Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Weiner Marriage Poll Finds Many Think Huma Abedin Should Go

Should Huma Abedin, wife of embattled former congressman and New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner, file for divorce in the wake of his latest scandal?

According to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll of 1,000 people, Americans are more likely to say that Abedin should end her marriage, rather than stick around and work on it.

Thirty-nine percent of poll respondents said that Abedin should file for divorce, while just 22 percent said she should stay and try to work on their marriage. Another 39 percent percent said they weren't sure.

Weiner resigned from his congressional seat in 2011 after admitting to sending lewd pictures and messages to women online. He is currently running for mayor of New York City, but his campaign was rattled last week by his admission that he continued the explicit chats even after resigning from office.

Among the 45 percent of respondents who said they had "heard a lot" about Weiner's continued sexting, 48 percent said that Abedin should file for divorce and only 19 percent said that she should not.

Nearly all Americans think what Weiner did counts as cheating, according to the survey. Eighty-two percent said that it does, while only 8 percent said that it does not.

In an additional blow to Weiner, respondents said -- by a 64 percent to 20 percent margin -- that politicians' unfaithful behavior is relevant information for voters to consider. Still, respondents in the Northeast were the least likely to say so -- 57 percent in the Northeast said that it was, compared to 67 percent each in the Midwest and West and 64 percent in the South.

by Anonymousreply 607/31/2013

Fortunately, most people don't make major personal decisions based on media polls about their personal lives.

There were similar polls about the Clintons during all of the Monica nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 107/31/2013

Put me in the "Don't know" camp.

None of us can look inside anyone's marriage and know what they should do in any given situation. We don't know the promises they've made to each other and we don't know what they've gone through together.

The Clintons were stronger together than apart and they knew that when others didn't. I don't know that's true of Weiner/Abedin.

by Anonymousreply 207/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 307/31/2013

I guarantee you Huma knew all about this kind of behavior before she even married him and she doesn't give a shit. She's looking to cash in like Hillary - look for a political run within 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 407/31/2013

This poll needs a 4th option: It's none of my fucking business and I don't have a right to have an opinion about other people's marriage.

by Anonymousreply 507/31/2013

Wow I can't imagine a national poll regarding the general public's thoughts on how I should conduct my romantic relationships.

Being that around 30% of married men admit to cheating and around 19% of women admit to cheating. I'm certainly curious about how many of the respondents are people who are being cheated on but just don't know it. Especially since those statistics only identify the cheaters who admit to cheating.

by Anonymousreply 607/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!