Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jack White Hit With Restraining Order Over Custody Dispute

Jack White has been served a restraining order preventing him from "any contact whatsoever" with his estranged wife Karen Elson except as relates to "parenting time" with their two young children. The pair announced their divorce in June 2011 and even threw a party around the event. However, a report from Nashville's City Paper makes it unclear as to whether the two ever formally split. There is no question, however, as to the fact that it's been a tumultuous time since.

Apparently the two have been in disagreement for months over custody issues. Elson currently cares for their children, ages 5 and 7, but White evidently wants to be more involved. But the restraining order affidavit affirms that he has a violent temper and has badgered his ex via emails and text messages. It says that "Elson fears for her and the children's safety as a result of this harassment." She alleges that he isn't fit to be share custody of the kids.

The court documents expose a bizarre jealous streak, claiming that White once ordered Elson to pull the children out of a specific class in their private school because they were learning alongside the child of an artist he believes "ripped off" his music. He's also accused of berating Elson for attending the wedding of another musician who he felt stole from him. The affidavit points to a pattern of "bullying into submission" that contributed to their initial split.

White has supposedly refused to enter family counseling and has been "pressuring [Elson] about the settlement terms for divorce." In one quoted email, he writes, "I'm not extending this anymore. And we're not getting lawyers involved to rip me off." The man has meanwhile been quite magnanimous elsewhere, donating $200,000 to the Congress-founded National Recording Preservation Foundation, and $142,000 to save Detroit's Masonic Temple.

The restraining order was served on July 22. The couple face a custody hearing on August 29.

by Anonymousreply 8002/09/2015

Go away Karen!

She's just mad that Jack White replaced her with a string of new redheads, and now she wants him to pay (a ton) in support payments.

by Anonymousreply 108/01/2013

She may have been bullshitting, but Karen praised Jack's parenting a while ago in that Bazaar interview. Then again, Jack's been known to have anger issues.

Two quotes from the same Tumblr blog:

[quote]I have stated I do know things about each of them thanks to where I work and some stories from coworkers who have gotten to spend time with Jack and Karen and when Jack is described to me as kind, a bit odd, but a person who treated this individual who met him like gold and then Karen is described to me by this same person (and another) as a drama queen and an aloof bitch then come on.

[quote]From a very personal and very credible set of sources I have, Karen is a bitch in her own right so I HIGHLY DOUBT Jack is the main one driving this and she was described to me by a person who has spent time with her as a drama queen.

I have no idea if this is true.

by Anonymousreply 208/01/2013

Also, the Order makes it sound like they're still married. If they haven't worked out the settlement, and she only filed in 2012, it may not be final yet, over two years since the announcement.

by Anonymousreply 308/01/2013

R2 Do you mind posting a link to the tumblr?

by Anonymousreply 408/01/2013

Here you go, R4.

LOL at telling Tumblr to mind its own business.

Aside from Jack being admittedly unfaithful, I haven't heard a thing about conflict between them since the divorce. Jack's been really good at keeping a lid on his private life. He never even got photographed with Olivia Jean, though he took her on tour with him last year. This being so public must have him tearing his hair out.

by Anonymousreply 508/01/2013

This isn't the first woman to slap a restraining order on Jack White. Tracee Mae Miller, his best friend's wife with whom he was obsessed and had an affair, put one on him when he wouldn't leave her alone. She wanted her husband, Dan, and Jack freaked out. That's when he was run out of Detroit, married Karen in a hurry, moved to Nashville and started having babies.

Renee Z described him as a very bad man, no?

by Anonymousreply 608/02/2013

This doesn't make him look nearly as bad as all of that Olivia what the hell is wrong with her smile Jean and the Black Belles bullshit he had going on.

Karen makes him look like a jerk while Olivia Jean makes him look pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 708/02/2013

r6 Renee never said that about Jack. He has some very serious possessive/jealousy issues that he obviously has not done anything to try to resolve. There is a quote in a new book about the Detroit music scene that said Jack did not like Meg being with other men even though they were divorced.

by Anonymousreply 808/02/2013

I love this song about Jack White by Blanche called No Matter Where You Go... it was true then and it is true now.

You set yourself on fire And then complained When everybody stares Who do you blame?

