Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Blind Item: Coming Out Confession?

I will not reveal who I’ve worked with or what I’ve starred in obviously, as I don’t want to be identified. I love my career, and I know I would lose my leading man status if I ever came out. I feel terribly guilty about many different things.

First of all, I feel like I’m misleading my fans. They do a lot market analysis in Hollywood. I get told about which demographics I do well with, and I feel like I’m misleading so many people, or letting them down.

I am dating another well known personality, and we’ve been publicly together for a while now. I know she expects to get married, the press expect us to get married, but of course this would be a great disservice to her. Truth be told I think she knows. She is a wonderful woman and a wonderful person and I don’t deserve someone as loving and trusting in my life, and I truly do love her, but I’m not in love with her, and sex with her, despite her beauty, is difficult for me.

I also feel terribly guilty because I know there are so many gay kids out there and I feel like by not coming out, and not providing that public display of being gay and being successful I’m letting them down. Public figures like Ellen DeGeneres coming out when I was younger made a huge difference to me, and I feel like I should be paying it forward, but I’m too afraid of my whole life being ruined.

I’ve only told a few people. I’ve been with two men since my career has started. Both have been, thankfully, very discrete. My two best friends from before I became mainstream know, and have been supportive. I’ve told two gay actors who have come out because I trusted they would keep it to themselves, having been in the same position. They were comforting and told me to do what I needed to do, but it didn’t assuage my guilt at all. I tested the water with my agent, who basically told me “Faggots don’t make it in this town,” and then went on to basically explain that he would never represent a gay man because the effort versus the money just makes it not worth it to him. It frankly terrifies me. I just wanted to get it out there.

by Anonymousreply 44904/07/2015

What did they used to call this kind of post on DataLounge? Intricate scenario troll or something like that? Either that, or it's Henry Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 208/01/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 408/01/2013

Anyone who uses the word "assuage" gets a pass from me.

by Anonymousreply 508/01/2013

Mr. Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 608/01/2013

It was nice of Henry Cavill to share his feelings with the group!

by Anonymousreply 708/01/2013

Actually the use of "assuage" and "disservice" makes me think it's someone who's relatively (by young hollywood standards) articulate and well-spoken. Maybe Andrew Garfield?

If it's even real that is.

by Anonymousreply 808/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 908/01/2013

[quote]What did they used to call this kind of post on DataLounge? Intricate scenario troll or something like that?

The Elaborate Scenarios were crafted by the OP of a thread. This was not crafted by the OP, he merely copied and pasted from an outside source.

by Anonymousreply 1008/01/2013

what year did ellen come out? just trying to guess the age of this guy...

by Anonymousreply 1108/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 1208/01/2013

Assuming this is real....

The reference to Ellen makes me think this guy is American -- was Ellen's coming out a big deal in the U.K.? That's why I'm discounting Andrew Garfield (also the fact that I'd suspect Emma Stone would be a savvy gal and know the truth).

by Anonymousreply 1308/01/2013

r11, Ellen came out in 1997.

by Anonymousreply 1408/01/2013

Thank you R14, well, how many well know hollywood couples are there? and possibly engaged? just do a process of elimination.

I think R13 could be right.

by Anonymousreply 1508/01/2013

Via AGC & CDAN: [quote]This actor used to be almost A list. Mostly movies. He is probably a B- list now because he has not done much since the big one. The one big thing that made his career. One of his best friends said the actor tried to commit suicide about 18 months ago. That one would have been the be all and end all of untimely celebrity deaths. People would have talked about that one for decades. All the books would have speculated about his sexuality until his one or two very reticent male lovers would have poked their heads out and spoken. He wants so much to be out. There is not a man out there in the entertainment business who wants to be out more and cannot. He thought if his last project had been successful he could have, but it was not, so everyone advised him against it. That led to the attempt to kill himself. Now he is back where he has been so many times before. A woman handed to him on a silver platter. Make nice for social media. You are having the best time. The actress they chose for him this time is having a great time. She loves the attention and thinks this will be great for her career. The actor has been through it and done it and just wants to be himself. He just wants it all to end. Either by coming out or by ending his life. He just is tired of living the lie. [bold]Taylor Lautner/Marie Avgeropoulos[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 1608/01/2013

The "confession" orginated on reddit, where he did specify that he's a "well-known American film actor":

by Anonymousreply 1708/01/2013

OMG, r12!

by Anonymousreply 1808/02/2013

r16, the one thing that doesn't fit with Taylor is that this guy says he's been "publically together for a while now" with the girl; Taylor just started -- within the past week -- his latest bearding scenario. This also means it's not Jake Gyllenhaal, who also just started a bearding relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1908/02/2013

Not Taylor Lautner. He would have been about 5 when Ellen came out, he's been 'dating' his co-star for all of 5 minutes so nobody is looking for an engagement, and frankly, I can't imagine he's intelligent enough to have written this.

by Anonymousreply 2008/02/2013

Yeah, that is a good point, r13. I was also thinking of leading men in movies before, but I suppose he could be on a show too. Maybe one of the two out actors is Quinto. Who has he worked with recently?

by Anonymousreply 2108/02/2013

[quote]I can't imagine he's intelligent enough to have written this.

I believe you're right about this, regarding Lautner.

by Anonymousreply 2308/02/2013

If this is really about Taylor Lautner ... Girl, you in danger! Go to your family, get some help, disappear for a while. If you're really at wit's end, it doesn't matter. Get some help, regroup, and then come back. It's not worth killing yourself over, whoever you are! Don't let the bastards grind you down, as my parents used to say. Taylor, or whoever you are, you are too young to give up on life. I wish you the best.

BTW, you know this already, but: Your advisors are not going to tell you to do anything that stands in the way of them making more money. Look to your family, friends, whatever you have. Don't kill yourself over this. It's not that important in the big scheme of things. If you can't come out now, find something else that makes you happy in the meantime. It's not going to be that long before it's OK to be gay as an actor. Just hold on.

by Anonymousreply 2408/02/2013

Oh I hadn't seen r17's post. That changes things.

by Anonymousreply 2608/02/2013

Hemsworth is Australian (the guy says he's American) and he would've been all of 7 when Ellen came out.

We need an American actor who was probably between 10 to 15 in 1997 and who has been in a relationship with the "well-known" female for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 2708/02/2013

Sorry ... I meant to say: "You in danger, girl." I should have my gay card revoked. Along with the toaster.

by Anonymousreply 2808/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 2908/02/2013

r29, the reference to Ellen makes me think he is American, not just appearing in American films.

by Anonymousreply 3008/02/2013

Also, the language/writing style seems American, not English.

by Anonymousreply 3108/02/2013

Whether it's Leo or Taylor or Andrew or Jake or Tom, Dick or Harry ... it doesn't matter. Seek help, turn to your friends and family, ignore the Internet (except this plea, of course). It will be all right.

by Anonymousreply 3208/02/2013

Here are the additional comments our actor friend made on reddit. Each paragraph is its own reply. The context of the replies are exactly as you'd imagine and I don't think you'd gain anything from the q's asked.

When you're gay, famous role models mean something, at least they do for me. Believe it or not, famous people are in fact people, and often internet savvy (at least a little bit, everyone I know maintains a twitter and facebook, and many people I've encountered are familiar with reddit and will talk about other people's AMAs and stuff).

I've liked NPH as lot as a person and as an actor (though I don't know him that well, only met him a handful of times). But you also have to keep in mind the he was cast as that womanizer before he came out, and that does make a difference. The difference between gay men and lesbians is also different in this industry. I look up to Ellen but we're in different boats. And top all that off with the different treatment of people in film and television. Television people are treated like shit sometimes in Hollywood but they also are held to a lower standard. My point is it's not such an easy comparison.

There is pressure keeping me with her both ways. I said I think she may know, that's true, and I don't want to hurt her, but on the other side of things when you break up, you have tabloids and press trying to establish why things didn't work out, and that's difficult for both people. Its a terrible invasion of privacy during a hard time, and its inevitable/inescapable. It's selfish on my part, I know. I feel like a terrible person. But it also becomes arguably worse on her if we break up (she's had some pretty terrible experiences before meeting me with paparazzi).

This is pretty accurate. I LOVE acting. I LOVE going to work every day. I feel like it's the only thing that has given my life meaning. And that hasn't changed from when I was doing community theater and school plays to doing massive movie shoots. Unfortunately all that other shit is the price of admission. So far it's a price I've been willing to pay. I just feel terrible about that price on other people. I wish it only affected me but it doesn't.

Generally I think you're right, and I sort of mention this, but it's also not that simple. I get rehired to my job every few months. I don't lose it, but movies wrap and new projects come up. Those projects can dry up fairly quickly. But I acknowledge that I am a coward. I am a weak and selfish person.

This is just how agents work in Hollywood. Agents don't represent you because they like you. They represent you because they can make money off you. And you accept that because they find you steady work. When an agent is a "power agent" (believe it or not your agent's name alone can get you a job when you're breaking out) they can often be so influential that if you leave them they can also break your career. I'm kind of stuck unless another big agent takes me.

But in the back of your mind you're thinking "They're gay but they are doing this scene so well!" I would rather you just watch the scene, and that is sort of the whole problem with Hollywood and being gay.

I guess its between the wholeness I know versus the wholeness I could have. All of that sounds very fulfilling and desirable, and I would love to have it. But at the same time, acting is my whole life, and it's the only thing I've ever done that I've truly loved. The idea of losing that terrifies me.

by Anonymousreply 3308/02/2013

YAWN

by Anonymousreply 3408/02/2013

There is nfw that this actress he's dating doesn't know in this day and age. In other words, this is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 3508/02/2013

I don't know. The idea that this actress is clueless about his homosexuality makes me think it's not true.

If it does fit, Gosling fits all the clues. He's also the type to use a word like assuage.

by Anonymousreply 3608/02/2013

Gosling is not American. He's Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 3708/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 3808/02/2013

It says American film actor so its clearly not Hemsworth. I'm Australian and I don't recall *any* gay rumors about the guy since he was on Home and Away.

Could this be someone like Joseph Gordon Levitt? The timeline would fit...he would have been in his early teens when Ellen came out and he would have also been on TV at the time. Hes made a good transition from TV to film and he also briefly mentions the treatment of TV actors vs film actors in Hollywood.

It could be someone bigger like Dicaprio but tbh I doubt he'd post anything like this. The man is very career oriented I think to the point where he would just be in denial and repress his homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 3908/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 4008/02/2013

JGL doesn't have a famous girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 4108/02/2013

Not Cavill (Brit), Gosling (Canadian) or Hemsworth(Aussie):

[quote]I'm a well known American film actor and I'm a closeted homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 4208/02/2013

[quote]Also, he stayed with his original agent from when he was starting out. He doesn't have an LA heavyweight.

Also, I think Gosling's agent is a woman the actor describes his agent as being a male.

by Anonymousreply 4308/02/2013

If the actor is for real and reading this: don't worry. I know it would be a wonderful thing for others if you came out, and you, honestly, would feel a lot better about yourself being honest, but don't come out until you feel you need to. We all do things we wish we didn't have to do for our jobs and livelihood. We go drinking with the gang on Friday nights to remain in their graces. We pretend to like a boss we really don't like, We have to deal with people we would rather not deal with. You? You just can't be open about your sexuality. If you're hot and making money now -- I don't mean hot in the sexy sense, i mean it in the "getting a lot of parts" sense -- ride the wave until you get enough "fuck you" money and then come out. Make sure you're protected and don't need them anymore. Then come out. But don't do it until you're ready. And best of luck.

by Anonymousreply 4408/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 4508/02/2013

I would say Hayden Christensen but he's not American and doesn't really do any work.

by Anonymousreply 4608/02/2013

Has Zac Efron been dating anyone?

by Anonymousreply 4708/02/2013

Ok so I take back JGL since nobody knows who his gf is.

But then maybe some details were tweaked as R45 said to throw us off

by Anonymousreply 4808/02/2013

I thought of JGL too, but I think he'd be even more articulate/pretentious.

