Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rob Lowe quits.....again!!!

First The West Wing...than the Sally Field Program now Parks.

by get herreply 7008/05/2013

Wasn't "Parks & Rec" supposed to be cancelled or only come back for a short season? Maybe Lowe and Rashida Jones made other commitments and then NBC came back with a full season order. But there have been BIs indicating Lowe and Poehler don't get along.

by get herreply 108/01/2013

I'm more disappointed about Rashida Jones leaving. She doesn't play a laugh out loud character, but I think her character anchors the rest. She's the only "straight man" in an office full of crazies. That kind of role is always underappreciated, but almost always necessary. It will be interesting to see how it works without her

by get herreply 208/01/2013

I don't know much about rob Lowe other than he looks great for his age. But he does seem to leave any series he's in early, although that's his perigatove and he's certainly not the first to do it.

What's his reputation like? Is he difficult to work with? Does he have a huge ego? Does he just like variety?

by get herreply 308/01/2013

[quote]that's his perigatove

LOL!!!!

by get herreply 408/01/2013

NBC is supposed to be developing a project for Lowe. Not sure about any behind the scenes gossip (I, too, read online that there has been gossip that Poehler isn't fond of Lowe). However, Lowe is the only P&R actor to submit himself for a leading actor in a comedy emmy. The other actors submit themselves in supporting. Poehler (rightfully so) submits herself as lead too. I don't think him submitting himself as a lead actor in the show has made him too many friends. The closest thing to a leading actor P&R has is either Nick Offerman or Adam Scott. Lowe does show jump a lot.

by get herreply 508/01/2013

His acting sucks

by get herreply 608/01/2013

he is creepy and weird on Parks. Hate his character.

by get herreply 708/01/2013

[quote]owever, Lowe is the only P&R actor to submit himself for a leading actor in a comedy emmy.

he used to do that on the Sally Field program too where Sally was the only other lead....even Calista Flockhart submitted for supporting.

by get herreply 808/01/2013

I thought he was a sore thumb in an otherwise functioning hand.

by get herreply 908/01/2013

Rob Lowe sucks the life out of every shoe he's in.

by get herreply 1008/01/2013

He has a lot of goodwill from me for Behind The Candelabra.

by get herreply 1108/01/2013

He was the worst thing about Brothers and Sisters and he was the worst thing about Parks and Rec.

He is very self-conscious actor.

But his has a HUGE ego. He left West Wing because they weren't writing him to be the star.

by get herreply 1208/01/2013

Adam Scott is hot. Anyone want to start a thread on him?

by get herreply 1308/01/2013

Sorry, Adam Scott looks like a rodent.

by get herreply 1408/01/2013

Adam Scott has great hair. But that is it.

by get herreply 1508/01/2013

He is the canary in the coal mine.

by get herreply 1608/01/2013

I've never understood why Matthew Perry and Rob Lowe have had so many opportunities. They both keep falling uphill, and as soon as one show is canceled you read about someone developing a new one for them.

by get herreply 1708/01/2013

Let's see: Lowe did 84 episodes of West Wing, 78 episodes of Brothers and Sisters and 62 episodes of Parks and Recreation.

They were only network TV shows. You all are talking like he walked out half-way through doing open heart surgery.

by get herreply 1808/01/2013

He really is the worst thing on P&R - his bits never make me laugh. LITERALLY.

by get herreply 1908/01/2013

I thought he was fired from Brothers and Sisters (rather than leaving on his own) because they had too many name stars, which made the show too expensive. The stars wouldn't agree to a salary cut, so they had to let someone go. Of course the show was cancelled the next season, anyway, so I guess it wasn't enough.

by get herreply 2008/01/2013

I loved him in Candelabra but I agree that he was awful on P&R. The rest of the cast is perfect.

by get herreply 2208/01/2013

He keeps proving that he's not very dependable. He's turning into just another Cheyenne Jackson with better hair.

by get herreply 2308/01/2013

I like them both but their characters have become useless.

by get herreply 2408/01/2013

He was fired from the Sally Field Programme for being a raging cunt.

by get herreply 2508/01/2013

I won't be sad to see him gone. He never added anything to the show. The rest of the cast is wonderful, and half the time I forget he's even on it. Hopefully this will mean more screen time for Retta!!!

by get herreply 2608/01/2013

Good lord, just came back to check this thread and realized I totally misspelled prerogative. Apologies to any spelling and grammar queens I may have killed or injured. I did type my post without my specs on if that helps.

