Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Christiecrats: NJ Democrats flocking to Chris Christie's re-election campaign

Chris Christie will win a landslide re-election with some 70 percent of the vote in a state where registered democrats outnumber republicans over 3 to 2. Democratic leaders are already flocking to endorse the governor.

I love all the clueless queens on here who thought that Christie would have to endorse marriage equality if he wanted to win; or that being anti-gay marriage would somehow hurt his chances.

Yeah, 2008 was a progressive year and the electorate has become more accommodating of gay rights, but don't forget marriage is not, and probably will never be, a 'major' issue for most democrats, meanwhile half of everyone still opposes marriage equality, often with more ardor

by Anonymousreply 2208/02/2013

Uh, no.

by Anonymousreply 108/01/2013

NJ Dems should be ashamed. Besides the gay issue, he passed on federal funds for education (he wanted to screw the teachers), cancelled the tunnel project (economists said it would add billions in stimulus)and withheld $300 million of federal funds to help homeowners in need. In the meantime he will not raise the minimum wage or increase taxes for the very wealthy. Until the storm last year NJ was the 4th worse in unemployent.

I'll give him credit for the storm but the Democrats need to remind the state what he has done.

by Anonymousreply 208/01/2013

Us New Jerseyites have never been able to elect a decent governor.

by Anonymousreply 308/01/2013

We New Jerseyans are proud of our educational system. Just look at the verbal creativity of R3.

by Anonymousreply 408/01/2013

Unfortunately, many people vote on the basis of personality, not policy. They forget he will have to govern our state in a way to appeal to Republican primary voters.

by Anonymousreply 508/01/2013

I think ultimately, providing his stomach bypass pays off, Christie might actually be the republican nominee in 2016. Early conservative states like South Carolina and probably Iowa will be ceded to Rand Paul, maybe split between he and Rubio, but Christie will have the best shot at the mainstream ones, even a chance in Florida

by Anonymousreply 608/01/2013

Style over substance.

by Anonymousreply 708/01/2013

Any New Jerseyan stupid or deluded enough to vote for that abrasive, rude, loudmothed fat fuck derserves what they get. The tragedy is that those smart enough to know better will have to suffer along with it.

by Anonymousreply 808/01/2013

Confirmed: People in NJ really are fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 908/01/2013

[quote]Unfortunately, many people vote on the basis of personality, not policy.

So they want someone with bullying qualities to lead them? Nice.

by Anonymousreply 1008/01/2013

Give I more info, if you have it. Or tell he if you want to.

by Anonymousreply 1108/01/2013

He's not just a bully. People appreciate that he does not talk like most politicians. He actually says what is on his mind. He's not afraid of offending anyone. Kind of like a Republican Barney Frank.

It's just too bad he has to play to the Republican base.

by Anonymousreply 1208/01/2013

Chris Christie is sure to either win in a landslide or cause one.

by Anonymousreply 1308/01/2013

Did anyone listen to the report?

Christie has a 61% to 29% lead in the polls.

He is a governor with line item veto power.

He has a well deserved reputation for being an asshole.

Of course local elected Democratic Party members are supporting him. They don't want their line items vetoed along with education and women's healthcare.

You can be sure the Christiecrats will all get nice television spots during primary season in conservative ads - and if Christie gets the nomination they will be running for cover during the general election.

by Anonymousreply 1408/01/2013

R12 Which makes it even more ridiculous people would vote for the pig. He doesn't hide the fact he's an asshole, and yet people still will vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 1508/01/2013

The lap-band surgery notwithstanding, he still looks like he is one cronut away from a coronary.

by Anonymousreply 1608/01/2013

Has he lost even an ounce?

by Anonymousreply 1708/01/2013

They are STUPID. Check his actual RECORD before you anoint him king or whatever, he is NO friend to liberals, R2 is right.

by Anonymousreply 1808/01/2013

[quote]Confirmed: People in NJ really are fucking idiots.

No Fuckin way!!

by Anonymousreply 1908/01/2013

Snooki is a New Yorker

by Anonymousreply 2008/01/2013

I love this thread... with all my heart. I love my Mom (God Rest Her Soul, Motherfuckers!!!), and I love God... whom I think may have done something anal to the Philistenes but I can't remember what went on in high school...

by Anonymousreply 2108/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 2208/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!