Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Leah Remini to pen memoir detailing her Scientology experiences 'Everything that's taboo will be in it'

It's the news the Church of Scientology have probably been dreading.

High profile defector Leah Remini, 43, has revealed she's writing a tell-all book about her experiences within the controversial religion.

Speaking at the 15th annual DesignCare event in Malibu, Remini told Us: 'It will include my experiences, everything that's taboo to talk about.'

Paying no heed to the powerful enemies she has made since her split from the institution, she said: 'We stand united, my family and I, and I think that says a lot about who we are, and what we're about.'

The diminutive showed no signs of being bowed by the attacks on her character since she left Scientology as she posed with her friend Holly Robinson Peete.

Talking to People magazine she defended her choice to break with the church after 30 years.

'I believe that people should be able to question things,' she explained.

Meanwhile, Crash director Paul Haggis praised the actress in an open letter to The Hollywood Reporter, saying that she was one of just two high profile names who refused to disconnect from him after his defection in 2009.

'I believe that people should value family, and value friendships, and hold those things sacrosanct.

'That for me, that's what I'm about. It wouldn't matter what it was, simply because no one is going to tell me how I need to think, no one is going to tell me who I can, and cannot, talk to.'

Leah was said to have been ostracised and subjected to intensive interrogation within the religion.

The Church of Scientology said in a statement to MailOnline: 'The Church respects the privacy of parishioners and has no further comment.'

Telling all: Remini is writing her memoirs, and not holding back by all accounts

Former King Of Queens star Leah joined the Church with her mother in the 1970s after relocating to Los Angeles from Brooklyn to pursue her acting dream.

Since her split with the institution prominent church members such as Kirstie Alley have appeared to attack their former friend.

The fallout from Remini's Scientology defection continues to gather momentum and has now enveloped another big name in the drama... Katie Holmes.

Tom Cruise's ex-wife may have left both him and the controversial religion, but Leah's sister, Nicole, has claimed in a widely reported interview that Holmes, now 34, joined 62-year-old Kirstie Alley in writing negative reports about the King of Queens star after Katie's 2006 wedding to Cruise.

According to Radar Online, Nicole, a former Scientologist, claims that both Holmes and Alley wrote ‘knowledge reports’ to the church about 43-year-old Leah’s behaviour. (Church followers are understood to be obliged to submit write-ups on fellow members' transgressions.)

The Church of Scientology strenuously deny any of the sensational allegations brought by Nicole.

Leah, who left the church after 37 years, apparently sparked the chain of events at Cruise and Holmes' Italian wedding when she and non-Scientologist friend Jennifer Lopez tried to change seats so they could be next to one another.

Nicole told former Village Voice editor Tony Ortega, who then relayed it via his blog, The Underground Bunker: 'She wanted to sit with Leah, and so Leah went to make it happen.'

But a Hollywood publicist 'took exception to Leah’s request and complained to Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise that Leah was causing a scene,' Ortega described Nicole as telling him.

'Later, Leah asked other people at the event if she had caused a scene and they said she hadn’t,' Nicole says.

One friend of Nicole's then submitted a report to the church in support of the Brooklyn born star which led to four other people writing to the church about the incident, two of which were allegedly Holmes and Alley.

Nicole says Leah told a Scientologist friend what happened and the friend submitted a report to the church, taking Leah’s side.

'They wrote that Leah was an embarrassment to Scientology,' Nicole said. 'They said she ruined the wedding. All she did was ask to change her seat.'

Nicole has also claimed that Leah’s questioning of why church leader David Miscavige’s wife was not at the wedding and is rarely seen in public also caused the church to question her.

by Anonymousreply 12009/29/2013

omg are these people 12 years old? all this over changing tables?

by Anonymousreply 107/31/2013

You in danger, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 207/31/2013

She better get the brakes on her car checked.

by Anonymousreply 307/31/2013

I hope that her family is alright. I really do. Hopefully, she invested her money well and can pull off having really good security for her family.

