708/03/2013

[quote]Guys, can you please tell me how to get CBS on another frequency? I need a computer nerd to help me out, please! I will have to go through therapy, I'm very serious.

Elderly headcase.

by Anonymousreply 8908/03/2013

OMG - The World is Ending ! The World is Ending!

by Anonymousreply 9008/03/2013

R88, I think the iPad has a CBS app that you can watch episodes of your favorite show, including Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 9108/03/2013

who cares

by Anonymousreply 9208/03/2013

Are they bringing back CBS right away? They can't be dark for too long. Otherwise, I will have to go through analysis.

I'm seriously, not kidding.

by Anonymousreply 9308/03/2013

just unplug your cable and u will have cbs dummy!

by Anonymousreply 9408/03/2013

Oh, I'll try that...thx, r94!

by Anonymousreply 9508/03/2013

R87

That is because WPIX, the CW affiliate in New York is owned by the Tribune Co. (as is KTLA in Los Angeles and KDAF in Dallas-Fort Worth), and not CBS outright. The dispute between Time Warner and CBS only affects their O&O stations (owned and operated).

by Anonymousreply 9608/03/2013

What am I going to do now? I might have to actually meet people and converse.

by Anonymousreply 9708/03/2013

[bold]In vengeful move, CBS blocks web episodes for Time Warner Cable internet subscribers [/bold]

CBS stations have disappeared for many Time Warner Cable subscribers today, after the companies' negotiations over retransmission fees failed to reach an amicable conclusion. But cable TV users aren't the only ones without access to episodes of their favorite shows: CBS is also blocking Time Warner Cable internet subscribers from watching episodes on its website CBS.com. We can confirm that when trying to access a full episode of any CBS show, like Elementary or Two and a Half Men, those with Time Warner Cable internet will see an attack ad instead of their normal programming.

While that might sound like a valid tactic to use in a no-holds-barred game of chicken like the one these companies are playing right now, it also flies in the face of net neutrality principles. Not net neutrality laws or rules, mind you, as the FCC Open Internet rules restrict broadband providers, not content companies like CBS.

(more at the link):

by Anonymousreply 9808/03/2013

I work for Cablevision, and when they had a disagreement and pulled off the CW last year, we did not give credit. The company response was you are paying for a cable package and not individual channels, so they are subject to change without notice. Showtime is different, because you are specifically paying for that channel(s), so you would be entitled to some credit. It is a really dickish move to block their subscribers from the CBS website.

by Anonymousreply 10108/03/2013

I'm a TWC subscriber in New York and I can access CBS.com on my iPad just fine. I don't use TWC for an internet connection though. And I use a WiFi connection when I'm on the iPad. Maybe I should be quiet about it!

by Anonymousreply 10208/03/2013

[quote]The dispute between Time Warner and CBS only affects their O&O stations (owned and operated).

Which means that in Los Angeles it affects both channels 2 (KCBS) and 9 (KCAL), part of the CBS duopoly. KCAL is not network-affiliated, but is still being taken off of TWC.

by Anonymousreply 10308/03/2013

What moron subscribes to Time Warner anyway? Dumb asses.

by Anonymousreply 10508/04/2013

My show better be on tonight, dammit!

by Anonymousreply 10708/04/2013

The Talk won't be on everywhere...does not compute... does not compute....power source shutting down.

by Anonymousreply 10808/04/2013

R109, you get all the programs on cable like Dexter, True Blood, Broadway Empire?

Do you get international CNN? Fox Soccer Channel? TV monde 5 (french), NHK (Japanese)?

Are you in NY? If so, do you get NY1?

by Anonymousreply 11008/04/2013

I have a fireplace.

by Anonymousreply 11108/04/2013

Notice the New Yorkers are all in a tizzy. No CBS. What is it, not getting your dose of death and crime shows?

by Anonymousreply 11408/04/2013

Thankfully Lawrence Welk reruns are on PBS.

by Anonymousreply 11608/04/2013

r114/r116 is the late night DL is for old people troll.....

don't feed it.

by Anonymousreply 11708/04/2013

Duly noted, r117. Will do.

by Anonymousreply 11808/04/2013

Can someone please tell me if CBS is back on air tonight? I may need my smelling salts, if I don't get to watch 60 minutes and Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 11908/04/2013

[quote]Notice the New Yorkers are all in a tizzy. No CBS. What is it, not getting your dose of death and crime shows?

Put a lid on it! I do watch my crime dramas, not that it's none of your business.

by Anonymousreply 12008/04/2013

I wouldn't count on it, r119.

by Anonymousreply 12108/04/2013

I didn't know what to do last night without CBS in NYC, so I decided to start smoking crack. I'm totally lost and cannot function. Good thing I live here and not in Iowa. Wait a minute... they have CBS.

by Anonymousreply 12208/04/2013

Nope R119. I doubt they will come to a settlement on the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 12308/04/2013

R8 you can't get anything with an old fashioned antenna anymore -

by Anonymousreply 12408/04/2013

Do you know when they will reach an agreement soon? Hopefully, before the next live eviction of Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 12508/04/2013

This little power struggle will go on at least until the end of the week.

The NY City Council is trying to step in - in other words, Christine Quinn is trying to make herself look good and shill for votes - but that won't work.

Remember when TWC wouldn't carry the Fox News Network, and it took MAYOR Giuliani to step in and make it happen? Those were the days....

by Anonymousreply 12608/04/2013

Thank you so much, r126!

by Anonymousreply 12708/04/2013

The main problem with R109's strategy for me is no HBO and Showtime. I'd miss some Bravo shows but I could live without them. AMC's shows seem to be available online.