Another day, another drama How can people be so cruel? You're the victim once again They won't play by your rules Take your ball and run away from the truth

Every bridge you burned leaves another clue But it can be proved It's everybody else

You tried to look in windows But it's quite clear That every pane of glass for you is a mirror

Another day, another drama How can people be so cruel? You're the victim once again They won't play by your rules Take your ball and run away from the truth Don't you know their conscience can never be fooled That shadow follows you

No matter where you go No matter what you say...

by Anonymousreply 908/02/2013

He has the weirdest mouth outside of a fucking lamprey that I've ever seen. I guess chicks really do dig guitars.

by Anonymousreply 1008/02/2013

Here's a link the the emails filed with the court. Frankly they don't sound threatening, and it sounds like Karen has issues too. Karen wanted their daughter to be in a separate class from some other kid too. My guess is they're both at fault. It's too bad for their kids.

by Anonymousreply 1108/02/2013

I have no clue about Jack White's personal life, but musically, I think he's a fucking genius.

by Anonymousreply 1208/02/2013

He hates The Black Keys? Kind of funny.

by Anonymousreply 1308/02/2013

The posts here sound like out-takes from the old Groupie Central message forum!

It's hard to believe that so many gay men would be up on gossip about Jack White and so rabid about it!

I realized that Jack White had more than a few screws loose when he severely beat a rival musician in some bar in, IIRC, Detroit. He nearly killed the guy! I don't remember if it was over a woman or about music, but I do know one of Jack's heroes Jimmy Page wouldn't pull such nonsense over a woman or over music!

How rich that Jack accuses some musicians of ripping him off, Jack's entire career is based on ripping off black American blues, American folk music not to mention ripping off UK rock musicians who played American blues in the Sixties, such as The Yardbirds.

The more I read about this guy, the more turned off I get. Is this what growing up Catholic and devoutly religious does to someone?

by Anonymousreply 1408/02/2013

How the fuck did TMZ get copies of personal emails filed with the court no less? Is this even legal?

It's not enough going through your own personal shit re a marriage/relationship/child custody or suing people or whatever, but to have legal documents somehow get to the press, that's preposterous.

It's different if you are photographed by the paparazzi going to an event, but having actual personal court related issues getting out there is just plain outrageous. I'd never want to be famous! Rich is fine, but famous, not so much!

by Anonymousreply 1508/02/2013

I first realized that JW was a dick when someone posed a theoretical question to a member of a band who was to open for him on this last tour. the question was this:

Who would win a fight between Jack White and Kid Rock.

The guy answered tongue in cheek, just because of the white trash factor, I have to go with Kid Rock.

The band was fired from the tour.

by Anonymousreply 1608/02/2013

Actually, I think the emails are helping him. They reduce the supposed treats to simple strong arming her trying to get Elson to the table without a lawyer. She made a smart move. She is trying to maintain primary custody of her kids, and so she has to make him look bad, and she doesn't have to hear him bitch about her not doing what he wants. It's sad.

by Anonymousreply 1708/02/2013

I don't think there's anything threatening in those emails.

by Anonymousreply 1808/02/2013

Jack White seems to have heavy duty anger issues, wouldn't that be enough to keep him away from his kids?

Where does Karen live, down South? I thought I read she moved back to NY or to the UK.

by Anonymousreply 1908/02/2013

Nashville.

by Anonymousreply 2008/02/2013

[quote]That's when he was run out of Detroit

He was not run out of Detroit.

[quote]He nearly killed the guy!

Not true at all. He punched him a few times and fucked up his face.

Jack is a weirdo, but some of you here are just making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 2108/02/2013

R21 is right, Jack has a great hook and hit JS a few times. That's it. Jack just got a fine and community service.

The question is why they're not divorced yet, and what happened to make Elson go ballistic with the heavy-duty divorce lawyer, when they were supporting each other's projects less than a year or so ago. None of my business, but this is a gossip site.

Also, some of us like rock more than Lady Gaga, and think Jack is hot.

by Anonymousreply 2208/02/2013

C'mon R21, beating someone to a pulp is not normal behavior. Lots of people get angry, most people walk away. Jack went to court over the beating, so what the fuck are you talking about?

Jack seems to get super angry over petty bullshit issues. His kid sitting next to a rival musician's kid in school? Seriously? What utter nonsense. If that's a real problem, then he needs to home school the kids with private tutors, because there's always going to be some parent Jack dislikes!

