Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Finally caught up to series finale of The L Word

They didn't reveal who murdered that little bitch? What a cop out.

by Anonymousreply 1808/02/2013

That whole show was a mess. I'll take Six feet Under or Californication over this any day.

Actually seasons 1 and 3 from Californication were very good.

by Anonymousreply 108/01/2013

The show was uneven, and often a mess.

by Anonymousreply 208/01/2013

I loved the show when it first aired, recorded every episode and would usually watch them a couple times during the week. Even the character Jenny wasn't too bad... at first. Then it just stopped being good, like TPB just didn't give a crap anymore, story lines that came out of nowhere and went right back to nowhere and too much focus on that actress who played Jenny, that couldn't really act, the one that ended up dead. I kept watching hoping it was just a bad episode, a bad storyline, a bad season and hoping they'd pull it together. Every once in a while they'd have an interesting episode that looked like it could redeem the show, or the start of a storyline that seemed like it would be good only to drop it like it hadn't happened only to go back to the staid, stiff, boring plots they already had going. Only good thing that happened was when they killed Jenny off, but by then I didn't care anymore. By the end it had turned into a REALLY bad lesbian soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 308/01/2013

OP the way it was set up, was to spin-off one of the characters into their own show. Set in a female penitentiary.

Pilot was made starring the actress who killed Jenny, but Showtime didn't pick it up.

by Anonymousreply 408/01/2013

Oh, right, now I remember, was it Leisha Haley (Alice)? Is she doing cartoon voices now? Jenny was so right about Alice pursuing that line of work.

by Anonymousreply 508/01/2013

I could never watch an entire episode...and I wanted to! I just liked about four of the actresses. Didn't really like the characters or plot. Hated the dialogue. Way too p.c.

by Anonymousreply 608/01/2013

R5 yes

by Anonymousreply 708/01/2013

I only watched for Shane.

by Anonymousreply 808/01/2013

Jessica Capshaw (Nadia) and Jennifer Beals (Bette) together

by Anonymousreply 908/01/2013

R3, because Jenny was Ilene, right? That drove all of us (who were loyal to the show) insane. I watched and bought every episode of that, as I did QAF, because I want to support gay-made and gay-focused TV/movies, but...

... it wasn't very good after the first few episodes. I did like Tina and Bette finally getting back together, not because I cared, but because the characters had never gotten over each other, and their other relationships (especially the straight one; that storyline sucked) didn't ring true the same way.

See, I can still get into a discussion of it, though! I miss there being a show like this on.

I even watched The Real L Word for the same reasons, and that didn't even have good acting.

by Anonymousreply 1008/01/2013

Jennifer Beals did great work on that show. She acted circles around everyone else. And for a straight actress she had no hesitation with the kissing or sex scenes. I didn't care for Tina, just didn't like the character. I only watched til the end of season 2. Youtubed the rest.

by Anonymousreply 1108/01/2013

That crazy attention-whore killed her damn self!

by Anonymousreply 1208/01/2013

Jennifer Beals is very much underrated. She's also maintained her looks - she's going to be 50 this year.

by Anonymousreply 1308/01/2013

The pilot had Alice(Leisha Haley's character) ending up in prison for the murder, but I think the intended twist was that she was innocent and was taking the fall for Bette(Jennifer Beals' character).

Jenny was quite funny and entertaining in a batshit crazy sort in the later seasons. She started off as almost the heroine of the show, being a naive woman who was late in discovering her sexuality which was a really boring arc. When they started writing her as a bitchy, manipulative hack, she was so much more fun. I'm sad they killed her off. The "Alice in prison" idea sounded terrible! Glad it fell through.

by Anonymousreply 1408/01/2013

R14, does it really sound like a bad idea?

Probably under the same writers, but with good ones it could've been the original Orange is the New Black. Yeah, but with the same writers it would've probably sucked.

by Anonymousreply 1508/01/2013

Jessica Capshaw was beautiful in an unusual manner.

by Anonymousreply 1608/01/2013

Jenny's OTT craziness was hilarious

by Anonymousreply 1708/01/2013

I agree with R15, with different writers (good ones) the show could have been amazing

by Anonymousreply 1808/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.