All it would take is for HBO subscriptions to become available on the web, but that will never happen because it's owned by the same corporation as Time Warner Cable and they know it would kill their cable business in cities where people can get the networks via antenna.

by Anonymousreply 12808/04/2013

I just signed up for a free month of aereo.com to watch Big Brother and under the dome. If it works out, maybe we'll cancel cable altogether.

by Anonymousreply 12908/04/2013

[quote] I'm friends with Paula (who plays the wife on Ray Donovan). The problem with her voice is that she's Irish. And she's trying to not only speak American English, but do a Southie accent on top of it. Not easy.

How about this? They hire an American actress to play the part. Maybe even an American actress from Massachusetts! What a revolutionary idea.

And there's this too, tv execs -- not all Irish American women have to have red hair. I know it's a stereotype you dearly love, but I'm Irish American and don't have an Irish American friends who have red hair.

There are repertory companies and college drama departments all over the US that produce perfectly fine stage actors and actresses who can handle doing roles in cable tv shows. Look into it, tv exec bitches.

by Anonymousreply 13008/04/2013

I don't believe in theft, R131.

by Anonymousreply 13208/04/2013

[quote]I just signed up for a free month of aereo.com...

I'm curious too. I wonder if this will work if my internet provider is Time Warner.

by Anonymousreply 13308/04/2013

You can watch Big Brother on TVG (157 here in NYC). They do a weekly marathon on Friday nights.

by Anonymousreply 13508/04/2013

Yeah R133 Aereo is working so far. I set it to record BB.

by Anonymousreply 13608/04/2013

Aereo sounds great. Alas, I am in L.A. No coverage. Any west coast equivalents?

by Anonymousreply 13708/04/2013

[quote]What is it, not getting your dose of death and crime shows?

CBS Sunday Morning

60 Minutes

..and that's just today! Not a crime show among them.

Thank god The Amazing Race is on hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 13808/04/2013

You could pretend it's the old days and listen to 60 minutes on the radio (880 AM in NY)...

by Anonymousreply 14008/04/2013

Fuck TW and CBS in their greedy little assholes.

Except Les Moonves would probably enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 14108/04/2013

If you ask me, both the cable companies AND network/cable stations need to get a grip and recognize there are other options - often far better, then what they are serving the public. It took me a couple of years longer than it should have to give up the land line. And I am just about there with cable. Get real folks!

by Anonymousreply 14208/04/2013

[quote]Apparently that only applies when you're the thief. You're welcome to go ahead and let your cable company rip you off.

It's my choice to pay them. Do you generally think high prices justify theft, or only when you can get away with it?

by Anonymousreply 14308/04/2013

[quote][R128] hasn't noticed how many HBO and Showtime shows end up on Amazon Prime, HuluPlus and Netflix.

That's correct. I haven't noticed. The prices are kind of high, but it might make sense. How quickly do they show up for sale?

by Anonymousreply 14408/04/2013

You said anything is available online within 30 minutes. That is a clear reference to torrents.

by Anonymousreply 14608/04/2013

don't you get viruses from illegal downloads? feck that!

Hulu Plus? I took a look and all the shows are old! nothing interesting to me.

by Anonymousreply 14908/04/2013

Those channels are just another form of theft.

by Anonymousreply 15008/04/2013

[quote]Really goes to show you the age/generational differences on DL when streaming sites are actually controversial. Everybody I know under 35 uses them.

What is it you think will drive people to create TV series and movies in the future? They are very expensive to make. If everyone is watching them for free, where will the money come from?

by Anonymousreply 15108/04/2013

It depends on the show as to how long it takes, R144. I don't know what factors are involved, but some shows take longer than others. I'm still waiting for Enlightened.

It's not that expensive when you consider you can watch a weekly series for around $3 per HD episode on Amazon Instant Video, if that's how you want to do it. Amazon offers a deal if you want to watch each episode as they become available. You're still saving a substantial amount over what you pay for cable. I've done that with a few series and I'm thinking about using it to watch season 3 of The Killing.

What I've discovered I enjoy even more is watching a year at a time or even an entire series, back to back with no commercials and no interruptions except for clicking a button to watch the next episode. The major downside to watching that way is how quickly most themes become grating.

by Anonymousreply 15208/04/2013

Well, those channels are not going to go away.

by Anonymousreply 15308/04/2013

[quote]Hulu Plus? I took a look and all the shows are old! nothing interesting to me.

Are you serious?

by Anonymousreply 15408/04/2013

Jesus, people -- if you want to watch CBS, buy a fucking $10 antenna. It's legal and free, and unless you live some remote area, it will probably work fine.

by Anonymousreply 15508/04/2013

[quote]What I've discovered I enjoy even more is watching a year at a time or even an entire series, back to back with no commercials and no interruptions except for clicking a button to watch the next episode. The major downside to watching that way is how quickly most themes become grating.

I do too. I just watched the first seasons of The Wire and Suits that way. They call it binge viewing.

[quote]Well, those channels are not going to go away.

I wouldn't be so sure.

by Anonymousreply 15608/04/2013

R152, good for you. But I like to watch them when they are released.

Also, I prefer to deal with 1 company. I don't like giving my info to too many companies for privacy and security reasons. I would imagine it's such a hassle when i have to pay 5 different companies just to watch TV.

I don't really care for CBS, I only care about the programs I watch on showtime. TWC said CBS wants 600% increase. Fuck CBS, I hope TWC don't cave in to them.

by Anonymousreply 15708/04/2013

Binge viewing. Good description. Thanks for that, R156.

