Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Taylor Lautner's infamous 'Audrey Hepburn' interview

Here's the interview people have been requesting on the Taylor Lautner threads.

Watching the whole thing is quite fascinating, but in particular pay attention to the section between minutes 3 & 4.

by Anonymousreply 9603/22/2014

God he queens out around 3:45, he's been trained to reel in, but is just comes right out again.

by Anonymousreply 107/30/2013

From the title of the thread I was expecting him to say he wanted to be Hepburn.

by Anonymousreply 207/30/2013

Nothing remotleigh gay about him.

by Anonymousreply 307/30/2013

Yeah, he tries to hold back the flames, but they come out. Though he tries some restraint, the poor guy can't help it. It must be so tough to constantly be on guard, having to censor what you say and even how you express yourself.

by Anonymousreply 407/30/2013

The flames leapt off of my screen @ the 3:45 mark.

by Anonymousreply 607/30/2013

The Britney worship video is hilarious. He's not trying to hide it - till he was made to by TPTB.

by Anonymousreply 707/30/2013

R2 Who says he doesn't

by Anonymousreply 807/30/2013

The girl tries to help out Taylor Lautner by telling him that he should be Cash Warren so he could have sex with Jessica Alba, but he still doesn't know how to seem interested.

by Anonymousreply 907/31/2013

Dear God. My iPad has flames coming out of it!!

by Anonymousreply 1007/31/2013

If this true about Taylor, my heart goes out to him:

239. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 07/30 **#10**

This actor used to be almost A list. Mostly movies. He is probably a B- list now because he has not done much since the big one. The one big thing that made his career. One of his best friends said the actor tried to commit suicide about 18 months ago. That one would have been the be all and end all of untimely celebrity deaths. People would have talked about that one for decades. All the books would have speculated about his sexuality until his one or two very reticent male lovers would have poked their heads out and spoken. He wants so much to be out. There is not a man out there in the entertainment business who wants to be out more and cannot. He thought if his last project had been successful he could have, but it was not, so everyone advised him against it. That led to the attempt to kill himself. Now he is back where he has been so many times before. A woman handed to him on a silver platter. Make nice for social media. You are having the best time. The actress they chose for him this time is having a great time. She loves the attention and thinks this will be great for her career. The actor has been through it and done it and just wants to be himself. He just wants it all to end. Either by coming out or by ending his life. He just is tired of living the lie.

Taylor Lautner/Marie Avgeropoulos

by Anonymousreply 1107/31/2013

Wow, that is sad whoever it is. Taylor gets a lot of shit but he seems like a really nice kid and I can totally believe he'd love to come out. It's obscene that in 2013 he's advised to stay in the closet. Hope he can find happiness somehow.

by Anonymousreply 1207/31/2013

^ This isn't true is it? If he committed suicide I would die.

by Anonymousreply 1307/31/2013

That's really sad. It's Ent Lawyer so high probabilty of BS but I can imagine many people feel trapped and closeted, desperate as the voices for them to come out and 'do the right thing' build and build.

It has to be very hard when you are contracted to the hilt and maybe can only drop hints. Whoever it is and assuming it's even half true, here's hoping he stays strong and finds some peace. I guess IF acting didn't work out, there's always something else you can do in life you are just as good at.

Though you SHOULD be able to be gay, out and have the career you trained for, and that's the industy's fault. It's the USA 2013, not Uganda ffs!

by Anonymousreply 1407/31/2013

^Your kind. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 1507/31/2013

He's a queen, but such an extremely sexy one... I would lick that musky anus of his until he spurted.

by Anonymousreply 1607/31/2013

Poor guy... He seems like a nice person. If he could find a project where he could be himself, an just make a change of careers... But that's much easier said than done. Hell, I'm scared of coming out at work, and I'm not even famous.

by Anonymousreply 1707/31/2013

Being polite just kills you.

This is the type of guy who seems to be too nice, too polite, too considerate. And people end up walking all over him, even if he doesn't realise it, because they do it politely - probably.

Just do an indie movie already! Play with your image, flame away, have fun, and it'll all be over with.

Buy a house and put your money away so you don't have to work a day of your life. And now do the projects you care about.

by Anonymousreply 1807/31/2013

A couple of names come to mind for this, the above and another, 30-something actor who has been parading a brand new girl around of late (not an actress but maybe an 'actress'?), but if it were me, rather than struggle in an industry frankly batshit INSANE enough to think that the SOLUTION to my sexuality is strolling down town with a new beard, then I'd set myself a date/goal and get out of it. Go do something else that makes me happy.

