Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Robin Thicke "Ooo La La"

From the new album. This HAS to be the next single!

by Anonymousreply 12708/07/2013

That's a great song, OP...love it! I just downloaded his album, and this has to be his best. Thanks for posting that song!

by Anonymousreply 107/30/2013

the beat is catchy as hell and sounds like another recycled beat from the early 80s. I can't put my finger on it but I think I've heard the beat before from a song from that time period. Thicke is just a better, more talented version of Timberfake. Both rely on ripping off 70s and 80s r&b and disco acts. They try to imitate the singing style and beats. So unoriginal. I'm waiting for a new recording act to come along with a NEW sound. Anyone who thinks Thicke is amazing must have never listened to the 70s and 80s r&b/disco songs.

by Anonymousreply 207/30/2013

It has a good beat, and it's easy to dance to.

by Anonymousreply 307/30/2013

As someone on youtube commented, it looks like Robin Thicke made a great disco album!

by Anonymousreply 407/30/2013

Robin Thicke with his Thicke one is going to be on America's Got Talent tomorrow night.

by Anonymousreply 507/30/2013

Michael Jackson wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 607/30/2013

Prince wannabee.

by Anonymousreply 707/30/2013

It has a Jamiroquai vibe to it. GREAT track. Take THAT, Timberfake!

by Anonymousreply 807/30/2013

Listened to the whole Blurred Lines album on Youtube and will be downloading from iTunes. He is fantastic and SO much better than that poseur Timberlake.

This may sound weird, but Robin Thicke reminds me of a male version of the late, great Teena Marie. I hear a lot of similarities in both the music and the lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 907/30/2013

Just downloaded it from iTunes, it is a cool song.

by Anonymousreply 1007/30/2013

R9 I totally agree. She even had a song with the almost the same title.

Teena Marie (RIP) and Robin Thicke are really similar in terms of their abilities and their heartfelt respect of r&b, but I think Teena played more instruments.

by Anonymousreply 1107/30/2013

This song is better, and the guy is cuter -- "I'm Not Gay"!

by Anonymousreply 1207/30/2013

Totally feeling this song...nice old school 80's vibe. Robin is doing it!

by Anonymousreply 1307/30/2013

No, r12.

by Anonymousreply 1407/30/2013

What's with all these songs titled "Ooo La La"?

Teena Marie was the first person (that I can remember) to have this song title years ago, but in just the past year, three singers have had songs with the same title: Alexandra Burke, Shitney Spears, and now Robin Dick.

Get original people!

by Anonymousreply 1507/30/2013

Robin and his album cured my cancer! I can't believe the magic in him!

by Anonymousreply 1607/30/2013

R9 Thicke has a better voice but he's certainly still a poser.

by Anonymousreply 1707/30/2013

My dick just grew! It's thicker, too! Ali from listening to this on iTunes!

by Anonymousreply 1807/30/2013

[quote]What's with all these songs titled "Ooo La La"? Teena Marie was the first person (that I can remember) to have this song title years ago, but in just the past year, three singers have had songs with the same title: Alexandra Burke, Shitney Spears, and now Robin Dick.

Actually, Kool & The Gang's "Let's Go Dancin' (Ooh La La La)" predates Teena's song by six years.

by Anonymousreply 1907/30/2013

I love every song in Robin Thicke's new album!

Getting down on "Pressure" now.

by Anonymousreply 2007/30/2013

[quote]As someone on youtube commented, it looks like Robin Thicke made a great disco album!

I agree that this album is Robin's swan song to disco. It's currently #1 on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 2107/30/2013

I bet Timberlake is pissed that Thicke stole his thunder. Everybody is talking about Robin Thicke right now, and Justin's album has almost been forgotten already.

by Anonymousreply 2207/30/2013

Robin's music can unite the Israelis with the Palestinians at last!!!

by Anonymousreply 2307/30/2013

I heart R16.

