Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do we like Amanda Palmer?

Does anyone?

She seems like she's about something and does things, but I'm never really sure.

I like her husband, Neil Gaiman. He's a good writer.

by Anonymousreply 2711/04/2013

This question begs another question: who the fuck is Amanda Palmer?

by Anonymousreply 107/30/2013

Actually the question is: who killed Amanda Palmer?

by Anonymousreply 207/30/2013

I detest her music, personality and attention-whoring ways, but I can't speak for anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 307/30/2013

Using Kickstarter to fund new album.

by Anonymousreply 407/30/2013

Her letter to the Daily Mail was fun.

by Anonymousreply 507/30/2013

by Anonymousreply 607/30/2013

She comes across as kind of an idiot in this recent Guardian interview:

[quote]"Anything that emotionally affects me becomes part of the melange of thoughts, and then art, that I create." They're fine with her proclivity free-spiritedly to retweet praise many times each day ("You continue to inspire" and "Thank you for being unique and talented. You're amazing" are two on the day of writing). "I retweet it all because it's all happening!" she exclaims. "It is all happening. I like showing everything that's happening on Twitter as in life."

[quote] It included "the basest, most cruel insult someone could throw at me, which was to tell me that Bertolt Brecht would not be proud of me". She paused. "And then it dawned on me how deeply hated Bertolt Brecht was, and all of a sudden my mood improved." She smiled at me, and at the girl behind the bar, who had just told her how much she loved the Dresden Dolls. "I finally saw the bigger picture," she said, "which was: I was only put on this Earth to connect with the people who were attuned."

by Anonymousreply 707/30/2013

Amanda Palmer's “A Poem for Dzhokhar” Is the Worst Poem of All Time:

by Anonymousreply 807/30/2013

Palmer and Gaiman are Scienos, no?

by Anonymousreply 907/30/2013

Her and her husband are vile scienos.

by Anonymousreply 1007/30/2013

OMG, really? They're scienos?

Tragic. I really like his books.

by Anonymousreply 1107/30/2013

Gaiman is a former scieno. A scieno no more.

by Anonymousreply 1207/30/2013

Isn't Gaiman sort of on the fence over that one? Don't know about Palmer.

His books do start off really well (I never finished any of them, then I have to say I never really tried, somehow they were too slick for me - I gotta admit he's very talented). Also scientology kids tend to be really good at focussing on their subject. Like the songwriter Beck, who looks positively high when he's on stage.

by Anonymousreply 1307/30/2013

Gawker apparently hates Amanda Palmer. Every time she does something they knives are out for her.

by Anonymousreply 1407/30/2013

Gaiman and Palmer are both second generation scienos. He is not disconnected from his family, big power players in the cult, and that should tell you everything you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 1507/30/2013

It seems like he broke away from the church, just very quietly.

"Gaiman has called the suggestion that he’s still involved with the Church of Scientology “bonkers”, and we tend to believe him. If he hasn’t criticized Scientology or even really spoken much at all about leaving it behind, it’s not hard to understand why, with his two sisters still in the church, as well as his ex-wife, whom he still remains friends with. If he were to say a harsh word about the church, Gaiman might find himself completely cut off from his family members still in Scientology, a consequence of the church’s toxic “disconnection” policy."

"GAIMAN: As a child, I suppose I was as much a Scientologist as I was Jewish, which is to say it was the family religion. Am I now? No."

by Anonymousreply 1607/30/2013

by Anonymousreply 1707/31/2013

Is Gawker plugged by Scientology?

by Anonymousreply 1807/31/2013

She's no Amanda Plummer.

by Anonymousreply 1907/31/2013

She sounds like my pseudo-intellectual, narcissistic siater in law who's all about her sex life and her brilliance. She dropped out of high school because she "was too smart for her teachers" and has never paid a cent in income taxes all of her life.

by Anonymousreply 2007/31/2013

I think she really relished the coverage from The Daily Mail, especially since it talked like people knew who she was. So of course she took it and ran with it.

by Anonymousreply 2107/31/2013

Do you know who I like now? Anna Kendrick. She was terrific as a guest judge on "So You Think You Can Dance" last night. So much better than that vapid pop singer Carly Rae Jepsen was.

by Anonymousreply 2207/31/2013

Up her own ass.

by Anonymousreply 2307/31/2013

Aaaaaah... Tbh I didn't know who she was before that. I have a friend who's a fan but I kept confusing her name with Laura Palmer, who died in Twin Peaks.

by Anonymousreply 2407/31/2013

Butcher than hubby:

by Anonymousreply 2508/01/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2608/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 2711/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!