I binge-viewed the first two years of Justified. Very nice.

by Anonymousreply 15808/04/2013

Our CBS affiliate was not affected and is still up and running but I lost Showtime and Flix because of this blackout. Right now, the only show I watch on Showtime is Dexter. Hope they resolve this soon.

by Anonymousreply 15908/04/2013

[quote]Jesus, people -- if you want to watch CBS, buy a fucking $10 antenna. It's legal and free, and unless you live some remote area, it will probably work fine.

Do you still get HD with an antenna?

by Anonymousreply 16008/04/2013

R160 As posted above, HD is BETTER with an antenna than with cable, because the signal is not compressed.

by Anonymousreply 16208/04/2013

[quote]good for you. But I like to watch them when they are released.

I can't justify spending $250/month to watch a show when it's released.

by Anonymousreply 16308/04/2013

yes, you do, R160.

If you have an HD tv, of course.

by Anonymousreply 16408/04/2013

1channel has abondoned its original domain and is now operating via the government of Tonga. That doesn't sound like a long-term business to me

by Anonymousreply 16508/04/2013

Reassuring:

LetMeWatchThis.ch Admin Warns Users Not To Use 1Channel.ch

1Channel is one of the world’s largest streaming movie and TV show portals but at the moment it’s working through a domain crisis. According to an admin, the 1Channel.ch domain has been “compromised”.

Last Friday we posted an update on a problem being faced by 1Channel.ch, a site that’s also known by its former name of LetMeWatchThis.ch.

Both domains used to direct to one site but last week the 1Channel.ch domain stopped working.

“We are having some issues with the 1channel.ch domain, please use letmewatchthis.ch domain in the mean time,” the site said.

Now a more serious problem has raised its head.

The 1Channel.ch domain is now working again and appears to display the correct LetMeWatchThis.ch site. However, on closer inspection it appears that 1Channel.ch now redirects to a clone of LetMeWatchThis, not the real site.

In a further indication that something is wrong, 1Channel’s forum section is not only out of date but whole sections are missing. LetMeWatchThis on the other hand appears to be working just fine.

“Do NOT use 1channel.ch domain, it has been compromised,” warn the operators of LetMeWatchThis.ch.

So, in summary – LetMeWatchThis.ch is now the real site and 1Channel.ch should be considered a fake/clone until further notice – logging in there should be avoided.

by Anonymousreply 16708/04/2013

[quote]Who cares, [R165]? Long-term, short-term, all we care about is watching TV.

I was responding to R153.

by Anonymousreply 16808/04/2013

I pay about $170 for cable and internet every month. Of course I would like to pay less but I get lots of channels esp the international ones, I'm learning to speak Mandarin so I watch them.

R166, what channels and programs can you get with that? I'm sorry but I'm a dummy.

by Anonymousreply 16908/04/2013

You can get any local broadcast channel (CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, PBS, CW, independent channels, Univision, Telemundo, etc.) with an antenna. No cable-only channels.

I guess this is confusing for people who weren't around when there were only three or four channels.

by Anonymousreply 17008/04/2013

R169, I get all of the digital channels that broadcast within a fairly wide viewing area. I'm close to Mexico so there's a lot of Mexican TV available. Most of the digital channels I don't bother with, because it's crap like Xtian stuff. You pick and choose what stations you get so it's up to you.

I get all of the local network TV stations, and some of those stations offer several choices. My local PBS station, for example, has six alternatives besides the regular PBS programming. The NBC affiliate has a movie channel.

The picture quality is beautiful. My neighbor has cable and I get a much better HD picture with my digital antenna.

by Anonymousreply 17108/04/2013

Is CBS still off the air for people?

by Anonymousreply 17308/04/2013

R171 Yes, thanks. I forgot to mention all of the digital sub-channels (e.g., 4.2, 5.3, etc.) available over the air. There are where you'll usually find the new specialized networks like MeTV, Antenna, Bounce, This, VeMe, Create, et. al.

by Anonymousreply 17408/04/2013

I have no idea why most of you are bashing TW and giving CBS a pass... CBS has mostly crap shows, and is demanding outrageous payment for them and their mediocre audiences, compared to other networks. Which is why there's this disagreement to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 17508/04/2013

R175, I'm on TWC's side and hope they don't cave in.

someone on my FB posted that he stuck a paper clip into where the cable goes and he gets digital tv. that's all he has and hulu. lol

by Anonymousreply 17708/04/2013

(R25) I don't see Showtime on demand on the guide. What channel (number) is it ?...I need Dexter. thanks

by Anonymousreply 17808/04/2013

Is there a good service for locating where a particular TV show is streamable? The one recommended in that USAToday article linked in R176 only seems to work for movies.

by Anonymousreply 17908/04/2013

R178, showtime on demand is not available. I'm in NY. It's channel 220 for me.

by Anonymousreply 18008/04/2013

CBS still off the air will I live.

by Anonymousreply 18208/04/2013

No, r182, it's ON THE AIR.

It's only OFF TWC.

Type in your address and see if a simple antenna will pick it up.

FOR FREE!

by Anonymousreply 18308/04/2013

(R181) THANK YOU...& everyone else for the help

by Anonymousreply 18408/04/2013

Julie Chen is a mega bitch.

by Anonymousreply 18508/04/2013

On my cable listing I no longer have CBS but instead STARZ Kids and Family.

Kill me now!

by Anonymousreply 18608/04/2013

R186, same here lol.

All I gotta say is this better be over before the new season of HOMELAND starts!!!

by Anonymousreply 18708/04/2013

Showtimeanytime is the equivalent of HBOGO on the internet. Of course, CBS doesn't allow TWC to offer it to it's customers who subscribe to Showtime. Another reason to hate CBS. I quess they wanted a Kings ransom for that, too.

by Anonymousreply 18908/04/2013

I am on the LA area and there is a Miley Cyrus concert on what should be CBS. WTF

by Anonymousreply 19008/04/2013

Miley Cyrus VS STARZ Friends and Family?