Jack needs therapy. Anger issues don't get better without intervention, they usually escalate.

A friend's ex-wife stalked him, then stabbed him. In all the years they were married, he ever laid a hand on the crazy obsessive bitch, her next move down the line, she continued to stalk him, this time with a gun. She's now in jail.

You sound like a Jack White fangurl!

by Anonymousreply 2308/02/2013

[quote]C'mon [R21], beating someone to a pulp is not normal behavior. Lots of people get angry, most people walk away. Jack went to court over the beating, so what the fuck are you talking about?

Did I say it was normal behavior? No, I sure did not. I said he didn't almost kill the guy. You don't know what you are talking about.

[quote]You sound like a Jack White fangurl!

That's the best you've got? You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 2508/02/2013

She fears for her safety solely as a result of emails and texts? On the other hand, you have to be a pretty big douche to choose to live in Nashville.

by Anonymousreply 2608/02/2013

R26, Jack White lives in a rural area, he's not in the heart of Nashville.

He's perfectionist in everything, to the point of obsession. I remember reading about him being disappointed with the wood stains used on his floors!

He's got his own recording studio as well as a record store where he sells his precious 'limited edition' records, and other items related to all the bands he's been in, to his rabid fans. The prices these limited edition releases go for on eBay is mind boggling, in the hundreds for a 45 record!

He's basically become everything he said he never wanted to be.

Why Nashville? Guess he wants to be close to the musicians he's currently ripping off, ha!

This guy doesn't see the irony in anything he does.

by Anonymousreply 2708/02/2013

White filed a countermotion:

[quote]The filing cites a series of emails from Elson to White in which she praises his parenting abilities. "You're an amazing father, I'm so glad we had these kids together," Elson wrote in an email to White dated May 19th, 2013. White's attorney, Cathy Speers Johnson, calls Elson's motion for a psychiatric exam "inflammatory . . . . disingenuous, fraudulent and retaliatory and simply designed to malign him in the public record or to gain an upper hand in this litigation."

[quote]In response to claims by Elson that she fears White, the countermotion states that Elson left their children in his care the day after signing her restraining order affidavit, while she took a 10-day "work/pleasure trip" to New York. The following day, she filed her motion requesting a psychiatric exam. "One who was truly fearful of another would not leave their children alone with that person for 10 days," White's response says. "The truth of the matter is that Ms. Elson is not fearful for herself or the parties' minor children."

I remember Elson posting pictures of herself with people like Alexa Chung, smiling like she was having a grand old time.

[quote]White claims that Elson professed her love for him as recently as last month, telling their mutual friend Dean Fertita, "I'm completely in love with Jack and I'd move back in tomorrow if he asked me." (Fertita, White's bandmate in the Dead Weather, also plays in Queens of the Stone Age.) "This is not the statement of a woman who is concerned about the emotional stability of the father of their children or their safety when they are with him," the motion states.

Ouch. Even if that's not true, something doesn't smell right about Elson's complaint.

[quote]The current rift between White and Elson – who had previously co-parented their children amicably, despite ongoing divorce proceedings – appears to stem in part from a European trip that Elson took with the children in June, during which she kept them overseas for 10 days longer than White had previously given written consent.

It sounds like she's not that bright and was misled by her lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 2808/02/2013

White was certainly run out of Detroit. I have a friend who was a bartender in Detroit at this time and most people in that scene took Dan Miller's side in the dust up they had. Maybe it was jealousy. Maybe everyone just started to hate him, but he lost most of his friends. He was getting in fights, getting the cops called on him, and he had a restraining order put on him because his behavior towards one woman in particular became so obsessive that she got scared.

He married Karen shortly after all of this and they moved to Nashville. He's starting his shit in Nashville.

by Anonymousreply 2908/02/2013

He's a well-known douche. The ex-wife may not be a prize either but he's definitely a control-freak with a mile wide nasty streak.

by Anonymousreply 3008/02/2013

She signed a restraining order, saying she feared for her kids' safety, and then left them with him and skipped off to New York?