So American actor, late 20s to early 30s, leading man status, maybe has done some TV, has a mostly oblivious but famous beard. I'm stumped.

by Anonymousreply 4908/02/2013

I question if it's Lautner for the following reasons: i) The manner in which the blind is written suggests that the actor had one big movie (not one big role). Arguably, Lautner has had many big movies (albeit a series); ii) The actor indicates that he did school plays and community theater. Are those part of Lautner's resume?; iii) The actor's agent indicated that it isn't worth it to rep a gay actor. Lautner has made millions and has been on the highest paid young actors lists for the past few years. Even if Lautner *is* gay, his agent would be an idiot to jump from that gravy train when it hasn't yet completely run out of fuel; iv) There is a level of maturity and self-awareness in those posts that may be beyond Lautner's current years and experience.

by Anonymousreply 5008/02/2013

The details are generic enough to make me believe they weren't tweaked.

We know he's:

American

Probably around 30 because of the Ellen comment

Has a famous girlfriend

Agent is a man

Works in film

by Anonymousreply 5208/02/2013

Jason Segel?

by Anonymousreply 5308/02/2013

Why would anybody think that meathead Hemsworth would be able to use words like "assuage?"

by Anonymousreply 5408/02/2013

I don't think its Lautner because of the community theatre fact...Lautner was always in movies or tv. I doubt hes ever done theatre or would be the type to walk the boards in lowly community theatre. I think his parents very much needed him to be their cash flow.

by Anonymousreply 5508/02/2013

Lautner doesn't have a long time girlfriend either.

Also, are we sure he meant he is American rather than he works in American movies? Even if it's the former, that's a very suspect detail for tweaking.

by Anonymousreply 5608/02/2013

Leo was born in 1974, so he was 22/23 when Ellen came out. Probably he's too old to be this guy.

by Anonymousreply 5708/02/2013

Just to be different... Shia LaDouche.

by Anonymousreply 5808/02/2013

Chris Evans?

by Anonymousreply 5908/02/2013

Chris Evans?

by Anonymousreply 6108/02/2013

The continuing saga of Toothy Tile.

by Anonymousreply 6208/02/2013

It is NOT Liam fucking Helmsworth! Get over it!

by Anonymousreply 6308/02/2013

Tony Danza

by Anonymousreply 6408/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 6508/02/2013

It's not Liam Hemsworth for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 6608/02/2013

He's not American, you dumb fuck. And how in the hell would he have known about Ellen back then?

by Anonymousreply 6708/02/2013

I want to sit on Liam Hemsworth's face and let him rim me until I catch fire.

by Anonymousreply 6808/02/2013

Lautner was who came to mind for me. (And yes, i know there's no evidence this is real but who cares.) Maybe the age isnt quite right, but he couldve been affected at a young age by ellen coming, or retrospectively a few years later.

I actually think Lautner might be able to survive coming out and build a successful gay-track career - maybe a new model. In this new age of gay marriage and no privacy, its inevitable that new models of young gay h'wood will emerge. Guys like Lautner, Effron, Crawford would probably do better to seize the moment to begin building those models while they still have some ability to control them, rather than wait until they're outed and then work from a position of damage control.

But i digress.

by Anonymousreply 6908/02/2013

Vin Diesel.

by Anonymousreply 7008/02/2013

Evans doesn't have a famous girlfriend, though, does he?

by Anonymousreply 7108/02/2013

R63 Miley isn't saying "yes yes yes" she's 'too' focused on her album.... And probably fucking a girl

by Anonymousreply 7208/02/2013

-Chris Evans is dating Minka Kelly

-Andrew Garfield (American citizen) is dating Emma Stone.

Who else?

by Anonymousreply 7308/02/2013

i'm starting to think it is Garfield he reminds me of a more mainstream Ben Whishaw

by Anonymousreply 7408/02/2013

I love people who guess at BI's and ignore all the relevant clues.

But I'm pretty certain this is Abe Vigoda.

by Anonymousreply 7508/02/2013

Interesting to think it's Chris Evans. His brother, actor Scott Evans is openly gay.

by Anonymousreply 7608/02/2013

If I was posting gossip like this, and wanted to be honest but conceal my identity, I would include a couple of hard, incorrect details, and one soft, incorrect one, to throw the sleuths off the trail. And I have, before, when sharing gossip I've learned through work here.

Don't overanalyze the micro. Look at the macro. And realize, if this is real, that the person has too much at stake to give you enough rope to hang them.

by Anonymousreply 7708/02/2013

One of his responses included this:

[quote](she's had some pretty terrible experiences before meeting me with paparazzi).

by Anonymousreply 7808/02/2013

went to the original site and saw that this is from Reddit. I think it is pretty sad that if this is real that an actor only way of expressing his secret/guilty/unhappiness is to do anonymously online. Also if this is real he really should at least let the girl know.

No one really pop up in the mind, so I guess maybe not that A-list? maybe more supporting actors in movie but not the lead?

by Anonymousreply 7908/02/2013

AP: Your recent remarks that Spider-Man could be gay generated a lot of response. Were you surprised?

Garfield: I don't know about the response. All I know is it's an interesting question, more philosophically than anything. Obviously making this version of Peter Parker suddenly bisexual or gay wouldn't really make logical or dramatic sense. It was a hypothetical kind of question about the nature of these comic book characters and the nature of this particular character, and whether sexuality, race, any of those things makes any difference to the character of Peter Parker. ... What Stan Lee created is an Everyman for every man. Especially the underdog. And especially for those marginalized, for those ostracized. And who is more ostracized as young teenagers than gay young teenagers? So it was more a philosophical question about that. And I long for the day where a comment like that wouldn't make anyone batter an eyelid.

(what straight actor would care enough to *long* for that day?)

AP: How do you like working with Emma Stone, and is there a danger of taking work home?

Garfield: Well, you're assuming something there, which I will not be commenting about.

(wtf type of answer is that? weird...)

AP: So how do you like working with Emma Stone?

Garfield: I love it. She's a great gal, and, as we all know, a singular talent, like a completely unique, singular talent. She just was born like a purebred, in terms of you just say `go' and she goes. It's infuriating because I can't keep up with it. So it's beautiful to work with such an incredibly talented and wonderful person.

(a great gal? he talks about her like shes his fag hag)

by Anonymousreply 8008/02/2013

I still think Emma Stone's a lesbian. I feel like she would know.

by Anonymousreply 8108/02/2013

He may know what "assuage" means but then he doesn't know how to spell "discreet" properly so he's not all THAT smart.

by Anonymousreply 8208/02/2013

I don't think it's Garfield because I can't fathom him and Emma actually having sex.

by Anonymousreply 8308/02/2013

Minka Kelly seems like a nice person, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was a bit dim.

Don't forget she also dated Derek Jeter and ths paps followed her around for a long time, incl. on vacation.

by Anonymousreply 8408/02/2013

Can't we just search for interviews where actors have used similar words or phrasing?

by Anonymousreply 8508/02/2013

Andrew GArfield is American (dual citizenship ) and is with a well known personality for a couple years. But has he been in a movie that flopped recently. Didn't one of the clues say he was planning to come out if his movie was a hit but it didn't do so well?

by Anonymousreply 8608/02/2013

That was a different blind that was also posted in this thread, r86. That one was clearly supposed to be Lautner. The Reddit one doesn't fit Lautner at all.

by Anonymousreply 8708/02/2013

Bradley Cooper dated several famous women.

We know, Bradley! Come out!

by Anonymousreply 8808/02/2013

Cooper doesn't have one long relationship though, at least not one where he would be expected to get engaged.

by Anonymousreply 8908/02/2013

Chace Crawford?

by Anonymousreply 9008/02/2013

You know what, I've changed my mind. I do think it's Henry Cavill. I think he's trying to throw people off. I think the woman he's referring to is Carano. I also think if he was really American, he wouldn't specifically state that he was an "American actor."

I think he's feeling guilty right now. He's sure as hell drinking up a storm.

by Anonymousreply 9108/02/2013

I'm pretty sure it's an American just by the way it's written and the spelling of the words and the idioms used. Brit speak inevitably comes through in the writing and the way this is written screams American.

by Anonymousreply 9208/02/2013

whoever it is, thank god for this confession right now, I was so sick of hearing about that Cheyenne Jackson's meltdown, tattoos, junkie ways and new bf

by Anonymousreply 9408/02/2013

Didn't Andrew Garfield date Shannon Woodward, girl from Fox sitcom Raising Hope and Katy Perry BFF? and then when filming Spiderman dumped her to get with Emma? If it is him then that means he pretty much just lied to two different actresses. Also he wasn't exactly that famous when dating Woodward, so did he need a fake girlfriend back then already?

by Anonymousreply 9508/02/2013

The person who wrote this sounds too articulate to be an actor - most of them are as dumb as a box of rocks. I think it's a troll with industry knowledge using this opportunity to showcase a lot of the problems a gay actor in this position would face.

Makes me even more impressed with those like Bomer and Quinto who have come out, though. I think Bomer, particularly, could have been huge if he'd 'played the game' from the beginning - closeted, bearded etc. Of course, he kept his soul, which will undoubtedly be the smart move long term.

by Anonymousreply 9608/02/2013

It could be a troll, r96. But not ALL actors are stupid.

If this is real, this actor might have concocted this story to disguise himself completely. He does not want to leave any clues lest anyone discover who he is.

He might be a TV actor and married, for instance. He wants to come out but doesn't want to reveal himself. Hence the elaborate - and perhaps entirely fabricated - story.

For some reason, I am thinking of Jared Padalecki.

by Anonymousreply 9708/02/2013

You just gave yourself away r97. I'm pretty sure only wacked out fangurls think either of the main Supernatural guys is gay.

by Anonymousreply 9808/02/2013

[quote] The reference to Ellen makes me think this guy is American -- was Ellen's coming out a big deal in the U.K.

Ellen coming out was a big deal here in the UK - Channel Four even did an entire all-night special on it. It was all over the papers. It was big.

I suspect due to sentence structure (full stops outside parentheses, which is correct in British English and incorrect in American English) that whoever wrote this is British and has damn good grammar skills for an actor, with the exception of the contraction "its", the correct usage of which seems to be a huge problem among British men in their 30s.

My guess: British-raised male, late 20s to early 30s.

by Anonymousreply 9908/02/2013

I'll take your word then, that Jared and Jensen are indubitably straight, r98.

They're as straight as Simon Cowell.

After all, babies are the ultimate proof.

by Anonymousreply 10008/02/2013

I think it is pretty obvious this is Andrew Garfield, the way it is worded and the issues that concern him fit his personality.

He's too fragile for Hollywood, he should leave and should never have got in. By fragile I mean human, which is a invaluable quality and which so many of us lack. But this is not a quality for Hollywood, not at all. He had a very good career in Britain until then. And he can still have that, and a career in Europe and international movies with his insane talent for accents.

Andrew Garfield was the best choice to make Peter Parker. But Hollywood cannot make an honest Spider-Man film. Garfield is completely right about the implications of Peter Parker being gay or bisexual. This is after all the only superhero I was ever interested in as a kid, so this is pretty telling. But Hollwyood as it is won't let him make him that way, even though it's true. Peter parker is the underdog, so he should be a young gay teenager. Of course, it makes sense. And Andrew Garfield is smart enough, committed enough, and has the sensitivity to see that. He's wasted on Hollywood, they will have no clue what to do with his talent except destroy the human being.

The human being comment screams Andrew. I'm so sure it's him it makes me wanna cry because I had no idea he was so unhappy, although I knew from the moment he said yes to Spider-Man, this was the direction it would be headed.

Andrew, you deserve better, and better is not more money or more fame and you know that full well. And your girlfriend will be fine, and you can remain friends. Good luck. And don't end your life over this, it is so not worth it and there are so many other ways. You are so talented your place is just not in Hollywood, I could have told you that.

With your talent for languages you could act in any film anywhere in Europe or Latin America. It will be a lot more interesting for you, that's for sure.

Best of luck, don't give up, and take care of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 10108/02/2013

And not to mention theatre. If this is who I think it is, he could be doing theatre all-year round. He certainly has the talent and the training for that.

by Anonymousreply 10208/02/2013

Seems genuine. The thoroughness, and iterations of 'terrible' and 'terrify' make the issue look heartfelt.