There are no winners. We both lose.

by Anonymousreply 19108/04/2013

Big Brother is coming on in a few minutes, wtf am I supposed to do??

by Anonymousreply 19208/04/2013

Use a wire hanger for an antenna, r192.

by Anonymousreply 19408/04/2013

I dumped my cable subscription (RCN) in April and signed up for Aereo. I also have an antenna and watch all local channels (including 2) live all the time. And I don't miss cable at all....I can usually see what I want to online. However, this winter I will probably sign back up just to get ESPN (if someone can tell me how to get ESPN without all the other channels, I'd be happy to learn).

by Anonymousreply 19508/04/2013

ESPN is actually the only thing that is preventing me from cutting cable too.

by Anonymousreply 19608/04/2013

When will today's Big Brother be available online?

by Anonymousreply 19708/04/2013

Those of you who watch "Big Brother" have bigger issues to deal with than losing CBS.

by Anonymousreply 19808/04/2013

ooooo r198 is so smart and above it all....let's trolldar them and see what their topics of interest are!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19908/04/2013

It can't be watched online by TWC cable customers with Internet because that's being blocked as well.

TWC and CBS idn't meet at all over the weekend, and there's no plans to meet next week either.

by Anonymousreply 20008/04/2013

Any ideas on how long this stalemate will last? I'm guessing it will be resolved by the time the new season starts in September, if not before.

by Anonymousreply 20108/04/2013

My guess is it will end Monday.

Soon the talent...Letterman etc. will begin complaining.

by Anonymousreply 20308/04/2013

A poster in this thread said earlier that even though TWC cable customers have been blocked from BB online, this poster was able to access BB via wireless on ipad, using some other network I'm assuming. Not sure if true but just putting it out there.

I don't give a shit about CBS, just want my showtime back.

by Anonymousreply 20408/04/2013

If you cut the cord, how exactly do you DVR? I haven't watched commercials or a particular show when it's actually airing in ten years. It would be absurd and impractical to go back to that type of viewing.

It's worth it for me to pay 170 a month for Internet and cable simply for the fact that I can watch whatever I want whenever. I LOATHE TWC with the heat of a thousand suns, but with all of those ridiculous work arounds (streaming box like AppleTV for $99, HD antenna for $59 or more, several subscriptions Hulu, Netflix, etc. running over $25 a month, plus all the iTunes season subscriptions for AMC, HBO, Bravo, etc. that are all north of $45 apiece, and the fact that you will still need high speed internet for $75 a month to run all these things, and no recording capability,) I don't see how it's workable. I'd rather have the convenience, and if you do all the numbers I think TWC will still come out cheaper, per month.

by Anonymousreply 20508/04/2013

Yup, ESPN is why I don't cut cable too. I need my tennis, football, and NBA highlights. That's actually what I watch the most.

Couldn't give a shit about CBS. Except the Good Wife.

by Anonymousreply 20608/04/2013

I'm in Palm Springs where our local NBC affiliate has been blacked out onTime Warner.

by Anonymousreply 20908/04/2013

If you're stupid enough to have Time Warner you deserve whatever crap you get.

by Anonymousreply 21108/05/2013

NBC r209...? are you sure?

by Anonymousreply 21208/05/2013

Sure as shitting.

by Anonymousreply 21408/05/2013

The Young and the Restless runs on TVGN on TWC. I don't think it carries BB.

by Anonymousreply 21608/05/2013

F and F for their internalized homophobia

by Anonymousreply 21808/05/2013

What is on CBS that is worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 21908/05/2013

R216

Are they same day episodes?

by Anonymousreply 22008/05/2013

So, will we get CBS back on Monday?

by Anonymousreply 22108/05/2013

Thanks to the previous posters who suggested Aereo. I signed up today for the 30 day free tria, linked it to my Roku and recorded a few CBS programs and watched with no problems.

by Anonymousreply 22208/05/2013

I think they show the previous day's episode at 10 a.m. and then the same day episode at 7 p.m., r220. I never watched it on TVGN , only saw it advertised, but I will watch Monday if CBS is still off my t.v.I'm assuming SoapNet went off the air?

by Anonymousreply 22308/05/2013

Yes, SoapNet went off the air.

by Anonymousreply 22408/05/2013

Thanks for the info R223

by Anonymousreply 22508/05/2013

The NYTimes says that this could go on for at least 10 days and up to 6 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 22608/05/2013

An antenna does not work for most of NYC as the buildings block most transmission. TWC has this city in a death grip. There's nothing we can do here. Barely decent internet that doesn't fail every five minutes or lag out costs at least $75.

The "solutions" presented here are worthless and irrelevant for 99% of people who aren't in the flyovers.

by Anonymousreply 22708/05/2013

You assume 99% of those who aren't flyovers live in skyscraper land?

We flyovers are laughing at you, you know.

by Anonymousreply 22808/05/2013

R227 I agree with you for the most part, but internet (which is the only service we subscribe to TWC for) is just less than $40/month for high speed/turbo.

When it's fast, it's fast. It's just totally unreliable. I miss Fios.

We cut cable completely when Fios wasn't an option in our new apartment. Still get to watch all the same shows, just a few hours later via download. No extra costs, no ads. Totally worth it.

by Anonymousreply 22908/05/2013

aereo worked great last night. And $75 for internet is still a lot less than paying for internet and cable.

Besides, NYC has other cable options- Verizon, etc.