Marry me?

by Anonymousreply 2407/30/2013

Just watched the video for "Blurred Lines" and I'm surprised he had such vanilla, stick thin white models (with the exception of one extremely thin black woman) featured. I would've expected women with more curves. Those starved out bitches are not sexy IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 2507/30/2013

Robin's voice on "Feel Good" is so smooth, that it melts like butter.

His new album "Blurred Lines" is getting raves from every music critic.

by Anonymousreply 2607/31/2013

From Newsday:

"With “Blurred Lines” (Interscope), Robin Thicke out-Justins Timberlake at every turn…His old-school soul references are better. His falsetto is finer. And when he goes for the raunchy club anthems, he really goes for them…As he did with the summer smash “Blurred Lines,” this album shows that Thicke is able to take the same building blocks — soulful influences, hot producers — and come up with something way cooler and more polished than his contemporaries."

by Anonymousreply 2707/31/2013

The song is alright--the switch out of falsetto doesn't really work. I'll say it's above average, but but that sadly doesn't mean it's good.

R22, Timberlake's album was made to finish his contract. I suspect he's not highly bothered by its performance, which has been quite strong if not of megahit proportions.

by Anonymousreply 2807/31/2013

I'm glad Timberfake's being outdone by Thicke but I don't like either's personality. They're both rip off recording acts who have no original bones in their body. Their "revival" of late 70s/early 80s beats and sounds is so lazy, even if it's catchy.

by Anonymousreply 2907/31/2013

Thicke is HOT and sounds Great on this track.

by Anonymousreply 3007/31/2013

I'm reminded of a critique of the Bee Gee's disco: "It's music made by dolphins."

by Anonymousreply 3107/31/2013

This song is pure R&B. I love it!

by Anonymousreply 3207/31/2013

Me too,r32!

by Anonymousreply 3307/31/2013

R25, he's a white man. What did you expect? Of course he's going to have skinny chicks in his videos.

by Anonymousreply 3407/31/2013

The brunette in the video is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 3507/31/2013

How original.

by Anonymousreply 3607/31/2013

I want Thicke to ensure (at least this year) that Timberfake doesn't get any more #1 hits, and then the both of them can vanish. Bruno Mars is better than both these 2, and is much better looking to boot.

by Anonymousreply 3707/31/2013

[quote]Their "revival" of late 70s/early 80s beats and sounds is so lazy, even if it's catchy.

Thank-you. Id rather just listen to real 70s and 80s music. The "catchiness" of all this new music is because music was better back then anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3807/31/2013

Great music from Robin Thicke! Anything to keep the likes of Jay-Z or Kanye West away from the charts for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 3907/31/2013

I never thought lame Robin Thicke would be the Timberlake destroyer. That lil bitch Justin needs to be put in his place.

by Anonymousreply 4007/31/2013

His best single, to me, is 2008's "Magic". Flawless and done in true 70's soul style. Was also co-written by his wife, Paula.

by Anonymousreply 4107/31/2013

r41, that's my fav from him too, great song.

by Anonymousreply 4207/31/2013

My favorite is "Can you believe"? From The Evolution of Robin Thicke album.

by Anonymousreply 4307/31/2013

What songs did he write for other artists that became hits? He references this on the Howard Stern interview.

by Anonymousreply 4407/31/2013

His track "To The Sky" from THE EVOLUTION OF ROBIN THICKE gives me chills and makes me well up whenever I hear it. It is pure awesomeness.

by Anonymousreply 4507/31/2013

[quote]What songs did he write for other artists

Before his days performing as a singer-songwriter, Robin had written "Love Is on My Side" on Brandy's eponymous album, 3T's (Michael and Janet's nephews) "Sexual Attention" on their debut album and he collaborated with Jordan Knight, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis on several songs in Knight's 1999 album JORDAN KNIGHT. He also co-wrote the songs "When You Put Your Hands on Me" for Christina Aguilera's debut album and "No Tears on My Pillow" for Mýa's sophomore release, FEAR OF FLYING. In 1999, he co-wrote the song "Fall Again" with Walter Afanasieff, which used to be a track in Michael Jackson's 2001 album INVINCIBLE, but it failed to be presented as a completed song. As an artist, he recorded and performed solely under his surname, Thicke

