Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

AUDIO Recording of Homophobe Richard Nixon saying "Homosexuality Destroyed the Greeks, Will Lead To The Destruction of US"

Nixon bitching about "faggy" gays in San Francisco saying he can't shake hands with anyone there and then he goes on to say that homosexuals were the downfall of several civilizations in the past and that "something has to be done about it."

Curiously, a few years the AIDS virus suddenly appeared, a pathogen not naturally occurring in nature...

[Link to the audio file below, along with a transcript.]

by Anonymousreply 2407/31/2013

Some time ago, a long DL thread made an excellent case for Nixon being an extremely closeted homosexual.

It explains his extreme repression, his self-hared, his apparent lack of interest in sex, and his devotion to Bebe Rebozo.

by Anonymousreply 107/30/2013

"Some time ago, a long DL thread made an excellent case for Nixon being an extremely closeted homosexual."

So, in fact, he was jealous of Deep Throat?

by Anonymousreply 207/30/2013

Nixon's White House tapes are the gift that keeps on giving. Was there anyone who Nixon did not hate?

by Anonymousreply 307/30/2013

what did cause the destruction of Roman Empire?

Was it corrupt leaders and invasion of barbarians?

by Anonymousreply 407/30/2013

r4 Lead water pipes. They went mad.

by Anonymousreply 507/30/2013

r4 I think they basically got to big to manage.

by Anonymousreply 607/30/2013

to=too

by Anonymousreply 707/30/2013

"I don’t mind the homosexuality. I understand it." R1, the Bebe/Dick thread had one striking image for me. Someone commented that Nixon was seen holding hands with Bebe walking down the beach in Florida. Ick.

This transcript is nothing new. It's been talked about on DL before. In some ways it's rather prescient, as Nixon often was, for example about Russia's attitude towards gays, negative gay attitudes and limitations about themselves and the power of television and its debasing of culture (reality television being the current product). Historically, it's highly inaccurate when he discusses the Roman, British and French. I recall reading that only one Western Roman emperor is known to have been purely heterosexual in his known relationships. The last Western Roman emperor was but a boy who was a puppet of his father and not truly recognized by the Eastern Roman emperor. R4, there are many causes for the decline of the Western Roman Empire, but barbarian invasions weren't precisely it. It was more like barbarian desire to assimilate (see modern immigration parallels to that as well). In fact, a substantial portion of the Roman army consisted of barbarians who were yearning for a piece of the Roman pie and lifestyle. They wanted the Roman dream but were denied the full benefits of being Roman by the Romans despite the fact that the soldiers fought and died for Rome. Rome turned against its historical policy of assimilating those it conquered by not assimilating those who it invited to defend its borders. Sound familiar?

Nixon was truly Shakespearian. He could be crude, a lout and sleazy, as this transcript shows, or able to reach transformational and near transcendent greatness while at the same time beset by darkness, evil and corrupting flaws. He was comedy and tragedy. In my opinion, he was the pivotal, critical and emblematic figure of the second half of the 20th century: not Reagan, not LBJ, but Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 807/30/2013

No the things that could destroy the U.S. are corporate globalism, political correctness, lack of national identity, cultural and ethical apathy and Sharia Law.

by Anonymousreply 907/30/2013

And most of all a corrupt government/leadership that would allow any and all of those things, R9

by Anonymousreply 1007/30/2013

R8, how exactly did Nixon reach 'greatness'?

by Anonymousreply 1107/30/2013

Yeah, Nixon was a beautiful soul...

by Anonymousreply 1207/30/2013

he sounds like a grouchy, paranoid provincial

by Anonymousreply 1307/30/2013

Well if he was "predicting" AIDS that started a few years later during Carter's term.

by Anonymousreply 1407/30/2013

R4 - massive expansion and spending while the rich paid no tax.

Sound familiar?

by Anonymousreply 1507/30/2013

I wonder if we will ever learn the truth about AIDS

yes, that does sound familiar, R15

by Anonymousreply 1607/30/2013

What caused the downfall of the Roman Empire? Military overstretch, a vast disparity between the have and have-nots and Christianity as the state religion.

by Anonymousreply 1707/30/2013

"what did cause the destruction of Roman Empire?"

Among other things, the rich became laws unto themselves, and stopped paying taxes. Because the only remaining source of revenue was the middle class, the tax collectors took everything they had and stamped them out of existence.

Sound familiar?

by Anonymousreply 1807/30/2013

I wouldn't be surprised if Dick molested Julie and Tricia. Would explain Pat's demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 1907/31/2013

How peculiar.

My thread titled "The man-made origin of AIDS" (which was inspired by this thread) has been deleted, not long after I called out one prolific poster for his attempts at disinformation (and also incidental homophobia).

Clearly SOMEONE doesn't want us to pay attention to:

1. The origin of AIDS and its connection to the Hepatitis B vaccination trials for gay men in NYC, San Francisco and elsewhere in the late '70s, and

2. The startling fact that people are posing as gay men and posting here in an attempt to derail debate on issues such as these (leading to the obvious question, who's agenda are they serving?).

by Anonymousreply 2007/31/2013

Whoops: "whose" not "who's"

by Anonymousreply 2107/31/2013

[quote]Homosexuality Destroyed the Greeks

Not us, babe.

by Anonymousreply 2207/31/2013

Face it, folks. The whole point of going to China was to get the low-wage labor for companies like Wal-Mart. That and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 2307/31/2013

And to destroy the American workforce

by Anonymousreply 2407/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.