Don't be such a defeatist R227.

by Anonymousreply 23008/05/2013

Cable and internet are redundant. No need to pay two bills for the same functionality.

When live sports bails on cable, cable will be done.

by Anonymousreply 23108/05/2013

Did you have a stroke r228, or did you fail reading comprehension?

by Anonymousreply 23208/05/2013

SoapNet is still available on DirecTv.

by Anonymousreply 23308/05/2013

[quote] We cut cable completely when Fios wasn't an option in our new apartment. Still get to watch all the same shows, just a few hours later via download. No extra costs, no ads.

And no Fox News. It would be great if people leaving cable companies couls cause the demise of Fox News. Though I have seen it as a Roku channel. I hope Roku isn't offering it for free.

by Anonymousreply 23408/05/2013

Last year's Cablevision/CW dispute lasted more than 2 months. While I don't think this will be resolved today, I don't think it will be that drawn out for several reasons.

Obviously, CBS and its sister networks draw more viewers than the CW. Football season will start soon, so the NFL will probably pressure the two sides to work something out so fans don't miss games.

On a local level, candidates for New York's citywide offices will be airing more and more commercials as the Sept. 10 primary nears and they won't want any potential voters to miss out. In fact, they're probably mad right now that commercials they've already paid for are not being seen by the full potential audience.

by Anonymousreply 23508/05/2013

Unfortunately R234, Fox News fans will still watch even if they don't have cable. My aunt "cut the cord" but she still watches it. Last year, I had the joy of watching my family watch inane "War on Christmas" segments via Roku.

by Anonymousreply 23708/05/2013

Shit. r236. CBS is the most watched free broadcast network in the U.S. Aaaand, they just won the coveted 18-49 demographic for the first time. Young, old and in between watch CBS. Give it a rest. The question is, who the fuck is watching NBC? At least ABC has Scandal and Modern Family. While I don't watch Person of Interest and Elementary on a regular basis, the episodes I did see were good.

by Anonymousreply 23808/05/2013

What CBS show got ratings in that demographic, R238?

by Anonymousreply 23908/05/2013

Across the board, r239. It is the network most popular with that demographic. The idea that CBS is still the old fogey network is outdated. I think that mantel goes to NBC.

by Anonymousreply 24008/05/2013

Okay, so is anybody getting CBS yet? I hooked up an antenna, but it's not working.

by Anonymousreply 24108/05/2013

R241 Did you change your "INPUT" setting to "antenna" and scan for all available channels first?

by Anonymousreply 24208/05/2013

R241, did you make sure your TV is close to the window? try sticking a paper clip in where the cable goes, someone said it worked for them.

by Anonymousreply 24308/05/2013

What are commercials for on network TV? And what do we pay cable companies monthly charges for television access? I am really confused about why so many hands are out for the same piece of pie. Oh, I know. To screw the consumer.

by Anonymousreply 24408/05/2013

R244, the usual BS commercials for cars, insurance, and during daytime, it's household items or for pets.

by Anonymousreply 24508/05/2013

I know what, R245. My question was more why are there commercials on network TV in the first place - to pay the bills for the network. And the cable companies make their money by charging a monthly fee to consumers who use their services. Why isn't this an adequate arrangement for both?

by Anonymousreply 24608/05/2013

[quote] Does anyone under 70 even watch CBS?

Bingo.

by Anonymousreply 24708/05/2013

R242 and R243, I will try that now...thanks. Under The Dome is on tonight, and I will be very upset if I can't watch it.

by Anonymousreply 24808/05/2013

R249, do you get viruses from downloads etc? do they plant a bug in your computer and collect info on you? like which sites you go to etc?

by Anonymousreply 25008/05/2013

[quote]do you get viruses from downloads etc?

Just put a condom over your router.

by Anonymousreply 25108/05/2013

I just heard something about the CEO of Time Warner has now made an offer to CBS to basically make CBS a premium channel for viewers like HBO, Showtime, etc. No word yet on a response from CBS.

by Anonymousreply 25208/05/2013

I'm getting Starz Kids on the CBS channel. Thanks Obama!

by Anonymousreply 25308/05/2013

Here's your update R252. More penis waving bullshit

by Anonymousreply 25408/05/2013

yeah, fuck CBS, I don't know anyone who watches that crap.

60 minutes hasn't been the same since Mike Wallace left. I hardly watch it anymore.

I watch the good wife sometimes but the timing sucks, football always run long and fucks up my DVR recording.

That greedy pig was paid 70million last year. No CEO deserves 70 million, it's not as if he discovered a cure for cancer. Fucking hate him and his ugly witch for a wife.

by Anonymousreply 25508/05/2013

Here is Les Moonves (and Julie Chen's) home address :

Leslie Moonves : 210 Ladera Dr., Beverly Hills, CA. 90210

I say, bombard him with letters about how irresponsible he, and CBS execs., are being, and treating the TV watching public like crap.

by Anonymousreply 25608/05/2013

Thanks, r256!

by Anonymousreply 25808/06/2013

Can you people GET THE FUCK OVER IT already?

by Anonymousreply 26008/06/2013

On the Upper West Side of Manhattan and I can get CBS using a $10 antenna. I am in a low rise among many higher buildings. The only channels I cannot get are ABC, CW and Channel 13 PBS.

by Anonymousreply 26108/06/2013

[quote]Can you people GET THE FUCK OVER IT already?

NO, I can't! I'm already going through major analysis, because I can't enjoy my comfort TV shows. I may even have to go through therapy, because of this!

by Anonymousreply 26208/06/2013

Anyone getting CBS yet??

by Anonymousreply 26308/06/2013

Well???

by Anonymousreply 26408/06/2013

NO, R263 and R263. I am PISSED. This sucks big time.