If it's making a person that mentally unfit, or ill, you owe Hollywood jack shit for its insensitivity. You owe yourself way more and most people have other strings to their bows and can retrain into many areas.

It's awful to think if this is true then someone potentially came close, and that 18 months on, the answer seems to be to slap a band aid over a broken arm.

by Anonymousreply 1907/31/2013

Uh, would it ever occur to him to just quit the business if he's so unhappy?

by Anonymousreply 2007/31/2013

Some of you are forgetting that Taylor Lautner was a CHILD STAR and his father (who is allegedly not even his real dad) has a reputation for being a crazy psycho stageparent. His whole psychosexual development is probably all screwed up.

Poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 2107/31/2013

I don't want him to go all wrong like all the other child stars... And I don't even care about his movies, he just seems like a nice person is all.

Who cares about his psychoabusive stagedad, he's not a child anymore, he's made his money now get the hell out of it. Who cares about this industry anyway, Hollywood is rotten and dead. He's got so much potential (I'm not talking artistically), and even if he doesn't, he can still live a decent life, now he's made all the money for a place to live in + income for the rest of his days.

by Anonymousreply 2207/31/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 2307/31/2013

Didn't his previous publicist dump him because of his crazy father? if people are refusing to work with him because of the overbearing dad, and Lautner still hasn't kicked him out, the dad probably has an enormous amount of influence over him.

He's one of the closeted actors that I genuinely feel for, because I get the impression that he has struggled with his sexuality, unlike some actors who were out and then went back in. Maybe it's just the difference between growing up in Hollywood and moving there at a later age, after you become comfortable with who you are. But BI aside, is there any evidence that Taylor is even out to his family?

by Anonymousreply 2407/31/2013

I don't want another Cory Monteith, and Macaulay Culkin, and all the others...

The money you made is all yours, now take it and leave before they bleed you to death! That money is the price they paid you for this shitty life that is making you so unhappy. TAKE IT and LEAVE!

Acting is no life, it's a dog's life, go do something else, go take a vacation, be with people who are not INSANE and who are balanced enough to let you live your true life

by Anonymousreply 2507/31/2013

I feel bad for him. I have never seen a movie or an interview, not a fan really but this just makes me sad. He is obviously gay and seems very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 2607/31/2013

That boy needs some Scientology!

by Anonymousreply 2707/31/2013

We all need to embrace him literally until he feels comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 2807/31/2013

Oh god that blind item is horrible, hope its not true.

Honestly, though the Hollywood closet would burst open and finally be over if a young gay actor committed suicide because he had been forced to beard. No one in there right mind would stay in after something like that.

by Anonymousreply 2907/31/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3007/31/2013

[quote]I don't want another Cory Monteith, and Macaulay Culkin, and all the others...

Yeah, Hollywood and its fantastic associates, nearly everyone seems to end up with a dealer/has 'issues'. Hollywood even manages to care for its leading lights Heath Ledger and Cory Monteith -dying at their most vulnerable- by allowing them to score drugs and to turn a blind eye to tons of on-call dealers.

And yet the same industry spends a fat fortune employing people to arrange beards so any man born gay can have 'a career'.

The place has to be one of the most fucked up, ludicrous, gilded birdcages on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 3107/31/2013

I really hope this is not Taylor. To echo some other posters, he seems like a genuinely sweet person with a ton of issues to work out. Hopefully one day he'll have the courage to tell his handlers to go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 3207/31/2013

Where are you getting the "not his real dad" stuff?

Anyway, does he still live at home? His wiki page has a quote from him in which he happily discusses remaining with his parents, but it's from two years ago. I wonder if his gross dad follow him to every set. He seem really immature, maybe sheltered is the better word. So, there are a lot of things keeping him in the closet it seems. There's also no way he's going to quit, he's his family's gravy train. He also probably enjoys it to some degree, if that blind item isn't to be believed.

by Anonymousreply 3307/31/2013

Apparently he has a Gus van Sant project in the works. Maybe he is very ready to come out.

by Anonymousreply 3407/31/2013

Stay away from the drugs!

by Anonymousreply 3507/31/2013

Does Taylor really seem like the type to kill himself? Does he have the gumption enough to do it?

by Anonymousreply 3607/31/2013

Now that 'Twilight' is over, would it really hurt him to come out of the closet? He is a multi-millionaire with enough money to last him for the rest of his life, and even if he couldn't play the straight guy anymore, there'd still be other stuff he could do.

by Anonymousreply 3707/31/2013

The sad thing is that he can still be a straight character. A normal guy, but he wants so badly to be a type A action star. His gayness, (I'm being serious) is only so apparent because he isn't a good actor. Ive seen guys more Nellie than him play hetero very well. Go Indie Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 3807/31/2013

Yes Taylor go indie. With directors you trust, on projects that matter to you. Otherwise it won't work.

