Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I wouldn't know Robin Thicke if I fell over his dick

Does this make me irrelevant?

by Anonymousreply 5408/05/2013

not at all. If you listen to r&b/disco from the late 70s/early 80s, you have no need to listen to Robin Thicke. He's recycling those beats and imitating how the singers of that time period sang. Nothing special. Thicke is simply a decent singer with no original sound or style. All the young kiddies or white people who don't know music history think he's some new amazing artist.

by Anonymousreply 108/01/2013

Yes, OP, you are old and out of touch. Why you feel the need to start a thread confirming this is perplexing.

by Anonymousreply 208/01/2013

He is 36 years old. In the next five years he will be on DWTS...

by Anonymousreply 308/01/2013

Wouldn't be anywhere famous if his name was "Robin Gautreaux."

His flash will be out of the pan soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 408/01/2013

I don't know Tom Hiddleston from my own cock, so there you go.

by Anonymousreply 508/01/2013

You're a poet and you know it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 708/01/2013

I don't get the DLer propensity to parade ignorance/apathy about X celebrity.

I've never watched The Kardashians but I don't hold it as a badge of honour, or even a talking point.

by Anonymousreply 808/01/2013

Some DLers just aren't a Gushing Gertie like you, r9.

by Anonymousreply 908/01/2013

Gushing Gertie? About what/whom?

by Anonymousreply 1008/01/2013

He's channeling Jamiroquai

by Anonymousreply 1108/01/2013

Men don't hit their stride in Hollywood or the music biz until their late 30s. Robin Thicke, Jon Hamm, Jim Gandolfini, the list goes on. If you are male and a huge star from your teens and twenties, you're basically fucked in the long term. The opposite is true of women.

by Anonymousreply 1208/01/2013

Being Alan Thicke's son may have gotten him in the door, but his talent and tenacity are why he's finally hit the big time. He's definitely no "overnight success."

by Anonymousreply 1308/01/2013

r13, it takes about ten seconds to come up with plenty of examples to disprove your point, from Justin Timberlake to Tom Cruise to Johnny Depp.

by Anonymousreply 1408/01/2013

He pulls his pants up all the way. I'll give him that.

by Anonymousreply 1508/01/2013

Maybe in the movie business r13 but not in the music...

by Anonymousreply 1608/01/2013

r15 - all of those you have mentioned are now has-beens.

by Anonymousreply 1708/01/2013

R18, Justin Timberlake is doing a stadium tour this summer. He's not a has-been.

Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp have had numerous flops, but they're hardly done in the business.

You are really stupid.

by Anonymousreply 1808/01/2013

I've only heard snippets from "Blurred Lines," but isn't it basically Marvin Gaye's "Got To Give It Up" with new lyrics? That must've been so difficult to write.

by Anonymousreply 1908/01/2013

[quote]Justin Timberlake is doing a stadium tour this summer

by Anonymousreply 2008/01/2013

R21 yes he took the beat. A lot of whites, especially the kiddies, wouldn't know that though. Again, people, if you want the original stuff, go listen to music from the late 70s and early 80s. Thicke isn't going to top that.

by Anonymousreply 2108/01/2013

Love Marvin but Got To Give It Up is shit. Blurred Lines is better. And I'm not a Robin Thicke fan.

by Anonymousreply 2308/01/2013

You say you are not a Robin Thicke fan, r25, but in reality you are a Gushing Gertie.

Come clean, do you work for a rep firm? Office internship this summer?

by Anonymousreply 2408/01/2013

Word r25. Never liked Got to Give it Up, not one of Marv's finest, the Aaliyah version also shit. Blurred Lines is a substantial improvement and ten times more memorable.

by Anonymousreply 2508/01/2013

By far, the best version of this trite crap:

Robin Thicke "Blurred Lines" Sexy Boys Parody by Mod Carousel

by Anonymousreply 2608/01/2013

Is Alan Thicke really going to be able to open a lot of doors for him, though? He starred in a corny family sitcom over twenty years ago and hasn't done much of note since. Does he really have much clout in show business?

by Anonymousreply 2708/01/2013

OP, I think you would know him if you fell over his dick since it's so huge. That's all he sings about so is one reason you should be happy to avoid him.

I think many older people like "Blurred Lines" cause of its debt to classic funk. But apart from being Alan Thicke's son, one thing interesting about him is he's 36.

