Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What Should I Bake

No, I am not fat.

What would you bake if you were me? I like chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 3808/07/2013

Brownies

by Anonymousreply 107/30/2013

Unless you're in a part of the world that's having winter now, don't fucking bake.

by Anonymousreply 207/30/2013

I don't know about you, OP, but I think it's much too hot out to make warm, heavy pastries or pies. If I were you, and if I had a machine, I'd make some cool, homemade chocolate ice cream.

If you're determined to make some thick, gut-filling desserts, though, I'd definitely recommend a chocolate bread pudding. It's very simple; you just have to add cocoa powder and melted chocolate to the standard bread-pudding custard.

(And no, I'm not fat, either. I'm actually in the process of losing a small bit of weight I gained while dealing with some personal issues, but I'm almost there.)

by Anonymousreply 307/30/2013

cocaine cookies!

YUMMMMMMMOOOO!!!!

by Anonymousreply 407/30/2013

pot de crime . . . . .but only if prepared classically .

by Anonymousreply 507/30/2013

Find your own schtick!

by Anonymousreply 607/30/2013

How about a nice Key Lime Pie?

by Anonymousreply 707/30/2013

Guess I should proof read my own posts . . . .

That should have read "pot de creme"

Almost did it a second time, seems to be the auto correct on my iPad.

by Anonymousreply 807/31/2013

Apple pie, light on the sugar. I love apple pie. I could eat it for breakfast every day.

by Anonymousreply 907/31/2013

Who are the people insisting it's too hot to bake anything? Do they use pot-bellied woodstoves?

PS: Not all baked goods are "heavy" or "gut-filling." SEE: angel food cake, most cookies, baguette, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1007/31/2013

Chocolate cookies with semi sweet and peanut butter chips.

by Anonymousreply 1107/31/2013

I just had a peach smoothie with farmers' market peaches and low fat yogurt.

by Anonymousreply 1207/31/2013

Dan Lepard's Bourbon pecan brownies, from hus amazing book Short & Sweet. Great baker, and gay.

by Anonymousreply 1307/31/2013

How about some of that good ole chocolate pie.

by Anonymousreply 1407/31/2013

Made a batch of chocolate/pecan cookies today, they are HIGH in chocolate(12 oz to just one-third cup of flour) BUT if you really wanna' blow your mind, chocolate upside-down cake is the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 1507/31/2013

Been making Welsh Seedcake for 30 years, it's one of my most requested recipes. A very rich butter poundcake, flavored with caraway seeds, orangeflower water and diced candied orange peel. Makes a big, tall bundt-type cake. Unusual, and a good "keeper", as the Brits say.

by Anonymousreply 1607/31/2013

I'm in the US, but I've always been intrigued by baked goods from other countries. In the last year, I've made Sticky Toffee Pudding (UK) and attempted a Pavlova (Australia). The STP was delicious, but the Pavlova came out grainy cause I didn't beat the sugar into the egg whites long enough.

Try the Pavlova, for me.

by Anonymousreply 1707/31/2013

r17 Anna says hello

by Anonymousreply 1807/31/2013

"Blonde" chocolate chip cookies! Brownies as well.

by Anonymousreply 1907/31/2013

Seven Layer Cookie Bars

Divine.

by Anonymousreply 2007/31/2013

R16, I looked up what Welsh seedcake is and am intrigued. Would you please share your recipe?

by Anonymousreply 2107/31/2013

r21 I'd be glad to. Post it here, or should I email it to you?

by Anonymousreply 2208/01/2013

Baked Alaska.

by Anonymousreply 2308/01/2013

r21 If you go to www.recipelink.com, and type in "Welsh Caraway Seed Cake", the recipe I use is there. The only addition I make is putting the seeds and chopped peel in a small bowl, and pour in 1 Tbsp. orange liqueur(Triple Sec; Cointreau, etc) Other than that, follow the recipe exactly. It's an impressive cake to serve,especially if yu have a tall cake pedestal, lightly dust the top with confectioner's sugar. Thin slices are best, it's a very rich cake.

by Anonymousreply 2408/01/2013

Maryjane brownies.

by Anonymousreply 2508/01/2013

Found it! Thanks R16/R24!

by Anonymousreply 2608/01/2013

Clementine cake. You know you want to.

by Anonymousreply 2708/01/2013

[bold]What Should I Bake?[/bold]

BEANS

by Anonymousreply 2808/02/2013

Banana nut bread, served with soft cream cheese. Nice and light for the summer. Not too sweet.

by Anonymousreply 2908/02/2013

Once I made raw brownies,, I found them so delicious and easy that it is difficult to go back to the old standard.

1 C dates 1 C pecans 5 T Cocoa 4 T unsweetened shredded coconut 1/4 tsp salt 2 T agave nectar or honey

Use the food processor to pulverize the nuts first, then add everything else and process.

I roll mine into little balls and then put them inside of a mini muffin tin, flattening them to fit. Then chill in the fridge and enjoy. The flavors really meld after an hour or so and they are so good it may shock you.

You have to keep them in the fridge, but they won't be in there long...

I made these recently for a dinner where I was tasked with bringing dessert. I formed them into little cups and filled them with coconut milk whipped creme. Big hit. I converted a few people to raw desserts and Meatless Monday with this...

by Anonymousreply 3008/03/2013

r26 My pleasure, I assure you. Please post and let me know what you think of it. Having one of these cakes on hand is the perfect excuse to have a few friends over for tea. Store either in a tin, or a big zipperlock foodbag, at room temperature.

by Anonymousreply 3108/03/2013

Canvassing opinion here:

I'm a cake maker, I like to bake. For my birthday (this Friday), I was going to do a proper Victoria Sponge (for Americans, this is the best "yellow" cake ever) with an 85% dark chocolate buttercream and hand-whipped vanilla custard on the side.

Then I started thinking I would do something a little different and do the same Victoria Sponge but make it into a Peanut Butter (which I love) and Jelly Cake by doing a Peanut Butter Buttercream and spreading a raspberry coulis between the two layers.

My questions are: How does that sound? Which one sounds better? And should I use peanut butter in the Victoria Sponge as well as the buttercream frosting or just the frosting?

I've made the Victoria Sponge recipe before and it is to die for regardless of what you do with it so I'm wondering if it will be enough to enjoy the richness of the cake with peanut butter frosting or if I should but peanut butter in the cake as well?

Thanks for your input, really appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 3208/06/2013

How about chocolate lava cake? You could even "bake" it in a crock pot. Because it's so hot in Vegas, I use my toaster oven for baking small amounts. I don't want to jack up my AC.

by Anonymousreply 3308/06/2013

r32 Victoria sponge with a layer of raspberry jam in between, powdered sugar sifted on top. Keep it simple to really enjoy how toothsome the cake is. Classic. Delicious. Best.

by Anonymousreply 3408/06/2013

It's too damn hot to bake so just go to Publix and pick up a key lime pie or make some home made ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 3508/06/2013

Great advice. Thanks R34.

by Anonymousreply 3608/07/2013

Catfish nuggets baked in Rhubarb pie.

by Anonymousreply 3708/07/2013

I like to do a crumble. Most people uses peaches, but I use sliced strawberries with dark chocolate bits spread amongst them. It's delicious!

by Anonymousreply 3808/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.