Sadly, he doesn't seem like he's a very good actor. It's fine. It worked wonders with Keanu Reeves. But then Keanu always had that aura from another planet.

Who cares about being an actor anyway? He can do martial arts on his own.

If I had made that much money before I was 21, I'd retire and pursue pet projects. While guaranteeing housing + reasonable income for the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 3907/31/2013

He was spotted singing Miley Cyrus's "Party in the USA" when doing a Twilight tour in Australia to which Kristen Stewart rolled her eyes. He just said, "hey, it's a catchy song!".

I think he definitely wants to come out and deliberately dropped hints before. He must have been aware of the implications of this.

by Anonymousreply 4007/31/2013

Come OUT Taylor you'll be fine! Much better than you are now. It'll be a different life. Warmer, where you can be more relaxed. And with people who love you for who you are.

by Anonymousreply 4107/31/2013

Even if he came out and his career tanked (which would likely have more do with lack of talent), there are plenty of opportunities behind the camera where nobody gives a damn which team you play on. It certainly didn't stop Bryan Singer from directing blockbusters. Directing, prodicing, writing etc., it wouldn't have to be the end of a Hollywood career. Or he can move outside the industry. Billy Haines was almost certainly happier outside of showbiz than he ever was in it.

by Anonymousreply 4207/31/2013

I don't get deliberate fearful deception from him. I think this guy is just a nice guy who has stars in his eyes and wants to have the kind of life that is being handed to him, but he's being forced to be het. I don't get the impression at all that he is self-loathing; this is not John Travolta, who I feel has never once admitted to himself he is gay even when he is sneaking around and engaging in homosexual activity. Lautner knows who he is but he's doing what he is told.

That said, the guy just has the most beautiful skin I have ever seenn on a guy. I would kill to have that skin. I read somewhere that he uses BioTherm products, but that is still just genetics and luck-of-the-draw.

by Anonymousreply 4307/31/2013

Fuck off, Tammy at r27.

by Anonymousreply 4407/31/2013

r20 is very naive.

by Anonymousreply 4507/31/2013

I'd be interested to know what DLers who claim that flaming gays affect the flame, think of this interview? Is he trying to appear "scene"?

by Anonymousreply 4607/31/2013

Wheres the interview?

by Anonymousreply 4707/31/2013

He sounds a little dumb in some of those interviews.

by Anonymousreply 4807/31/2013

He definitely seems like an airhead r48. I doubt he has opinions on anything major beyond what hair product he's going to use on any particular day. Still, the kid's closeted and probably could use a celebrity friend who would help him grow the fuck up, as opposed to a beard whose purpose is simply to gain attention.

by Anonymousreply 4907/31/2013

It's been written elsewhere that Lautner comes from a fundie Christian family in Michigan.

That would explain a few things about why he is afraid to come out.

by Anonymousreply 5007/31/2013

[quote]It's been written elsewhere that Lautner comes from a fundie Christian family in Michigan.

That's possible, but he is the breadwinner in the family. That should give him some leverage in dealing with them, if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 5107/31/2013

I think it's his family too. Apparently he is Roman Catholic. Says IMDb "from a well-mannered family". I'll say.

by Anonymousreply 5207/31/2013

Do you think Taylor has even kissed a girl off screen?

by Anonymousreply 5307/31/2013

He's also just turned 21. Don't know how long this money has been legally his (is it 18 or 21 in the US?)

by Anonymousreply 5407/31/2013

Beware of falling purses.

by Anonymousreply 5507/31/2013

Could this thread be a plant by his PR testing the waters to see if it's fine for him to come out?

by Anonymousreply 5607/31/2013

Why would his PR plant a thread on a gay message board to see if it's fine for him to come out? They're worried gay fans will like him less if they find out he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 5707/31/2013

Just to check if his supposedly gay fanbase is strong enough for his coming out to be a valid choice.