Miss Cabbage is insane you know. She really is.

by Anonymousreply 407/31/2013

OP, Any guesses as to when excerpts from the book will go online or in a pre-sale to Vanity Fair et al?

by Anonymousreply 507/31/2013

I'll see you soon, Leah.

by Anonymousreply 607/31/2013

Tommy can you hear me!

by Anonymousreply 707/31/2013

I find Leah annoying and abrasive as fuck, but I'm glad she's writing this memoir. I can't wait for her to further expose this shitty cult. BTW interesting to see she and Holly are still besties since they both got the boot from The Talk. When Leah's book comes out, I assume she'll appear on The View? I mean she doesn't get along with Sharon lol and we don't know her current status with former bff Sara Gilbert or former co-host Julie Chen.

by Anonymousreply 807/31/2013

RIP

by Anonymousreply 907/31/2013

Leah, you in danger girl!

by Anonymousreply 1007/31/2013

Why don't we just start the Leah Remini obituary thread now.

by Anonymousreply 1107/31/2013

Hope she has a really great life insurance policy so her kids will be taken care of

by Anonymousreply 1207/31/2013

Leah, dear, why don't you stop by and we can talk this out.

I made tea. It's your favorite.

Drink.

by Anonymousreply 1307/31/2013

Wasn't Naz, Tammy's Scieno intended, told to "disappear" to some small out-of-the-way place after supposedly offending both Tammy and dictator Miscabbage, leading to the breakup of the relationship?

by Anonymousreply 1407/31/2013

So do we think Leah was on the Scientology bandwagon because she thought she'd one day make movie history with Tom Cruise? And now when it's clear her star is never going to rise, she's using this somewhat small incident to take them all down with her? And maybe even gambling her career will be reactivated by her unexpected and kind of heroic/scary behavior?

If she survives that is. I'd've waited until the book was written before I announced it.

by Anonymousreply 1507/31/2013

Leah, like many Scieno victims was raised in the cult. She was abused in Sea Org, after as a young teen signing a billion year (or is it trillion, the answer's really not relevant) contract. I would guess that the credible and extreme threats on her family and career are what's motivating her to retaliate so strongly, despite the real risk to her life.

by Anonymousreply 1607/31/2013

r15, according to the article, she was a member for 37 years so that predates Cruise's superstardom.

by Anonymousreply 1707/31/2013

Link please! Tony Ortega's website has no mention of this, and the OP seems to quote People magazine, then Us magazine, and this is on neither of their websites. Condition of Doubt, if not Liability.

by Anonymousreply 1807/31/2013

Most likely scenarios:

Tragic car accident. Only the driver. Blamed on texting and driving, making her look vapid and careless and a terror to the general populace. No loss.

Overdose of prescription medications. Blamed on the stress of leaving the clams. They'll use it as proof that meds and psychiatry are evil and lead to tragic ends. Perfect recruitment tool.

Just disappears. The least likely, but they could get desperate. Always plausibility she's just "taking a break" and may return.

This, of course, will be after months of stalking and public discrediting, exposing all the secrets they have after years of auditing.

by Anonymousreply 1907/31/2013

R18, Not OP. Here's 1 link. Hope it's not just publicized in The Daily Fail.

by Anonymousreply 2007/31/2013

She`s doing what John Travolta wishes he could do...just leave and be himself

by Anonymousreply 2107/31/2013

R18, Not OP. Here's another link. Don't know the credibility of the source.

by Anonymousreply 2207/31/2013

That link is very interesting, R20, thank you, but it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. I don't really care one way or the other -- I've no connection to the COS -- but this story has NO existence anywhere else on the web. Why?

by Anonymousreply 2307/31/2013

What's on her Ipod?

by Anonymousreply 2407/31/2013

The Emmys have already placed her slide in the tribute montage.

by Anonymousreply 2507/31/2013

Settle down R23. If it's not true it'll go away and if it is, we'll see some more about it soon.

by Anonymousreply 2607/31/2013

L. Ron Hubbard losing his shit. Let's face it, drugs were involved. He was one of the greatest charlatans of the 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 2707/31/2013