Sounds like she was real scared. I'm sure the philandering White was no picnic as a husband, but the countermotion makes Elson look very bad.

by Anonymousreply 3108/02/2013

Elson also played a show at Third Man in April, so something must have happened between then and July. My guess, just a guess, is that she was holding out hope for them to get back together, and that he told her no.

by Anonymousreply 3208/02/2013

R27. Does he live in Nashville at all? Or does he live in a city outside of Nashville? I grew up in Middle Tennessee (Hendersonville) and am just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 3308/02/2013

"She fears for her safety solely as a result of emails and texts? "

My guess is that she fears for her safety because of all the times she's seen him lose his temper, but the texts and e-mails are all she's got to show the court. If she just tells about the times he behaved irrationally in the privacy of their home, it's her word against his.

Hell hath no fury like a straight man crossed.

by Anonymousreply 3408/02/2013

[quote]White was certainly run out of Detroit. I have a friend who was a bartender in Detroit at this time and most people in that scene took Dan Miller's side in the dust up they had.

Actually, the guy's name was Jason Stollsteimer.

White's side of the story is at the link below. Here's a sample of it:

"The entire event was completely exploited by him, his band, and his managers and legal professionals," White wrote. "The two of us did have an argument, and I did spit at him. But what he doesn't say is how he then grabbed me to pull me down and pulled out a good deal of my hair. My retaliation was to hit him to get him off of me. Then he landed on my hand, which became cut on the broken glass underneath it. The whole thing lasted less than 10 seconds."

White insists Stollsteimer wasn't badly injured and that he dramatized the situation in order to drag White "through the mud." He added that the incident followed two years of Stollsteimer badmouthing White to friends and the press and insisted that the photo of Stollsteimer's bruised and battered face, which was widely circulated to the media, didn't accurately illustrate his injuries.

"The photo was sent to the [British magazine] NME the next morning, with the photo credit being that of the Von Bondies' manager, Rick Canny," White wrote. "Jason would not allow the dried blood from his bloody nose washed from his face before taking the photo. Take a look at it again. It's a black eye once you wash the dried blood off. His face isn't full of cuts. The 'permanent damage' that he claims was done to his eye from this is also false. Having toured extensively with the man, I know that he would refuse to drive the touring van because as a teenager Jason left a contact lens in his eye for over a year and then tried to pull it out. He tore his eye in doing so ... the same eye he tried to blame me for permanently damaging. It's so funny that when the aroma of money and fame is in the air, old friends will quickly step on your face to get to it."

by Anonymousreply 3508/03/2013

Ah. Everything that happens to Jack White is everyone's fault but his.

A classic narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 3608/03/2013

just listen to the White Album to see who Jack White really rips off. his whole shtick is classic White Album McCartney. the similarities in vocal stylings etx. are unbelievable.

i say that as a fan of Jack's. he has no right to call others out for copying.

by Anonymousreply 3708/03/2013

Which is why he is so sensitive about copying. That whole one finger pointing, 4 pointing back at you.

by Anonymousreply 3808/03/2013

I believe her. Dude looks troubled.

by Anonymousreply 3908/03/2013

She has tons of money, she's still modeling and is still considered a viable model, she was once a supermodel. She also considers herself a musician & the ex-bandmate of Courtney Love also plays with her. They're not bad together either.

I think CL fucked JW too but he did not want to make her permanent.

by Anonymousreply 4008/03/2013

Gross. Jack wouldn't fuck Courtney with a 50ft. pole.

by Anonymousreply 4108/03/2013

This is what happens if you put your penis in a lady.

by Anonymousreply 4208/03/2013

The Stollsteimer incident wasn't why he lost his friends. In fact most people would say that Jason had it coming. That was in the midst of a whole other thing. And yes I meant to say that everyone took Dan Miller's side in the real fallout that happened. In fact, Get Behind Me Satan is almost entirely about that time and Dan Miller's wife... a time that White describes as when he had no friends and wanted to die.

by Anonymousreply 4408/03/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 4508/03/2013

Here's the info I got re where Jack lives in Nashville:

"I think somewhere in the Brentwood area im not exactly sure but one of my friends works for a floor installation company and said he saw Jack's house and he said that it was "a big white and red beacon of light."

Another person I know that works at the Target in Brentwood said Jack came in looking for hangers, he got on the same plane as me in the Nashville airport going to Los Angeles but that was 2 years ago.

He lives on Franklin Rd past the Hogan Road Light, on the right going towards Brentwood in a white house with a red door..."

Must be the same floor installation company Jack complained about in an interview, the one who did the wrong color wood staining!