Poker? Mah Jong? A book? ARGH!!

by Anonymousreply 26508/06/2013

Every time I see the topic line for this thread, I hear Charlton Heston bellowing "THEY DID IT! THEY BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!"

by Anonymousreply 26608/07/2013

CBS eats people, PEOPLE!

by Anonymousreply 26708/07/2013

Have they negotiated yet? What happened so far?

by Anonymousreply 26808/07/2013

How is it going to affect the programming on CBS?

by Anonymousreply 26908/07/2013

CBS are suggesting you guys who get TWC switch over to FiOS or Dish or another provider that may be available in your area. I thought I'd pass that along.

by Anonymousreply 27208/07/2013

Yeah. transfer to Dish and then you can lament the loss of AMC!

by Anonymousreply 27308/07/2013

[quote] On the Upper West Side of Manhattan and I can get CBS using a $10 antenna. I am in a low rise among many higher buildings. The only channels I cannot get are ABC, CW and Channel 13 PBS.

That's ironic since channel 13 broadcast studio is on the UWS.

by Anonymousreply 27408/07/2013

"An antenna does not work for most of NYC as the buildings block most transmission."

Not my experience. Like someone else who posted here, I live on a low floor of a low-rise building (mine is in midtown west), and I get all of the basic channels through a digital antenna, which I think you can purchase for under $20. Sometimes there are drop-outs on certain channels, I guess depending on the weather and other interference, but for the most part, reception is steady and 100 percent clear (because it's a digital signal).

by Anonymousreply 27508/07/2013

Okay, does anyone know when CBS will reach a settlement? No one has answered my question yet, and I'm going through major withdraw!

by Anonymousreply 27608/07/2013

Translation:

CBS wants $2 per TW cable subscriber (even if they never watch CBS)

Time Warner suggested "A-la-carte" pricing, allowing customers to pay $2 if they want CBS.

CBS threw a shit fit at that proposal because they KNOW their audience numbers will fall off a cliff if people have to pay for COMMERCIAL TELEVISION.

I hate cable companies but I'm actually rooting for TWC in this one. Fuck CBS! Commercial Television should be FREE. (That's why they have commercials)

by Anonymousreply 27708/07/2013

Thank you, r277.

by Anonymousreply 27808/07/2013

Greedy to the Max, CBS and TWC.

The country is coming out of or still in Great Recession depending who you talk to. And these companies fight at the expense of their viewers.

No wonder there are a few people who do not own a television set. They may be smarter than the rest of us...

by Anonymousreply 27908/07/2013

Why do networks have to be so greedy? This isn't fair!

by Anonymousreply 28008/07/2013

I agree with Time Warner. Who the hell wants another inflated cable bill (if TW gives in the customers will be the ones that SUFFER with extra fees). CBS is being greedy and now they are paying the price.

by Anonymousreply 28208/07/2013

If TWC caves, then you can expect the other networks to expect the same and your bill will continue to increase. But maybe then we will get a la carte as an alternative. People like me would only subscribe to those channels they actually watch and can't get online (e.g., ESPN and Turner Classic Movies), which could be the end for several minor cable networks (no loss, in my opinion).

by Anonymousreply 28308/07/2013

is it still off in LA?

by Anonymousreply 28408/07/2013

Yes R284. I'll be there soon.

by Anonymousreply 28508/07/2013

Okay.

by Anonymousreply 28608/07/2013

Didn't someone say they can see CBS shows on the CBS website using their iPad? I don't care but my friend is quite anxious to know.

by Anonymousreply 28708/07/2013

You might try reading the thread, R287. I think it was said about a third of the way through.

Like you, I'm too lazy to go back and read the whole thing but you're the one who wants to know.

by Anonymousreply 28808/07/2013

Yes, it's true..r287 just download the CBS app from the iTunes Store on your iPad.

by Anonymousreply 28908/07/2013

I'll tell him to give that a try. Thanks, R289.

by Anonymousreply 29008/07/2013

Also, I just watched Big Brother on Barry Diller's Aereo.com . It's free for one month.

by Anonymousreply 29108/07/2013

At least TVGN shows all of the week's BB episodes on Friday nights from 8-11 pm EST. I'll catch up that way.

by Anonymousreply 29208/07/2013

The show usually appears on CBS.com around midnight Pacific Time of the day it airs (assuming you don't have Time Warner Cable)

by Anonymousreply 29308/07/2013

Thanks, R293, but I like to watch it on my TV. I don't mind waiting 24 hours.

by Anonymousreply 29408/07/2013

That's ridiculous! Why so much greed for one channel? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 29708/08/2013

At the hearing Thursday in front of the NYC Council about the standoff, CBS said all the other cable companies (Cablevision, AT&T, RCN, Fios, Dish, etc.) have already agreed to the higher fee the network wants, and have passed that charge on to their subscribers some time ago. So TWC is the only one trying to keep fees down.