'Faggots don't make it in this town' means shut up and beard, but the actor has to know that it's not true. He surely knows from his out peers' gossip who's in the same boat, and coasting, or at least afloat. There are closets of varying opacity.

His conscience though won't allow him to coast. In a way he's lucky to have the choice between two versions of 'wholeness' - many haven't got even one. Most lives involve compromise.

He could have it both ways: ride the good times, follow the craft he loves, get a good accountant. Set a deadline, then use his experience and articulacy to be the role model he wants to be. He could sort of have it all, but probably just not at the same time.

The first name that occurred to me was Garfield, and the prose-style could well have come from the UK/US upbringing he had.

by Anonymousreply 10308/02/2013

It's probably fake.

by Anonymousreply 10408/02/2013

This read like somebody wrote it wanting it to sound like someone else.

Fail.

by Anonymousreply 10508/02/2013

Here are some interviews with Emma Stone discussing paparazzi.

If this is AG, I hope he knows that he will still be loved and respected if he comes out.

by Anonymousreply 10608/02/2013

All I can say is I love AG, and always have.

by Anonymousreply 10708/02/2013

Andrew Garfield said he thought Spider-Man should be gay. If he himself is gay, he would NEVER float this idea out there.

Except for the movie actor clue, I would say Matthew Morrison, who just got engaged.

I wish it was Ryan Gosling, but he doesn't seem to do that much navel-gazing. He seems perfectly happy keeping everything a secret.

I would say it's Logan Lerman of the Percy Jackson movie but he's not dating anyone famous, I don't think?

This is the kind of boring talk that is typical of James Franco.

How about Jason Sudekis, Emile Hirsch, Casey Affleck, Josh Hutcherson, Chris Pine, Elijah Wood, Ben Foster? Just names that come to my head, not sure if it fits any of the clues.

by Anonymousreply 10808/02/2013

R101 terrifies me.

by Anonymousreply 10908/02/2013

some of you have made some convincing in argument of Andrew Garfield. But I don't know since it seems too easy and I think these rumors spread pretty fast so if its true I think his agent/PR will be quite pissed off.

From reading this the actor seems like he has a conscience and is decent human being, so I don't get why he would continue or start a relationship with a girl. Won't that add to the guilt and unhappiness on top of not being able to come out? Can't the actor just keep it lowkey in public and play along with fake PR relationships, at least this way they won't be hurting/involving even more people. Also in the case the actor comes up in the future he will not appear a bad guy the strung girls along his act.

by Anonymousreply 11008/02/2013

[quote] Andrew Garfield said he thought Spider-Man should be gay. If he himself is gay, he would NEVER float this idea out there.

By what compounded reasoning? Daniel Craig has said the same about James Bond, and I know for a frigging fact (yes, fact) that Craig had a boyfriend pre-Rachel Weisz.

by Anonymousreply 11208/02/2013

You seem easily terrified, r109. They have pills for that now.

by Anonymousreply 11308/02/2013

Snap out of it, R109.

by Anonymousreply 11408/02/2013

I agree with R96, I think this confession is fake. What movie actor would right something like this?

by Anonymousreply 11508/02/2013

Or write, even.

by Anonymousreply 11608/02/2013

R91, you may be on to something. But as R77 alludes to, we need to look at the macro. We don't know what date this was actually written or submitted. The big lie to throw people off is the 'American' part. That's a red herring that a lot of people are focusing on. Also, a non-American (ie. British) actor, who has played American many times, damn well knows how to write in standard North American English, in oppose to British English. That's very easy. Also, again, the use of 'assuage' and 'disservice', I'm sorry to say, are too highbrow for our fellow "American actors" to use in a secret anonymous confession like this.

The key is WHEN was this written. Cavill and Carano were dating, and she's been with men before, and she wants to be a bigger star. Perhaps she got too emotional towards him and he got scared. His Superman responsibilities, no matter how much he wanted this career, is probably blowing his mind.

Then again, what the hell do I know? But I'm betting $5 it ain't an American.

ps. Anyone over the age of 14 right now in 2013 would know about the coming out process of Ellen DeGeneres, so scratch that off your list of trying to focus on this being an American.... it can be a non-American too!

by Anonymousreply 11708/02/2013

To me, this reeks of fakeness. In the very first sentence he says,"I won't tell you what films I've starred in.." I can not imagine a working actor in the business using the word "starred." Sounds like a wannabe fairy to me, with lots of time on her hands. However, the premise is interesting enough for other queens with as much time on their hands, to sit around pondering and guessing who on earth this might be. .. Have fun, ladies!!

by Anonymousreply 11808/02/2013

Chris Pine, he is good friends with out actors like Zachary, who came out because he couldn't resolve staying in the closet while gay teens were committing suicide, he wanted to be a good role model for gay teens, Chris seems like a sincere goodwill person. His fans "PineNuts" are crazy about him, that's why he cannot come out - maybe it's him.

by Anonymousreply 11908/02/2013

This is sad. Clearly the guy is in turmoil and yet no one in his life is helping him. All they care about is his money and fame. He's probably going to start drugs soon in order to cope.

So instead of trying to out him, perhaps we should just look forward to hearing about a deprssed celeb overdose in the next year or two ala Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 12008/02/2013

This is an actor who was catapulted into stardom but was not ready for it, and quite frankly was not made for it. He is hugely talented regardless. If I'd had the finances I would have flown to see his play last year.

He says "star" because he cannot quite believe it himself, much like he says American. And he's much better off NOT being a star. Because his character wore a MASK most of the movie, I doubt there are so many people who would recognise him in the street. Sadly he probably signed to 2 or 3 more movies of the franchise, making his life miserable in the process.

Run, Forrest, run!!

by Anonymousreply 12108/02/2013

r117, it was posted on Reddit on July 30, 2013. Are you implying that Henry wrote this back in April -- when he was still "dating" Carano -- and waited until now -- post-Carano and post-Kaley -- to post this?

by Anonymousreply 12208/02/2013

How about Justin Theroux and Jennifer Aniston. Works for me. I also think Bradley Cooper might fit this one, although I won't dispute the Liam Hemsworth suggestion. Cooper was "handed" Sooki Waterhouse and she is ridiculously young. I think it may be easier to hide it from someone who is either not real bright, like Aniston, or with someone who is younger and inexperienced.

by Anonymousreply 12308/02/2013

Even though the details are tweaked, why would he say "pay it forward?" 1. He said "younger" not "young" when Ellen came out. Perhaps "younger" to him could be in his 30s. 2. He said he had a "recent girlfriend." Perhaps "recent" to him could be in the 00s. And, even though they are no longer seen together, he still would not want to hurt her. 3. He said "long-time agent." Even though he's had quite a few agents, unfortunately, no agent wants to see their "star" come out. Perhaps he could be Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 12408/02/2013

Right on the money, R124. This sounds exactly like Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 12508/02/2013

Maybe it's one of those Vampire guys. Like Ian Somerhalder or Joe Manganiello.

by Anonymousreply 12608/02/2013

Thank you, r99. (That was my question.)

I'm starting to think this could be Garfield -- he's the right age and his American background (and mother) would allow for the American-ness of the writing style.

Only problem I have is Emma Stone. Based on her personality in film and in interviews, she strikes me as a smart gal who would know she's being used.

by Anonymousreply 12708/02/2013

FIRE YOUR AGENT

You're the talent, not him. You'll get work again. And doing projects that interest you more. You've made enough money already (just don't spend it all in one place! And easy on the drugs/booze)

by Anonymousreply 12808/02/2013

There are all kinds of smart. You can be smart and emotionally insecure. Or ambiguous yourself.

by Anonymousreply 12908/02/2013

.....Kevin Spacey?! his last relationship with a 'personality' was with Helen Hunt

and by the way the person phrases that he's dating a personality as opposed to an actress makes it seem like he doesn't have respect for her in a career aspect, Hunt won an Oscar and is a talented actress

if Kevin Spacey were the answer to this blind it would have to be the year 2000

I was going to go with R121 but then you just proved yourself to be a fool by also being R125

by Anonymousreply 13008/02/2013

Liam Hemsworth is Australian.

by Anonymousreply 13108/02/2013

Do a movie with Drew Barrymore. She's cool.

Or any other gay-friendly environment.

by Anonymousreply 13208/02/2013

oh should also add Spacey has had the same manager since the 80s and i'm pretty sure they are good friends and she would be respectful enough to not say faggot to his face

this blind item is for someone 20 years younger

by Anonymousreply 13308/02/2013

I was being ironic on Spacey. And protecting my boy (who very much needs protection, quite apparently).

by Anonymousreply 13408/02/2013

What about Benedict Cumberbach or WETH his name is?

by Anonymousreply 13508/02/2013

R127 he has stated that he thinks his gf knows

by Anonymousreply 13608/02/2013

[quote] the American-ness of the writing style

But my point is that the writing style is British, not American. I am a dual national myself who works as a copy editor (thus why I picked up the full stops outside parentheses - and no, this is something that a person really doesn't "adjust" when moving overseas - unless you're a copy editor you would probably never even notice it about your own writing). Look at my previous sentence - I was trained to put the parentheses just there from living here in the UK - even as a part-time American, this is a hard habit to break.

Whether this is Garfield or not, it very much reads to me like someone who is British-raised who now lives in the US.

by Anonymousreply 13708/02/2013

The movie he did which got him enormous recognition in what I like to think is his home country was his I Confess (Monty Clift, Hitchcock). And there are reasons he was so good in that role. I just don't want to see another Monty trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 13808/02/2013

You know what? Meet me in Locarno. I'll be there 9-14 next week. Or more specifically 11 and 13 (day passes).

Boggles my mind that someone who is so "surrounded" could also be so lonely and have no-one to talk to.

Not that I would make any difference.

by Anonymousreply 13908/02/2013

What R137 said.

Can we actually help this kid? The actor? Or is he drowning in a ocean of booze

by Anonymousreply 14008/02/2013

I'm an American and I use the full stop outside parentheses and quotation marks because I find it more logical.

by Anonymousreply 14108/02/2013

This has got to be Jonah Hill. I have always gotten a very strong gay vibe from him. And isn't he dating Olivia Munn?

by Anonymousreply 14208/02/2013

Bradley Cooper, hands down.

by Anonymousreply 14308/02/2013

[quote] I'm an American and I use the full stop outside parentheses and quotation marks because I find it more logical.

It is incorrect to do so in standard American English, and you're an extreme outlier. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 14408/02/2013

UGH i've heard plenty of people use that term. Do you live in a bubble?

Besides the actor doesn't want people to know his identity. This isn't a blind with film clues to guess who he is.

by Anonymousreply 14608/02/2013

R144 I went to school at an old school called First English for Elementary...IN AMERICA and I was taught the same way with the full stop.

Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 14708/02/2013

It's probably not him, but I too was born in 1974, and Ellen coming out was a big deal at that time. Noone was doing it in those days. Although Ellen eventually bounced back, she lost her job and many contacts at the time. Being the same age as diCaprio, I can say this time of life brings up existential crises. The long-windedness fits him. He has always been private about his life, and in a recent interview I read, he seems like he doesn't have a lot going on in his life, only movie making, which leaves more time for the stress of The Big Lie to weigh on him.

It could easily be any number of other guys, or someone has written a composite which really applies to many of the guys mentioned here.

I think it's important to read the original post and followup with fuzzy eyes, meaning, the side details aren't important. What is the gist of what's being said? Terrible guilt at the closet. Fear of losing a career (could apply equally to a younger star and a well-established actor who is still not out, such as diC).

Finally, I'm probably the only American who does so, but I put my . outside of the ), so maybe others do too. I guess I've been doing it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 14808/02/2013

[quote} “to doing massive movie shoots”

[quote} “I would rather you just watch the scene”

Other examples of British slang/phraseology in this "confessor"'s statements, which don’t necessarily *not* exist in US English (and would certainly be understood), but are not particularly common in standard American English.

I think the American spelling of “theater" is a red herring, personally.

I won’t add anything further on the matter of US/UK spelling and phraseology, however.

by Anonymousreply 14908/02/2013

Assuage? Sausage!

by Anonymousreply 15008/02/2013

[quote] I was taught the same way with the full stop

As an American, why are you calling it a "full stop" and not a "period"? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 15108/02/2013

R149 you believe what you need to believe.

by Anonymousreply 15208/02/2013

If this kid has depression, the pressures of stardom certainly won't help any.