It's scary that his fans actually know the road he lives on, I wonder if he has security cameras or a huge locked gate! His fans are rabid and obsessive, especially the females.

by Anonymousreply 4608/03/2013

I live in Nashville. I didn't know where Jack White lived, but know it now from the description. Brentwood is an ok area. It's very new. It was farms until the late 70's, and now it's a bunch of subdivisions and McMansions. It's sort of upper middle class. And very right wing Christian. I don't care for that part of town; it's rather soulless. My main point, though: people here really leave celebrities alone. Everyone sort of kind of knows where the Kings of Leon guys live, where Taylor Swift lives, Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman, etc. It's a small town. We see everyone at some point. There are no paps here, and people just mind their business. Perhaps that's because people here are so used to seeing country singers at the table next to them, that they really just don't care anymore?

by Anonymousreply 4708/03/2013

Who is Dan Miller?

by Anonymousreply 4808/03/2013

R47, it's the same with NYC, most people who live downtown Manhattan...in Soho, The Village etc, pretty much ignore all the celebs who live there.

When I lived down there, I was renting a friend's loft until he converted it into his business base, I'd always see a ton of celebs almost on a daily basis: Keith Richards and Patti Hansen (when they lived around the corner from Tower on West 4th), Kelly Ripa (she is hideous looking in person, she has sickly yellow skin and appears to weigh about 80s pounds, she's all head), Richard Butler from the Psychedelic Furs, lots of indie actors/actresses and a ton of others.

The tourists and flyovers would be the ones who seemed shocked to see the celebs out and about, native New Yorkers could give a shit.

It's odd that Jack White would move to such a Right Wing Fundie area, perhaps he figures he'd have more privacy there? Not many of his fans could afford to live there?

Since he also has his record store/performance space and a recording studio there, I guess he is pretty serious about remaining there.

by Anonymousreply 4908/03/2013

r48 Dan Miller was Jack's best friend and mentor for a long time. Jack started out in Dan's band Goober and the Peas as a drummer and then they formed their own band together with Dan's wife Tracee. I think Jack learned a lot about performance from Dan and the importance of having an image. Sadly Jack was in love with Dan's wife and had been throughout their entire 11 year friendship. She probably caused his redhead obsession. I think Dan knew based on the song Last Year's Leaves from his current band with Tracee called Blanche. Apparently Jack finally acted on his feelings for Tracee some time in 2005 or late 2004 and the shit hit the fan. Jack became completely ostracized by his circle of friends for it even though Tracee consented. Dan decided to take his wife's side and they decided together to shun Jack. Jack was devastated and said in an interview he didn't want to live anymore during this time period (he didn't say why). After losing his closest friends, Jack moved to Nashville. You can get some insight into his feelings about this situation through the songs Effect and Cause and The Nurse. Pretty much all of Get Behind Me Satan is about the fallout from the Tracee incident.

I'll also add Dan and Tracee became very close with Renee Zellweger and I believe they remained friends. Renee got Dan roles in her movies My One and Only and Leatherheads. There were quite a few pictures of Renee hanging with them back when she and Jack were still dating.

by Anonymousreply 5008/03/2013

Her filing sounds utterly ridiculous in light of the background information. On the other hand, he could live anywhere in the world and he chose to live in some southern-fried suburb with Confederate flags waving like amber waves of grain. Something is off with him too--they're probably the typical breeder match made in heaven with even more typical hipster pretensions.

by Anonymousreply 5208/03/2013

Jack's always been obsessed with the South. He said he'd like to have been a black blues singer in the 30s! Ridiculous, yes, but being a kook is no obstacle to being a rock star.

He checked out other areas like Alabama, but probably settled in Nashville because it was a better place to raise a family. He spent the first 30 years of his life in Detroit. Maybe he's tired of cities.

Not everyone wants to live in the Northeast or LA.

by Anonymousreply 5308/03/2013

He's barely in Brentwood, much closer to the city. Certainly not rural considering his place is 10 min from his studio downtown. His neck of Franklin Rd is full of established older mansions and homes, like neighboring Belle Meade.