He co-wrote the gorgeous "Seperate Ways" with his father Alan and brother Brendan for Jordan Knight's debut album

by Anonymousreply 4607/31/2013

Wow, I don't know a single song in R46's list.

by Anonymousreply 4707/31/2013

R38 preach

R46 and none of those were hit singles. Thicke is simply rising to the top of the mediocre/poor field these days.

by Anonymousreply 4807/31/2013

Doesn't matter if they were hits or not. He's a songwriter AND a musician. He's an artist.

by Anonymousreply 4907/31/2013

Come Grammy time, Jay-Z and Timberfuck will steal the shine back. The Grammy voters love those two punks.

by Anonymousreply 5007/31/2013

Robin wrote many hit songs for other artist, before he made it big for himself, r44.

by Anonymousreply 5107/31/2013

Robin Thicke had several albums preceding the new current Blurred Lines album, and one of those albums was quite successful.

by Anonymousreply 5207/31/2013

Ugh, Jay-Z is a no-talent thug. Robin Thicke is going to kick butt at the Grammy's, because there is a new sheriff in town, and that's Robin Thicke! :)

by Anonymousreply 5407/31/2013

Thanks, r45! It's quite apparent that Robin has a better voice than Timberlake.

by Anonymousreply 5507/31/2013

You're welcome, R55!

I still hear his first single, "When I Get You Alone", in the clubs.

by Anonymousreply 5607/31/2013

Seriously people go back and listen to the r&b/disco of the late 70s and early 80s. The original cannot be trumped. Thicke is for all you white gays and girls who haven't listened to the originators 30-35 years ago. He does a decent impersonation but again, he's not bringing anything NEW.

by Anonymousreply 5707/31/2013

The album has had surprisingly quiet buzz considering how ubiquitous the single is. He was wise to name it after the single.

I was gonna buy it right away but that big dick song put me off. The pun in the video was one thing, but that is nasty.

Don't be such a megadouche, Robin. No one says shit like that. Guys with huge cocks are usually very secure in themselves and don't feel the need to boast. Like the beautiful Jon Hamm (well sort of).

by Anonymousreply 5807/31/2013

It's a shame that Robin has been slept on by the masses until recently. His 2009 track "Sex Therapy" from the album of the same name is scorching hot.

by Anonymousreply 5907/31/2013

"Magic" is his best song. I played the hell out of that when it was released a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 6007/31/2013

RE: Robin has a better voice than Timberlake.

Both have their own style. This is like comparing Joni Mitchell to Judy Collins.

by Anonymousreply 6107/31/2013

My Lord, he is SMOKIN' HOT in that video at R56. There's something about his hippy look vs. his sound that is incredibly attractive.

I also happen to love that song.

by Anonymousreply 6207/31/2013

Not his best, R60, but good. "Love After War", also from the album of the same name, is another retro-sounding jam. His wife Paula Patton is in the video.

by Anonymousreply 6307/31/2013

Love "Love After War". Very George Michael/Al B. Sure.

Was surprised it and Magic weren't bigger as they're commercial enough. They would've been hits, just in a different era.

by Anonymousreply 6408/01/2013

My GAWD! Love After War is a wonderful song, thanks for posting that!