Expand your horizons. Do smaller productions, but have many contacts, trusted contacts on valuable projects outside the "industry".

In this guy's age range there's one guy who is already filling out the spot, and it's Joseph Gordon-Levitt. So go do something else. The market will accomodate you if you have the talent (which you do).

You need to find better projects, though.

Festival circuit? Go the indie route. Find better friends. Find a mentor! (no, not Heath Ledger... Jake Gyllenhaal isn't an option either, although he could tell you what NOT to do)

by Anonymousreply 15308/02/2013

Yep, R154. America is widely used in Britain.

by Anonymousreply 15508/02/2013

I somehow doubt Bradley Cooper would give a shit about being a role model.

by Anonymousreply 15608/02/2013

You are literally just blowing smoke out of your gaping asshole, r154.

by Anonymousreply 15708/02/2013

Clearly you cannot think outside your own experience R154.

Not everyone is typical in the way you clearly assume, and not all language and grammar choices are made according to your rules.

You have a 'belief' and no matter what words one chooses you will persist in your 'belief'.

To my mind you are a ....(fill in the blank).

by Anonymousreply 15808/02/2013

Maybe it's Elijah Wood or Joseph Gordon Levitt?

by Anonymousreply 15908/02/2013

My guess is our actor is not reading this anyway. His agent must be working overtime doing damage control/issuing an ultimatum for our troubled star.

If I had signed a Faustian pact, I'd do the last 2-3 movies and get the HELL out of there.

How is this guy so friendless?

by Anonymousreply 16008/02/2013

All signs point to Andrew Garfield. He seems sensitive enough to have written this.

Kevin Spacey and Leonardo DiCaprio are too jaded. Liam Hemsworth is too young & Australian to have been affected by Ellen. Bradley Cooper flits from beard to beard so not seeing him worrying too much about his current one. I can't think of anyone else who dating someone known and feeling the pressure to get married.

by Anonymousreply 16108/02/2013

You know what? GO TO AVY KAUFMAN. I have a feeling she'd be great. I might be wrong. But she looks for talent and people, not figures I don't think.

by Anonymousreply 16208/02/2013

I was at a rather small lesbian themed event a few months ago and Andrew Garfield was there. I'd say if he was straight, he was the only straight person in attendance.

by Anonymousreply 16308/02/2013

Andy Andy Andy Andy... Just stop hurting yourself like this. We are there for you. All the comments here have been nothing but supportive. And fire that a*hole agent of yours.

by Anonymousreply 16408/02/2013

Garfield is probably the best guess. No one else mentioned fits as well. He also seems like the time who would do something like this.

by Anonymousreply 16508/02/2013

Here are more comments from the mystery man who's afraid to come out of the closet:

I LOVE acting. I LOVE going to work every day. I feel like it's the only thing that has given my life meaning. And that hasn't changed from when I was doing community theater and school plays to doing massive movie shoots. Unfortunately all that other shit is the price of admission. So far it's a price I've been willing to pay. I just feel terrible about that price on other people. I wish it only affected me but it doesn't.

There is pressure keeping me with her both ways. I said I think she may know, that's true, and I don't want to hurt her, but on the other side of things when you break up, you have tabloids and press trying to establish why things didn't work out, and that's difficult for both people. Its a terrible invasion of privacy during a hard time, and its inevitable/inescapable. It's selfish on my part, I know. I feel like a terrible person. But it also becomes arguably worse on her if we break up (she's had some pretty terrible experiences before meeting me with paparazzi).

by Anonymousreply 16608/02/2013

I love you, R167.

by Anonymousreply 16808/02/2013

"discrete"?

by Anonymousreply 16908/02/2013

Let's put the side issue to an end: I was taught in American (or U.S., if you prefer) schools and learned to put the period (or full stop) outside the parenthesis (like this).

by Anonymousreply 17008/02/2013

Oh it happens, R169.

by Anonymousreply 17108/02/2013

From a well-known film:

"I'm an innocent man. I spent 15 years in prison for something I didn't do. I watched my father die in a British prison for something he didn't do. And this government still says he's guilty. I want to tell them that until my father is proved innocent, until all the people involved in this case are proved innocent, until the guilty ones are brought to justice, I will fight on. In the name of my father and of the truth!"

I was 15 when I saw this and this movie was an earthquake.

by Anonymousreply 17208/02/2013

Gotta be sneaky though, gotta be sneaky. With them agents...

by Anonymousreply 17308/02/2013

[quote] : I was taught in American (or U.S., if you prefer)

At the risk of sounding finicky, I expressly stated that Americans use "American" as an adjective, and were less likely to use it when referring to a *nation*. So no, I don't "prefer" "U.S. schools" in this example, as it sounds quite wrong, particularly coming from someone who claims to be an American (I have my doubts).

by Anonymousreply 17408/02/2013

Is this going to be an American/British thread?

by Anonymousreply 17508/02/2013

Is Matthew Perry dating anyone. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that he recently attempted suicide and Steffi Graff talked him down.

by Anonymousreply 17608/02/2013

What about Justin Theroux. Engaged to Jennifer Aniston

by Anonymousreply 17708/02/2013

Oh, r174, please just go die in a grease fire at the bottom of an outhouse pit filled with radiactive piranha located at a summer camp for deaf children so nobody will hear your pitiful cries for help.

by Anonymousreply 17808/02/2013

Simon Cowell

by Anonymousreply 17908/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 18008/02/2013

Andrew Garfield Troll, I realise your heart is in the right place, but there's really no point in talking to AG as if he's reading this.

by Anonymousreply 18108/02/2013

R126, neither of those guys are gay.

R135, neither is Cumberbatch.

by Anonymousreply 18208/02/2013

Another outlier here, like R147 and R141.

by Anonymousreply 18308/02/2013

If you google "Andrew Garfield" and assuage you will see that the term has been used in a few articles about him and Spiderman. Perhaps he picked it up from that...

by Anonymousreply 18408/02/2013

This is turning into a British/US grammar thread? As long as it is not about key lime pie.

by Anonymousreply 18508/02/2013

I'm going with Leo. He would have been 22 yo when Ellen came out. Still a leading man.

by Anonymousreply 18608/02/2013

Perhaps it's really Queen Latifah. Change a few pronouns and it still doesn't make sense but neither do any of the other choices you bitches have put forth either.

It's a riddle that leads no where.

It needs more clues.

by Anonymousreply 18708/02/2013

Some hacker is going to find out who this is and whether it's real or not.

by Anonymousreply 18808/02/2013

Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant...

by Anonymousreply 18908/02/2013

[quote]terribly guilty

Not American. No way.

by Anonymousreply 19008/02/2013

Hugh Grant?

by Anonymousreply 19108/02/2013

If this is real (and I honestly doubt that it is) I think the Garfield guess is wrong because he seems to suggest he goes from one production to the next frequently. Spiderman 1 and 2 are the only movies he's filmed since 2010. Also he's been a TV Actor too in the UK. His agent seems to be British (I don't know if actors have more than one though?)and he seems to be only one of four of their clients (Scott Bakula, Anthony Head and Chris O'Dowd) who have/have had high profile work in the US. Those are just a few of the reasons I think this guess is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 19208/02/2013

Burt Reynolds? Is this about Mr. Burt Reynolds?

by Anonymousreply 19308/02/2013

"That one would have been the be all and end all of untimely celebrity deaths. People would have talked about that one for decades."

No one would be talking about Taylor Lautner for decades. Probably not Andrew Garfield, either. And certainly not Liam Hemsworth.

And that's why I think the whole thing is a fake. What young actor has achieved such mythic status that his untimely death would be so notable? I can't think of a one.

by Anonymousreply 19408/02/2013

You're forgetting that all actors like about their ages.

If the clues point to someone thirty or thirty-plus, look for someone who claims to be twenty-five.

by Anonymousreply 19508/02/2013

Pattinson, possibly. Then it's the PR's job to make everything sound more important and grandiose and timely than it is. Isn't your quote from another BI from a long time ago?

by Anonymousreply 19608/02/2013

Pattinson isn't currently dating someone famous, and never has.

No, I don't count the showmance with Babydyke Stewart as "dating".

by Anonymousreply 19708/02/2013

I was just trying to change the subject.

by Anonymousreply 19808/02/2013

This confession is bogus.

by Anonymousreply 19908/02/2013

Brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 20008/02/2013

I hate to join in with the grammar obsession, but I am American in every way. I've sometimes had poor education, and sometimes had good. I do all the things that are said to be British: outlier, terribly, assuage, American, rather. I'm not affected. I am an outlier because I too think it makes more sense (and I was taught that way in school). I think of myself as normal, though I have noticed that it seems I'm the only one who puts the periods outside of parentheses and quotes.

For the record, probably ALL of the gay stars feel (to some degree) guilty about not being out, particularly given all the suicides of gay youth.

If this is Andrew Garfield, he should stay closeted a little longer until he has a greater foothold with audiences. Consider showmances to be part of your acting job, in the short term. Taylor Lautner doesn't have a superb career ahead of him either way - stay closeted and milk the remaining time you can get from H'wood. When we lose interest, go ahead and come out. JGL - okay to come out, still have a career. Bradley Cooper - okay to come out, still have a career. diCaprio - totally okay to come out, still have a career. Elijah Wood, no prob. Everyone knows anyway. Cavill - don't know him well enough.

by Anonymousreply 20108/02/2013

It's Dakota Fanning.

by Anonymousreply 20208/02/2013

It's true we never thought about reversing genders. Who is she "dating"?

by Anonymousreply 20308/02/2013

Sounds like Taylor Lautner. If another blind is to be believed, Taylor wants to come out, but pressure makes it difficult.

by Anonymousreply 20508/02/2013

I don't think it's her though, and she's way too young to marry. Also she was 4 when Ellen came out...

by Anonymousreply 20608/02/2013

At this point, wouldn't it be more shocking if an actor came out as straight?

by Anonymousreply 20708/02/2013

It could be almost anyone ever speculated about on DL. The only details we have are LTR with a high-profile woman considered beautiful and "leading man status."

by Anonymousreply 20808/02/2013

I think Bradley Cooper fits too, but he doesn't seem suicidal to me (as if I'd know). On the other hand, there were rumors of violence in his marriage, so maybe he has emotional issues.

by Anonymousreply 20908/02/2013

Urggggh! r194 that was the CDN blind item that someone posted dumbass! This guy is talking in the first person and is NOT likely to say his death would be such an iconic impact NOR did he mention suicide on his post.

This REEKS of do gooder Andrew Garfield and NO, Emma Stone is NOT smart. Have you read ANY of her interviews?? But she is sweet and super talented. And she also buys into her and Garfield which shocked me as it was such an obvious showmance-she tweeted something about him flirting w some actress...it was bizarre and reaffirmed to me how...sweet but not all 'smarts' she is.

I also felt his thing with Shannon was again a best friends,on his part,in a relationship. He seemed to look at her like she was his best friend. And has she been out with anyone since?

And was I the only person really shocked by the off camera chemistry between Garfield and the Social Network guy???! It was off the charts and literally just google their names and look at the pictures tell me you don't think something is there.

Re from movie to movie, he has been in a few movies pre Spiderman but I also think this was the micro and not the macro part,which we need to focus ON.

Garfield did a lot of community theatre in LA when he first moved here, along with Eddie Redymane,they moved here straight after Uni and did local LA community theatre.

Garfield is FULL of Jewish guilt. You can throw as many names ass you want but out of all the people you have mentioned, he is the only person when he talks about an issue seems like he genuinely gives a shit. Pine, Hemsworth etc have not spoken about ANY cause or wanting to do right by ANY community...this person sounds inately concious.

The social media ref and how all his friends are on it, again, Garfield spoke at length about that when he was doing the Social Network-how all his friends were on SN...I actually think that was his cry for help clue.

Lastly, since my interest in AG a few years back, I noticed in interviews that he was always wrestling with 'something', be it mainstream vs indie or theatre vs movies or god knows what but he is a wrestler...like this guy BUT seemed to choose the mainstream blockbusters and movies....

