Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Does anyone else have trouble articulating their thoughts?

I find that it happens to me a lot. I always second guess myself when I talk or email other people, even on here where it's okay if you look stupid (due to the anonymous nature of DL).

I just spent 20 minutes just now composing a 2 sentence email, that's how I am. I'm constantly worrying about grammar and stuff. I've noticed that with some people, words just flow from them. Anyway, do you have this problem or are you really articulate.

P.S. I'm planning to read a lot more, maybe that'll help.

by Anonymousreply 1207/31/2013

Me too. I sometimes think I have Alzheimer's or dementia. I have no solution but you're not alone. I start a story and mangle my words completely, forget words, the story dives and I get even more nervous and just end it. I can't do small talk, even with people I know.

by Anonymousreply 107/31/2013

My aunt sews. And I've read Mozart. With sprinkles!

by Anonymousreply 207/31/2013

Know, I donut.

by Anonymousreply 307/31/2013

OP, try keeping a journal. Three or four times a week, just sit down and write about what you are thinking about, an interest, etc. Don't critique yourself as you write, it will inhibit you. No one but you will see it, so don't worry about grammar and stuff. Just get your thoughts out on paper. You'll find that eventually they will flow and you may be able to translate that into communicating.

by Anonymousreply 407/31/2013

"Anyone" is singular. "Their" is plural. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 507/31/2013

um sometimes I say um "um" a lot um but luckily um my family um was connected and um I only um try out for well um appointed jobs um that just require um knowing the um right um people.

by Anonymousreply 607/31/2013

You have OCD, and one of your obsessions is grammar. Get some therapy - it can help.

by Anonymousreply 707/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 807/31/2013

I always know exactly what to say... 20 minutes after I should have said it.

by Anonymousreply 907/31/2013

I totally do this. It helps a little to plan out conversations in advance. It is much worse when I bump into someone when out unexpectantly. I sound like a complete idiot, and beat myself up for not being able to communicate effectively. I suspect that I have aspbergers. I actually read a lot, and can communicate ok on paper. It just doesn't come out verbally.

by Anonymousreply 1007/31/2013

take an online aspie test. sounds like.

by Anonymousreply 1107/31/2013

I had this problem as a result of medication I was on. Are you on any meds?

by Anonymousreply 1207/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!