Now that Blurred Lines is #1 on the singles and album charts, I hope more audiences listen to Robin's past albums, because his songs are really good!

by Anonymousreply 6508/01/2013

It's shit, like everything else. I'm sick of being discriminated against by mainstream America because I am not a lowbrow moron.

by Anonymousreply 6608/01/2013

Wow, when a BLACK person sings R&B not a word, when a White person sings R&B oooh they're abuzz on the DL...

by Anonymousreply 6708/01/2013

"His new album "Blurred Lines" is getting raves from every music critic"

Not every music critic.

by Anonymousreply 6808/01/2013

So change and/or evolve the conversation, [R67] - what black artists do you think these Thicke fans would enjoy?

by Anonymousreply 6908/01/2013

So, is the person writing these comments being paid per word and how do I apply to such a position?

by Anonymousreply 7008/01/2013

R67 exactly. Thicke is a decent singer with catchy beats but he's not doing anything special. He's simply recycling beats and vocal styles from 30-35 years ago. There are also plenty of really talented r&b vocalists out there but middle America doesn't listen to them because they're black.

by Anonymousreply 7108/01/2013

don't like him

he is ugly

his music is awful

by Anonymousreply 7208/01/2013

I know r67, Janelle Monáe, only made 47 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop billboard chart.

by Anonymousreply 7308/01/2013

R39 Agreed!

by Anonymousreply 7408/01/2013

I love Janellle!!

by Anonymousreply 7508/01/2013

[quote]Now that Blurred Lines is #1 on the singles and album charts

What's going on with that? The album seems to have been delayed a little in the US. It was #1 in the UK 2 weeks ago. The single was also, oddly, straight to #1 in the UK before the US.

It's not #1 now, Selena Gomez is but I guess he'll top the charts after her. Blurred Lines the single looks unstoppable at the top... guess you'll have to wait till summer is over. And I STILL love it and play it all the time, surprised I haven't burn this out like I did early on with "Get Lucky".

by Anonymousreply 7608/01/2013

[quote]It's not #1 now, Selena Gomez is but I guess he'll top the charts after her.

Selena Gomez has a #1 single???

Dear God the music industry is a fucking joke these days.

by Anonymousreply 7708/01/2013

No no r77, #1 album. Which is perhaps even scarier.

I'm REALLY annoyed "Same Love" seems to have peaked, I just wanted a top 10. :(

by Anonymousreply 7808/01/2013

Selena Gomez? My GAWD, she's just an auto-tune hack.

by Anonymousreply 7908/01/2013

They say that Selena Gomez is really stuck-up, since her involvement with Justin Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 8008/01/2013

Proof that Selena Gomez can't sing!

by Anonymousreply 8108/01/2013

Selena's album likely won't be #1 when next week starts. That's when Robin's first-week sales will be in, and with the success of BL, his album will likely sit atop the Billboard 200 chart.

by Anonymousreply 8208/01/2013

[quote]I hope more audiences listen to Robin's past albums, because his songs are really good!

It'd be great if his past albums started shifting more units too, with the success of Blurred Lines. So many great songs on those albums.

Before "Blurred Lines", his biggest hit was "Lost Without You", which was a #1 R&B and #14 pop hit.

by Anonymousreply 8308/01/2013

I love that song, r83.

by Anonymousreply 8408/01/2013

Lost Without U is the one I don't like but I love the other singles posted here.

Is Robin a good live singer? He was hopeless doing the strained breathy falsetto of Lost Without U live, made him sound like shit.

by Anonymousreply 8508/01/2013

Yes, he is quite good live. I've seen him live twice, up close, and he is really talented. Can play the piano and then get up and rock it out on a fast song.

by Anonymousreply 8608/01/2013

I've seen Robin perform live in person, he's absolutely exciting to watch, and always puts on a good show. He's coming to my hometown next month to perform, already purchasing tickets.

by Anonymousreply 8708/01/2013

He does this hip swivel thing onstage where he just stands there, legs spread wide, and just moves his hips from side to side. It always gets the ladies (and some of us guys) screaming.

by Anonymousreply 8808/01/2013

[quote]He does this hip swivel thing onstage where he just stands there, legs spread wide, and just moves his hips from side to side. It always gets the ladies (and some of us guys) screaming.

