Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chris Christie and Rand Paul Are Fighting Each Other In The Media!!!!!

Rand Paul: Chris Christie ‘is the king of bacon’

Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) shot back at New Jersey Governor Chris Christie on Tuesday, continuing a feud that was sparked last week.

“This is the king of bacon talking about bacon,” Paul said on CNN.

Earlier in the day, Christie had dismissed the Kentucky senator’s criticism of his request for federal disaster aid by noting that Kentucky gets back $1.51 on every dollar it sends to Washington, while New Jersey receives only 61 cents back.

Paul said Kentucky received a greater ratio of federal tax dollars than New Jersey because his state was home to two military bases.

“What this debate really is about that in order to have enough money for national defense, which I think is a priority for the government, you have to be willing to cut spending in other places,” Paul continued. “And Governor Christie and others have been part of this ‘gimme gimme gimme’,'give me all this money.’”

He warned it was “a big mistake” for Christie to criticize him.

Watch video, uploaded to YouTube at link.

by Anonymousreply 2407/31/2013

"Christie slams Rand Paul by accusing Kentucky of being a leech on the federal government"

Republican Governor Chris Christie slammed Senator Rand Paul on Tuesday, after the Kentucky senator accused him of begging the federal government for money.

During a press conference, Christie noted that his state paid more in federal taxes than they got back, which was not true to of the state that Paul represented. According to the Tax Foundation, for every $1.00 Kentucky’s taxpayers send to Washington, they get back $1.51. In contrast, for every $1.00 New Jersey’s taxpayers sent to Washington, they get only 61 cents back.

“I find it interesting that Senator Paul is accusing us of having a gimme, gimme, gimme attitude toward federal spending when in fact New Jersey is a donor state, we get 61 cents back on every dollar we send to Washington,” Christie said. “And interestingly Kentucky gets $1.51 on every dollar they sent to Washington.”

“So if Senator Paul wants to start looking at where he is going to cut spending to afford defense, maybe he should start looking at cutting the pork barrel spending he brings home to Kentucky at a $1.51 on every dollar and not look at New Jersey where we get 61 cents for every dollar,” he continued. “Maybe Senator Paul could deal with that when he is trying to deal with the reduction of spending on the federal side, but I doubt he would because most Washington politicians only care about bringing home the bacon so they can get reelected.”

Monday night of Fox News’ Hannity, Paul criticized Christie for asking the federal government for disaster relief aid after Hurricane Sandy.

“If he cared about protecting this country maybe he wouldn’t be in this gimme, gimme, gimme all the money you have in Washington or don’t have, and he’d be a little more fiscally responsive,” Paul said.

Paul was responding to a comment Christie made last week, in which the New Jersey governor said libertarians supported dangerous policies.

Watch video, courtesy of the New Jersey Star-Ledger

by Anonymousreply 107/30/2013

Nothing more delicious than a GOP catfight! Those gurls really know how to bring out the clawzzz!

by Anonymousreply 207/30/2013

Kinda like Divine battling it out with Mink Stole.

by Anonymousreply 307/30/2013

Mr. McConnell! Chris Christie is eating a meatball sandwich right out in class and he's taking government aid!

by Anonymousreply 407/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 507/31/2013

Rand Paul is going to show that Christie is unprincipled and erratic and likes to bring home the bacon. Huge greasy slabs of bacon.

by Anonymousreply 607/31/2013

Chris Christie should pull Rand Paul's wig off.

by Anonymousreply 707/31/2013

And Rand Paul sounds like a whiny little bitch. I'm glad someone called out that libertarian asshole on all the money Kentucky receives from the federal government. If Sen. Paul wants to play libertarian, let him do it with his own state first.

by Anonymousreply 807/31/2013

Christie is a comfort eater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 907/31/2013

I wish, R7. Paul better be careful with the weight insinuations. They didn't work out so well for what's his name who ran against Christie.

by Anonymousreply 1007/31/2013

Thank god the GOP is doing this, it's usually the DEMS who form circular firing squads.

by Anonymousreply 1107/31/2013

Rand Paul is made of hemp twine!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1207/31/2013

Does Christie have a good shot at winning the nomination? I can't see the Republican base nominating ANOTHER moderate candidate, and one from the Northeast, no less.

by Anonymousreply 1307/31/2013

Battle of the Titans.

by Anonymousreply 1407/31/2013

This makes both of them look un-presidential.

by Anonymousreply 1507/31/2013

They are a bunch of punks.

by Anonymousreply 1607/31/2013

It's too bad. They would make such a good ticket.

Or a comedy team.

by Anonymousreply 1707/31/2013

Yes R13, I think that's the big issue. Christie will never play well in the South.

by Anonymousreply 1807/31/2013

Why does Rand speak with that haughty accent? He has such an odd voice.

by Anonymousreply 1907/31/2013

I thought NJ also had a couple of military bases?

by Anonymousreply 2007/31/2013

Most (if not all) of the military bases closed during the Bush administration were in blue states.

The red states want all the military. Don't think there isn't a reason for it besides leeching fed $$. Think about why.

by Anonymousreply 2107/31/2013

I looked it up - NJ has 9 bases to KY's 2

by Anonymousreply 2207/31/2013

[quote] He warned it was “a big mistake” for Christie to criticize him.

I'll be Christie's quaking in his size 54 jeans!

by Anonymousreply 2307/31/2013

LOL, R3 ...

"He's fat ... VERY fat!"

by Anonymousreply 2407/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!