Though a cult r&b purist artist before, not getting his break till that age is unheard of in music for male artists. Happens in the movies that men hit big in their 30s, not in music. Not in the ageist pop music anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2808/01/2013

I agree with r2. He is really lame and derivative. Every time I see him I think of that Mr. Show skit about the "White People Co-Opting Black Culture Network"

by Anonymousreply 2908/01/2013

He'll be dead son enough -- bad case of the diebeetuss

by Anonymousreply 3008/01/2013

Well, f@*k me, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 3108/01/2013

Yeah, OP, don't ever post shit like this again.

by Anonymousreply 3208/01/2013

R30, Robin Thicke is 36 years old and has been in the music business since about age 17.

The last thing he needs is any help from Alan Thicke.

Robin Thicke has been established in the music business for about 18 years.

OP, you have willful ignorance.

If you do not know who someone is, just google their name and read a couple of paragraphs and look at photos of the person and view their music videos at youtube.

Why whine about not knowing who someone is when you have a computer at your fingertips to google the person's name and photo and bio info in seconds. You are asinine, OP

by Anonymousreply 3308/01/2013

Get YOU, R35!

I feel validated by so many of you I think I'll celebrate with some Manischewitz and a Danish-Go-Round.

by Anonymousreply 3408/01/2013

Yes. It also makes you lame because you are trying so hard to seem above it all by not knowing a singer who has one of the biggest hits of the summer and is also a very talented individual having his moment after years in the trenches.

Grow up, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3508/01/2013

He's talented and cute, but the Vanilla Ice vibe is strong with this one.

Maybe it's the hair. Or the face. He as far more ability, but every time his song is layer, I picture Vanilla Ice for some reason.

But not a great dancer.

by Anonymousreply 3608/01/2013

I'm gonna sound stannish but some of you are showing just how out of touch you are with the Vanilla Ice comparisons and the "ripping off black culture" quips.

Robin Thicke has been around for so long that these conversations have already been had and put to rest among people who are true R&B listeners and not people who are just coming around to him because he's got a currently ubiquitous hit.

He's the real deal and has been for a while. Magic (from 2003 I think) was a GREAT song, as was Lost Without You, as was Sex Therapy. I mean, the man has a catalogue of great songs.

by Anonymousreply 3708/01/2013

Robin Thicke's music causes ear cancer.

Years from now, when your ears fall off, don't come running to me!

by Anonymousreply 3808/01/2013

He doesn't even have one great song, let alone a "catalogue of great songs"

by Anonymousreply 3908/01/2013

R25 and R28 should be shot for their abominable taste and lack of soul.

by Anonymousreply 4008/02/2013

R42, you are woefully wrong. Check out his song 2 The Sky.

by Anonymousreply 4108/02/2013

Wrong, R33. Robin doesn't have diabetes. His brother Brendan (who was the voice of Dennis the Menace in the '80s cartoon) has diabetes.

by Anonymousreply 4208/02/2013

I can't believe Robin Thicke became cool all the sudden.

There is a disco funk renaissance happening with Daft Punk, Nile Rogers, Pharrell and this. Nile also has a big hit with Avicii right now with the biggest hit of the year in the UK and the rest of the world.

Both Pharrell and Niles Rogers are putting out lots of hits with this sound and are having big comebacks. I like both of them so I'm happy about it

The interesting thing is that they both worked with Lambert and put out similar music before these hits but nobody heard them. They never made it to the radio. Adam must be a little put out that his stuff never got on radio watching similar stuff blow up.

Here's one example of their collaborations. It's Nile with Adam and Sam Sparro on vocals so I imagine US radio's head would explode with to out gay men singing about cruising.

The Pharrell production called Kickin in is about watching a drag queen get sloppy at a bar. Maybe Adam needs a video with naked women to get played.

by Anonymousreply 4308/02/2013

Jimmy K's version of Blurred Lines video.

by Anonymousreply 4408/02/2013

He's been all over this week because the album is finally being released and it's really hard to fathom how that absolutely boring song he keeps singing has been number one for seven weeks. Just so unmemorable. Sad state of music these days.

by Anonymousreply 4508/02/2013

The song is great! It doesn't deserve all the hype but it's fun. Nothing special but very good.

by Anonymousreply 4608/02/2013

Robin should sing this to his real fanbase

[quote]I'm Lost Without U Can't Help Myself How does It Feel to know that I've Sold out, baby?

by Anonymousreply 4708/02/2013

Apparently his dick is so big you might fall over it....

by Anonymousreply 4808/02/2013

Hey, stupid cunt at R22.

Justin Timberlake is in the middle of a monthlong stadium tour with Jay-Z.

60,000 people saw it in L.A.

by Anonymousreply 4908/02/2013

Old Robin Thicke. LOL at the long hair.

by Anonymousreply 5008/02/2013

I find it hard to believe OP doesn't know who Robin Thicke is, given the fact he looks and sounds exactly like his father.

by Anonymousreply 5108/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!