I love when he does that, it's so hot!

by Anonymousreply 8908/01/2013

Robin loves the gays! Here's an interview he did several years ago for THE ADVOCATE:

[italic]Robin Thicke’s 2007 single “Lost Without U” made him the first male Caucasian artist to top Billboard’s R&B/hip-hop chart since George Michael’s “One More Try” in 1988, but that’s just the tip of Thicke’s tight connection with the gay community. Currently promoting his fourth album, Sex Therapy, as the opening act on Alicia Keys’s Freedom Tour (he makes a quick detour to Miami Gardens, Fla., on March 20 for the fifth annual Jazz in the Gardens music festival), the 33-year-old neo-soul singer-songwriter explains why he’ll happily ruin dinner to defend his gay friends-even those hip-hop chest-thumpers still in the closet.

The Advocate: How conscious are you of your gay fan base? Because although babies aren’t technically made during our process, we also enjoy baby-making music.

Robin Thicke: Well, maybe I’m inspiring some adoptions. [Laughs] As long as my music promotes love and intimacy, it’s all good. You never really know who likes you until someone comes up and says they like your music, but I’m always surprised when anyone likes it.

TA: You’ve previously toured with Jennifer Hudson and Beyoncé, both artists with huge gay followings. Are we a good audience?

RT: Oh, absolutely. Who dances with more love and passion than the gay audience? They’re so much fun.

TA: Gay blogs can be vicious, but they generally have very sweet things to say about you.

RT: I know, and I’m very thankful, honored, and blessed. Every once in a while I’ll hear that Perez has said nice things about me, but I don’t think my people would send it to me if he ever said anything bad.

TA: How does it feel to be an object of lust for some gay men?

RT: It’s absolutely flattering, without question. I’m very vain, so I’ll take lust from wherever it comes.

TA: Your father, Alan Thicke, is an actor best known as Jason Seaver on Growing Pains, and your mother, Gloria Loring, is an actress-singer best known as Liz Chandler on Days of Our Lives. Growing up with both parents in the entertainment industry, what was your earliest exposure to gay people?

RT: My father’s agent was gay, and he was one of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my life. Probably from the time I was 7 or 8 years old, he was there every day, hanging out at the house and on my dad’s set. He was a wonderful man, so that was a great influence for me right from the beginning. Some of my mom’s best friends were also gay. When the AIDS epidemic hit in the ’80s, my mom lost one of her very best friends, who was also a close friend of the family. Even though I was very young, I had to understand what that was all about and why he passed. It’s a lot for a 10-year-old boy to try to figure out, but I have a very open heart because of those circumstances.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 9008/01/2013

PT: 2

[italic]The Advocate: Your first son is due this May. How do you plan to instill in him those same values of love and acceptance?

Robin Thicke: That’s easy. Love is easy to instill; it’s just hard to practice. We can all lose our tempers and our focus when our insecurities get the best of us, but it’s easy to preach and teach love and open-mindedness.

TA: Who’s your best gay friend?

RT: Probably somebody who won’t admit it. [Laughs] That’s the catch-22 of the hip-hop and R&B music world: There’s so much bravado and chest-thumping, you can’t help but be afraid to come out and be yourself. I actually have a couple friends in that world I’m wondering about right now.

TA: How can the homophobia in that world be diminished?

RT: I really don’t know. It’s this religion thing that’s so mind-boggling. Religion is an epidemic, you know what I mean? How do you justify what people have in their minds because of a book that they read — that your life has to be a certain way or you’re damned? It’s very difficult to understand how some people can be so open-minded in some realms but so closed off in others.

TA: How do you personally handle the homophobia you encounter?

RT: I’ve always been the guy at the table who will fight these people until the bitter end. I’m a fighter — maybe too much sometimes. Sometimes I ruin dinner.

TA: You’re married to black actress Paula Patton, which would’ve also been illegal in many states not all that long ago. What are your thoughts on gay marriage?

RT: When I was growing up and had my first apartment, my very next-door neighbors were a gay couple named Stan and Wayne. They were two of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my life, and they’re still friends of mine to this day. I think of them not being able to get married because of some law — and they’ve been together for 25-plus years — and there’s just nothing right about that. Why can’t they profess their love to the world? Why can’t they have the same legal tax credits and all those other things that everybody else gets to have? There’s a lot about all that that doesn’t make sense to me, but it’s hard to reason with people who get all caught up in their Bibles.

