Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What is the weirdest/cutest nickname you've heard a person use on another person?

I've seen an old dude approach another old dude and call him "skipper". I thought it was kind of cringe-inducing...

by Anonymousreply 3307/31/2013

Perhaps they were Navy buddies and "skipper'" was the guy's rank, OP.

by Anonymousreply 107/30/2013

T-Bone

by Anonymousreply 207/30/2013

My nickname is goo-goo my grandpa came up with

by Anonymousreply 307/30/2013

Stinky, an old, middle-class guy in town everybody knows

by Anonymousreply 407/30/2013

My name is Geoseph, and instead of Joey its Geoey which looks like gooey which became my nickname shortened to goo-goo which around the fifth grade became Goo-Goo Cluster or cluster for short. People are perplexed when they hear my uncle call me Cluster.

by Anonymousreply 507/30/2013

[quote]Perhaps they were Navy buddies and "skipper'" was the guy's rank, OP.

Skipper isn't a Navy rank. It's used as a nickname for the commanding officer. The "skipper" of a ship is the commanding officer or captain.

by Anonymousreply 607/30/2013

An old colleague's endearing name for his wife was "Sugar Snatch."

by Anonymousreply 707/30/2013

I went to an Ivy league school where I met several kids who had gone to prep schools who all had horrible nicknames. Among them:

"Wormy" (a guy named Jeffrey)

"Lizard" (a girl named Elizabeth)

"Bean" (a guy named Charles)

"Kakie," pronounced like "Cocky" (a girl named Katherine)

"Crispy" (I think her real first name was McLeod, but I can't remember for sure)

by Anonymousreply 807/30/2013

Sparkles!

That's what I call my roommate.

by Anonymousreply 907/30/2013

About 20 years ago I used to work in an independant record shop and an older gentleman who came in a couple times a week to rifle throuh our used classical and jazz bins would call all of us who worked there "chicken". Whenever any of us run into each other these days we affectionately refer to one another as..."chicken".

by Anonymousreply 1007/30/2013

a 57 year old man called "Craiggers". (barf)

His name is Craig.

by Anonymousreply 1107/30/2013

Oh that is vomit inducing, R11, I agree.

A spoiled brat neighbor actually got away with calling her mother "Turd." I later learned she gets away with pretty much anything as she's a real sociopath who also happens to be cute, blonde and innocent looking.

by Anonymousreply 1207/31/2013

I call a couple of friends of mine "potato," apropos of nothing. It seems to work.

by Anonymousreply 1307/31/2013

Is that short for "couch potato" R13?

by Anonymousreply 1407/31/2013

I call my girlfriend any strange pet name I can think of. You can't call everyone babe all the time.

by Anonymousreply 1507/31/2013

R12, no it's not. It's just something that popped into my head one day. Neither of them are sedentary. (Would never kid too close to the truth if they were. Not my style.)

by Anonymousreply 1607/31/2013

Very cute R5. Nicknames have their own logic.

by Anonymousreply 1707/31/2013

My grandmother often called my grandfather "Peter," because she was very fond of his.

by Anonymousreply 1807/31/2013

Mattress.

by Anonymousreply 1907/31/2013

r12 "The Bad Seed" come to life?

by Anonymousreply 2007/31/2013

My bow tie and signet ring wearing closet case of a genereral manager at the TV station where I worked kept calling me "Sport."

by Anonymousreply 2107/31/2013

My cousin calls his wife Stretch. No idea why but she doesn't seem to mind and it's become used by all the family now.

by Anonymousreply 2207/31/2013

My brother called his wife Puff for 30 years, starting in high school. It was the last word he said to her, before he died of a massive stroke two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2307/31/2013

When I was 15, my godmother dubbed me "Lurch", after trying to teach me how to drive a stick shift. She had an old VW Bug, which had a very stiff clutch.... and I bounced that thing all over the empty Farmer's Market parking lot, one Sunday morning, both of us laughing hysterically. (early 80s, pre-Grove). From that day forward, until her death several years ago, she called me Lurch.

by Anonymousreply 2407/31/2013

Princess Tinymeat

by Anonymousreply 2507/31/2013

My father calls my mother's (twin) sister "Slink." I call my old roommate "Rooms."

by Anonymousreply 2607/31/2013

[quote]a 57 year old man called "Craiggers". (barf) His name is Craig.

Seattle? Please, I must know.

by Anonymousreply 2707/31/2013

What's the deal with so many people (always young men) who call me "boss"? Is it a Latino thing? An age thing? I get it from waiters, store clerks, other service people. It seems to have started about 10-15 years ago. I also get "chief."

by Anonymousreply 2807/31/2013

At my father's wake, a neighbor came in and was greeted by another neighbor. My 10 year old nephew suddenly looked horrified. He said to my mother, "Grandma, did you hear what the man in the blue shirt called the man in the white shirt?"

"No, honey."

"He called him a dick!"

My mother said, "Oh honey, that's the man's name. He's Dick Smith."

My nephew could not believe that someone would allow others to call him Dick. To this day, he thinks it's weird. I can see why. Dick hasn't been used as a nickname for Richard in younger generations.

by Anonymousreply 2907/31/2013

One of our heavier surgical interns, later an attending surgeon, was nicknamed Pugsley for years.

I had two nicknames that kids used when I was at my aunt's house, "Jezebel" and "Googie."

by Anonymousreply 3007/31/2013

I knew someone who called his sister "Egg" and I still can't remember her actual name.

by Anonymousreply 3107/31/2013

The one that makes me laugh is an old farmer I know who is about 300 pounds, moves very slowly with great dignity, and speaks in a voice that would make James Earl Jones proud.

His nickname is and always has been "Squeak."

by Anonymousreply 3207/31/2013

"Foots"

I thought it was because of his enormous feet. Then I saw him in the shower room.

It was rehab. I got better.

by Anonymousreply 3307/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.