Except none of us seem to be fans, just concerned.

by Anonymousreply 5807/31/2013

Whoever the BI is, I hope they come out, at the very least for their own sanity.

by Anonymousreply 5907/31/2013

I don't dislike him, but he hasn't given me any reason to be a fan. Do something worthwhile, and I'll consider it, Taytay.

by Anonymousreply 6007/31/2013

I love the demented fangurl on YouTube:

"HE'S NOT GAY! EVERYBODY KNOWS IT! HE'S 100% HETEROSEXUAL AND SOOOOOOOOO SEXY!"

by Anonymousreply 6107/31/2013

Demented PR is more like it.

by Anonymousreply 6207/31/2013

There's a companion video on YT where he's discussing the perfect girl for him. All the comments are along the lines of "I love you Taylor...please marry me."

by Anonymousreply 6307/31/2013

I am a fan. He hasnt displayed any real acting talent, but I'm a fan. I wish him the best and I want him to come out, but we have to realize that not all our dreams are the same. A lot of us would be content with a decent amount of income and to have a guy we love and live a simple, exciting at times life. But he wants more. He wanted to be an action star far before he even knew what a beard was, what PR relationships were. We can't expect him to have the same goals.

Not all semi in the closet gays wish to be out in full view. Or if they do, that desire becomes second their other dreams and Taylor has his. I'm his age and gay, and I want to be a successful actor. Yes I had a hard like us all dealing with being gay ( Albeit I'm doing better than Taylor) But I don't want to be defined by that.

He needs to do Indie movies to build his acting talent, but for those of you who keep saying, "just come out Taylor, your rich you'll be fine" that isn't practical. Acting is his dream. To think that he is so weak and miserable about being closeted that he would just give that up is unfairly underestimating him, but it puts us all in a box.

by Anonymousreply 6407/31/2013

Uh R64, you could have stopped at "I am a fan."

The rest of that rationalization has all been said before.

by Anonymousreply 6507/31/2013

I agree with r64 that Taylor probably wants to be a star and the fact that he has millions in the bank already doesn't matter as much as being a celebrity. That life is very alluring to someone his age. I think he'll find, however, that the life of a closeted young actor is pretty lonely. Ask "sad eyes" Colton Haynes.

I still don't think he'll ever be an action star. He'll forever be associated with Twilight, the ultimate chick flick franchise, and no 16-year-old straight kid is going to buy him as a Jason Statham wannabe. The only people who saw his last action flick were girls and gay men.

He's better off going the Joseph Gordon-Leavitt route and getting some Indie cred then build up to bigger pictures.

by Anonymousreply 6607/31/2013

If he wants to be a star then I have no pity for him. What a stupid choice of career.

And Snap out of it!

by Anonymousreply 6707/31/2013

@65 Well I keep seeing the same rationalization as to why he should come out....so

I don't think we should pity him. Maybe for having a crazy ass dad, but he has millions so he can deal.

by Anonymousreply 6807/31/2013

How is any of this related to Audrey Hepburn btw?

by Anonymousreply 6907/31/2013

Oh I know: Martha! You're guilty of NOTHING!

by Anonymousreply 7007/31/2013

R66, I don't think it's just about being a celebrity for him. I think it's about him wanting to act, and getting good roles. He would be very limited in roles if he came out. It's sad, but it's the truth. Look at out gay men like NPH, Matt Bomer and Luke MacFarlane. NPH and Matt have their respective tv shows, but what do they have outside of that? Basically nothing. They will both struggle to find new roles when their shows are over. Luke went a few years with bit parts here and there before he got a regular role on a tv show - in Canada! The reality is that being an actor is not easy for out gay men. The roles will be limited. Hollywood is still very homophobic, despite some progress recently. It's still a risk hiring a gay guy to play straight, considering the straight (and yes, mostly frau/fangirl) audience. The producers and big Hollywood studios just won't hire them.

For me it looks like Taylor wants a career, he wants to get offered exciting roles. He want an action movie career. He can say goodbye to that dream if he comes out. I actually do want him to come out. But I'm also looking at this realistically. I can understand why Taylor wants to stay in the closet, and even beard up. It doesn't mean I'm happy with it, I'm not. But I can see why he's doing it. I blame homophobic Hollywood and a very straight-oriented society. It's ultimately not up to Taylor. If he wants a career, he can't come out, period.

by Anonymousreply 7107/31/2013

I feel sorry for the kid. He is like "Trapped In The Closet" come to life.

by Anonymousreply 7207/31/2013

NPH will be fine, he's a huge star with that How I met blabla. Maybe he'll make a comeback in five or ten years with a beard (facial beard I mean), greyish and putting on just a little weight. He will not be over once his show is.

by Anonymousreply 7307/31/2013

Someone on this thread alludes that it is actually Jake Gyllenhaal in the Blind Item. Sad stuff whoever it is.