TA: Thanks to her role as lesbian teacher Ms. Rain in Precious — not to mention her next film, Just Wright, with Queen Latifah and Pam Grier — Paula is quickly becoming an icon in the lesbian community. Are you loving it?

RT: Oh, yes, and we’re both so grateful. My wife has been my teacher of open-mindedness since I met her. If I hadn’t met her, I would probably be more of a cocky jerk, but she’s always reminded me of the struggles that other people are going through, which has made me a better person. She’s got an enormous heart.

TA: Your current single, “Sex Therapy,” samples “It’s My Party” by out lesbian Lesley Gore. Are you trying to cultivate more lesbian fans yourself?

RT: She’s a lesbian? Oh, I had no idea! How cool is that? Well, there you go. See, subliminally I’m tapping into my lesbian side. I was born a lesbian, so all that makes sense.

TA: With which openly gay artist would you most like to collaborate?

RT: I love Adam Lambert — he’s great, man, and really exciting. But I don’t really reach out for too many collaborations except with producers, rappers, or soul singers like Faith Evans or Mary J. Blige.

TA: You made an exception, of course, when you collaborated with Leighton Meester on her debut single, “Somebody to Love.” Are you a Gossip Girl fan?

RT: I enjoyed the show once I checked it out, but I actually liked her from the Entourage episodes she was on a few years ago. I thought she was very fiery, sexy, and cool.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 9108/01/2013

PT: 3

[italic]The Advocate: Your dad was on the cover of Playgirl in 1987. Would you ever consider a beefcake photo shoot?

Robin Thicke: Oh, well, I’m going to have to hit the gym a little more before I get back to my beefcake days. I was more cakey when I was younger. Besides, my dad didn’t do the layout; he just did the interview.

TA: Maybe it’s time to one-up him.

RT: Right? No, I’m not ready for all that. A little mystery is a good thing.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 9208/01/2013

Robin's 2005 video for his song "Wanna Love You Girl" was where he first really showed his suave side.

by Anonymousreply 9308/01/2013

He was slowly getting there in 2003, sporting a new haircut and dressy threads in "Brand New Jones"...

by Anonymousreply 9408/01/2013

I love him so much!

by Anonymousreply 9508/01/2013

Me too!

by Anonymousreply 9608/03/2013

I had heard of him of course but didnt know any of his music until Blurred Lines. I will check out his earlier stuff.

I grew up with old school disco and it will always have a place in my heart. I love Blurred Lines and Bruno Mars' Treasure.

by Anonymousreply 9708/03/2013

his son looks white

by Anonymousreply 9808/05/2013

R98, that's the beauty of genetics! Mom(white/black) and Dad(white).

by Anonymousreply 9908/06/2013

unoriginal and overrated

by Anonymousreply 10008/06/2013

I saw his dick at the gym a few years ago - quite a schlong.

by Anonymousreply 10108/06/2013

Genetics are weird. African appearance usually recedes after just two generations of intermingling. After Donna Summer died, there was a pic posted of one of her daughters (whose father was white) and the daughter's kids (who have a white father) and the kids looked 100% white. You would never know they had black ancestry that was just two generations old.

by Anonymousreply 10208/06/2013

[quote]I saw his dick at the gym a few years ago - quite a schlong.

That doesn't surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 10308/06/2013

Robin Thicke looks really young in that Brand New Jones video. How old was he?

by Anonymousreply 10408/06/2013

Thicke was 26 in the Brand New Jones video. His first hit was When I Get You Alone, in 2002 when he was 25. His music has always been very good, and his mainstream success is long overdue. This guy should have been a big star a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 10508/06/2013

All that is missing is John Travolta in a white suit and a disco ball....

by Anonymousreply 10608/06/2013

r102. You'll be shocked at how many white Americans, especially southerners, have a black grandparent.

by Anonymousreply 10708/06/2013

Timberlake must be dying inside. After his overhyped "return to music" he gets outperformed by real talent.

by Anonymousreply 10808/06/2013

R98, his son does not look white.