Anyway, the fact that Lowe submits himself as a lead for Emmy consideration is so arrogant. He most certainly isn't a lead actor in P&R. Just because he was a movie star in the 1980s, before the ass fell out of his career, doesn't make him more special than anyone else three decades later. Its not like they needed to add a "big name" for ratings, the show was working without him in it anyway.

by get herreply 2708/01/2013

He has gone a long way on very little talent.

by get herreply 2808/01/2013

Good for him!

For many actors, the only thing worse than never getting work must be only having ONE role that you are forever associated with by the public.

Television roles are the worst, since they are seen by the widest audience and endlessly re-broadcast.

Can you imagine what it would be like if you were constantly being approached by strangers who assume they know you, and who want to talk about something you did at work twenty years ago??

by get herreply 2908/01/2013

Rob Lowe sucks as an actor. He needs to get out of the business and find a real job.

by get herreply 3008/01/2013

'Prerogative' is nowhere near 'perigatove'. Had you gone through life thinking that the latter was somehow correct?

by get herreply 3108/01/2013

[quote]Rob Lowe sucks as an actor. He needs to get out of the business and find a real job.

You sound like a stupid cunt.

by get herreply 3208/01/2013

It's like looking in the mirror.

by get herreply 3308/01/2013

I basically stopped watching Parks and Recreation BECAUSE of Rob Lowe. His acting was awful and he was in 90% of every episode. He (and Adam, to a lesser extent) really destroyed the vibe and chemistry of the cast.

by get herreply 3408/01/2013

Why did he leave West Wing?

by get herreply 3508/01/2013

Quitter!

by get herreply 3608/01/2013

he is hot.

his sons are fucking ugly.

and he always quits all the shows he is on.

QUITTER.

by get herreply 3708/01/2013

I have no idea r32, how I came to misspell quite so badly other than to think that not wearing my glasses and typing on my iphone which has tiny letters was probably a bad idea. I'm sorry this has traumatized you so badly that not even an apology will allow you to let it go.

by get herreply 3808/01/2013

[quote]Rob Lowe sucks the life out of every shoe he's in.

Yeah! Those used to be some really nice wingtips.

by get herreply 3908/01/2013

It's alright to misspell something every once in a while, R39. You are human, after all. Don't hide behind the lame iPhone excuse, though - you didn't actually know how to spell it, at least until you were corrected. Hopefully, now you do.

by get herreply 4008/01/2013

I'd still blow him.

by get herreply 4108/01/2013

Obviously, I'm in the minority but I think he's really funny on Parks & Rec. As for why he continues to get work, Look at him! He is still beautiful.

by get herreply 4208/01/2013

Rob Lowe is Emmy award hunting. He wants an Emmy badly. That's why he keeps jumping from TV show to TV show.

And obviously he's not well liked in the industry- he's only been nominated once for West Wing!

by get herreply 4308/01/2013

Whatever happened to that girl he was videotaped having sex with?

One of them went lez. Understandable: after experiencing the beauty of Rob and his proud member, all other dudes would have been anti-climactic.

by get herreply 4408/01/2013

I think he's quite good. Maybe he just gets bored after three or four seasons? I like his work a lot.

by get herreply 4508/02/2013

R18, Lowe will be on 13 episodes of Parks this year, bringing his P&R total to 75. He originally was signed to do an 8-show guest appearance, but they liked and kept him.

R35, you must have caught an out-of-character episode. Lowe is least used of Parks primary cast members. I'd say he consistently gets less screen time than Poehler (obviously), Scott, Offerman, Plaza, Jones and Pratt.

I'm fine with Lowe's departure, but I'll miss Jones. Leslie's and Ann's friendship was a highlight of the series.

After reading an interview with Michael Schur, it sounds like producers had decided to write off the characters halfway through the season, rather than by actor request to leave. Schur said both were fine with it, however, as Jones wants to write more and Lowe has a wandering eye.

by get herreply 4608/02/2013

Melissa Gilbert talks a lot about Lowe in her memoir. He does not come off well.

by get herreply 4708/02/2013

Rashida Jones and her character on P&R are so blah. I don't expect we'll be seeing much more of her in TV or movies.

