Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can shredded Kraft cheese be frozen?

Oh! Holy Elders and those who know how to cook, please answer me this: Can Kraft shredded Mexican (four cheese)pizza be frozen in the bag for later use? Does freezing affect the lowly cheese molecule?

Bought 4 lbs of this stuff at Sam's today, in 2 lbs bags. I was in an eating disorder coma at the time. Can this stuff be frozen? There is nothing on the label that says it cannot be but I fear dying of cheese related illnesses.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

by Anonymousreply 2902/15/2014

i freeze cheese all the time

its still good

so yes freeze

by Anonymousreply 107/31/2013

Yes,leave it in the sealed bag it came in. You can use the amount you need and keep putting the big bag back in the freezer.

The cheese on frozen pizzas is frozen.

by Anonymousreply 207/31/2013

You can freeze cheese but the texture changes and it becomes drier. If you use the cheese in a sauce, like for mac and cheese or enchiladas, it probably won't make that much of a difference.

by Anonymousreply 307/31/2013

Yes, I buy it on special, freeze it and use it for casseroles, etc.

by Anonymousreply 407/31/2013

What is with the cretins who can't use google?

Is this some kind of performance art?

by Anonymousreply 507/31/2013

Kraft cheese products will be the last surviving substances on Earth. Of course they would be freezeable.

by Anonymousreply 607/31/2013

ivillage post

by Anonymousreply 707/31/2013

Frou Tips: add a tiny bit of flour in the bag and shake to coat. The flour keeps it from sticking.

FYI, this is why you should not buy pre-shredded cheese. It's easy but the coating they put on it to stay loose in the bag kills some of the flavor. Always grate fresh if possible.

by Anonymousreply 807/31/2013

FREEZE THE CHEESE!

by Anonymousreply 907/31/2013

Store it with the bread in your freezer.

by Anonymousreply 1007/31/2013

Since you're admittedly an obese frau/phag with an eating disorder, it doesn't matter if you freeze it, because even if you get food poisoning, it'll keep some of the huge piles of food down which you shove in your gullet.

Also, anything from Kraft is 50% GMO chemicals and will withstand a nuclear holocaust.

Also, you're going to die of heart disease before that happens.

by Anonymousreply 1107/31/2013

You can also freeze good quality cheese that comes in blocks. Freezing changes the texture & it gets crumbly, which is fine if you're going to cook with it -- flavor is unaffected. Wrap it well in waxed paper or parchment paper, then seal in a zip lock bag with the air burped out.

by Anonymousreply 1207/31/2013

What the fuck is an eating disorder coma?

by Anonymousreply 1307/31/2013

OP here, I piss on all you Queens from a great height. Begone!

by Anonymousreply 1508/01/2013

The OP has never seen a frozen pizza.

by Anonymousreply 1608/01/2013

Let's make this thread more useful. What other things can you freeze? I just found out lately, some people freeze broccoli and bread. I freeze fruits like avocado and mango. I hate throwing out food, so I tried to freeze excess pasta noodles (no sauce), didn't thaw too well.

by Anonymousreply 1708/01/2013

I freeze eggnog.

by Anonymousreply 1802/14/2014

[quote]I freeze fruits like avocado

This really works? I can't imagine as avocado seems to get bruised and turn black if you even look at them wrong around my house.

by Anonymousreply 1902/14/2014

Fuck, get a load of Debbie Downer @R11.

by Anonymousreply 2002/14/2014

[quote] I just found out lately, some people freeze broccoli and bread

You just learned this? Stores have been selling frozen broccoli for about 50 yrs. Bread that is frozen changes a little bit. It's a little less moist. I freeze bread all the time. I don't eat that much so I hate to waste it. When I want a sandwich I take out 2 slices and they defrost in 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 2102/14/2014

Frozen cheese is best used in sauces as the texture changes a little. I buy loads of blueberries when they're in season and freeze them for use in smoothies, pies, etc. Uncooked pastry, separated egg yolks and whites, most soft fruits are all fine except strawberries, they go mushy and I just don't think it's worth it. Leftovers like chili, soup, curry, casseroles can all be saved too.

by Anonymousreply 2202/14/2014

[quote]Bread that is frozen changes a little bit. It's a little less moist. I freeze bread all the time.

I wrap it in two layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil so it stays very fresh - no loss of moisture.

by Anonymousreply 2302/14/2014

You'd probably need liquid nitrogen to freeze anything from Kraft. On the plus side, it will keep for years in the refrigerator.

by Anonymousreply 2402/14/2014

We can guarantee the freezing will not affect the quality of your sack of shredded Kraft four-cheese Mexican cheese.

For that matter, setting it afire, driving over it on a gravel road, or feeding it to a wormy cat and collecting the defecatory remnants in a clump wouldn't affect the "quality" of your cheese, all $2.50-worth of it.

by Anonymousreply 2502/14/2014

Alongside the shredded cheese in the store, they had something that looked similar but was called Shredded Topping. I hate to think of what's in that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 2602/14/2014

[quote] Bought 4 lbs of this stuff at Sam's today

How fat are you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2702/14/2014

[quote]Bought 4 lbs of this stuff at Sam's today

How many months will it take to use all that?

by Anonymousreply 2802/15/2014

[quote]What is with the cretins who can't use google?

[quote]Is this some kind of performance art?

It's making conversation dickhead. Almost everything posted here on DL can be googled. What difference is it to you?

by Anonymousreply 2902/15/2014
Need more help? Click Here.