I know people who have worked for White for years, and they've never had anything bad to say. Whatever is going on is some shit btw him and Karen. Strangely enough after the news broke yesterday, I saw him out and about with his kids in Green Hills getting pizza.

by Anonymousreply 5408/03/2013

r41 yes he would & did fuck Courtney Love. Almost everyone that's in music an acting has. My theory is that they wanted to get close to Kurt & go where Kurt went, also CL is interesting, TBH, much more interesting and talented than Elson.

by Anonymousreply 5508/03/2013

r55 Jack likes classy ladylike women. Do you have actual proof he fucked her?

by Anonymousreply 5608/03/2013

Courtney Love wrote that she was on a flight with White and he refused to even look at her. She's not his type.

by Anonymousreply 5708/03/2013

Just googled Jack W and Karen E. Christ, both are fugly.

by Anonymousreply 5808/03/2013

Jack is ugly hot. There's just something about him.

by Anonymousreply 5908/03/2013

[quote] as a teenager Jason left a contact lens in his eye for over a year and then tried to pull it out. He tore his eye in doing so

Aughgh I really wish I hadn't read that.

by Anonymousreply 6008/03/2013

[quote]Apparently Jack finally acted on his feelings for Tracee some time in 2005 or late 2004 and the shit hit the fan.

I love reading nonsense like this, as if this woman had absolutely no say in this affair....it was all about Jack, as if Jack's cock magically made it's way into this chick Tracee's vagine through telepathy or something.

Seriously, if this Tracee chick didn't want to fuck Jack, she would have never gotten involved, she would have stayed with her husband. What a bunch of drama queen loonies. Some people just thrive on drama, they cannot live without it.

Several of my close friends, men and women, gay and str8, have fucked up their marriages and long term relationships by involving themselves in ridiculous 'romantic' scenarios simply because they craved all the extra drama. For these types of people, being in happy stable relationships makes them feel unhappy and perhaps too normal. Self created drama is exotic and edgey for them. Jack White seems to fit that description, he also seems depressed and too much of a perfectionsist, as if he's never satisfied with anything. The guy rarely smiles and add that short-fuse/anger thing to the mix, it's a miracle he has time or the inclination to fuck anyone.

Lots of talented people need to create drama in order to create their art!

Jack must realize there are more available women in his age range than men, why get involved with a married woman? There must be one single woman out there for him. I've seen photos of Tracee, she's not some ethereal beauty or some type of unattainable dream woman. Her face is 'meh' and her hair looks like a rat's nest. If he's obsessed with redheads, I'm sure there are much better looking redheads out there, women who are not already married.

I guess it was all about that old 'drama' thing. Because 'the heart wants what the heart wants' bullshit is just that, bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 6108/03/2013

r61 I think he did love her. Maybe she was the only person he ever truly loved. He's written enough songs about her to make me think he was affected quite deeply. Mainly for making him shoulder all the responsibility in the affair.

These are some lyrics from Effect and Cause that kind of explains what happened:

Yeah, well, I ain't saying I'm innocent, in fact, the reverse But if you're headed to the grave you don't blame the hearse You're like a little girl yelling at her brother 'cause you lost his ball

Well, you keep blaming me for what you did, but that ain't all The way you clean up a wreck is enough to give one pause, yeah You seem to forget just how this all started I'm reacting to you because you left me broken-hearted See, you just can't take the effect and make it the cause

by Anonymousreply 6208/03/2013

Here's Jack with his natural color hair. Yes, it's really him.

by Anonymousreply 6308/04/2013

r63 Um no it is definitely not him. I don't know who started passing that off as Jack, but it's pretty obvious it is not.

This is really him as a kid and it doesn't look remotely like the same person.

by Anonymousreply 6408/04/2013

Besides all of Jack's brothers have dark brown hair. Jack enhances his with black dye but it is naturally dark.

by Anonymousreply 6508/04/2013

I think Tracee Mae is beautiful, but I think even more importantly, she is just a very dynamic person. She is a painter, a musician, worked as a make-up artist and stylist. Her own personal sense of style is amazing, imo, and she shares with Jack, or maybe even inspired in him, the love of all things pre- mid century.

As far as Jack liking classy women, I don't know if I would characterize his women as classy. I mean Olivia Jean? She's not a classy woman. I do think though, that he likes women with an exaggerated femininity (fluffy Victorian dresses, big skirts with petty coats, extreme coifs, overdone makeup, nylon stockings) juxtaposed with traditionally non-feminine roles on stage...bass player, drummer. I think he likes the irony of it. As well as the red head thing, I think this started with Tracee Mae with her white Victorian dresses and nurse outfits.

by Anonymousreply 6608/04/2013

So did he fuck Alison Mosshart?