He has strong characteristics of mulatto.

Unusual gold hair (but not blonde) from mixed heritage, mulatto skin tone, mulatto facial features.

Lots of people think he looks part albino, part Down's syndrome, part African.

by Anonymousreply 10908/06/2013

R109 Mulatto? What year is this? 1875?

And how the fuck did this turn into ANOTHER race thread?

by Anonymousreply 11008/06/2013

How much is Timberlake hating Thicke right now?

Thicke, whom I'm indifferent to, has the biggest hit of the summer, while Tmiberlake's latest song just dropped to 52 after only 3 weeks on the chart.

by Anonymousreply 11108/06/2013

Robin even looks hot with long hair, that is so weird! Justin must really hate him now.

by Anonymousreply 11208/06/2013

[quote]Genetics are weird. African appearance usually recedes after just two generations of intermingling. After Donna Summer died, there was a pic posted of one of her daughters (whose father was white) and the daughter's kids (who have a white father) and the kids looked 100% white. You would never know they had black ancestry that was just two generations old.

Yeah, but Donna's daughters all happen to be beautiful too.

by Anonymousreply 11308/06/2013

What is "gold (but not blond)" hair?

by Anonymousreply 11408/06/2013

r110, I have known many mixed (black/white) people in my life, and they have all referred to themselves as mulatto. As a white person, I would be uncomfortable using this word, but mixed-race people use it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 11508/06/2013

R114, Still trying to understand, R109's post...so 1875!

by Anonymousreply 11608/06/2013

I've never liked that poseur Timberlake, and I'm also wondering if he's spitting nails right now because he was such hot shit a few months ago, and now Robin Thicke has swooped in and totally stolen his thunder. Nobody's talking about Justin at the moment, Thicke the THE big thing in music right now.

by Anonymousreply 11708/06/2013

Back to Robin Thicke kicking Timberlake's ass please.

by Anonymousreply 11808/06/2013

Donna's daughter Mimi with the grandkids. You would never know those kids had a black grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 11908/06/2013

[quote]How much is Timberlake hating Thicke right now?

And adding insult to injury, when Robin was on Howard Stern recently, Howard asked him if he was pissed that JT basically stole his nude women idea for his own new video. Robin basically said no, and that he feels imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

by Anonymousreply 12008/06/2013

I'm Robin fan, but I kinda love how he stole TImberlake's look and sound and kicked TImberlake's ass into nowheresvile. And THEN Justin tried to basically become a Robin Thicke clone with the straightened hair, etc. Hilarious. I bet Robin will start acting and get big roles. Or at least good reviews.

by Anonymousreply 12108/06/2013

R121, Robin's been doing the dapper suit-n-tie thing since at least 2005, when JT was still walking around with a Caesar haircut and a scruffy beard.

I definitely think that Robin will become a headliner now with bigger venues. They need to release "Pressure" after "Ooo La La". It's the shit.

by Anonymousreply 12208/06/2013

R102, That can work inversely as well. Look at Sasha and Malia. They are 1/4 white, but nobody would guess it.

by Anonymousreply 12308/06/2013

ohh La La makes me think of this

by Anonymousreply 12408/06/2013

[quote]And adding insult to injury, when Robin was on Howard Stern recently, Howard asked him if he was pissed that JT basically stole his nude women idea for his own new video. Robin basically said no, and that he feels imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Very classy comment.

by Anonymousreply 12508/06/2013

I'm loving his new song, The Good Life...very soulfully done!

by Anonymousreply 12608/06/2013

r121. You must be a new fan if you think Thicke stole Timberlake's look and sound. He's been doing it for nearly 10 years performing to an R&B niche audience and it was Justin who stole Robin's look and sound for his new album.

by Anonymousreply 12708/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.