Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The new ANNIE remake now called HIP HOP ANNIE. I hope it flops.

I really do.

And with JayZ behind this just guess whho is in talks to play Grace Farrell?

by Anonymousreply 10708/02/2013

JayZ said 'Hard Knock Life' is actually about living in the Ghetto

by Anonymousreply 107/31/2013

Holy hell, this is the WORST fuckin' news I've heard in YEARS!

by Anonymousreply 207/31/2013

[quote]And with JayZ behind this just guess who is in talks to play Grace Farrell?

Justin Timberlake?

by Anonymousreply 307/31/2013

Do Jay Z and Timberlake have a bro-mance?

by Anonymousreply 407/31/2013

Y'all are trippin' hard about Annie not being hip hop. Bitch was a orphan with vacant drug eye balls and a self-proclaimed 'hard knock life'.

by Anonymousreply 707/31/2013

They want to modernize Annie for today's audience, they are adding rap music to the songs.

by Anonymousreply 807/31/2013

Justin Timberlake is playing Daddy Warbucks in this abortion. I have inside info.

by Anonymousreply 907/31/2013

I agree! Sophisticated NY theater queens: does anyone know Charles Strouse, Martin Charnin, or Tom Meehan? WHAT were they thinking of to sell the rights (and do NOT tell me they need the $$$.)

by Anonymousreply 1007/31/2013

LOL, R7!

Anyone remember the CARMEN JONES remake they did over ten years ago, starring a young Beyoncé and Mekhi Phifer, and it was titled CARMEN: A HIP HOPERA. :-/

by Anonymousreply 1107/31/2013

I thought it was going to be called Tannie

by Anonymousreply 1307/31/2013

Great move. That'll guarantee a huge white audience opening night.

by Anonymousreply 1407/31/2013

Let's not forget Brandy Norwood in R+H's Cinderella!

by Anonymousreply 1507/31/2013

I'm so sick of classics being modernized,and revised to fit in with this modern low rent piece of shit society we are living in. My sister and I went to New York City when I was 10 years old many moons ago. We went to see Annie on Broadway ,and then we went to have dinner at Delmonico's after the show. The whole experience was truly exciting for me and it is something I will I will always treasure. remakes like this is trash ,and it is not true to the vision of the creator of Annie. What next, are they going to modernize all of the art work by Rubens, Monet, etc.? This pisses me off! leave things ALONE!! If they don't like it then screw off!!! If Annie was good enough for people in the last 80 years, it should still be acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 1607/31/2013

r17 Annie != Monet

by Anonymousreply 1707/31/2013

R18, OK, what next?! they are going to turn Mickey Mouse into a smart ass with his pants hanging below his ass?! Better?

by Anonymousreply 1807/31/2013

Mo'Nique IS Mame! With a special appearance by Gabourey Sidibe as Gooch.

by Anonymousreply 2007/31/2013

My phone hasn't rang..

by Anonymousreply 2107/31/2013

R20= Will Smith

by Anonymousreply 2207/31/2013

I always thought "Annie" was total shit anyways, so any changes that occur to it can't be all that bad. That Carol Burnett movie was easily one of the worst transcriptions of a Broadway hit, right alongside "Mame". This is hardly an untouchable classic.

by Anonymousreply 2307/31/2013

r19 I'm fingering myself just thinking of that.

by Anonymousreply 2407/31/2013

Who will play Daddy Warbucks right-hand man?

by Anonymousreply 2507/31/2013

How about they do a black remake of MY FAIR LADY with Beyonce Knowles playing Eliza Doolittle and she has to learn to not speak in Ebonics anymore?

by Anonymousreply 2607/31/2013

r27 Get that shit goin,' dawg!

by Anonymousreply 2707/31/2013

Bill Cosby as Henry Higgins!

by Anonymousreply 2807/31/2013

R27, Your idea is a total fail. Remember the Eliza trying to act like a lady at the horse race? Would they replace it with pit bull fighting? There would be protesters . . .

by Anonymousreply 2907/31/2013

[quote] Would they replace it with pit bill fighting?

Is Fandango selling tickets, yet?

by Anonymousreply 3007/31/2013

r32 = Tyler Perry, heterosexual auteur

by Anonymousreply 3207/31/2013

Sounds like a hit.

by Anonymousreply 3307/31/2013

How many fucking times did you hear an Andrea McCardle wannabe belt out "Tomorrow?" on every fucking variety/ talk/ whatever show for the decade after Annie came out? I don't want to go through that again. I don't want to be sent a million links to a million youtube videos of kids doing belting out that saccharine crap all over again. A hip hop version would be an improvement. If nothing else, you wouldn't need to sing to torture your audience.