If not, who is/has she been fucking all these years? Iirc jack has known her for a while before they started making music together.

by Anonymousreply 6708/04/2013

I think Alison is a lesbian to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 6808/04/2013

I second the Alison is a lesbian thing... and a hot one at that.

by Anonymousreply 6908/04/2013

God I wish Alison was a lesbian. I believe she dates men, though. I thought I heard whispers about her and Jack, that's why I asked.

by Anonymousreply 7008/04/2013

Who hasn't Jack fucked? Is he the Madonna of Rock?

I remember lots of groupies posting at the old Groupie Central forum about Jack. I don't remember the time frame, but he could have been with Renee at the time, he was obviously cheating on her with Tracee and with groupies.

The groupies also described his 'modus operandi' to lure them and also talked about his cock size. They went on about him acting shy, so they could think they were luring him in, but he knew exactly what he was doing, hilarious! I'm not sure if those old posts are still up, perhaps they can be accessed through the Wayback Machine website.

btw, I posted that blond headed pic of the kid who was supposed to be Jack. I was going to add, it actually didn't much look like him. The actual photo of Jack, he does has his trademark scowl and piercing stare.

IIRC, I got the blond kid's photo from on old DL thread on Jack. I guess the moral is: don't always believe what you read on DL!

by Anonymousreply 7108/05/2013

I saw something where an interviewer busted out a transcript from Groupie Central and said hey Jack look at this. It said something like "Jack White is down for groupie action. Size: adequate. Performance: adequate." He was left speechless.

Adequate... how's that for a blow to man's ego.

by Anonymousreply 7208/05/2013

R72, IIRC, some of the groupies at Groupie Central described Jack's cock as "long and thin".

I must be horrible being famous, think about it.

All your business gets out there, you don't know who you can really trust. Even a doctor's office visit is not private. An old acquaintance managed a doctor's office, a lot of the patients were famous. My friend wasted no time revealing who they were, none were dying or very ill, but who wants that personal stuff getting out there?

When you're famous, you don't know if people like you for you or for your fame, your money or your connections. Showbiz is filled with leeches and hanger-on sycophants.

Not to mention, it must really suck if you are a person who values their privacy. Especially now in the age of social media and cell phones with built-in cameras, life can be difficult for the types of celebs and musicians who don't crave that sort of attention. Every move is monitored.

Sure, hearing showbiz gossip is fun, but imagine being the subject of the gossip?

by Anonymousreply 7308/05/2013

There's enough pictorial evidence that Jack, even if he's not a grower, is more than adequate in size.

by Anonymousreply 7408/05/2013

I read the emails they don't sound threatening. If she purposelly put the kids in the same school as the Black Keys' kid then that is batshit.

by Anonymousreply 7508/05/2013

I doubt she put them in the same school on purpose. The school is popular with rich people who don't want their kids in some fundie religious school.

Leaving the kids with him the day after filing a restraining order claiming she feared for their safety in his presence was really stupid, and the court won't look kindly upon it.

by Anonymousreply 7608/05/2013

And now Dan Auerbach is going through his own messy divorce. It must be driving Jack crazy that even in fucked up family drama, Dan is copying him.

by Anonymousreply 7708/06/2013

R8, I believe Jack even managed to swing it that he hosted Meg's second nuptials (which later ended in divorce). That gave me pause. Also, Jack took Meg's second name on marrying her, and to this day has not changed it.

Jack is a showman and a talented songwriter, but ever since his comment to Rolling Stone or whoever it was, that Meg made song-writing 'difficult' for him (failing to 'high-five' him whenever he 'got it right'), I've gotten turned off and take everything he says with salt. Meg is a natural talent, an intriguing and one-of-a-kind player. She shouldn't have been cheerleader or arm-candy, but treated as a valuable contributor. That she's honest, quiet, and not at all swayed by the lure of fame and self-congratulation only adds to her personality. Jack has, in the past, made out these qualities to be flaws.

The White Stripes made refreshing, poetic blues, no doubt, and maybe one day they will again--if Jack and Meg reconcile as equals.

by Anonymousreply 7902/09/2015

He looks so much hotter with his new hair.

by Anonymousreply 8002/09/2015
Need more help? Click Here.