Again Pine, Hemsworth, Pattinson etc never did community theatre or I feel genuinely LOVE acting. Garfield always talks how he LOVES acting.

After he randomly talked about Spider being gay-which I took for guilt for being in the closet...I knew they would make him back peddle and he did this to soften his own personal guilt, whilst trying to shed light on what happens in Hollywood.

I can't see him coming out any time soon with these Spiderman shit but at least after this note, I bet he sleeps better at nightish.

by Anonymousreply 21008/02/2013

[quote]First of all, I feel like I'm misleading my fans. I know a lot of women watch my movies to watch me, and part of that is fantasy, and I feel like it's all based on a lie. They do a lot market analysis in Hollywood. I get told about which demographics I do well with, and I feel like I'm misleading so many people, or letting them down.

Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 21108/02/2013

Pattinson did community theater

by Anonymousreply 21208/02/2013

Wait... what's that I smell?! Oh right, it's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 21308/02/2013

[quote]I suspect due to sentence structure (full stops outside parentheses, which is correct in British English and incorrect in American English)

In American English the period usually goes outside the parenthetical. Only if the parenthetical is a full sentence does it goes inside.

This writer is confused about how to put a full sentence inside a parenthetical.

[quote]But it also becomes arguably worse on her if we break up (she's had some pretty terrible experiences before meeting me with paparazzi).

Should have been: But it also becomes arguably worse on her if we break up. (She's had some pretty terrible experiences before meeting me with paparazzi.) [Such a lovely spot for a semicolon, but I digress.]

But as he wrote it, the period would go outside.

by Anonymousreply 21408/02/2013

R210, we should go to the movies together.

Didn't know about the Eddie Redmayne part, thanks.

I won't say any more because voice of Reason R181 told me not to.

by Anonymousreply 21508/02/2013

Also it's NOT Cavill. If you are knew to DL go on the old Cavill threads, he has been partying in Hollyweird for ages in gay haunts and was very happy! He also allegedly had a thing with Jakey G. NO WAY he was only been with TWO guys!!!

And Cavill no way cares about young gay kids, have you seen his interviews? The guy is icey as anything.

Cooper really? Name the longterm LOVELY girlfriend that he has now..or has EVER had?? Aniston??

And Lautner...riiight. Who has been his really sweet LTR??

Anyways, I'm off no one is looking at the macro but instead the micro. In fact no one is looking at any clues at all if we are throwing the names Cooper, Spacey, Lautner etc. This is Andrew Garfield.

FYI put Andrew Garfield's name on Tumblr. (Though I do think agents/publicists LIE to their clients about how popular they are with the opposite sex. This guy is being severely manipulated.)

by Anonymousreply 21608/02/2013

Some people are sincere and feel guilty when they're not. I won't say any more because he's outed enough as it is.

by Anonymousreply 21708/02/2013

BTW OP--One does not "confess" to being gay when one comes out. One does not "admit" to being gay. One proclaims.

by Anonymousreply 21808/02/2013

Enough about the punctuation!!!!!!!!!!

Or I'll start writing about Gillian Anderson and/or Julianne Moore.

by Anonymousreply 21908/02/2013

Also I don't think it's a case this guy is friendless, he actually mentions his friends in his post. So again another clue, this guy isn't a freak like most Hollyweird people....he talks of a social group and can write in English, plus he has a moral compass.

Again NON of the people apart from Andrew Garfield fit this bill. The Hemsworth are weird. Lautner is a weirdo with an even wierder stage Dad from Hell. I don't think Spacey would talk of his friends being on....social media. And neither Cooper. Plus lol'd at Cooper only sleeping with two men in his life! Hahah!

It's easier to talk to strangers then it is to the people you are closest to, especially if they are all in the same industry 'bbbut you're soo lucky' or if they don't get the industry 'what, so you mean Hollywood is fake??!'

Urgh. You don't bother.

by Anonymousreply 22008/02/2013

Exactly, R218. One proclaims. Fuck this.

by Anonymousreply 22108/02/2013

What about the part that says the actor was going to come out if the last movie hit it big, but it didn't so he tried to kill himself because presumably he didn't have enough professional clout? How is that Henry Cavill who has only been in a handful of films and the last one, Man Of Steel, he's been anticipating for over a year and has been a huge hit?

by Anonymousreply 22208/02/2013

[quote]Also it's NOT Cavill. If you are knew to DL go on the old Cavill threads,

Oh dear.

[quote] He also allegedly had a thing with Jakey G. NO WAY he was[sic] only been with TWO guys!!!

Well, if it is him, he already lied about being American, so why not lie about (not) being a big ol' slut?

by Anonymousreply 22308/02/2013

Confession was the original wording/self-classification for the post though. Back to the guilt I guess.

by Anonymousreply 22408/02/2013

R210 is spot on. It's Andrew Garfield. He made that comment about spiderman being gay as a way to test the waters and because of a little defiance against his agent.

It's like he feels compelled to come out so much it's bleeding into his conversation. That's why he's writing on Reddit about this. And maybe he picked up a few tips from doing the social network on hiding his computer identity so he felt confident going on there.

by Anonymousreply 22508/02/2013

Where does it say he tried to kill himself? Quote please.

by Anonymousreply 22608/02/2013

It's not the same type of lie R223. And you know that full well. Macro/micro

by Anonymousreply 22708/02/2013

R210 I've put the tea on and telephoned for Mrs Fletcher so our input will be unnecessary soon but doesn't the 'actor' say he'd need to find another powerful agency for his career to survive? From what I can see his agent is from Gordon and French in London and looking at their client list they don't exactly look like Hollywood heavyweights. Best fit I think would be Gosling and only if by American actor he meant actor in American movies. It's far more likely to be a bored Reddit poster trolling the internet but the speculation is fun. I'm not saying Garfield is straight I just think for this to be him you have to ignore the 'macro' and 'micro' as you call it. The post in some ways could fit any big name actor but seem to fit nobody specifically (which is likely the point).

by Anonymousreply 22808/02/2013

Hayden Christensen.

by Anonymousreply 22908/02/2013

Besides, if you are part American then you are American.

I have two nationalities as well. Some of us are a mixture of different cultures.

In many cases it can make us more compassionate, or at least more open. We know there's not only one side to a story.

by Anonymousreply 23008/02/2013

R214, that was my entire point.

by Anonymousreply 23108/02/2013

George Clooney or Brad Pitt wouldn't claim they were "American actors." To state nationality in relation to Hollywood more likely than not means the person is not American.

He probably started off with that so people would immediately scratch off all non-Americans, esp. Brits who have run amok in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 23208/02/2013

It doesn't matter where the period goes. I've read enough stories by Brits trying to pretend they're an American and they can't pull it off. Sooner or later someone is going up the LIFT or being a WANKER falling on their ARSE attending UNI renting a FLAT with their best MATE.

This Reddit Post and all his answers were written with a lot of passion and with passion you're going to revert to the language that comes natural to you which in this case is American, not Australian, German or British.

by Anonymousreply 23408/02/2013

[quote] the language that comes natural to you which in this case is American, not Australian, German or British.

What? It's clear that his "passion" language (and I do agree with you regarding this) is British English - are you crazed? How is it American English?

by Anonymousreply 23508/02/2013

I think it's Chris Pine studied at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco. He says he prefers acting on the stage to films. Plus he is a hit with the ladies, Pine nuts are crazy about him.

Here he is on Ellen

DeGeneres asked, "What would you be looking for when you are looking for a woman?" Chris replied, “I don't know. I think anything that any normal man would be looking for: intelligence, beauty and a sense of humor. . . You have to be able to carry a conversation after the initial attraction kind of dies down."

by Anonymousreply 23608/02/2013

I agree with R232. An American actor wouldn't think it was necessary to describe himself as American.

by Anonymousreply 23708/02/2013

Just a nitpick, but Henry Cavill is not British. He's from Jersey, a British Crown dependency, but it isn't part of Great Britain or the UK.

by Anonymousreply 23808/02/2013

Just as a woman falling to her death is really about NY neighborhood snobbery, a closeted actor's confession is really about punctuation.

by Anonymousreply 23908/02/2013

Oh for fuck sake, R238. Are you serious with this shit?

I'm gonna go with "Basque separatist." How about that?

by Anonymousreply 24008/02/2013

Quite, R239. An entire area of social studies should be devoted to the derailment of threads on DL.

by Anonymousreply 24108/02/2013

Could it be that his parents are Jehovah's witnesses? Just thinking out loud.

Or any other type of religious fundies.

by Anonymousreply 24208/02/2013

"Could it be that his parents are Jehovah's witnesses? Just thinking out loud."

It's the ghost of Michael Jackson

by Anonymousreply 24308/02/2013

R241, it's not about criticising the Confessor's punctuation; it's about the fact that, whoever he is, he is irrefutably British. I'm assuming that the copy editor/dual-national is accustomed to looking for such variation and pointed it out. Suddenly there was a great rush of posters stating how common it was to break standards. Hmm... AG's agent is British, you say?

by Anonymousreply 24408/02/2013

r226, yes that is a different blind item (it's at r16) and has been established to be about Taylor Lautner. But Lautner is not the author of this "Coming Out Confession."

by Anonymousreply 24508/02/2013

Lee Pace.

by Anonymousreply 24608/02/2013

[quote] it's about the fact that, whoever he is, he is irrefutably British.

it's also about the fact that your conclusion is based on a faulty premise. Americans also place the period outside the parenthesis (unless the parenthetical is a full sentence).

by Anonymousreply 24708/02/2013

Julianne Moore is a Goddess. And Gillian Anderson very fuckable and endlessly entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 24808/02/2013

^ I believe you are confusing parentheses with quotation marks where the rules do differ.

by Anonymousreply 24908/02/2013

[quote]Julianne Moore is a Goddess. And Gillian Anderson very fuckable and endlessly entertaining.

What's their stance on the Key lime Pie issue????

by Anonymousreply 25008/02/2013

R137, I don't think full stops inside or outside round brackets necessarily denotes "Britishness". What _does_ make the authir of the reddit piece sound British (or at least not quite American) are 1) his pluralisation of "the press", and, 2), above all his double present perfect in the sentence "I’ve been with two men since my career has started." Neither of these is impossible in American English, but they're pretty rare in "unscripted", non-literary American.

by Anonymousreply 25108/02/2013

Dude, we're talking about a full sentence here. And that us where the Confessor writes British, not yank, English. Why are u disputing that the star is using a British, um, convention - you've even agreed yourself!

by Anonymousreply 25208/02/2013

Thank you for your question, R250. Indeed I believe Julianne Moore was at her hottest in The Hours for reasons of storyline mainly, and this even though the film itself was laughable/a bore, while Gillian Anderson is very fuckable whichever way you take it. Preferably during the X-Files bout, because she had shorter, red hair and it suited her fine.

Also, I would like to take a moment to say that I once met the actor who kisses Natalie Portman in Paris, je t'aime.

by Anonymousreply 25308/02/2013

Could this be the time to start a thread on DL writers? I hear many DLers are in fact writers, and this could be an opportunity to pitch their products to us, the readers.

Some real talents here.

by Anonymousreply 25408/02/2013

Well, I'm no writer, but my instincts were telling me he's not American.

by Anonymousreply 25508/02/2013

My instincts tell me this is a fan-fic fantasy confession.

by Anonymousreply 25608/02/2013

Yes, this is most likely bullshit from a desperate for attention loser, but let people have fun just in case. And apparently fun is arguing about the differences between British and American English,

by Anonymousreply 25708/02/2013

I don't know how any of you queens haven't thought of it sooner: this is obviously Sir Derek van den Bogaerde, stage name Dirk Bogarde. The lady friend, need I say it, is Capucine.

And this is 1961.

by Anonymousreply 25808/02/2013

It's Liam Hemsworth.

by Anonymousreply 26008/02/2013

I think it's Gosling. He writes like him, if you've read any of his occasional Op Ed pieces. The latest was an editorial against factory farming.

His Canadian upbringing would explain some of the Anglicisms. He hasn't lived in Canada since he left to work for Disney when he was about 12 years old.