Looks like this won't be over for at least a month, folks...

by Anonymousreply 30108/09/2013

CBS wants TWC to pay two dollars for every subscriber, even if they don't watch CBS. I am sure there are some Americans who don't watch CBS because I don't watch anything on NBC, including news. We will be footing the bill so that people without cable can continue to access CBS for "free" while CBS gets paid ginormous fees to air commercials, and makes a huge profit, and then gets paid handsomely for offering "free" tv to TWC subscribers. I guess this is their version of Three Card Monty. The only way to really hurt CBS is to start boycotting advertisers. I don't know why but I have no interest in watching Dexter right now. For some reason I think it's a show that is more suited to watching when the leaves are falling and there is a nip in the air. Seems off to have it airing in the Summer. I will buy the Blue-ray DVD when it comes out or catch up later when Showtime comes back on. Same with Homeland. I can wait for the Blue-ray of season three if I have to. The shows that most interest me are on HBO anyway. Suck it, CBS.

by Anonymousreply 30308/09/2013

And what do they say back?

by Anonymousreply 30508/09/2013

Looks like another week here in NYC without CBS on TWC. There was a rumor they'd work something out because of a Jets game.

by Anonymousreply 30608/10/2013

I'm also curious how TW's is responding to complaints about this. I picture Lily Tomlin's Ernestine the operator on the other end saying "We don't care. We don't have to care. We're the phone company."

by Anonymousreply 30708/10/2013

I have TWC and I don't get CBS right now. If I call them, iIt would be to applaud their refusal to give CBS huge fee hikes. I agree with them.

by Anonymousreply 30908/10/2013

[quote]Everyone affected should call TWC and express their displeasure at paying up to or over $100.00 a month for television service and having channels taken away by corporate Greed.

TWC didn't remove your channels, CBS did.

TWC is refusing CBS' $2 per subscriber fee and CBS pulled their channels.

CBS "could" continue to let TWC air their channels while negotiations continue, but they chose not to in the hopes you will blame that EVIL MEAN TWC and put pressure on them to cave.

If CBS wins this dispute, you will be paying $2/month for CBS while people with antennas pay $0

by Anonymousreply 31108/10/2013

Have they reached an agreement yet? It's already been a week already!

by Anonymousreply 31208/11/2013

CBS would have more money if they didn't pay Les Moonves $70 million per year. I am with Time Warner on this one, even though I miss Big Brother. If I call anyone to complain, it will be CBS.

by Anonymousreply 31308/11/2013

How much do they need to pay the networks? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 31408/11/2013

Not just Dish, R315. Subscribers to other cable services are getting CBS.

Maybe CBS is trying a new strategy and decided to start with TWC.

by Anonymousreply 31608/12/2013

[quote]How come dish cable TV does not have a problem with CBS?

DISH is not cable, it's satellite. (Although that has nothing to do with the answer to your question.)

by Anonymousreply 31708/12/2013

It's CBS that are the bad guys here. THEY are the ones who pulled your channels. TWC is trying to keep rates down.

The US Government should start charging CBS tons more for the use of the airwaves and pass those $ on the the American public.

by Anonymousreply 31808/12/2013

[quote]Those of us who have been using torrents for years are laughing at all of you.

I will laugh at you when someone breaks into your home and steals all your stuff.

by Anonymousreply 32308/12/2013

I'm surprised CBS' sponsors haven't weighed in, or maybe they have behind the scenes.

If I paid for ads thinking that show was going to be aired in the NYC and L.A. metropolitan areas, I would be mighty unhappy with CBS.

by Anonymousreply 32408/13/2013

[quote] If I paid for ads thinking that show was going to be aired in the NYC and L.A. metropolitan areas, I would be mighty unhappy with CBS.

The ads are still airing in the NYC and L.A. metropolitan areas.

No one needs a cable or satellite provider to be able to watch broadcast networks.

by Anonymousreply 32608/13/2013

Sorry, R326. I should have said:

[quote]If I paid for ads thinking that show was going to be aired [bold]to the millions of cable subscribers[/bold] in the NYC and L.A. metropolitan areas, I would be mighty unhappy with CBS.

Happy now? Can you go get rid of that bowel movement you've been holding onto for days?

by Anonymousreply 32708/13/2013

I live in the LA area (although not in a city served by TWC) and am amazed at the incessant commercials (especially the ones with Bill Cowher, with and without the "Hot in Cleveland" cast) for Time Warner urging people to switch. (It was like this pre-CBS problem, too.) Who in their right mind would sign up for TWC as a new subscriber knowing they couldn't get some basic channels?

by Anonymousreply 32808/13/2013

I fail to see how a judge would even let that suit proceed, since TWC isn't the one who pulled the channels, CBS did.

by Anonymousreply 33108/15/2013

Is CBS back on yet? I'm already seeing a psychiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 33208/15/2013

Did anyone write to the advertisers to complain about CBS? Tell them not to advertise on CBS? Surely the CUNT BROADCASTING STATION is gonna be charging them more in future. They are next!

This better be resolved before Homeland starts!!!

by Anonymousreply 33308/15/2013

CBS Sunday Morning is still showing re-runs of past segments (e.g. the grilled cheese restaurant trend). But you can still watch the latest one online.

by Anonymousreply 33408/15/2013

So who's winning? TWC or CBS?

by Anonymousreply 33508/15/2013

nobody i know gives a shit about CBS.

by Anonymousreply 33608/15/2013

R334: Here's the thing. My internet is Time Warner and I am NOT able to watch CBS anything at home. I just get the now tired "We aren't allowed to show you anything anytime ever" bullshit message.

I do watch Big Brother reruns at work as they are Charter Cable and CBS is not blocked there.

I too will be seeking therapy.

by Anonymousreply 33808/15/2013

In NYC, whenever DirecTV goes out, you know you've 5 minutes until severe heavy rain hits.

If the signal can't get through the clouds, there's some bad shit coming.

by Anonymousreply 34308/16/2013

Any updates? Are the two sides even having discussions?

by Anonymousreply 34408/20/2013

No change. Could last for up to 6 months according to local CBS affiliate person.

by Anonymousreply 34508/20/2013

R346 Aereo is only in NY, Boston and Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 34808/20/2013

Do it r347...they'll credit you but only if you ask.

by Anonymousreply 34908/20/2013

I just checked my Time Warner bill and I was credited $6.40 for Showtime. That's for two weeks so that amount is correct (12.00 per month). I didn't ask. It was credited automatically.

