Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Does anyone here do it? It seems like kind of a rip off and something that celebs feel cool saying they do... from what I've read it also sounds kinda unsafe. I'm surprised no one has died or been seriously injured yet.

by Anonymousreply 308/01/2013

I've done Flywheel, which is the same thing, minus the emphasis on the bullshit "spiritual" aspect of riding. It's nice that it includes an arm workout, but it's definitely not something I would pay $30+ a pop for on a regular basis when I can attend spinning classes for free as part of my gym membership.

Safety-wise, I'd say it's no more or less safe than using most exercise equipment--there's a potential for injury if you use the bike recklessly/incorrectly, but you should be fine if you follow the rules.

I did ask at the Flywheel front desk if anyone had ever dropped dead during a class. I meant it mostly as a joke, but the receptionist got a funny look on her face and admitted that in fact, somebody had died at one of their other locations, "but he had an underlying heart condition." You could definitely overexert yourself if you are out of shape and try to keep up with everything the instructor suggests, but of course, you are free to go at your own pace and set the resistance at a level that's comfortable for you, and the instructor will repeatedly remind everyone of this.

Basically, it's just spinning with hand weights and extra-fancy bikes, and yeah, kind of a rip-off.

by Anonymousreply 108/01/2013

Soulcycle is only for rich people. The classes are reservation only and they're hard to get into if you're not of "a certain class."

by Anonymousreply 208/01/2013

Anyone able and willing to pay 35 bucks to attend a SoulCycle class can make a reservation and go to the class, dopey.

by Anonymousreply 308/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!