He's from North America and has lived in the US making American TV and movies for 20 years. "American actor" could signify that.

He also comes from a very conservative Mormon background, although he has made it clear he's not a Mormon anymore.

The thing that clinches it for me, though, is when he referred to terrible experiences that his long-term gf has had with the paparazzi. That screams "Eva Mendes" to me.

Finally, after he made "Murder By Numbers" with the much older Sandy Bullock, he served quite a long stint as her public "boyfriend." Where there's smoke, there's often fire.

by Anonymousreply 26108/02/2013

If Liam is gay, it would be hilarious considering the media storm over his supposed hook up with January Jones while still with Miley. Maybe Miley is bringing him to couples therapy(the latest rumor) to see if he can be turned straight.

by Anonymousreply 26208/02/2013

I like your Gosling exposé, R261.

by Anonymousreply 26308/02/2013

Has Gosling ever done community theater?

by Anonymousreply 26408/02/2013

Thanks, R262.

Here's an interview with 12-year-old Ryan Gosling as he's leaving Canada to work with fellow child performers Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, and Cristina Aguilera on the Mickey Mouse Club at DisneyWorld in Orlando.

Forgot to mention that he was hazed so mercilessly at school for being a young boy interested in singing, dancing, and acting that his mother actually pulled him out of school and home-schooled him for a couple of years before he left for Orlando.

by Anonymousreply 26508/02/2013

[quote] First of all, I feel like I’m misleading my fans. They do a lot market analysis in Hollywood. I get told about which demographics I do well with, and I feel like I’m misleading so many people, or letting them down.

I find this interesting. I first assumed he meant young women that he was misleading; now I wonder whether he means his demographic is young gay men, and that he is misleading them. Does Spiderman have a gay-geek fanbase? Or does Gosling?

by Anonymousreply 26608/02/2013

Lots, R264, back in Ontario. And plenty of Mormon talent shows, too.

by Anonymousreply 26708/02/2013

[quote]I also feel terribly guilty because I know there are so many gay kids out there and I feel like by not coming out, and not providing that public display of being gay and being successful I’m letting them down.

This tells me he's (she's?)youngish and his primary audience is kids/teens. I don't think Ryan Gosling sees himself as someone who's looked up to by "kids".

by Anonymousreply 26808/02/2013

Wow, hats off bitches. Almost 300 posts in a day or so.

by Anonymousreply 26908/02/2013

Here's the original source of the "confession" accompanied by a blurred out pic. Don't know if it's a real selfie, but it doesn't look like Gosling.

by Anonymousreply 27008/02/2013

r266, if it's Gosling, perhaps he's referring to the fan base of lovestruck women he gained from starring in that schmaltz-fest, "The Notebook."

by Anonymousreply 27108/02/2013

Brad Pitt?

by Anonymousreply 27208/02/2013

If it's a real selfie, he's wearing sunglasses before he blurred it (I just minimised it and that becomes more evident). Doesn't look like Gosling. But could look like Garfield with the heavy brow.

by Anonymousreply 27308/02/2013

To be fair, I wrote most of them.

by Anonymousreply 27408/02/2013

I'm only on page 11 but I haven't seen him mentioned - Daniel Radcliffe? Does he fit?

by Anonymousreply 27508/02/2013

Daniel. Radcliffe. I mean sure, why not?

by Anonymousreply 27608/02/2013

Daniel is too cool with the gays. I believe he's straight but a London theatre boy.

by Anonymousreply 27708/02/2013

This has been posted on Reddit for our mysterious actor. I found it quite beautiful:

I was in your shoes once. I joined the Navy under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." Boot camp, initial training schools, and shipboard life all put me in extremely close and constant contact with my fellow sailors. I had to watch what I said and what I did very nearly every single moment for six years. My shipmates at work had a very skewed impression of who I was because I had to keep very large parts of my personal life to myself. I had to maintain the facade constantly and also lived in constant fear of a slip up. Slip ups happened, as I am sure they have happened to you. I spent restless nights going over them in my head, worrying that my career would end in an instant.

I was great at my job, got consistently great recommendations, and loved being in the Navy. However, the psychological toll was too high. I invited the guys who worked for me out for beers on the evening of my last day and came out to them all at once. Some said they knew, others said they didn't. Everyone was really supportive. Living openly removed a huge weight from my shoulders. I could be who I genuinely was. I knew people who were my friends were really my friends and honestly accepted me for who I was, rather than who they might have thought I was.

It is very difficult being in the closet. It requires a lot of energy to maintain. Once you are out on the other side, it is difficult to remember what you actually feared, because the level of support you receive and relief you feel is extraordinary.

As other have said, come out in your own time. It is safe out here, but it has to be something you want to do.

However, do not wait to talk to your significant other. If you are not comfortable telling her that you are gay, find some other pretext to break up with her. When you are ready to come out, contact her first and tell her the truth so that she doesn't learn it on TV. You each deserve to have loving, fulfilling, and honest relationships. So long as you are with her, you are preventing her and yourself from doing that.

Also, prepare for change by considering changing your agent. He has already demonstrated that he is not going to be on your side if you come out. There are a lot of agents out there. Find one who will support your decision and get you work when the time comes.

You can make these changes all at once. It's exhilarating to do so and will work out very well for you in the long run. You can also take them slowly to give yourself time to adapt to them, whichever you prefer. Either way, we're all supportive of you and will be right there to cheer you on when you are ready!

by Anonymousreply 27808/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 27908/02/2013

If that's really him then he appears to have darker hair.

This has to be a troll because if that's real, he must've been drunk when he did this.

by Anonymousreply 28008/02/2013

Or he's purposely telling his agent to piss off. Like he may have done in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 28108/02/2013

Let's be on the lookout for a young-ish actor to dump their representation in the next few days.

by Anonymousreply 28208/02/2013

Not Garfield if that's really him in the pic because Garfield's hair is much thicker than this guy.

by Anonymousreply 28308/02/2013

[quote] January Jones is a closet lez

Oh MY, I like *that* gossip.

(Making whatever the female equivalent to "Momma" comments are - "YUMMM.")

by Anonymousreply 28408/02/2013

What are you basing that first part of your post on?

by Anonymousreply 28508/02/2013

What who where what? R285

by Anonymousreply 28608/02/2013

Directed at r279.

by Anonymousreply 28708/02/2013

Dave Franco?

by Anonymousreply 28808/02/2013

An open response:

I feel for you. I really do.

Many before you have come to the point where staying in made him feel as shitty as you do. And you know what those of us who got to that point did? We came out. For most of us, it was the best thing we ever did.

It's time. Do it.

by Anonymousreply 28908/02/2013

Ah, so now this is a January Jones thread... She's hot enough, but I don't watch Mad Men.

I liked the suitcase episode, though.

by Anonymousreply 29008/02/2013

It's going to rain in 20 min! I'm so happy! It's been so hot these past few days.

by Anonymousreply 29108/02/2013

the blurred photo at R270 looks like jesse metcalf.

by Anonymousreply 29208/02/2013

My girlfriend has been watching Devil Wears Prada for the past hour and a half. I watched two scenes: the Vogue montage (briefly) and the bollocks! binge-eating scene from Emily Blunt.

by Anonymousreply 29308/02/2013

^That's... nice?

by Anonymousreply 29408/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 29508/02/2013

R51, claiming to be American when you're actually Canadian or Australian is more than "tweaking", it's complete misinformation, which seems to be the opposite of what this post's about. If the actor didn't want to give a "clue" away by saying he's Australian or Canadian then he would just not have mentioned his nationality.

If there is "tweaking" going on, I'd say it's something like "Public figures like Ellen DeGeneres coming out when I was younger made a huge difference to me", where "younger" is vague and could mean that he was a teen or in his twenties, although most people would automatically interpret it as when he was a kid growing up.

Other than that, the whole thing sounds made up - or this actor isn't as well-known as he imagines he is.

I also find it hard to believe that this woman he's dating doesn't realise that something is not quite right with their relationship, especially if "she expects to get married, the press expect us to get married". And, he must be deeply, deeply closeted if only a few people know, basically six people. So closeted that no one would ever suspect.

And, what's the "press" these days?

by Anonymousreply 29608/02/2013

With that pic, now I'm sure it's Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 29708/02/2013

This whole thing will end up being completely fake and written by some gay "activist" who wants it to be true.

by Anonymousreply 29808/02/2013

If it was Cavill, he'd be straight up lying about being with a "well known personality". Besides, no one gave a shit about Cavill when he was "engaged", so the part about the press' expectations would also be a lie. Sure, he's an actor and they all have an inflated sense of themselves, but that would be quite a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 29908/02/2013

Lots of people are deeply closeted. I knew a girl -wait, no, I went out with a girl - who before our fucked-up relationship had stayed for 7 years in a very intense relationship where only 3 people knew: her 2 closest friends from high school (who happened to be a lesbian couple, also clseted), and myself (because one of the other lesbians, who was my ex, had ratted when she shouldn't have). And that was it!!!! This happened 1997-2003 and she was 22-26.

by Anonymousreply 30008/02/2013

[quote]Besides, no one gave a shit about Cavill when he was "engaged", so the part about the press' expectations would also be a lie.

Bullshit. His lunatic fans had a meltdown when the engagement was announced.

by Anonymousreply 30108/02/2013

the photo at R270 also looks like chris pine

by Anonymousreply 30208/02/2013

you have to look at the length of the face and the hairline.

by Anonymousreply 30308/02/2013

Is this a PR stunt to keep us salivating until All Is Revealed over the weekend? If so, well done storytellers. I hope we have our third act by tomorrow evening (I won't have the time to go online on Sunday, my brother is visiting).

by Anonymousreply 30408/02/2013

He still wasn't as big of a name back then r301.

by Anonymousreply 30508/02/2013

I don't think the blurry pic is Chris Pine.

by Anonymousreply 30608/02/2013

r270's link is not the original source for this. If you scroll down you'll see "source: r/confessions" which links back to the Reddit post (which was posted July 30, whereas r270's link says August 1). The blurred photo is just there for imagery.

by Anonymousreply 30708/02/2013

[quote]Jesus, people still think Leo DiCrapio is gay in 2013? Really!?

The longer he goes unmarried and traveling with Lukas Haas, the more I think he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 30808/02/2013

Canada is part of America by one of its definitions.

by Anonymousreply 30908/02/2013

"American Actor" = Makes Hollywood movies

by Anonymousreply 31008/02/2013

Oh really? Jackie Chan makes Hollywood movies, so you'd call him an American actor?

by Anonymousreply 31108/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 31208/02/2013

Who is Elijah Wood dating?

by Anonymousreply 31308/02/2013

Elijah stays under the radar.

by Anonymousreply 31408/02/2013

[quote]Elijah stays under the radar.

He stays under everything, R314. He's a hobbit and he's a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 31508/02/2013

[quote]Elijah stays under the radar.

Was that a joke about his height?

by Anonymousreply 31608/02/2013

296 you know canadiens are american too

by Anonymousreply 31708/02/2013

R318 That you can even use that word in this the hallowed month of Michfest, well it sickens me.

by Anonymousreply 31908/02/2013

Some people are just throwing out random names instead of trying to find someone who fits the clues

by Anonymousreply 32008/02/2013

It's a sham. The original post was made in order to induce people to confess. Then who knows where those will end up, another website. With banner ads.

by Anonymousreply 32108/02/2013

It doesn't pass the smell test. I don't believe a big actor cares enough to sit down and right this.

by Anonymousreply 32208/02/2013

But maybe they care enough to sit down and write this.

by Anonymousreply 32308/02/2013

"Vin Diesel."

Let's turn this around a bit. What if it's Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson? Maybe he and Vin are a couple now. There have been rumors ever since Dwayne's "amicable" divorce. Since when are divorces amicable unless the woman is married to a gay or bi guy?

by Anonymousreply 32408/02/2013

"right this"

I weep for your generation.

by Anonymousreply 32508/02/2013

Maybe it's Justin Theroux with a very inflated opinion of himself.

by Anonymousreply 32608/03/2013

I'm surprised people are taking this so seriously without more verification it's for real?

by Anonymousreply 32708/03/2013

Even if this is not an actual actor, it could be someone close to an actor. Anyway, it could be an actor who is not that big but who believes (and is told) he is big because he starred in something perceived to be big.