Whatever. I still want the Dexter shows I've missed.

by Anonymousreply 35008/20/2013

[quote]Whatever. I still want the Dexter shows I've missed.

Me too!

by Anonymousreply 35108/21/2013

Thanks 346, I just signed up hah. Mainly for UTD..

by Anonymousreply 35308/21/2013

Are they negotiating? Is it ever coming back?

by Anonymousreply 35408/21/2013

CEO Leslie Moonves says the deal CBS just signed with Verizon’s FiOS TV in New York, Los Angeles, and Dallas, among other markets, is virtually identical to the one offered to Time Warner Cable. “This important deal was reached swiftly and amicably in just a few days after our conversations began,” CBS chairman Leslie Moonve said pointedly in a memo to staff. “You should know that Time Warner Cable has been offered almost exactly the same deal for CBS carriage to which Verizon has agreed.” TWC is entirely to blame for the “lack of urgency”on its retrans talks with the network, Moonves said

Rest of article at link.

by Anonymousreply 35508/22/2013

Time Warner is giving away free antennas to their customers in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 35608/24/2013

I live in NYC and got an email from them yesterday that mentioned the free antennas, so I guess they're giving them away here, too.

by Anonymousreply 35708/24/2013

WLNY, the CBS affiliate on Long Island, was supposed to be blocked too but it's on in Brooklyn. Usually the reception for that channel is shit, always breaking up like it's been scrambled, but it looks good now. I'm watching On Golden Pond. I will be able to see the local CBS news on this channel. I absolutely hate NBC and ABC for local news so this is a nice surprise.

by Anonymousreply 35808/25/2013

R358 Are you watching it on cable or over the air? If you're watching it over the air, why can't you get WCBS that way? If on cable, why would it be breaking up?

Also, WLNY is not a CBS affiliate. It's OWNED by CBS, but doesn't show their first-run network programming. It's like KCAL in Los Angeles-- part of a duopoly.

by Anonymousreply 35908/25/2013

I'm watching WLNY on Time Warner Cable. I don't work in Tech Support so I don't know why the signal for that channel is always breaking up. I live in South Brooklyn so it just might be the distance. When it was announced that CBS was removing it's channels from TWC, WLNY was included. I am going to invest in an HD antenna anyway. I'm buying a larger tv and the one I use now has a built in DVD player, so with the antenna, it will be a good set for the bedroom. Right now, the only thing I really miss is my local news on CBS.

by Anonymousreply 36008/25/2013

I'm watching WLNY/Ch 55 here in Manhattan on Time Warner. They're actually showing the live eviction Big Brother episode on Thursday night at 9. This must be like what they did last year when football pushed it on CBS/Ch 2 to the wee hours of the morning.

by Anonymousreply 36108/25/2013

Any updates as to what is going on with Time Warner and CBS? Are they even negotiating? This has gone on longer than I had expected.

by Anonymousreply 36208/30/2013

I have heard nothing R362 and yes, I figured this would be a week or two at most.

I miss Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 36308/30/2013

For r363

by Anonymousreply 36408/30/2013

Did you all receive the e-mail with the free PPV movie offer yet? I think I am going to order Passion, the new one by DePalma. It's getting decent reviews.

by Anonymousreply 36508/31/2013

I think it's interesting that you don't even hear any talk about this anymore -- i.e., it's like CBS is off TWC now and this is just the new norm, accept it or leave it (or go get an antenna if it's that big a deal to you).

by Anonymousreply 36608/31/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 36708/31/2013

I've been going through major meltdown, since they took away my CBS. I'm pretty much seeing my psychiatrist more often.

by Anonymousreply 36808/31/2013

TWC must be hemorrhaging viewers, since they have a new ad running now that says "blackouts" occur with ALL cable systems, not just theirs.

(So don't try switching to Fios or Cablevision or RCN 'cause the same thing will happen again).

If they want to keep subscribers, they need to lower their rates. I just got my latest bill and I thought it would be a lot lower without CBS and Showtime, but NO - only $10 lower than my usual monthly bill. GREEDY BASTARDS.

by Anonymousreply 36908/31/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 37008/31/2013

They have replaced Starz Kids with the Hallmark Movie Channel on blacked out CBS local channels. That was really a free preview of Starz to attract new subscribers. TWC is trying to make back lost revenue by playing three card monte with us. I called last month to ask about a credit for Showtime since I already pay for Starz and wasn't getting anything in exchange for losing CBS. They gave me a seven dollar credit but then dropped Showtime from my Premium package and charged me a dollar more this month for the remaining premium channels. They also added a 1.62 credit from last month onto my bill and listed it as an unpaid balance on this months bill. I didn't cancel Showtime but they insisted I did. Some of the Max channels were missing and other channels were fucked up but they insisted there was no outage in my neighborhood. Therefore, no credit for lost service. Lo and behold, a couple of days before my service visit, the channels were all there and working. I hate them both but TWC is always looking to scam us.

by Anonymousreply 37108/31/2013

Well, the stalemate is officially over, and it was reached on Labor Day no less. I knew they weren't going to let it go beyond the start of the NFL season.

by Anonymousreply 37209/02/2013

We never lost CBS, only SHO and the CW affiliate. Our cable shits get their feed from TWC, and their on-screen guide had nothing for the upcoming 7 days on "Arrow" a week before the blackout ( had been catching up on this), so the blackout was predetermined, never a matter of bargaining.

Utter weasel shits all around

by Anonymousreply 37309/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.