Even better would be an interpretive dance ballet with no sound whatsoever

by Anonymousreply 3408/01/2013

R35 = Beyonce Knowles

by Anonymousreply 3508/01/2013

LMFAO what the fuck, I loved the wiz tho :D

by Anonymousreply 3608/01/2013

Grace is being played by Rose Byrne.

The title is not Hip Hop Annie. No idea what OP is talking about.

by Anonymousreply 3708/01/2013

CAMERON DIAZ as Ms. Hannigan? Oh, no.

by Anonymousreply 3808/01/2013

What IS true is that Jamie Foxx is playing Benjamin Staxx. Get it? Benjamins? That's the term the kids today use for dollars. Bye bye, Daddy Warbucks, hello, Benjamin Staxx.

by Anonymousreply 3908/01/2013

Shut your slut mouth, I love cameron.

by Anonymousreply 4008/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 4108/01/2013

r36 = Beulah Bondi

by Anonymousreply 4208/01/2013

r40 = Ugh. It's like a walking stereotype of every lame ghetto trope from 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4308/01/2013

It's actually called, "Little Orphan Annie Hip-Hop" produced by Jay-Z and Will Smith. And, guess who's playing Annie? You guessed it...Willow Smith!

by Anonymousreply 4408/01/2013

I'd rather see a remake of "Little Oral Annie."

by Anonymousreply 4508/01/2013

R45, not anymore. It's that BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD girl that is cast now, since Willow at almost 13 was deemed too old for the part.

by Anonymousreply 4608/01/2013

I didn't realize Alphabet Wallis is in and WhipMyHair Smith is out. That makes me more interested. I did love her in BEASTS.

by Anonymousreply 4808/01/2013

r52. Hold on. Let me grab my pen.

by Anonymousreply 5008/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 5108/01/2013

This film has nothing but disaster written all over it, as well as one big stereotype. Anyone surprised that the villain is a white woman. lmao! Who do they think they're fooling?

Someone tell me who commissioned this piece of crap.

by Anonymousreply 5208/01/2013

R27, oh my gosh! I'm cracking up laughing! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 5408/01/2013

R49 Colored? Really?

by Anonymousreply 5608/01/2013

I don't see anything wrong with the term "colored".

by Anonymousreply 5808/01/2013

It's this generation's Hot Mikado!

by Anonymousreply 5908/01/2013

It's going to be this generation's animated THE KING AND I!

by Anonymousreply 6008/01/2013

WHY is Jay Z so rich and famous? He's a completely awful rapper, he's not as good as Run DMC or even the Beasties, Is saying "yeah-uh, yeah-uh" continuously, actual talent?

I am serious, I don't get Jay Z's fame at all. As a native New Yorker, I am even more baffled, because most native New Yorkers demand excellence in pretty much everything we buy!

Is he a great business man? In the same way that talent-free Madonna surrounds herself with talented people? Jay Z also seems completely untalented. I remember reading somewhere that he said, music was just a way to make money, he approached the music business like drug dealing!

He stated he had no real interest in music, this is basically the same statement Madonna made many years ago, she knew she couldn't become a multi-millionaire from dancing, she then chose to sing, even though she realized she didn't have much of a voice.

Jay Z has famous actual singers on his recordings and he uses top notch touring and studio musicians, take all that away, seriously, what is there? He also samples, A LOT. Where is his talent? He's not charismatic like Snoop Dogg or many other rappers who seem to have an appealing image or a schtick which appeals to many.

I don't get Jay Z's appeal, besides minimal talent, he's not a handsome man and is certainly not charismatic. Please, enlighten me!

TIA and spare the snark. If you honestly can not articulute why this man is extremely rich and famous, don't bother.

by Anonymousreply 6108/01/2013

Jay Z - Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)

by Anonymousreply 6308/01/2013

R64, I'm convinced that when Jay Z was dealing drugs, he amassed information on some high level people and has leveraged it.

by Anonymousreply 6408/01/2013

Denzel Washington is an arrogant asshole! He is also nuts as well. He said in an interview once that he knew what it was like being a slave because he was one himself once.

by Anonymousreply 6808/01/2013

It's wrong!... [italic]shockingly[/italic] wrong!

by Anonymousreply 6908/01/2013

Is it time for a new production of "Timbuktu"? They can rename it, "Hello, Mali!"

by Anonymousreply 7008/01/2013

This sounds so ... WRONG, I actually googled it to make sure it wasn't an elaborate joke made up by OP and the rest of you.