R18, Here is 1 of the 2 Daily Mail links for OP's story. Sorry the earlier link was for the Ronnie Chasen murder thread.

by Anonymousreply 2807/31/2013

R18, Here's the 2nd Daily Mail link. There are other stories that I will post.

by Anonymousreply 2907/31/2013

I used to hate Leah Remini. Now I LOVE her.

by Anonymousreply 3008/01/2013

Thanks, R28 R29. Very helpful. Let's hope she really will [live to] do this.

by Anonymousreply 3108/01/2013

r30 Enjoy her while you can.

by Anonymousreply 3208/01/2013

Read up on what happened to people in China during the cultural revolution during Mao's reign. Scientology pulls the exact same sh*t on people.

by Anonymousreply 3308/01/2013

ooooh, you in MAJOR danger, gurl!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3408/01/2013

R18, R31, Thanks. The 2 Daily Mail stories I posted are so similar that I'm confused. Since they were originally written hours apart, perhaps 1 was verifying the other as truth.

by Anonymousreply 3508/01/2013

Even Lainey is publicizing this latest Scieno flap, with a MLK reference, and a shout out and thanks to Haggis. Lainey also references Haggis's expose. Maybe he'll help Leah write her book? Wishful thinking? Yes, of course.

by Anonymousreply 3608/01/2013

Stars don't ever really leave CO$, right? She's still forking over money and complying to whatever they want. Correct me if Im wrong, but doesn't CO$ offer info protection services to celebrities? I can't imagine why else they'd get involved.

by Anonymousreply 3708/01/2013

How many celebrity dead pools have just been ruined.

by Anonymousreply 3808/01/2013

Oh, R35, I think she has definitely left the CoS, and taken her family with her, which is a big deal. I thought Paul Haggis's letter in the Hollywood Reporter was quite moving. Where's Shelly?

by Anonymousreply 3908/01/2013

From Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker, relaying why celebs are reluctant to voice their opinions on this evil cult, and pointing out Scieno admissions of very dirty tricks, in The Hollywood Reporter.

"In all, there may be as many as 100 anonymous smear sites actively targeting people who have dared to criticize the church and its leader, David Miscavige. They are filled with innuendo and juvenile attacks, and now the Church of Scientology has at least admitted that it has “supplied information” to them.

Some church."

by Anonymousreply 4008/01/2013

R21, Don't know either way but how do YOU know Travolta wants to leave the cult?

by Anonymousreply 4108/01/2013

Not 21 but there've been a few blind items that seemed to point to Travolta wanting to leave Scientology. They've been discussed here before.

by Anonymousreply 4208/01/2013

Two words: RONNIE CHASEN.

How long before Leah's found dead?

by Anonymousreply 4308/01/2013

was Ronni involved in Scientology?

by Anonymousreply 4408/01/2013

I've always liked her despite her Scieno ties. Call it my lingering fondness for the Malibu summer episodes of Saved by the Bell and Stacy Carosi.

Proud of her.

by Anonymousreply 4508/01/2013

She's got guts, I'll give her that.

by Anonymousreply 4608/01/2013

Yes, R46. And soon enough, those guts of hers will be splattered all over the windshield of her car.

by Anonymousreply 4708/01/2013

If Leah does write and publish a book, it will be interesting to read. Other ex-Scienos have written books and there are investigative journalist type books like Going Clear which have spilled a lot of dirt. Leah's book will give good insight from first person celebrity viewpoint.

by Anonymousreply 4808/01/2013

r48 At best, it will be posthumously published.

by Anonymousreply 4908/01/2013

Is she fucking insane?

by Anonymousreply 5008/01/2013

Here is another link to Leah's supposed bio.

by Anonymousreply 5108/01/2013

R39, A comment from THR as to your quest, Where's Shelley, Miscabbage's wife:

"According to "her lawyer," she is in a slave-rehabilitation camp being kept awake 19 or 20 hours a day seven days a week at manual labor, with her teeth rotting out, basic hygiene ignored, and absolutely no possibility of attention for any physical problems. It has been going on for seven years and it can go on for seventeen more. She is being guarded night and day and will not have the wherewithal to get out."

by Anonymousreply 5208/01/2013

r40 And you all wonder why I'm so vacant, pale and cold.

by Anonymousreply 5308/01/2013

US Mag verifies Leah's plan to write expose.

by Anonymousreply 5408/03/2013

At Leah's got guts, unlike Lisa Marie who allegedly left but then got suckered back in.

by Anonymousreply 5508/03/2013

After reading that letter Paul Haggis wrote about Remini I came to respect her for being a mensch.

The fact that her whole family supports her is very telling, too.

I'm glad she is out of that cult.

by Anonymousreply 5608/03/2013

Where is Shelly? Where are the investigations from the police, FBI?

by Anonymousreply 5708/04/2013

Respect?..

That moron believed in Xenu and Thetans for 37 years....what an idiot.

I think the same about magic Jesus and Mary stories too....

by Anonymousreply 5808/04/2013

I was referring to the way she handled herself in relation to Paul Haggis, R58.

by Anonymousreply 5908/04/2013

Lisa Marie was scared to leave the CO$. Somehow I wish that her father were here right now. Elvis would be up in their asses for messing with his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 6008/04/2013

Tony Ortega of Underground Bunker emailed me personally to say that there is not a signed and verified book deal just yet.

Since several more sources online, beyond the ones that I've already cited, are saying that there is a book deal in the works, perhaps many are trying to encourage Leah to write a tell all and are already supporting her in the cult's vigorous "fair game."

by Anonymousreply 6108/04/2013

Well, I guess somebody has revitalized their career.

by Anonymousreply 6208/04/2013

Someone should do a reality show about her break with the clams. This way there would be cameras on her at all times. The clams will self destruct with frustration because every attempt they make to kill her will be thwarted by cameras.

Leah's membership in Scientology :

12 million

Watching Scientology implode as they try to kill her:

Priceless

by Anonymousreply 6308/04/2013

Scientology is a thug organization and they make the Mafia look principled by comparison but if enough high profile members quit now that would kill the cult.

If Travolta and others backed Leah it would go a long way to putting the stake through the heart of this murderous corrupt soul destroying corporation.

by Anonymousreply 6408/04/2013

Yep, r63.

by Anonymousreply 6508/04/2013

R63, R65, Would either of you volunteer to work behind the scenes of Leah's reality show, knowing that like Tony Ortega and others you'd be Fair Gamed as well?

by Anonymousreply 6608/04/2013

not at all r66. But if a network were doing it, they wouldn't be able to target network crew.

by Anonymousreply 6708/04/2013

Is her garage ventilated? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 6808/04/2013

has anyone seen Tommy Davis lately?

by Anonymousreply 6908/04/2013

Tommy Davis has a high-paying job in the Austin area. Despite dropping out of Columbia after his first semester and not completing college anywhere else, he is a managing director at a private equity firm and his wife is a high-end realtor.

I assume both companies they work for are $cieno-member owned. I couldn't imagine working my ass off and then having to work with the likes of Tommy Davis.

by Anonymousreply 7008/04/2013

R70, Perhaps Tommy Davis was hired because of his supposed celeb contacts through his wealthy parents. Plus he's an experienced salesman of a very hard to sell product. He is also used to putting a positive spin on a high ticket item of questionable value and return on investment.

by Anonymousreply 7108/04/2013

Tommy and Jessica definitely got their jobs due to connections. Both of them have it easy compared to others who have left SeaOrg.

If Leah does have a book deal, I hope she dishes the dirt on Tommy, Jessica, and Anne.

by Anonymousreply 7208/04/2013

It's idiotic to think that JT will blow anytime soon -- think what must be in their files on him. Plus, DM still blames him for the abject failure of "Battlefield Earth," and has probably let him know that he has no options. Still, there is every reason to believe that Co$ is in a moment of real crisis.

by Anonymousreply 7308/04/2013

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 7408/05/2013

What could they possibly tell us about Travolta that hasn't been hinted at or discussed or reported in the past several years? I can't think of any movie star who has had his personal life revealed in the tabloids or regular newspapers/magazines/internet blogs as much as John.

