Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hypnosis to lose weight, stop smoking, relieve stress, etc.

Does it work? I downloaded a couple of hypnosis apps from iTunes for weight loss. I'm skeptical, but hopeful.

by Anonymousreply 909/27/2013

I have the 4 DVD Hypnosis for Weight Loss set from Dr Kenneth Grossman. I used it for a while and it did seem to work. I found myself making better food choices and getting some form of exercise each day. I stopped because one day, after listening to the DVD (they're only about 35 minutes long), I was out for about another 30 minutes and didn't remember listening to the DVD! It scared me so much that I stopped.

I just started using them again this week. I'll let you know how things go.

by Anonymousreply 107/31/2013

I've only tried hypnosis to relieve stress and self-esteem. It most definitely has helped over the years.

Apps, I'm sure, vary from source to source. If you don't feel they're doing the job, find a hypnotherapist who's willing to both put you under a couple of times and also teach you self-hypnosis techniques.

Depending on the circumstances, I have a couple of self-hypnosis "scripts" that I can go through. I can put myself under and spend five or ten minutes talking with myself as a boy, telling myself all the good, positive things I needed to hear back then but never did. It works wonders.

Good luck, OP.

by Anonymousreply 207/31/2013

My doctor's office offers 3 sessions of smoking cessation and weight loss hypnosis every month and they always sell out.

by Anonymousreply 307/31/2013

How do you do that R2?

by Anonymousreply 407/31/2013

bump??

by Anonymousreply 508/01/2013

[quote]I've only tried hypnosis to relieve stress and self-esteem.

Why would you want to relieve self-esteem?

by Anonymousreply 608/01/2013

[quote]Why would you want to relieve self-esteem?

I don't think you can have self-esteem and pay someone to use hypnosis to relieve your stress.

by Anonymousreply 708/01/2013

I am thinking of doing this, and would love to hear if anyone else has tried it.

by Anonymousreply 809/27/2013

Psst, OP. Anything works if you really want it to work. And it stops working when you no longer want it to work.

The key to consumerism is to provide users with a problem and then provide a solution that only solves the symptoms of that problem.

Example: Weight Loss

People like to eat, but have to sit at their jobs for 40 hours a week with another 10 hours spent in traffic. They have little time or energy for exercise. They gain weight.

A non-consumerist option would be to change to more physically active careers closer to home that allow one more time for preparing real food and taking part in physical recreation.

A consumerist approach would be to offer a stimulant that increases heart rate and suppresses appetite until the user has reached a goal. The consumer resumes the same eating habits, gains back all the weight, and then purchases another stimulant.

The key is to temporarily alleviate consequences for conditioned behavior. If a consumer uses a product or method to permanently change that behavior, he/she won't have to purchase another product.

by Anonymousreply 909/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.