[quote] Honestly, though the Hollywood closet would burst open and finally be over if a young gay actor committed suicide because he had been forced to beard. No one in there right mind would stay in after something like that.

Lindsay Lohan has been committing slow suicide for exactly the same reason. The girl is a dyke and they won't allow her to be (to the extent that she has been repackaged as slutty).

by Anonymousreply 7407/31/2013

[quote]Being polite just kills you.

This is the type of guy who seems to be too nice, too polite, too considerate. And people end up walking all over him, even if he doesn't realise it, because they do it politely - probably.

Hmmm, oddly enough when I was that age people said the only thing that hinted I was gay was that I was too polite.

And yes, most people in work situation, walked all over me. Women bosses did this the most. I was like the guy they could take out all their male anger issues on without repercussion.

by Anonymousreply 7507/31/2013

That is true R74. I like her actually. She's talented, was very, very beautiful, had personality (still does, to an extent). Was very brave in destroying herself like that. Certainly not what any of her handlers wanted. Her parents certainly fucked her up good and proper.

What a waste of a life, what a waste of talent.

by Anonymousreply 7607/31/2013

Being gay in Hollywood is different now. The stigma has gone way down. But for him, his father and child upbringing, he might still be trapped in a 1950 mindset.

20 years ago almost no one was out. 10 years ago most of the main stream TV and Movies had some kind of gay character real or not.

Now I would say is the right time to come out for actors. A lot of them have just done that and for the males, it much harder.

I really think society has changed especially for peers in his age group. He would get more support then hate. I could not say that 20 years ago.

He could be in leading man rolls in straight films and I think now no one would care.

That whole idea that as a big star you need to seem available and unmarried and not gay is tired and run it's course.

by Anonymousreply 7707/31/2013

Interesting that the same publicist who used to handle Lohan, Ruth Bernstein, now handles KStew, who I also think is in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 7807/31/2013

I love this thread.

by Anonymousreply 8007/31/2013

What is R79 on about?

by Anonymousreply 8107/31/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 8207/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 8307/31/2013

So much jealousy, because Taylor is the most good looking teen in films. Face it, YOU'LL NEVER HAVE HIM!

by Anonymousreply 8407/31/2013

Why was a period necessary after 'monster', R83? And what does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 8507/31/2013

R79 = Freeper You are such and idiot, according to your theory, if no one is bone gay, then logic would dictate no one is bone straight either. Everyone is part gay then.

by Anonymousreply 8607/31/2013

Is Taylor a bad actor? Or a bad action star? Does he have a chance? Where do you see him?

by Anonymousreply 8707/31/2013

I think he's both a bad actor and a bad action star. He needs an acting coach and more offbeat roles to hone his craft. He was essentially hired for his body and while he was lucky to make a ton of money from that, he'll need to get better to have any kind of long-term career.

by Anonymousreply 8807/31/2013

Bomer and NPH have gotten more work and are better know after coming out than they were before. You could ever argue it's helped them.

by Anonymousreply 8907/31/2013

Hmm I would have thought Lilly Collins would have a British accent.

by Anonymousreply 9007/31/2013

I wonder how this movie he's filming will be. I feel as if they keep him in motion he could be good. Just as good as any other 21 celeb in Hollywood. It's when he has to have conversation, especially with a girl where it gets ugly.

by Anonymousreply 9107/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 9207/31/2013

R88 has it right.

by Anonymousreply 9308/01/2013

that's cute

by Anonymousreply 9403/22/2014

I want to put a pair of panties on him and fuck him real hard just like Gus van Sant did.

by Anonymousreply 9503/22/2014

r89 Matt Bomer hasn't gotten any work since coming out actually neither has Zachary Quinto.

Neil Patrick Harris has nice supporting roles in two big upcoming films and I bet his sexuality will be why he's going to get negative reviews for them.

I doubt Lautner is gay but he would be an idiiot to come out.

by Anonymousreply 9603/22/2014
Need more help? Click Here.