Rob Lowe has been getting some buzz from Candelabra and the Peterson movie he did for Lifetime. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as the lead on a network drama.

by get herreply 4808/02/2013

R41 = spectacular cunt

by get herreply 4908/02/2013

I agree with R51 and I am also not the mis-speller.

The local story is that Mr. and Mrs. Lowe are nasty, cheap and unpleasant. Also, things at the Lowes get quite kinky. It's all het S&M shit.

by get herreply 5008/02/2013

I don't accept alright as correct, R41, all right?

by get herreply 5108/02/2013

Rob Lowe insisted on his name being first billed for West Wing...everyone else was alphabetical. How arrogant is that?! I think he's beautiful and I loved his characters in West Wing and P&R (didn't watch the Twatfest show) but everything I've read or heard indicates he has a huge ego and thinks he's the star of everything.

by get herreply 5208/02/2013

I quite enjoy him on Parks and will miss Chris Traeger. But I do think he's not very much of a team player on a show that seems to be quite a coehsive team effort. I follow Lowe on Twitter and I noticed that on Emmy nomination day he congratulated everyone related to Behind the Candelabra for their nominations but not Amy Poehler for hers for Parks.

by get herreply 5308/03/2013

R54 - Given that John Spencer was also on the show, that was highly arrogant. Martin Sheen was originally supposed to have a much smaller role, so it made sense to put him last, but Spencer was also a big deal.

by get herreply 5408/03/2013

R35 - well, whatever. Whatever time he was onscreen was way too much for me.

by get herreply 5508/03/2013

He had a network lead in some political drama between West Wing and B&S, didn't he? Something that got cancelled almost immediately?

I think he should stick to ensembles or character parts. But he does look great for his age, which is kind of a surprise. Guys as pretty as he was at 20 or so don't always age well at all.

by get herreply 5608/03/2013

Rob Lowe should just retire from acting and live in the safari somewhere.

by get herreply 5708/03/2013

Rob Lowe is playing JFK in yet another JFK movie. But he's the only actor - among many who ever played JFK - to say that he really felt he was JFK.

by get herreply 5808/03/2013

Rob is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

by get herreply 5908/03/2013

I wonder if Rob is jealous that Adam Scott is so much better looking than he is?

by get herreply 6008/03/2013

I know he has a skeevy reputation, but I met him when he was just starting out and he was breathtakingly beautiful. I was smitten and remain so. I would do anything -- even give him a blumpkin -- if only I had the chance.

by get herreply 6108/04/2013

How did Rob Lowe and Demi Moore get along while filming "About Last Night" years ago?

by get herreply 6208/05/2013

I think it is ego....like I quit before they fire me. Sort of like when Ellen Barkin quit The New Normal when everyone knew it was about to be cancelled anyway.

by get herreply 6308/05/2013

Read his biography....incredibly self-involved guy....and that marriage is just plain odd.

by get herreply 6408/05/2013

I must be the only person in America who does not find this guy breathtakingly attractive. I would even pick the guy who plays Jean-Ralphio over him.

by get herreply 6508/05/2013

[quote]He left West Wing because they weren't writing him to be the star.

[quote]Rob Lowe insisted on his name being first billed for West Wing...everyone else was alphabetical. How arrogant is that?!

He got fucked over on West Wing. The show it became was not the show he signed up for. It became The Oval Office, when the character of POTUS was meant to be unseen, not on-screen. The West Wing started out as a show about the inner workings of the West Wing, not a show about the president and those working around him, which is what it quickly became.

There is nothing arrogant about his billing, as much as you oh so want very much to believe it. The show was created to be ABOUT Rob Lowe's character, he was THE star.

When the show became about the president, and his role reduced to a supporting role, he was absolutely right to walk out.

On P&R, he came on to do a short story arc. He stayed much much longer than he was ever meant to.

by get herreply 6608/05/2013

[quote]Read his biography....incredibly self-involved guy

Really? WTF, his biography is about HIM?

by get herreply 6708/05/2013

No, R68, you exaggerate. The West Wing never became about the president. It still was about the inner workings of the West Wing, but the president became one of those players.

What upset Lowe initially was when Janney, Spencer, Whitford and Schiff re-negotiated their contracts together and earned raises that took them to Lowe's salary. They were as big a part of the show as Lowe and said they deserved as much money. They got it. Lowe left.

by get herreply 6808/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.