Not all updates are bad ("West Side Story," "Rent"), but their sources were top-notch. Meehan and co. aren't exactly Shakespeare. Can't imagine this will be good. Just can't.

by Anonymousreply 7108/01/2013

Matt Bomer IS Little Annie Fanny!

by Anonymousreply 7308/01/2013

[quote]Justin Timberlake is playing Daddy Warbucks in this abortion. I have inside info.

And once again, it's a white man to the rescue of a little black orphan. "Diff'rent Strokes" and "Webster" all over again!

by Anonymousreply 7408/01/2013

They should cast America's Sweetheart, me, Sandra Bullock, in the role of the rescuer.

by Anonymousreply 7508/01/2013

[quote]Wow! Y'all are some straight up racists in here. Not even trying to hide it. Nasty fuckers.

That is not true. Nobody is racist here.

by Anonymousreply 7608/01/2013

[quote]They should cast America's Sweetheart, me, Sandra Bullock, in the role of the rescuer.

One dog named Sandy is more than enough, hon.

by Anonymousreply 7808/01/2013

Da sun be comin' out tommorrow, son!

by Anonymousreply 7908/01/2013

Daddy Whorefux

by Anonymousreply 8408/01/2013

They should have got Mo'nique to play Miss Hannigan.

"ANNIE! Get down here, bitch! You brought that white bitch Grace Farrell up in my orphange? Why the fuck did she ring my buzzer? I can't here you, Annie. Since you got so much mothafuckin' mouth and you gon' bring a bitch up in my house... why did that Grace Farrell bitch ring my goddamn buzzer? See, I think right now you think you becomin' a grown woman. 'Cause that shit you pulled with Mr Bundles... I shoulda fucked you up. But I let you walk away. And I let you get yourself together. But, bitch, I'mma let you know, don't you ever pull that shit again. That'll be your last mothafuckin' day standing. I promise you that. You gon' send a white bitch to my mothafuckin' buzzer? Talkin' 'bout living with some millionaire? You're an orphan, bitch! You will never have shit! Don't nobody want you, don't nobody need you! You done fucked around and think you run my mothafuckin' orphanage? And treat the kids like they're your mothafuckin' children? And all of em are goddamn animals, runnin' 'round lookin' crazy as a mothafucka? Bitch, you know what? See, I think you... I think you tryin' me. I think you tryin' to fuck with me. You fuckin' with my business... and you gon' stand up there with yo ginger afro and look at me like you a mothafuckin' woman? I'mma show you what real women do, bitch. See, you don't know what real mothafuckin' women do. Real mothafuckin' women sacrafice! I shoulda left your mothafuckin' ass on the doorstep! 'Cause you ain't shit! I knew it when they put you in my goddamn orphange you wasn't a goddamn thing! You wear that smirk on your face, bitch? Get outta here...! Now smile about that! Smile about that you ginger bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 8508/01/2013

Lil' O! a hip hop remake of Oliver

Jaden Smith as Lil' O! a runaway from a meth lab run by his abusive foster parents Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux. He gets taken under the wing of the streetwise De Artemis Dodger, Lil' Wayne and deals with the villainous La Faygun, Fifty Cent, MC Psychs, Jay Z, and his bitch Shaniqua, Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 8608/01/2013

Why don't they call it "Anne Get Your Gun" then?

by Anonymousreply 8708/01/2013

Is this all for real?

Why would they change an iconic broadway musical based on a legendary

popular comic strip beloved by millions over a span of 50 some odd

years and turn it into an audience alienating, hip hop mess?

Please tell me that this is not going to actually happen.

by Anonymousreply 8808/01/2013

R97 = Never saw "The Wiz."

by Anonymousreply 8908/01/2013

It is somewhat racist for my good fiend Jay Z to cast a white woman as the villain, but Cameron, being single, barren and unrefined, really has nothing better to do.

by Anonymousreply 9008/01/2013

LMAO, R94!

by Anonymousreply 9108/01/2013

I've been here for many years, and nobody is racist whatsoever here. People have a crazy sense of humor, but that's all.

by Anonymousreply 9208/01/2013

What did you all think of the Rob Marshall TV remake with Audra McDonald and Victor Garber?

by Anonymousreply 9308/02/2013

Smack that Annie bitch up

by Anonymousreply 9408/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!