As for Hemsworth (I don't believe it's him), as an example, I wouldn't recognise any of the two brothers if I crossed them on the street.

Also, we probably don't realise what it's like to run the "celibrity" circuit promoting a big movie, etc. It must be insane and quite a shock compared to the usual actor life (actor, not star).

This is not a star, it's an actor who believes he has become a star because of one movie and perhaps a few others, but no way can he "open" a movie. Him + other factors, yes. Him alone, no.

by Anonymousreply 32808/03/2013

Really, no one thought of DL legend Colton Haynes? Really?

by Anonymousreply 32908/03/2013

re 238 You should have read a bit further. Jersey citizens are British citizens, so Henry Cavill is British.

by Anonymousreply 33008/03/2013

Ellen aired here in Australia and her coming out was news here, too, r67.

Had schoolmates who loved the show boycott it when she came out.

by Anonymousreply 33108/03/2013

Or is smart enough r322.

by Anonymousreply 33208/03/2013

Colton Haynes isn't in a relationship with a personality with the media expecting the two to get engaged. Hes also not even that famous. Hes C list.

by Anonymousreply 33308/03/2013

Impressed by the use of "assuage"? Such low standards.

by Anonymousreply 33408/03/2013

Darren Criss

by Anonymousreply 33508/03/2013

My bf does not think it's Garfield, but I suspect it might be. The Spiderman comment seemed very impassioned and while he could have just been trying to prove is pro-Gay credentials, there was a lot of emotion behind it. The other clues seem to fit him as well.

by Anonymousreply 33708/03/2013

It must be a fake, According to all the gossip bloggers there are no gay actors in Hollywood anymore. Go to this months list of bis, 253 bis and only one is gay.

Entertainment Lawyer has in-ed every single actor under 40 in Hollywood, so I'm guess this "Confession" is a hoax.

by Anonymousreply 33808/03/2013

Okay so my first impression reading the blind is that he's in his 20s or 30s BUT he says hes been with a woman for awhile who is a personality and that the press EXPECTS them to get married. He also gushes about her saying she is beautiful and a wonderful person.

I still think its someone younger and highly likely to be Andrew Garfield...but what if its Brad Pitt?

All the hints I stated above...nobody downrighy expects Garfield to marry Emma Stone. And Gosling has only been with Mendes since what last year? And the media have only started mentioned wedding bells within the past few months? Which I think they mention about ANY couple once they hit the 6 month mark just to sell their mags/blog...

And the description of her sounds like Jolie. I can hear Pitt saying dear Ange is all those things.

by Anonymousreply 33908/03/2013

AND maybe he says when I was younger simply because when Ellen came out Brad can't even say he was young - he was in his 30s!

by Anonymousreply 34008/03/2013

Wasn't there a rumor Brad dated an architect around the time he married Jen.

by Anonymousreply 34108/03/2013

ALSO something I just glossed over he says he hasn't told many people and states he told two of his best friends that knew him before he became mainstream...Brad's parents are very Christian with his mom even speaking against same-sex marriage.

this actor isn't even out to his family or friends...its not a typical everybody knows and ok please set me up with a beard siutuation. This actor is literally leading women hes dating on and for god knows how long has been repressing himself. I actually now hope its someone in their 20s or 30s as opposed to Brad who is nearly 50!

by Anonymousreply 34308/03/2013

Having just re-read this so-called "confession" I'm even more convinced it's fabricated. Would a Hollywood agent really use language like “faggots don’t make it in this town”? Aside from the fact that "faggots" clearly do make it in that town, a Hollywood agent today is more likely to respond something along the lines of "what you do in private is up to you but the public needs to see you as straight".

Along with terms like "faggots" and referring to Hollywood as "this town", the use of the phrase "the press" is also pretty outdated. There is no "press" anymore, it's the internet, television, tmz, twitter, reddit, smartphones with cameras. In the replies, he also talks of "tabloids".

Aside from being fabricated, even if this "confession" were real, it wouldn't be Andrew Garfield. He would not describe himself as an American actor and it seems to contrived that he'd be saying that just to throw people off his trail. Moreover, if Andrew Garfield were deeply closeted I doubt he would be suggesting that Spiderman be gay or bisexual. And, I think if the "well known personality" girlfriend were an actress that would be stated.

If this confession is real, which I doubt, I think it's an older actor or someone who has maybe been in a few franchises and is well-known, but not famous or a huge star. Would an agent really turn down a gay A-lister, possible Oscar nominee, etc. simply "because the effort versus the money just makes it not worth it to him".

by Anonymousreply 34408/03/2013

R343, a) it's made up, b) it's not Brad.

by Anonymousreply 34508/03/2013

I do agree it could well be fabricated.

I don't agree with your other points though. A Hollywood agent who has god knows what ubringing and from an older generation may just well use the term faggot. He probably just used the term to get the point across.

They also just used the term press simply because um do you expect him to list all the different types that you mentioned? Media would be a more contemporary term. The term tabloids is still very much used, it includes all internet tabloids like Perez etc

Garfield mentioning a gay or bi Spiderman makes sense if he himself is gay. Look at bi and very publicly closeted Daniel Craig mentioning and trying to rationalize a bi Bond.

The gf in question may not be stated as an actress in order to throw people off.

And lastly and most importantly yes the agent would particularly if the actor is known as a heart throb - he mentions market analysis and the demographics he appeals to. An agent may not turn down an Ian Mckellen (not a heart throb, theatre vet, character actor) but they will turn down a gay Andrew Garfield.

by Anonymousreply 34608/03/2013

[quote]Aside from the fact that "faggots" clearly do make it in that town, a Hollywood agent today is more likely to respond something along the lines of "what you do in private is up to you but the public needs to see you as straight".

You really think Hollywood agents, are calm, PC and rational? And "faggots" don't make it in that town as out romantic leading men in film. Not yet anyway.

by Anonymousreply 34708/03/2013

[quote]Wasn't there a rumor Brad dated an architect around the time he married Jen.

It was a landscape architect. According to rumors, he lived with Brad.

by Anonymousreply 34908/03/2013

This actor, if real, grew up in the United States, not in Britain. His responses in the comments section show that. The spelling, for example, is American (womanizer, theater).

On agents he writes: "This is just how agents work in Hollywood. Agents don't represent you because they like you. They represent you because they can make money off you. And you accept that because they find you steady work. When an agent is a "power agent" (believe it or not your agent's name alone can get you a job when you're breaking out) they can often be so influential that if you leave them they can also break your career. I'm kind of stuck unless another big agent takes me."

I'm pretty sure Garfield could find another agent just like that.

Also, if Garfield's agent was so against him coming out as gay, he wouldn't be at all happy with his suggestions that Spiderman be gay. And, the actor making this confession is apparently "terrified" of his agent's response to him being gay.

Garfield started off on stage and also on television in the UK. On television, the "confessing" closeted actor writes that he's not in television and doesn't appear to have done any: "I look up to Ellen but we're in different boats. And top all that off with the different treatment of people in film and television. Television people are treated like shit sometimes in Hollywood but they also are held to a lower standard."

Also, he had made a name for himself and built up a solid reputation with his tv and stage work, in particular, and that helped him break into Hollywood. The confessor gives the impression that he was a nobody when he went to Hollywood and had to rely on his agent for everything.

On the girlfriend, our confessor writes: "There is pressure keeping me with her both ways. I said I think she may know, that's true, and I don't want to hurt her, but on the other side of things when you break up, you have tabloids and press trying to establish why things didn't work out, and that's difficult for both people. Its a terrible invasion of privacy during a hard time, and its inevitable/inescapable. It's selfish on my part, I know. I feel like a terrible person. But it also becomes arguably worse on her if we break up (she's had some pretty terrible experiences before meeting me with paparazzi)." Would Emma Stone really not be able to tell that Garfield is gay or just not that into her? Is "the press" really expecting them to marry? Is she, at 24, really waiting for him to pop the question? What were Emma Stone's "pretty terrible experiences" with the paparazzi?

In response to the comment "When I see gay actors portray straight characters on screen and do a damn good job of it, especially sex scenes, I admire their ability to act!" our confessor replies "But in the back of your mind you're thinking "They're gay but they are doing this scene so well!" I would rather you just watch the scene, and that is sort of the whole problem with Hollywood and being gay." That's a very "old-fashioned" view and one I doubt an actor who suggests he should play Spiderman as gay would hold.

by Anonymousreply 35008/03/2013

R343, I honestly don't think it's Brad. I doubt he would be this articulate.

As far as maturity goes, it sounds like someone who is in their 20s or early 30s. Could be someone who is about to turn 30, but still very much has the lifestyle of a 20-year-old.

by Anonymousreply 35108/03/2013

"Entertainment Lawyer has in-ed every single actor under 40 in Hollywood"

The Entertainment Lawyer is a nobody with no connections who makes up ten blind items a day to get page hits. He makes up straight blind items to please his straight female audience.

by Anonymousreply 35208/03/2013

I have to admit, I think it's fabricated. These closeted actors never ever, feel any guilt.

by Anonymousreply 35308/03/2013

Colour/favour/theatre/centre - these would be very obvious things that any half-cognisant dual Brit/U.S. national would be aware of and change. Hell, even Microsoft Word spellcheck can do THAT for you. It doesn't mean it's not Garfield - indeed it's word choice and phrasing that gives you away - and this fellow writing is clearly British-raised, even if it's a British-raised troll.

by Anonymousreply 35408/03/2013

It's me. I wrote it. I write pretty much all of these BIs.

by Anonymousreply 35508/03/2013

In terms of the spelling, i'm Australian and when i've worked anywhere in North America I will try and spell words how its spelt there as opposed to my home country.

by Anonymousreply 35608/03/2013

I'm as American as apple pie but I sometimes spell things the British way and the only reason I can think of why I do is that I've read a LOT of literature by British authors.

Colour, rumour, etc. feel like the more natural spellings to me.

So....take a British actor who reads American-authored scripts all day? It could happen.

by Anonymousreply 35708/03/2013

OMG! This confessional man, if he's real, specifically states he's American. Andrew Garfield was born in America but went to the UK when he was 3-years-old. He grew up, went to school, studied and began his career in the UK, where he has already built up a solid body of work. His dad is American, but his family lives in the UK. He's 30-years-old in less than three weeks and has only recently started working in the USA. Nicole Kidman was born in the US, lived there for the first three years of her life is an American citizens, but everyone, including herself, considers her Australian.

The only thing that makes this Andrew Garfield is your desperation.

By the way, Andrew Garfield's agent is an entire agency, Creative Artists Agency, one of whose lead partners is the very gay Kevin Huvane. Garfield doesn't have an individual agent who goes around hawking him for jobs, like the confessor does (another indiciation that the confessor is not in the big league).

If this confessional actor is real, he's "well known" but not famous.

R357, colour, rumour, etc. feel like the more natural spellings to you because they're the correct spellings.

by Anonymousreply 35808/03/2013

Zac Efron? I dont know who the beard could be, but he is an Ellen fan so I can see how that couldve impacted him. Plus he has the leading man status and a large teenage fanbase, he has a lot to lose by coming out.

by Anonymousreply 35908/03/2013

Garfield has very few projects in the pipeline.

The second Spider-Man.

The Scorsese movie about Jesuits (if that ever gets made).

An indie project where he plays a villain in the real estate business.

by Anonymousreply 36008/03/2013

Uhh . . . there are people who believe this is real? I guess the heart really does want what it wants.

by Anonymousreply 36108/03/2013

Michael Ball.

by Anonymousreply 36208/03/2013

The BI said he only told a few people. This is a youngster.

by Anonymousreply 36308/04/2013

R77 understands.

by Anonymousreply 36408/04/2013

Jason Sudekis and Olivia Whatshername.

by Anonymousreply 36508/04/2013

Probably some actor who thinks he is way more famous than he actually is.

by Anonymousreply 36608/04/2013

No doubt that includes nearly every actor in the business R366.

by Anonymousreply 36708/04/2013

Seriously, R338? That's pathetic, if true.

No wonder no one takes gossip bloggers as anything but shills now. They'd be an embarrassment, except it's not like it was ever a noble profession.