Maybe he is waiting to see how this Leah thing plays out before making a move of his own.

by Anonymousreply 7508/05/2013

Where's Shelley?

by Anonymousreply 7608/05/2013

How did her parents get involved in Scientology anyway? She's an Italian from Brooklyn, I'm sure she was born Catholic, and all of her neighbors were likely Italian Catholics (I think she's from Bensonhurst). How in the world did her parents get involved in this cult?

by Anonymousreply 7708/05/2013

If I am not mistaken, r77 her mother got involved with some guy who brought them into it.

Scientology has many "front" organizations and people designed to lure the start struck or the addicted or the seeker of truth into what APPEARS to be a benign organization.

It's a roach motel situation. Once you are in you have a fuck of a time getting out.

Scientology, like Hare Krishna etc., will resort to ANY tactic from torture to murder to protect it's interests.

Scientology calls itself a religion to inoculate itself from criticism but the real purpose of Scientology is to gain power and control for those at the top.

The meanest of the meanest.

by Anonymousreply 7808/05/2013

R77, It was Leah's new stepfather that brought the whole family into the cult.

by Anonymousreply 7908/05/2013

Hey, yeah she's loud and outspoken, traits women here are vilified for,(Mamma issues perhaps?). But she is a victim. She was brainwashed as a kid. Her parents joined as fully aware adults. She finally gets out and you people are making jokes about her being killed. Not cool.

by Anonymousreply 8008/05/2013

R80, The jokes about Leah being killed (and I wasn't the one making them) are an attempt at black humor. Leah and especially her pets, as well as her kids, her friends, her business associates, her car, are all in very grave danger from the cult, which is famous for Fair Game and violent retribution.

What I hate is the poster who's falsely claiming that Leah left Scieno as a publicity stunt. Yes more now know her name, including me. She's still taking a terrible risk. Hopefully others will now be brave enough to follow her lead.

by Anonymousreply 8108/05/2013

[quote]Scientology is a thug organization and they make the Mafia look principled by comparison but if enough high profile members quit now that would kill the cult.

I doubt it will ever fully die out. They still have A LOT of money too.

[quote]The jokes about Leah being killed (and I wasn't the one making them) are an attempt at black humor.

Successful attempt! I love the black humor of DL. Long may it reign!

by Anonymousreply 8208/05/2013

It seems like the cult has responded to Remini's defection by "fair gaming" other high profile critics or defectors more so than the usual.

by Anonymousreply 8308/05/2013

According to a comment on Tony Ortega's blog, there was an announcement on CNN that Leah's expose is in the works. Expect the cult to retaliate against "all potential trouble sources" to block more damaging info from being released.

There's a debate if Miscabbage will drag Shelley out the 3rd week of Aug at a Scieno money grub. If so she will not be allowed to talk to any media.

by Anonymousreply 8408/05/2013

Kirstie had to backtrack her fat ass after people starting going after Kirstie.

Kirstie said news outlets were lying and tweeted.

[quote]I do NOT care what religion ANYONE is or isn’t. I respect religions & would fight for your freedom as well as mine,” wrote the actress. “Thank U lying ‘news’ outlets for thinking I have ESP & write tweets ‘BEFORE’ events OCCUR.I accept that compliment. Ur ‘sources’ don’t exist.”

Ha! First who the hell uses ESP anymore? haven't heard that in years. She attacked Leah the day before Leah announced she was gone. The Church knew about it already and is Kirstie that stupid to think it didn't get around to start the attacks? C'mon. She backtracked because she was bombarded with people not happy with her attacking Leah and she Oh yeah, has a show starting in Dec to promote.

by Anonymousreply 8508/05/2013

Poor Kirstie Alley. She needs help.

by Anonymousreply 8608/05/2013

[quote]What could they possibly tell us about Travolta that hasn't been hinted at or discussed or reported in the past several years? I can't think of any movie star who has had his personal life revealed in the tabloids or regular newspapers/magazines/internet blogs as much as John.

