Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why do mothers always talk nonsensical crap?

I find it hard to enjoy talking to her. Every time I have a conversation with her, all she talks about is nonsensical crap.

I'm serious. I was talking to her just now. And she was like what kind of guy do you want to date and she talked about her friend's sons who did not want to date anyone until they were really old. And they chased this girl away by making fun of her the way she dressed (?)

I have to pose the question: is what she's talking about even real or did she just make it all up? And then she goes on about what if your husband takes your money once you start working? Then...uh...he would not be my boyfriend? WTF?

And then she rants about short men. I mean how lookist can you get? She says she can't imagine marrying someone who was shorter than her. And I replied, it never crossed my mind that height was a problem.

As you can see, I don't enjoy talking to my mother.

by Anonymousreply 1307/30/2013

Thanks for sharing, but I've never met your mother.

by Anonymousreply 107/30/2013

Just change the subject and talk about the weather or Dancing with the Stars

by Anonymousreply 207/30/2013

Clearly, it's genetic, OP.

by Anonymousreply 307/30/2013

Well, OP, it does sound like your mother accepts you being gay and wants a good boyfriend for you. Many of us don't have that.

by Anonymousreply 407/30/2013

Change the subject and talk about the Royal Family, and the new eventual heir to the throne. Now you know why Americans follow Royalty. It gives them something to talk about besides the weather.

Some older women will always have romance fantasies about others. It's part of wanting others to have a happier life than they did. Note the frau threads on young, gay male celebs and how cute they look with their girlfriends. Now wouldn't you rather focus on the new Royal and his name?

by Anonymousreply 507/30/2013

I just tune my mother out.

She goes on and on and on and I just want to say "get to the point". But I don't ever say it, because if I do, she'll get angry and I'll have a physical reaction like I am somehow going to be smacked right thru the freaking phone.

There are specific topics she *knows* I do not like to discus: ie, bowel movements, gas, urine. So of course she needs to work them into every. single. conversation. For example:

Me: I saw an indigo bunting Mom: Did it poop, every time I fill the the birdbath the first thing the robins do is get in there and poop....on and on

Me: How is my niece? Mom: She had to have her urethra widened because she was peeing the bed and your sisters when they were little....on and on

Me: How are you? Mom: A. Constipated B. Have diarrhea C. Peed my pants the other day.........

Me: Want some juice/vegetables/pork/etc Mom: They give my gas, I was farting.....on and on

If I have to be in the car with her for any extended period of time, I need to take a Xanax first.

(Of course I have been diagnosed with PTSD stemming from my childhood.)

by Anonymousreply 607/30/2013

lol, R6. very realistic!

by Anonymousreply 707/30/2013

OP why do you lump all mothers in with your own? Mine is perfectly capable of having a normal conversation.

Your post was pretty nonsensical by the way, so I guess the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.

by Anonymousreply 807/30/2013

LOL R6 -- you should take this on the road as stand up.

by Anonymousreply 907/30/2013

OP, you need to educate her on the things that matter to you: water-based vs. oil based lube, collecting used underwear, stretching your hole to accommodate double penetration, and meth. Moms are glad to converse if they know that the topics mean so much to their baby.

by Anonymousreply 1007/30/2013

R3 wins!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1107/30/2013

I wish my mom were still alive so I could listen to her nonsensical crap. Appreciate your mom while you have her, OP. She won't be around forever.

by Anonymousreply 1207/30/2013

Then go talk to your cat.

by Anonymousreply 1307/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!