(But at least Ted C. used to get angry about the in'ings and out people in his BIs.)

by Anonymousreply 36808/05/2013

Perhaps R77 understands the situation, R364, but he does not understand the use of the subjunctive.

by Anonymousreply 36908/05/2013

Bradley Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 37008/05/2013

I don't give two shits, r369.

by Anonymousreply 37108/05/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 37208/18/2013

Don't know if it means anything, but Bradley Cooper seems to have a school girl crush on Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 37308/18/2013

R373 That's sort of like the inverse of the Tom Cruise/Rosie relationship.

by Anonymousreply 37408/18/2013

R373 So does everyone who goes on that show. You have to kiss up to Ellen. Ryan Gosling is particularly gross about it.

by Anonymousreply 37508/18/2013

Wentworth Miller?

by Anonymousreply 37608/21/2013

He didn't have a girlfriend r376.

by Anonymousreply 37708/21/2013

George Clooney, obviously. Boy you are all slow on the uptake.

by Anonymousreply 37808/21/2013

What about DiCaprio?

by Anonymousreply 37908/21/2013

Jared Padalecki?

by Anonymousreply 38008/21/2013

Clooney's not coming out until at least one of his parents are dead.

by Anonymousreply 38108/21/2013

Michael Pitt

by Anonymousreply 38208/21/2013

Jared Padalecki has been married with kids for a while.

by Anonymousreply 38308/21/2013

Write off Jake. He says he likes tits and ass. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 38409/15/2013

Is that you, Colton Haynes?

by Anonymousreply 38509/15/2013

Liam Hemsworth

by Anonymousreply 38609/15/2013

Ryan Gosling or Bradley Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 38709/16/2013

I'm with r96.

I don't believe this was written by an actor at all, but by a Hollywood insider (most likely a writer, possibly an agent or someone else who works with casting and talent management) who wanted to explain precisely how the bearding/ closeting imperative works. This reads like a philosophical, not a personal text -- the style is beyond most actors' capability (although there are some highly eloquent actors, I know), and the content is too generic, while at the same time going straight to the heart of the issue.

by Anonymousreply 38809/16/2013

So Miley reads the DL.

by Anonymousreply 38909/16/2013

R342, you are mentally challenged. Learn to recognize blatantly obvious sarcasm please.

by Anonymousreply 39009/16/2013

[quote]It was nice of Henry Cavill to share his feelings with the group!

I'm sure he is in a very comparable situation to the one described.

by Anonymousreply 39109/16/2013

Michael Pitt hasn't really gone out of his way to hide his sexuality in the past (check out older interviews) and his girlfriend looks like a man. Plus, I just don't think he would post here looking for help. He pretty much does his own thing. I think if he were gay he could come out as gay. But most likely he is bi.

by Anonymousreply 39209/19/2013

BI = Bullshit, Inc

by Anonymousreply 39309/19/2013

Zac

by Anonymousreply 39409/19/2013

Michael Pitt has always been somewhat eccentric and private, and it's kind of hard to know what the deal is with him.

by Anonymousreply 39509/19/2013

So, Zac Efron hasn't come out yet?

by Anonymousreply 39610/21/2013

Chris Pine?

by Anonymousreply 39710/21/2013

Give me some time to work on him, R396.

by Anonymousreply 39810/21/2013

"Anyone who uses the word "assuage" gets a pass from me." R5 - pass revoked for "discrete"?

by Anonymousreply 39910/21/2013

"Discrete" is a perfectly good word. It does not, however, mean the same as "discreet," i.e., tactful, keeping confidences secret, which is the way it was used by the OP. "Discrete" means separate, or consisting of unconnected distinct parts, as in "a government with three discrete divisions."

by Anonymousreply 40010/23/2013

American actors for the most part are dumb as hair, dumb & dumberer so to speak to quote the name of that movie.

This was not even an insider, this was a fantasy post by some writer on reddit who probably wants to break into the movie industry or is a writer in it.

by Anonymousreply 40110/23/2013

I figured one of the 'writers' from Buzzfeed or Gawker or something needed an 'article' quickly and made it up like half the crap they post. (They steal the other half.)

by Anonymousreply 40210/23/2013

[quote]One of his best friends said the actor tried to commit suicide about 18 months ago. That one would have been the be all and end all of untimely celebrity deaths. People would have talked about that one for decades.

I dont know if it would be the "be all and end all" but certainly if it is Cavill, it would be talked about for decades because it adds to the Superman Curse.

by Anonymousreply 40310/23/2013

If it's true, I still think it's Gosling.

by Anonymousreply 40410/23/2013

[quote]He is probably a B- list now because he has not done much since the big one. The one big thing that made his career.

[quote]He thought if his last project had been successful he could have, but it was not

Okay, so its someone who became almost A list on the merit of one film and has done little since then. If he thought his last film would have made a difference, then it must have been something highly anticipated.

What recently highly anticipated films were released that turned out to be less than expected?

by Anonymousreply 40510/23/2013

Cavill is far, far from A-list. No way it's him.

by Anonymousreply 40610/23/2013

[quote]Cavill is far, far from A-list.

Doesnt say hes A list. Says he was almost A list some time back.

by Anonymousreply 40710/23/2013

[quote] someone who became almost A list on the merit of one film

The Notebook, R404?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 40810/23/2013

He was NEVER EVER close to A-list, but continue with your fantasy if you must.

by Anonymousreply 40910/23/2013

[quote]Doesnt say hes A list. Says he was almost A list some time back.

What does "some time back" mean? This thread was started in August, Superman came out in June. I doubt "some time back" refers to less than two months.

I don't think it's Cavill anyway. I mean the guy may or may not be gay, but suicidal? I doubt it. By all accounts, the guy has a very close-knit, supportive family who have his back. As long as you have the love and support of the most important people in your life, suicide would not be an option, esp., if he's "out" to the people who matter in his life.

by Anonymousreply 41010/23/2013

R409 The only fantasy here is you thinking the subject was labeled as A list when clearly he never was.

by Anonymousreply 41110/23/2013

R411 Keep dreamin', sweetie. I'll check for his name when the Oscar nominations are announced.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

by Anonymousreply 41210/23/2013

Renner?

by Anonymousreply 41310/23/2013

Renner's bringing in bank, he's in a franchise, at the end of the day he's got nothing to be suicidal over.

by Anonymousreply 41410/23/2013

Gosling got a lot attention for Crazy Stupid Love in 2011, but then had a massive flop with Gangster Squad in January.

by Anonymousreply 41510/23/2013

Newsflash: Gosling is CANADIAN

A Canadian would never debase himself by saying he is an American.

As a Canadian, I can promise you this.

by Anonymousreply 41610/23/2013

He surely threw in a few wrong details in order to not make his identity too obvious. Changing Canadian to American would be one of the easiest ways to do that.

by Anonymousreply 41710/23/2013

I would guess Renner or maybe Adrian Brody?

Why not Daniel Radcliff?

by Anonymousreply 41810/23/2013

R416 is all uppity because suddenly we Americans don't get so pissed when we're stuck with a Canadian penny!

by Anonymousreply 41910/23/2013

Oh, he said he was American?

Then I guess Renner.

by Anonymousreply 42010/23/2013

The penny was discontinued in Canada almost a year ago, dumb American @ R419. If you got stuck with a penny, the joke's on you.

by Anonymousreply 42110/23/2013

But we accept Canada's old pennies. We need to discontinue ours but you know Americans...always behind, because we are SOOOO damn stupid.

by Anonymousreply 42210/23/2013

I can't stand Renner and I have no idea why he is a star. I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 42310/23/2013

Nice to know that Canadian sense of humor is still... lacking, R421.

by Anonymousreply 42410/23/2013

If you're a typical, ignorant American, the furthest you've ever travelled is to an all-inclusive in Nuevo Vallarta where you drank yourself silly with other, equally ignorant Americans, so I doubt you'd know much about Canadian humour.

I do get a kick out of you guys, though. I love fat people.

by Anonymousreply 42510/23/2013

R425, you're kind of a pill for no reason. I was being completely tongue-in-cheek @R419.

If you expect me to put down Canada, I won't since I've been to several cities including Vancouver (which I love), but go on with the cliched comments about ignorant, fat Americans... like I'd disagree or give a shit.

I was only making that old joke about the value of the Canadian penny, you hyper-sensitive, humorless tool.

by Anonymousreply 42610/23/2013

R423 agree he is so fucking ugly, he is only good at playing the trashy damaged guy.

by Anonymousreply 42710/23/2013

You can call me a tool if you like, R426. I still get a kick out of you.

xoxo

by Anonymousreply 42810/23/2013

Sounds like a false confession.

by Anonymousreply 42910/23/2013

Renner isn't intelligent enough to write it. It's some out of work writer.

by Anonymousreply 43010/24/2013

JESSE BRADFORD

by Anonymousreply 43110/24/2013

Isn't Jesse Bradford in a state of career death right now? He's definitely not B+, if he ever was.

by Anonymousreply 43210/24/2013

Jesse Bradford was hot in Swimfan if I'm thinking of the right person.

by Anonymousreply 43310/24/2013

Yes and Swimfan was actually quite good...really thought Jesse and the crazy girl would go on to big careers, as the movie was a huge hit.

by Anonymousreply 43410/24/2013

I need to be dazzyling.

I need a Golden Globe.

I need cake.

by Anonymousreply 43510/24/2013

sorry to bump this but I SERIOUSLY think this BI is about Chris Pine. He is very eloquent and intelligent (surprising I know, given his pretty boy looks) and this sounds like something he would write. He is also very good friends (they've called each other their best friend) with Quinto. Not that being BFFs with a gay man is an indication, but could easily be his gay friend that has 'been through this before'.

He also has said he goes to therapy and there have been several other BI that seem to indicate it's him.

He was dating a women for several years (and broke up in 2013, when this BI came out) that he was never engaged to. Is a serial dater that never seems to settle down with anyone but dates attention whores who want a piece of dat fame.

Theres already gay rumors and have been for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 43603/16/2015

So, Chris Pine never came out?

by Anonymousreply 43704/04/2015

Only the Brit's use "terribly" as an intensifier. This actor is British. Hence why it was so easy for him to reach out to the other British actors who came out: Rupert and Ian.

Who are the guesses for British closet cases?

by Anonymousreply 43804/04/2015

IMO - stating they are an American actor is an intentional misdirect. No American actor feels the need to identify as an American.

by Anonymousreply 43904/04/2015

Well, whoever it was, they obviously decided not to come out.

by Anonymousreply 44004/04/2015

It's Matthew Goode.

by Anonymousreply 44104/04/2015

"terribly" is exclusively British? Bullshit. I think it's Chris Pine. He's the type of show off who would write something like that.

by Anonymousreply 44204/04/2015

Stop whining and come out.

What's the worst thing that could possibly happen to you? What could possibly "terrify" you? That you won't perhaps be an A list Hollywood mega movie star but merely a rich celebrity actor in film, television and theatre?

God, what a horror that might be!

Get over your fucking self!

by Anonymousreply 44304/04/2015

Did we already discuss Owen Wilson?

by Anonymousreply 44404/04/2015

R438 Chris Pine studied abroad in England, just saying. When you work with people from other countries you also pick up their slang. I said "bloody hell" all the time and i've never been to England.

by Anonymousreply 44504/06/2015

Wasn't this supposed to be Andrew Garfield? He was fired from Spider-Man, anyhow. Never mind that he was the best actor who ever played the role.

by Anonymousreply 44604/07/2015

How does someone know "assuage" but not the difference between "discreet" and "discrete"?

by Anonymousreply 44704/07/2015

R447 - To be fair, I make goofs like that all the time.

Garfield has split up from Emma Stone now, so it'd be interesting to see if he pairs up with another actress or goes solo.

by Anonymousreply 44804/07/2015

After being fired from Spidey, of course he was going to split up with the lezzie friend he was bearding up with...

I wish him the best cause he's a good actor. He'll rebound.

And she's a fine talent too, so we'll see where this goes. That this hypocrisy must continue in this day and age... Just proves how conservative we still are.

by Anonymousreply 44904/07/2015
Need more help? Click Here.