Yeah but at the end of the day, those are still "rumors". It'd be so much more different to actually HEAR Travolta say all these things.

by Anonymousreply 8708/05/2013

[quote]Stupid f---ing mixed-Arab whatever POS

What the fuck are talking about you loon?

by Anonymousreply 8908/05/2013

Clam alert at R88.

by Anonymousreply 9008/05/2013

The CO$ should have been existed.

by Anonymousreply 9108/05/2013

". . . a very young man short on education and experience, long on ambition, who allowed himself to be pulled into the narcissistic snake pit known as Hollywood. He became so bedazzled by the stars, he couldn't see how he lost himself -- yet, all the while he was thinking that he was seducing them.

When he finally realizes he sold his soul for empty promises surrounded by glitter, his world will come crashing down with no one to care enough about him to soften the fall. I feel sorry for him, but we all have lessons to learn."

by Anonymousreply 9208/05/2013

I meant it should have never been existed.

by Anonymousreply 9308/06/2013

Where is that quote from, 92?

by Anonymousreply 9408/06/2013

Are all Scienos racist like R88?

by Anonymousreply 9508/06/2013

R84. If the rumor about Miss Cabbage's wife is true then there is no way. I cannot picture someone who has been 'living' like Miss Cabbage's wife being made up to be presentable in public that quickly. Maybe after a lengthy hospital stay, but not as quickly as the rumor you spoke of suggests.

If Leah lives to make it, then the audio version of the book she might wind up doing will be great. A friend of mine said that it would be like the $cieno version of those tapes Judy Garland made for what was to be her memoir.

by Anonymousreply 9608/06/2013

R94, The quote was from a comment on Tony Ortega's blog. Many former cult members post, and I try to relay the most relevant.

R95, I'm not R88, nor was I ever a cult member. However, I guarantee you that despite the surface sales pitches of claims of inclusion, from Day-1 Scienos, worse than any other cult, are extremely racist, homophobic, sexist, misogynist, etc. This stems from the original creator Hubbard's documented mental illness and extreme anger and resentment.

I put some of the links documenting racist quotes on the After Earth thread. Put it this way, the cult is far worse than the Mormons, who've at least officially changed some of their most offensive policies.

by Anonymousreply 9708/06/2013

Comments from Tony Ortega's blob.

"Leah is not writing a book."

“It will include my experiences, everything that’s taboo to talk about,” Remini, 43, told Us Weekly magazine at a charity event July 27. Sounds like a book.

My sources tell me it's a misquote, and that while she may, down the road, consider writing a book, she isn't planning to at this time. Everyone else has just jumped on the Us Weekly quote as fact. Again, I'm told she didn't say it that way."

by Anonymousreply 9808/06/2013

R98 So she's gonna wimp out?

by Anonymousreply 9908/06/2013

Damn.

by Anonymousreply 10008/06/2013

A comment direct from Tony Ortega, on his blog, The Underground Bunker.

"You'll notice that the Underground Bunker has not breathlessly repeated Us Weekly's news about an impending book as everyone else has. If it were true, we'd tell you. In fact, we're told Us mangled something she said -- and someone might be suspicious that they didn't report that utterance with the others they reported the week before (which were from the same public event.) Anyway, our sources are very good, and if you had any idea what Leah is really up to, you might not be so quick to judge."

by Anonymousreply 10108/06/2013

I had a little conversation with Leah. With my fingers tightening around her neck.

by Anonymousreply 10208/06/2013

From Tony Ortega's blog, The Underground Bunker.

"There are a number of stories at that say that Leah is going to write a book and the sky is the limit from publishers for her story.

My (Tony Ortega) information is that Us Weekly (probably knowingly) mangled what she said to make it look like she's already planning a book. The truth is she has more immediate concerns and is not considering a book yet, even though she's had numerous offers. That may change and she may eventually decide to write a book, at which time she would be paid what the book is worth.

Any company that pays millions for a book like that will then exert enormous energy to recoup its investment by getting copies of that book into every corner of the earth, and have it promoted on as many television shows and news sites as humanly possible.

There is no evidence whatsoever that she is pursuing a book deal except one mangled quote that is being repeated all over without foundation. Nobody has heard from any publisher or any confirmation from Leah or from anyone close to Leah."

by Anonymousreply 10308/06/2013

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 10408/07/2013

Oooh, got some good intel on the Persian girl that TC "dated". It's too long, and I have to go to work, so I'll post late tonight.

by Anonymousreply 10508/07/2013

Looking forward to it, R105

by Anonymousreply 10608/07/2013

R105, According to former Scienos, Cruise totally freaked when Naz figured out that the "great mission" she was being groomed to accomplish was as his planned mate. Naz was not supposed to ask embarrassing questions.

by Anonymousreply 10708/08/2013

Is Bridget Fonda a Sci-bot?

by Anonymousreply 10808/08/2013

According to Maureen Orth's expose about Naz and the Katie Holmes divorce, apparently, Naz's disfavor came when she had severe menstrual cramping during a Colorado visit and felt hesitant to go on a sleighing expedition. Tom Cruise blew up at her for this fault as "cleared" people aren't supposed to have debilitating conditions, so she got reported for intransigence. She got progressively ostracized and was left without means.

by Anonymousreply 10908/08/2013

Damn R109.

by Anonymousreply 11008/08/2013

According to The Daily Beast, Remini has filed a missing person's report for Miscavige's wife.

by Anonymousreply 11108/08/2013

So I was right that the "memoir" story was bogus, or at least, dubious. But the Missing Persons report is great -- actually, better. All eyes will now be on the upcoming gala, and whether or not DM tries to wheel her out. This puts him in a very difficult position.

by Anonymousreply 11208/08/2013

I would homeschool the kid if I were her.

by Anonymousreply 11308/08/2013

I can't wait, so far I've read:

Inside Scientology - Janet Reitman Going Clear - Lawrence Wright Beyond Belief - Jenna Miscavige Abuse at the Top - Amy Scobee A Piece of Blue Sky (updated edition) - Jon Atack

I am fascinated by this crazy shit!

by Anonymousreply 11408/08/2013

R105, What happened to your story of the inside scoop on Naz and Tom Cruise's aborted "love" affair?

by Anonymousreply 11508/09/2013

[quote]According to former Scienos, Cruise totally freaked when Naz figured out that the "great mission" she was being groomed to accomplish was as his planned mate. Naz was not supposed to ask embarrassing questions.

In Going Clear, LW tells another version: that Naz somehow insulted DM by asking him to repeat something. Cruise got angry and said something like "you don't understand. There is LRH. There is COB. And then there is ME!". The church then broke up with Naz on TC's behalf.

(COB = DM)

by Anonymousreply 11608/09/2013

The CO$ needs to be investigated.

by Anonymousreply 11708/11/2013

religous persecution is alive and well. Leah should be ashamed of herself.

by Anonymousreply 11808/11/2013

OMG. Leah Remini thinks the church of Scientology wants her to fail, so much so that she even told partner Tony Dovolani that she believes they're gunning for her to lose the competition.

And of course, they had a rebuttal. A Scientology spokesperson told ABC News, "We know this may come as a surprise to someone as self-absorbed as Ms. Remini, but we could care less if she wins or loses on Dancing With the Stars."

Um, yeah. Ok. Sure. Because usually when people get defensive, it's because they don't care at all. (Eye roll.)

by Anonymousreply 11909/29/2013

One thing that always fascinated me about leah remini is that sometimes she looks "ordinary," like an ordinary attractive woman you'd see at a mall in NJ, and then other times she is stunningly sexual/attractive.

She has a strange charisma.

by Anonymousreply 12009/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.